Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71215161718 LastLast

Thread: Beast's Lair's Beta Reading - offers and/or requests, inquire within

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Would someone be interested in betaing for me within the next few days, preferably someone who is not participating in my contest as the fic is related to that.
    What’re the goods like, what skills do you need*, and when does it have to be done?

* I’m not the greatest with canon, so I’d rather avoid something of that nature.

Blog Entries
    I sent you a VM.

Is anyone interested in beta-reading mi fic?http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Fate-Parousia
    The turtle moves!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    The fic I wrote is too long to ask someone to beta read it, but I’m not entirely sure it’s readable. Storywise, I mean; I’ve had it in the works for almost two years now, so errors are minimal. Instead of beating it, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give it a preliminary read and review, basically so that I can be sure it’s not boring. Like, I’m hoping that it’s interesting, and it features some characters that I really haven’t seen anywhere yet, namely Gray, Fiore, and Olga-Marie.

Main characters are Rin and Shirou though, so if you’re totally sick of them feel free to pass on this.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Hello,

I need some advice regarding the mechanics of summoning for my own story I'm writing. Is it possible to summon Arturia Pendragon as a Saber-class without Avalon as a Catalyst? If so, what catalyst would that be? I'm researching Arthurian mythology, and I've come across the Thirteen Treasures of Britain as a starting point. Please reply, I'd like some feedback. Thank you.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    any catalyst as long as its strongly related to her and the personality of the person being close is even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Hello,

Thank you for the swift reply. It really helps. I came across 'The Mantle of Arthur in Cornwall', referenced in the welsh tales. Or would that fall under the Assassin-class? Because it's not as well known as Avalon, Excalibur or Caliburn. Can the first artifact apply, do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I just read your second part: the personality of the person summoning. Yeah, now that I think about it, MC (Main Character) is an idealist. Well, mostly.

Hello,

I have a question that's I've been scratching my head over. Shirou was revived after Lancer killed him, yeah? So, what is the reason he survived more? Was it Avalon or Rin Tohsaka's pendant that got the job done?

Blog Entries
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Rin constructed a new heart for him. Saber hadn't been summoned yet so Avalon wouldn't have taken effect. Or at least, that's what I 've been led to understand. Either way, these questions belong in the Questions, questions, and more questions thread, not here, for your future reference.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I'll remember to post in the proper thread regarding the questions. I hope you have a nice day.

Blog Entries
    Mm, it's my nature to feel irritating when I ask absolutely anything of this nature, but could I run a story concept and some half-finished sheets by someone by PM? It's one I don't want to just toss out and spoil for everyone, but that I do really need a voice besides myself to weigh in on.

I'm working on a CAS/fanfic project and I've reached the point where I've done enough that my anxiety starts taking it seriously and begins to question if the whole concept actually feels legit or not.

I promise I won't spam the prospective someone with too much, but I need a second opinion, somewhat.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Mm, it's my nature to feel irritating when I ask absolutely anything of this nature, but could I run a story concept and some half-finished sheets by someone by PM? It's one I don't want to just toss out and spoil for everyone, but that I do really need a voice besides myself to weigh in on.

I'm working on a CAS/fanfic project and I've reached the point where I've done enough that my anxiety starts taking it seriously and begins to question if the whole concept actually feels legit or not.

I promise I won't spam the prospective someone with too much, but I need a second opinion, somewhat.
    I'm game. Actually, do you have a Skype or something? Maybe we could talk there.
    Last edited by Nuclear; January 2nd, 2018 at 12:24 AM.

Hello,

I am looking for a proofreader. I have been writing up a first draft for a while now, I have about three chapters in and am looking for someone to poke at it. I'll send the synopsis that I wrote up to give a general idea of the story. Please message me personally, I really need another voice to tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong, how can I improve? Any other tips would be helpful. I'm the kind of person that can take harsh criticism, I try to listen above all else and absorb the information properly.

I'm a first time writer, and I'd like to get all the help I can.

Here's the synopsis, it's a crossover:

NarutoxFate/stay night fanfic (Have no title yet)
    Summary: In world not his own, a ninja searches for knowledge to return home. Naruto contemplated wishing Madara alive to kick him in the balls for his half-baked trap, and shoddy understanding of time-space jutsu.

Sorry bud I'd love to but it would take me probs a few hours writing all those paragraphs and I have homework. Sorry but I can't really do much. Sorry.

I need a betareader for my chapters. If someone is interested, please contact me via MP ^^'
    The turtle moves!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hello there! I'd like to ask someone to read the fic I'll be submitting to Milbunk's contest. It's still in bits and pieces, but I do have a mostly-finished introduction.
    Many thanks in advance!

JP Friend Code
    thread seems a little dead but i can try my luck, i hope? i'm not sure if non-TM fics are allowed here but judging from a handful of posts above i'll assume so.

i'm writing a crossover fic with someone and we need a beta reader to read it. it's Persona 3's setting with Touhou characters, specifically Sumireko as the MC who summons Renko as her persona. we have like a handful(4 or 5 i forgot) of chapters ready to be read and each are around 3k words in length i think? ideally we'll get someone who knows both franchises, or at least understands the prompt i just explained but the first few chapters we have made to be (mostly) understandable to the common plebeian unfamiliar readers as well. i guess if i had to summarize it quickly its about a mentally unhealthy girl in an urban fantasy-like setup.

naturally the actual story is not written in the same grammatical style as this post(although i can't guarantee there won't be some errors, that's why we want a beta reader). if anyone's interested do PM plz
    updated 2019/1/10

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hi there! I need beta readers for a fanfic, please. It's not a fic aimed at any current or future events. Sesto, if you're reading this, I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but you can't beta read it. :-P

Hey there. I'm looking for a beta and/or co-GM for my FGO x Bionicle crossover quest. If anyone is willing to help me on the TM side of ththe lore and the story, please contact me via PM. I apologize if I'm asking too much.