Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1225

Thread: The Hound and the Blacksmith

Blog Entries
    I'd love to read/see Ayako and Lancer doing a MST3k on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_(1966_film)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    I'm just waiting for Ayako's modern sensibilities to start TRAUMATIZING HIM.

I mean 4chan was bad enough. What else can she do? ^_^
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I'm just waiting for Ayako's modern sensibilities to start TRAUMATIZING HIM.

I mean 4chan was bad enough. What else can she do? ^_^
    Romance novels.

Remember, she reads them and has let Rin borrow a few.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, I imagine Lancer could be pretty annoying to watch Live Action movies with. After all, Cu Chulainn can kick practically anyone's ass if he goes all out. Certainly aren't many actors or characters who even look like they can fight Lancer. Watch one really badass scene and he'd go, "Meh, I can do better." Or maybe, "Not bad for a mortal."

Forcing him to watch romance movies could be funny. Especially Twilight. I imagine him watching the movie and listing the many, many ways he could slaughter the entire cast in amusing, bloody ways.

....Movie night, EMIYA and Lancer watch the Rush Hour series. And maybe some other Jackie Chan movies. I'd be immensely amused by Lancer feeling he has to one up Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, or Jet Li. Possibly on a bet.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but Lancer doesn't like to brag. I think he'd still be able to enjoy action movies.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's Gil that likes to brag and boast all the time. Oh, and talking about drinking tears. =P
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Yeah, but Lancer doesn't like to brag. I think he'd still be able to enjoy action movies.
    I don't mean he'd go, "Feh, that's nothing, listen to what I've done!" But have you ever watched a badass action movie with a group, and had that one guy who is completely unimpressed and brings the mood down? Even if Lancer doesn't go that far, I still feel like the presence of a Badass in the room would diminish some of the impact of a film and keep people from getting carried away.

It ain't a matter of him being able to enjoy action movies, it's what effect he'd have on everyone else.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    I don't mean he'd go, "Feh, that's nothing, listen to what I've done!" But have you ever watched a badass action movie with a group, and had that one guy who is completely unimpressed and brings the mood down? Even if Lancer doesn't go that far, I still feel like the presence of a Badass in the room would diminish some of the impact of a film and keep people from getting carried away.

It ain't a matter of him being able to enjoy action movies, it's what effect he'd have on everyone else.
    I don't know, I think he'd be fairly impressed with Jhon Mclain. Battle continuation, and all.

I could see him going "Not bad, not bad at all". At... any die hard movie, really.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith View Post
    I don't know, I think he'd be fairly impressed with Jhon Mclain. Battle continuation, and all.

I could see him going "Not bad, not bad at all". At... any die hard movie, really.
    This I agree with. But you've just illustrated my point. Where most people would watch the movie and go, "HOLY SHIT THAT IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!" Lancer is going, "Not bad, not bad." Something of a mood killer.

....Actually, a room full of Heroic Spirits MSTing action flicks could be pretty funny in its own right. I can totally see Gilgamesh rooting for the Corrupt Corporate Executive trying to take over the world. He doesn't deserve it, the world clearly belongs to Gilgamesh, but the villain is better than the hero sometimes. While the Saber and Lancer cheer for the straight-up hero, and EMIYA pulls for the sneaky, clever protagonists that do the right thing in spite of difficulty.

Also, EMIYA having a hidden affection for 'Save the girl' plots.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    But have you ever watched a badass action movie with a group, and had that one guy who is completely unimpressed and brings the mood down?
    No. :V But I don't think Lancer would be that guy. I see his commentary being more along the lines of "not bad," or "pretty good for a modern man." Not "meh, I can do better," etc. After all, he gives Shirou some props when he mans up and tries to fight him off on the night of Fate.

Blog Entries
    ....Actually, a room full of Heroic Spirits MSTing action flicks could be pretty funny in its own right.
    Yes.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    No. :V But I don't think Lancer would be that guy. I see his commentary being more along the lines of "not bad," or "pretty good for a modern man." Not "meh, I can do better," etc. After all, he gives Shirou some props when he mans up and tries to fight him off on the night of Fate.
    Mentioned this in my last post, but I agree with those sentiments. The thing is, "Not bad," or, "Pretty good for the era" when everyone else is going "HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME" tends to bring to mood down.

