Page 359 of 363 FirstFirst ... 259309349354357358359360361 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 7255

Thread: Onigokko

._.

:\

Late and with more rust than a scrapyard after a hurricane but posto?

On a completely different note Adelle + rain + lots of movement equals...

I swear your honor I wasn't distracted I was diligently observing everything about the fight in the hopes of realizing an opportunity!

Blog Entries
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    By the way, now that the cats outta the bag on regalia, an interesting tidbit on manny, is I wanted to create an actual person like murderer. Someone who was charismatic, funny, even somewhat kind...who also, really, really got off on killing folks.

you guys are lucky he didn’t run into any little girls. I dunno if I could have resisted having him start calling one “button”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    So after a bit of thought, I've decided to change up how a few things work in Oni (as far as mechanics are concerned).

First of all, I'm adjusting the scale on stats. This is only a minor change though. The rating for "average human" will still be considered 10; however, "low-end servant" has been dialed back to 28. Again, small, but significant if you can pull it off.

Continuing on, I'm changing how a couple of the various mechanics work.

Disengaging/Fleeing
    Running away from battle will no longer be decided solely on your stats. It will be determined by a saving throw with an increased chance of success if you have equal or higher stats. Additionally, this is not exclusive to AGI anymore. EVA can now also be used to make a break for it immediately after a dodge or such.

Berserking (Feeding Sanity into Will)
    Remains largely the same. The difference being it is now possible to gain stats without entering a state of insanity. This works on a +1/-1 to offense and defense (up to +5/-5) based on the amount of Sanity spent. To elaborate, if you dump 5 Will into Sanity (at once), you will gain +5 STR, MAG, and AGI. However, you will see a -5 to DEF, M.DEF, and EVA.

Sneak Attacks
    Remain largely the same. The difference being that a successful sneak attack will half an enemy's EVA for damage calculation. That being said, the EVA reduction does not occur for targets using a Prepped Counter.

Executions/Visceral Kills
    After a crippling wound has been inflicted with a precision strike or otherwise, it is possible to target that wound with a subsequent precision attack. If this attack lands, it will take advantage of the injury and immediately finish that target.

Clarity
    Somewhat of a new mechanic that I think will add to the game. In battle, if you spend your turn hanging back and observing (that is not attacking, prepping a move, or otherwise), you can gain 1 SAN on the spot. Furthermore, this maneuver works with actions like Recon and sneaking.

Total Clarity
    Basically the "clarity" you've all come to know. Occurs when someone hits 25 SAN. Makes nearly any action you do successful for a single turn and provides significant modifiers. However, SAN will return to its base value once the turn is over.

Pair-Up and Switch
    If you're fighting alongside a teammate or ally, it is possible to be treated as one unit. To elaborate, say an enemy attacks you. The person with the higher EVA will step in to take care of the evasive maneuvers using their stats. Likewise, if the decision is to tank, the person with the higher DEF steps forward to take the hit. And so on. Your attacks however are treated separately. And you must remain within immediate proximity of your friend for any of this to work.

Fighting Spirit
    If you have 15 or more Will when an attack would result in your HP hitting 0/death, you may survive with 1 HP. Will is reduced by 2 with each proc.

And that's all. Lemme know if you guys have any questions. Updates will resume shortly.

How does pair up and switch interact with reckless defender?

text - [If Yuuta's AGI is greater than or equal to the AGI of an enemy attacking an ally, Yuuta can intercept the attack and take the damage in place of the teammate. Can be used in conjunction with a Prepped Counter.]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vritra View Post
    How does pair up and switch interact with reckless defender?

text - [If Yuuta's AGI is greater than or equal to the AGI of an enemy attacking an ally, Yuuta can intercept the attack and take the damage in place of the teammate. Can be used in conjunction with a Prepped Counter.]
    Its simple, Vri. It makes Yuuta even more godly.

Basically, Pair-Up means you have to be right next to someone for it to even be considered. Like back-to-back close. But Yuuta's Reckless Defender means he could be a hop skip and a step away. He's just that good.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    A question as a possible host, assuming that I might be able to GM a match between two sides: In what sort of state would the characters be going into battle? Is that to be decided on a case-by-case basis? The same question applies to their Sanity.

Also, what monsters are allowed?

I do have a lot of free time, so if anyone needs a host who can start virtually immediately, I can GM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Oh coolieo that's useful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaM View Post
    A question as a possible host, assuming that I might be able to GM a match between two sides: In what sort of state would the characters be going into battle? Is that to be decided on a case-by-case basis? The same question applies to their Sanity.

Also, what monsters are allowed?

I do have a lot of free time, so if anyone needs a host who can start virtually immediately, I can GM.
    If you're GMing an event, its for you to decide. After all, it's a situation you're presenting to the players. Same pretty much goes for what monsters you wanna use. You're more than welcome to use anything I've presented or bring something new to the table.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    "Real or imaginary, it doesn't matter. Even if in a dream, if a monster is there, the only thing to do is slaughter it."

"Let's start with you. Consider this payback for giving 'me' a hard time back then."

"As I am now, you're only fit to be my warmup."

Sakaki Shin Challenges Mephist

"..."

"Oh, are some of you students still alive? Join in if you'd like. It doesn't matter either way."

Blog Entries
    An Ominous Shadow Approaches

One Star Battle

Mephist

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    posting to reassure bloble that yes, i'm in

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Post Third Party Arena Shop: 3 Items in Stock

Okay, I'm not sure what people will be up for, I decided to make three options to pick from with various different gimmicks. People can pick which ones they want to do, and I'll host each in succession.

