Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hound and the Blacksmith

Blog Entries
    How dare you call them "side" characters?!

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey. I don't like it either, but considering that neither of them are big stars, it's hard to argue against it. Fuck, it's one of the reasons I made Lancer so badass in Cooled Ambition.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Well, I guess it's up to you guys, the writers, to make sure they all get their due.

Blog Entries
    Indeed! I also admit that I'd have written a story with Ayako by now...but honestly it's difficult to conceive anything believable because she has nothing to do with the abnormal happenings of the Grail War. The only thing I can come up with (and I really should write this, because as far as too my knowledge no one has [and for the love of God why not?!]) is a hot little number of Rin and Ayako realizing they suck at getting boyfriends, and have a nice yuri get-together after graduation before Rin moves off to London.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Like Ivan says, Lancer/Ayako = potential OTP. I love their banter~ They're just like another set of Archer/Rin lol. This fic's gonna be full of GAR + romance XD

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Heheheh, as soon as she let me know those two would at least have witty wordplay, I went SQUEEEEE!

What can I say? Ayako and Lancer are my two favorite F/SN side characters.
    Seconded.

Loving the banter between the two of them, BTW.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FcS View Post
    Like Ivan says, Lancer/Ayako = potential OTP. I love their banter~ They're just like another set of Archer/Rin lol. This fic's gonna be full of GAR + romance XD
    Except Lancer/Ayako's banter isn't full of PENT UP SEXUAL FRUSTRATION AND MAGI BULLSHIT like Rin and Archer's is. Rin and Archer are like fucking repressed. Ayako doesn't want to be repressed and Lancer isn't repressed. So, there's banter, but its a different sort of banter.

Plus I'm finally writing Lancer. *does a little dance*

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I prefer Mitsuzuri. She's more honest than Tohsaka in general.

And you're writing Lancer WELL, more to the point.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hark - an opportunity to learn more about Ayako! She does look pretty, but there's never much mentioned about her. Nobody seems to use her much outside the game, which I haven't played. So this will, I hope, be educational.

Blog Entries
    Ayako is rather awesome actually, and gorgeous. She's a bit of a tomboy, even more so than Rin.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    There isn't enough Ayahko love, so THIS is a good thing.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    You had me at "Lancer and Archer in a buddy cop movie."

Blog Entries
    Tohsaka, I just won the bet, Ayako thought happily as the blue haired Irishman approached, And I don’t care about what your creepy butler says about him either. He was dressed in black leather pants, but not the obnoxiously shiny ones that some of the posers liked to wear, and a white T-shirt that only seemed to accent sleekly, sculpted muscles. As always his long blue hair was tied back at the nape of his neck with a clasp that gleamed in a way that had to be real silver. She absently wanted to know what he’d look like with his hair unbound and the waist length strands floating around him. Would his hair be coarse or would it fill like silk between my fingers, she thought with heat rising in her cheeks as he waved boisterously at her.

She ran her fingers through her own hair before smiling back at him as he met her beside the noodle stand. She grinned and said, “You’re quick.”

“When it comes to getting something good, aye, I am,” Lancer said with a smile that flashed his overly long canines and made his crimson eyes gleam.

She giggled at that and said, “So, I hope you don’t expect me to himmm and haw and order a salad.”

“I’d gag if you did,” Lancer said as he extended his arm with a wide grin.

Her heart fluttered as she slid her arm into his and looked up at him. She replied, “And that’s why I like you.”

“Because I don’t want some simpering decoration,” Lancer said with a wink.

Ayako sighed and answered, “And you’re honest. God, I’m tired of people lying to me.” She shook her head with a sigh as they got into the line leading up to the stand.

A frown curved Lancer’s wide mouth and he asked, “What’s the matter, lass?”

“Like I get the feeling that everyone around me has some damned secret or something,” Ayako said before looking away. She gritted her teeth at the out burst and sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly.

A large, callused hand rested on her shoulder before gently turning her back to look into a surprisingly serious face. Eerie crimson eyes with their odd elliptical pupils met hers and Ayako swallowed as she looked up into Lancer’s handsome, angular face. He said in his low, lilting voice, “Ayako . . . bugger it. Let’s get something to eat and I want to show you something.”

“Look if this is some attempt to get me into bed . . .” Ayako said with a frown.

He laughed and said, “Oh no, lass. If I was going to get you into bed tonight I’d just throw you over my shoulder and take you.”

“What?” Ayako said as she glared up at him, “What the hell do you mean by that?”

Lancer winched and said, “Well, you’d probably try to rid me of my bits . . . But if I was going to bed you, I’d be forward about it. Not that I don’t want to bed you, because I do.”

“You weren’t lying about being forward about it,” Ayako said as she stared at him wide eyed with a blush, “I mean, this is our first date and we’re already talking about that.”