And that's assuming he likes the heroes. If he got irritated with the protagonists I can see him being more unpleasant. Or maybe I'm just projecting myself, because I tend to nitpick when I find something that is inconsistent or annoying to me personally. I seem to be the lone ranger on this opinion anyway.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Tbh, when I mentioned Clint Eastwood movies I wasn't thinking about the action scenes. I was thinking about Clint himself. Also, usually when I watch a movie with others it's in a cinema, and most commentary is "oooh," so I can't really imagine what it's like to watch a movie with a "that guy." I prefer to watch stuff alone >_>

Blog Entries
    Ahhh....alright, I see where you're coming from.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Movie nights suck. If I'm gonna hang out with someone I'd rather actually do something, rather than sit on a couch and watch a movie. And yeah, I feel like Cu would like Clint's "style," yaddamean?

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    ....Actually, a room full of Heroic Spirits MSTing action flicks could be pretty funny in its own right.
    I agree. Hell, I think this is a Carnival Phantasm sketch which never came to pass - take the entire cast of FSN and put them in a movie theater. The comedy practically writes itself.

Kotomine starts breaking out into laughter at the moments when everyone else is crying, embarassing Karen immensely.

Saber and Shirou are getting worked up over the heroics, while Archer snarks "That's totally stupid. If the bad guy knew anything, he'd have-" and proceeds to go through the setup of the film like a Player Character. The couple in front of him get mad.

Gilgamesh making potshots at the film's budget, complaining about how the film cost so much to make and that he could do SO much better. (Ooh! Gil pursuing a career as a spoiled starlet! There's a sketch in its own right!)

As for this: I'm loving the buddy-cop duo between lancer and Archer as well. I'd be disappointed if the two actually watched a buddy cop movie like Rush Hour - it'd get a little too meta for my tastes, but that's me.

Also: I want to see the showdown with Eloise and Our Heroes. She gets what she wants to attract in the end, like a blood-drinking practitioner of The Law of Attraction ... how will our heroes cope?

Blog Entries
    Movie nights suck. If I'm gonna hang out with someone I'd rather actually do something, rather than sit on a couch and watch a movie. And yeah, I feel like Cu would like Clint's "style," yaddamean?
    Okay, I admit, I can definitely see Lancer giving his approval over the Hero/Villain trash talks and boasts. "Do you feel lucky" is definitely a line I can see Cu enjoying. Assuming he hasn't gone native to the point where he automatically counts bullets in a clip.

Still a good line, I admit.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend View Post
    I agree. Hell, I think this is a Carnival Phantasm sketch which never came to pass - take the entire cast of FSN and put them in a movie theater. The comedy practically writes itself.

Kotomine starts breaking out into laughter at the moments when everyone else is crying, embarassing Karen immensely.

Saber and Shirou are getting worked up over the heroics, while Archer snarks "That's totally stupid. If the bad guy knew anything, he'd have-" and proceeds to go through the setup of the film like a Player Character. The couple in front of him get mad.

Gilgamesh making potshots at the film's budget, complaining about how the film cost so much to make and that he could do SO much better. (Ooh! Gil pursuing a career as a spoiled starlet! There's a sketch in its own right!)
    While I agree with everything you've said thus far, I must give extra-credit for Gilgamesh as a spoiled starlet. I can totally see him trying to make multi-film epic of his exploits, funding it with his own money, and being the director and star of the film.

And recruiting EMIYA for Enkidu, because only the best is worthy of his departed friend and Archer's the closest Gil's got. So EMIYA better get Enkidu right!

As for this: I'm loving the buddy-cop duo between lancer and Archer as well. I'd be disappointed if the two actually watched a buddy cop movie like Rush Hour - it'd get a little too meta for my tastes, but that's me.
    Eh, we're already comparing Archer to Batman. But point taken.

Also: I want to see the showdown with Eloise and Our Heroes. She gets what she wants to attract in the end, like a blood-drinking practitioner of The Law of Attraction ... how will our heroes cope?
    Probably with snark, banter, and violence. Like a proper action movie!

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Lancer would probably like a lot of 80s movies. Stuff like "Predator", "Aliens", and probably laugh his ass off once he sees the Lethal Weapon movies. (Fuck you Rush Hour, Lethal Weapon was doing Buddy Cop better than you before you.)

You know, I never put that much thought into what movies EMIYA himself would like. Honestly, considering how bent the man is, he probably likes movies were women are kicking copious amounts of ass, but does not find Angelina Jolie that attractive. And maybe enjoying the Christopher Nolan Batman series, because he can sympathize.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend View Post
    I actually have something awesome in mind planned for that. And it is awesome. Also hint the "Greater Mysteries" thing will come into play.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    I demand a Bruce Campbell x lancer monster fic. With hijinx.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

WHat would they think about the serious Jackie Chan movie? Most of his earlier works in Hong Kong are rather grim. (Police Story was my favorite)