Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast's Lair's Beta Reading - offers and/or requests, inquire within

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    American public school sex ed was literally:

"Here's a few slides of what STDs look like on you. Here's a spreadsheet detailing the cost of a baby. You still wanna have sex? WELL DO YOU!?"
    Ehhh I dunno. At my school we learned about most of the options in birth control, pretty much full disclosure and a healthy discussion on abortion, the std stuff, made us watch a vaginal birth and some other stuff. I'm pretty sure my experience was an anomaly though.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably depends on what state and school you are in, and if it was infiltrated by liberul hippie communists.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Three condoms and a pat on the back. That's the way it's done.

Blog Entries
    You forgot the whiskey...oh wait, right, jail time.

No whiskey, just a speech about the burdens of alimony.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Probably depends on what state and school you are in, and if it was infiltrated by liberul hippie communists.
    It's more a direct proportion between the amount of money given and the amount of attention given.

My school in the Philippines was private and it had money to spend so we got a week long seminar on everything from sex to reproductive health to pregnancy to child care.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Public and in the reddist state in the union. Abstinence only until High School Health, which was not mandatory. Mainly STD stuff and somewhat hilarious failure ratings on condoms (80% effective... seriously, It's closer to 95% I think if you're not an idiot and don't store them in your glove box) and more focus on abstinence in that class.

Also, anti-drug lectures that made taking drugs more interesting than the actual lectures.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So. I hear this is where you go if your looking for a beta?

I need one for Arashi's contest for the Missing Scene category. Anyone willing to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Sweet fingerling potatoes that was fast. D:
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Sweet fingerling potatoes that was fast. D:
    ehhh, I already had something I have been working on that fits in that category, Its just that I'm stuck on how to expand on it.

Im hoping a new perspective will help.
    Last edited by Knick; June 15th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

I have no idea what I'm talking about. Tyrnek's Avatar
    Hello. Just an aspiring fanfic writer looking for beta readers for a FSN alternate continuity story which examines exactly how far a certain girl would be willing to go to get what she wants. WARNING: PEGGY SUE. Also, I swear I'm not ripping off Pata Hikari, though he did serve as an inspiration. Little bit of all three routes.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM, and if you want me to send you an outline of where I plan on going with this so that you can rip it apart, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I also want to request for Severed Bonds please.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Ehhh I dunno. At my school we learned about most of the options in birth control, pretty much full disclosure and a healthy discussion on abortion, the std stuff, made us watch a vaginal birth and some other stuff. I'm pretty sure my experience was an anomaly though.
    Sounds like it

My sex ed education was ABSTINENCE, ABSTINENCE, CONDOMS ALWAYS BREAK, ABSTINENCE, TELL THE KIDS TO BE GOOD CHRISTIANS WITHOUT ACTUALLY SAYING IT BUT MAKING IT SO OBVIOUS THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE BRAIN DEAD TO MISS IT, ABSTINENCE, GNARLY STD SLIDES, CONDOMS SUCK, ABSTINENCE.

There was also this idea of HAM, the three things they couldn't discuss. They would deflect any and all questions about Homosexuality, Abortion and Masturbation with a brief, very clinical definition, which was all we could ever hope to get. It wasn't something they tried to put past us either. Two separate teachers told me they just weren't going to talk about it.

Edit: Hey, Knick, I'll beta your Missing Scene if you would like.
    Last edited by Imperial; July 9th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    the perils of derailing in a sticky

Is this a thread for finding beta readers? It sure doesn't look like one, judging from the last couple of pages.

But seriously, I could use a little help with grammar and plot corrections on a fanfic I'm currently writing.
    It's about my take on a Matou Shirou story (Zouken found Shirou instead of Kiritsugu) with some twist on its own. There's both minor and major OCs (some yet to appear) so be warned. I'm not following any of the existing routes since too much have changed. (Especially Shirou's family) It's written from a third person perspective, using past tense, and use multiple characters as POVs.

First chapter is a little bit over 10,000 words long. I'm already done with the second chapter, (I initially planned both chapters to be one single chapter, but it ended up being too long so I split it up) which is a little bit over 12,000 words long. If you prove yourself to be useful with the first chapter then I'll let you beta the second chapter (and maybe for future chapters too)
    Those first two chapters take place right after the 4th HGW. It should move on to the 5th HGW starting by the third chapter (not yet written)

So uhhh... If you're interested then PM me for further details. Thanks in advance!

P.S.: You (beta reader) can also help me create a nice title and description for this series.
    Last edited by Nerdguy; July 10th, 2013 at 03:52 AM.

A free-of-charge tip: While you generally get one free idea for your initial concept (i.e. the story depends on it existing), you'd better have a really good idea for why Matou Zouken would actually want to adopt Shirou (a zero-talent magus with no blood tie) as opposed to using his body to repair from incidental fire damage. Selling that moment is going to be key to making the fic work.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

I got that covered.

Also, I currently don't need any beta since there's some rewriting I need to do

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I chose to erase my previous post, i have scrapped that idea and instead i am aiming for a crossover that will at least try to be interesting, Demonbane X FSN, the bare idea is simple, a character of Demonbane drags Shirou and Co to the DB verse and they wound up having to help Kurou and his friends to defeat the whole plan of Master Therion. So i am searching for some one who knows FSN and Demonbane well, to shoot back and forth ideas and grammar and spell check, given i am sure word might not be perfectly accurate on some finer point. Forgot to mention i already started writing the story, as i write here the story has some 7 pages, i plan the chapter 1 reach at least the 15 pages, if not more.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; August 21st, 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    So I've been working on a crossover fic of Dresden Files and Fate that I could use a beta for.

It's basically being written as a "Dresden case," by which I mean, in Chicago and primarily from Dresden's point of view. As such, readers of Butcher's work would be particularly useful to help me keep the necessary voice, though don't feel constrained if you haven't read it.

I'm currently sitting on a buffer of around five chapters, and looking to get about five more written and beta-read before I start posting them at all.