I don't know whether two arenas can be held at once, but I figure that I might as well post this in order to gauge interest:

Shifting Sands

Shifting Sands — 4 to 7 Participants
    Something's gone nightmarishly wrong. You're still in a school building but it's not the right one. It's dilapidated and empty, and there's a pervasive sense of wrongness here. And Justin… he was just killed! What in the hell is happening?!

The Rules:
    An alternate take on the events that took place at the schoolhouse at the beginning of the game. Will Lianru be alerted and see that someone manages to wake Yumiko up? Will Yumiko even be there in the first place? If she is there, will the idiot who saves her die in her place? Will Haruka still go berserk? Will the steaks you cut from the Mokku's flank be delicious? Well, that's really up to anyone who decides to try this game out.

Characters only have what they had on them at the beginning of the game when it started back in 2012, but at least you have have 20 Sanity.

Applicants:

Of Beasts and Betrayal

Of Beasts and Betrayal — 5
    to 10 Participants
    The thing before you may be the most lethal creature you've encountered so far since you first arrived in the Dark World. You don't even know how to describe this abomination, but what you do know is that if you don't figure something out fast, you won't live to see another perceived hour.

The Rules:
    Seems like a straight-up battle with an fiendish Dark World Entity. It's very powerful, but so will you be. You will also be assigned Sanity values based on the results of several rolls of five d6s. Who gets which value will be randomized. Furthermore, your Sanity values may not be revealed. Not a good situation, but at least you know what to attack.

There's just one problem: One of you, chosen at random with the others, will have a Sanity score of 0, and have a significant boost in power. You could turn on your allies at any time. Or maybe you'll help your supposed allies anyway, but who's to say that you won't turn on them the second the first threat is dead?

Whether it's three teams or two, only one will remain standing by the end.

Escaping from the creature is an alternative route to (possible) victory, but do you really want to? After all, this grotesque hellspawn came all the way here, crawled out of a pit of fire, just to
    butcher
    meet
    you. It's your guest if you will.

Applicants:

The Hollow Grave

The Hollow Grave — 3 to 6 Participants
    You don't know how long you spent in those tunnels. It was pitch black, and you're missing two of your original number. Unfortunately, you've not found an exit; you're just in some sort of underground shelter with a few creature comforts scattered about, dilapidated, like everything else in this awful place. Someone lived here, but they're nowhere to be found. And the fact that you're still in a hole of some sort isn't exactly reassuring with your immediate predicament.

Your cursory glance around the room has revealed nothing and your only exit—so far as you can tell—is back the way you came. However, you'd prefer not to go back and attempt to fight through that horde of cadavers. If only you could lock that door, but the slot for the deadbolt has been torn out of the wall. The door can't even be closed, much less locked.

You don't know how long you have, but waiting around to find out isn't an option. You need to find a way to get above ground, or this shelter will be your tomb.

Seek A Way Out

The Rules:
    An escape the room sequence in the vein of Zero Escape, you've just escaped a shambling horde of cadavers, who are very, very slowly catching up to you. Fortunately, there were apparently several routes through those tunnels, and the creatures aren't chasing you so much as they're moving in your general direction. But there are a lot of them, and some will inevitably find their way to your current location. As for where that is, it seems to be some sort of underground shelter, but whoever holed up inside of it isn't here anymore. You haven't explored the whole bunker, although you can tell there can't be much more than three or four other rooms in here.

No one starts with any equipment. Everything you'll need in this scenario can be found in this godforsaken bunker.

All players start out with 25 Sanity, but that will steadily decrease the longer you're trapped. How much
    will
    can
    you trust one another?

And of course, there's no lock on the tunnel doors, so after a certain point, you'll have to deal with between one and three cadavers staggering inside every few rounds. Other hazards may be revealed in-game as well.

Will you escape? Will the horde gradually overwhelm you?

…Or will you just turn on one another?

Applicants:

Last edited by Draconic; January 14th, 2020 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Same people probably aren't still up for it...
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I'm down for Beasts and Betrayal and/or Hollow Grave.

I want to play hollow grave.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You just want to redeem Masahiro in some fashion, don't you? At least he might succeed here. That said, I might be more merciful than Sei, but as long as I've got my Keeper persona on, I may be attempting to kill you all at any given moment. I only wish I could have a crazed axe murderer burst though a wall after someone gets left alone.*

Who'll you be playing as, Sei? Haruka?

*[The first time I played Mansions of Madness, one of my friends got left behind in a literal hole in the ground, and as per the rules, an axe murderer was actually required to burst out of the wall, so one just burst out of the side of the hole. No one knows where it came from. There wasn't even a tunnel behind him! So, in theory, I could still do this. But I won't. I have another idea that's both more believable, and infinitely meaner. ]

I should probably start coming up with puzzles.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Manny, so underpowered. Doesnt know any magic and a gun n00b.

please pity him

also, watch as I take first point on a new trail! many people have self removed willpower for story purposes, but I have now removed equipment for no reason beyond character building! suck it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My god, Manny is terrifying. You're really good, Tobias. I pity the next of your classmates that finds you. Whether you kill them, or they kill you. If it's the second, I kind of hope that it's one of the people who's got something of a conscience. Not many of those left though…

interested in joining any of my arena games? Manny would be fantastic in any of them.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.