The blue tail spilled onto Lancer’s shoulder as he tilted his head said, “I’d earn that right anyway. Part of the fun is the chase.”

“I can see that,” Ayako replied as the heat in her cheeks increased even more.

Lancer chuckled, a low sound that was a bit wicked and made things below her waist clinch ever so slightly. It was a sound of promise and knowledge of things to do in the dark. Hushed whispers, gasps, questing fingers and all the stuff Ayako secretly read about in romance novels. Except she had no notion of swooning into Lancer’s brawny arms, and god they were brawny, but she’d prove herself as his equal and make him see it.

He said, “It is.” Then he winked, a lopsided smile gracing his face.

She chuckled and replied, “Somehow I’m not surprised.”

“What are you doing here, dog?” a low feminine voice said from behind that was like someone trailing a buck of ice over Ayako.

Automatically she stiffened and her arm that was cradled in Lancer’s tightened around it. Her breath caught as her heart began to race as stillness swept over her. Lancer frowned and turned his head before he bared his fangs in a silent growl at the intruder. Ayako kept looking firmly ahead until slim fingers traced along her free shoulder.

“Ayako, what are you doing with this mongrel?” the all too unwanted voice asked in her exotic accent.

The young archer swallowed as she turned her head to look at the woman who was all graceful curves and long, flowing lavender hair with a face that haunted Ayako’s nightmares. Ayako’s chest tightened as she felt the ghost of silken hair touching every inch of her body as chains were wrapped around her wrist, lifting her hands over her head. The lovely face behind it’s blindfold nuzzled the nape of Ayako’s neck before a smile spread across sultry lips while all the while an oddly familiar voice laughed.

“Ayako?” the foreign woman asked as she used her index finger to push her glasses up. Ayako swallowed as she looked up into lilac eyes with pupils that were not round. The urge to scream bellowed up and held on tight until the girl was all but trembling.

Ayako swallowed and said, “R-Rider.”

“I knew you would remember my name,” the woman said with a fetching smile, those queer eyes closing.

Ayako’s other hand was now gripping Lancer’s forearm, hoping Rider would take the hint. She said, “H-how could I forget?”

“The others did not remember, then again I knew you were special,” Rider said with a smile, “Eating well?”

Lancer snorted and said, “Bugger off, Rider.”

“Does Ayako know what sort of man you really are, Lancer?” Rider said with a wicked curve of her lips.

Ayako frowned and looked up at him. Lancer said, “That’s something I was going to explain, Lass . . .”

“What did you say to me the first time our . . . paths crossed, Lancer?” Rider said with a thoughtful tilt of her head as one long finger taped her lips. Her eyes lit up and she snapped her fingers as she looked at Ayako. “What’s a lovely lass like you doing with a sniveling little runt like him? Why don’t you ditch him and know what a real man’s like.”

Lancer swallowed and said, “Those weren’t my exact words.”

“I know, I was editing them due to the delicate company we’re keeping,” Rider said with a shrug.

Ayako glared at her “date” before pushing her arm free of his. He didn’t stumble as his face fell. He said, “Ayako lass . . .”

“God, that creepy guy that hangs out with Tohsaka was right. You are some shameless skirt chaser!” Ayako snapped before turning sharply on her heel and walking away from both of them. As she walked away she heard both Rider and Lancer’s heated voices, but she paid them no mind.

Heat prickled along her skin and up and down her spine as she walked away from the crowded market place. God, why does everyone keep lying to me? First Tohsaka, then Emiya . . . Now Lancer. I thought he was different.

Damn you Tohsaka. It’s not fair, you get to leave and go abroad while I’m stuck in this hell hole
    , Ayako thought as she headed to her home. Minori would probably be there reading the latest chapter of Black Lagoon and ready to show off Revy kicking ass. Her parents would come home late tonight from work without words for either of their siblings. Then tomorrow she would go back to school to an ungrateful archery club. Even though she had gotten acceptances to quite a few good schools she had no idea what she wanted to do.

All she knew was she didn’t want to get married for money and keep her head down to be a good housewife. She wanted to explore . . . And Tohsaka even arranged it to graduate early. Well, at least she doesn’t have a boyfriend yet, Ayako thought with a sigh.

I want to go with you.

Five simple words that stung on the very tip of Archer’s tongues like the thousand blades within him.

Rin was looking up at the dull green glow of the screen displaying the airport’s departures and estimated times of arrival. She was dressed in red and black as always, but the mini skirt was replaced with a more modest pencil skirt while her loafers were replaced with ankle boots. White skin was flushed ever so slightly with pink as aquamarine eyes reflected the sickly glow ahead while even white teeth worried a bottom lip. Rin lifted a finger as her eyes narrowed in concentration as she traced the path on the screen.

“In Hong Kong there’s a layover of about forty five minutes to get to the connecting flight to Moscow,” Archer said as he finished putting the last trunk on the conveyer belt.

Rin nodded and said, “I know. Then from Moscow there’s a connecting flight in Rome, then Paris and finally London.” A smile flashed across her features and she said, “It’s finally happening Archer, I’m going to the Clocktower.”

He nodded and said, “I know. Your father would have been proud.”

“Honestly, I don’t care what he would have thought. I will always practice magecraft, but I won’t be a magus like those idiots like my father and those morons at the Association who thought they had the right to put me on trial,” Rin said with a shake of her head.

Archer smiled and said, “Good. I don’t want them changing you.”

“Oh?” Rin said as her nervous smile tilted ever so slightly and her aquamarine eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

He shook his head and said, “I rather like my Ma . . .” He grimaced as the word “Master” readily left his lips even after all of this time. “I rather like you the way you are.”

“Yet you do nothing but tease me,” Rin said with a smile that softened her features.

He smirked and replied, “Someone needs to keep your head on straight.”

“Well, you’re the only one who can,” Rin replied with a smirk of her own.

Archer looked up at the clock and said, “It’s almost time for you to board.”

“I know,” Rin said before looking down. She looked back up and said, “Archer . . .”

His heart quickened as he looked down at this small girl who held so much power over him. As always a mixture of guilt and need warred within him as their eyes met. She was so young, but so aware. Tohsaka Rin was his lifeline and not for the first time he wondered what would have happen if he could have made something with her in his original life time. He wanted her, and he wanted her to want him.

They stood facing each other amidst the crowded thong, but it seemed it was just the two of them. “Damn it,” Rin said gnashing her teeth as she took a step closer to him. Their bodies were almost touching, her raven head resting right along his shoulders. She was so small, yet each movement spoke of confidence and power. It made him wonder what she’d look like in a few years when she developed into the strong woman he got glimpses of now and again.

“Rin,” he said as he reached out to stroke her long, raven hair. The strands felt like heavy silk against callused fingertips while the scent of tea and roses was intoxicating. Rin looked up at him before shaking her head.

She folded her arms under her breasts and said, “Archer, take care, and take care of my city.”

“I’ll miss you,” Archer said, the words tripping out in a rush.

She smiled and said, “I’ll miss you too . . . Shirou.”

“Shirou?” Archer said, the name long since dead to him felt odd against his tongue and lips. He hadn’t thought of himself of Emiya Shirou in ages, yet Rin was calling him that name. Warmth pooled through him at Rin being so forward to him.

She nodded and said, “The others might not see it as easily as I do, but . . .”

“I want to go with you, Rin,” Archer said, the words finally escaping him.

An announcement blared over the intercom announcing Last Call for Rin’s flight. She grimaced and said, “Damn it. Archer . . . .”

“You need to go,” Archer said with a sigh.

Aquamarine eyes narrowed at him as Rin snapped, “You’re a damned idiot. Once you get your head out of your ass, you know where I’ll be at.” With that she turned away from him to run and catch her flight. Archer sighed, shook his head and looked up.

“Stupid low luck rating,” he grumbled as he watched Rin vanish from view into the crowds.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *chuckle* If Ayako only knew who the "creepy guy" was . . .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Did Rider suddenly morph into Gil for a minute there?

Anyway, good chapter. I like how Rider blew apart Lancer's chances with Ayako (presumably for her own gain), and I liked the bit with Rin and Archer, too.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    You'd think Ayako would know that Rider has her own motives for stopping her dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    . I like how Rider blew apart Lancer's chances with Ayako.
    Hahahaha I doubt it. Willing to bet there will be romantic hilarity coming soon.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

夜属 Nightkin
    “Stupid low luck rating,” he grumbled as he watched Rin vanish from view into the crowds.
    THIS.

THIS.

Loving this whole thing. You write Archer amazingly! Makes my writing for him seem bland and two dimensional.
    My contributions to the fanfiction melting pot:
    (not so) Shallow Shirou
    Shattered Heaven
    Shatteraxia - currently up to Part 18

The perils of being distracted by your coworker at the critical moment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Did Rider suddenly morph into Gil for a minute there?
    Rofl, exactly. I thought Gil was the one who was interrupting them when I heard "mongrel."

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RIDER!!! RAWWWWWRRRR!!! DAMN YOU, RIDER!!! MY OTP!!! [Bangs head against a desk repeatedly.]

Also, nice comment about the luck rating. Ha ha.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    RIDER!!! RAWWWWWRRRR!!! DAMN YOU, RIDER!!! MY OTP!!! [Bangs head against a desk repeatedly.]

Also, nice comment about the luck rating. Ha ha.
    I wouldn't worry 'tis a bump in the road for the two. Maybe the young maiden shall tame the hound. Rider/Ayako however, shall remain eternally unrequited. *tear*