Page 1 of 363 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Onigokko

Blog Entries

Onigokko

How sad it is that you have fallen this far...
    The light cannot reach here.
    The darkness will drown you.
    Sorrow will be the ever-present shadow.
    Madness will be the only escape.
    For you who have fallen this far,
    not even the promise of death can save you.

Premise

What You Need to Know
    You are a member of the recently founded Homurahara Occult & Horror Club. As a group, you all have dedicated your time to the study and appreciation of the supernatural. Whether it was out of pure curiosity or genuine interest, you've found yourself a place you enjoy spending your time for one reason or another. After all, it's nothing but harmless fun. However, when the club president calls for an after-school horror-fest, something in the air leaves you unsettled. For the rest of the night, you can't help but feel unnerved in expectation that something is about to go horribly wrong...

Suddenly, the president suggests telling horror stories. When her turn comes, she reveals a tattered book. Wasting no time, she opens it and says, "So have you heard about it? The Legend of the Seven Warriors from Hell?"

Your Goal
    Once the game starts, events will develop fast. Your main goal is to keep up and survive. A path will be placed before you, but it may not necessarily be the right one. Your characters will constantly be put to the test both mentally and physically as they struggle against themselves and others. You are to balance this struggle and find the most effective way to make it out in the end.

Specifics

Players are to submit a character profile either through PM or by posting it in the thread. I will then review it and assign bonuses and modifiers according to abilities, alignment, history, and character type. Please bear in mind that powerful characters are allowed, but OP characters are not. This means no MEoDP or Reality Marbles (without proper justification).

Character Info
    Spoiler:
    Name: Pretty self-explanatory. Your character's name is what they will go by. If they have nicknames, you might want to include them.

Age (Optional): How old your character is. May affect certain bonuses. If no age is given, it will just be assumed that your character is an appropriately aged student.

Alignment: Whether your character is Good, Evil, or Neutral. Will have a major effect on game flow and the options available to your character.

Character Type: This tells if your character is a Human, Magus, or Demon Hybrid. Humans are the weakest, but will be targeted less. Magi are allotted higher magical stats and Will, but will be targeted the most. Demon Hybrids are allotted higher physical stats and sanity, but also run a higher chance of going insane. Bonuses will be given upon approval.

Brief History: Provide us with a brief history of your character. Feel free to draw references to canon characters and events.

Abilities: This is what all your character can do. This can range from broad skills to very precise ones.

Dark Secret: Every man has a secret. Let me know what your character is hiding. Can be mild or really dark. Just know your choice will haunt your character.

Stats
    & Alignment
    Spoiler:
    Stats
    You have 80 points to distribute amongst your stats. This will determine your character's performance in the challenges to come.

Strength: A measure of how strong your character is physically. If you want them to pack a good punch, this is your stat.

Defense: This stat determines the kind of physical beating your character can take. If you want to plow through everything, I advise you not overlook this.

Magic: This shows how good your character is at wielding magical energy. For the more tactical player, this may prove more useful than strength.

M. Defense: You may not the most resilient, but if there’s one thing you can do it’s withstand magic. The only question now is which defense should take priority…

Agility: Whether it’s moving in to strike or running away from danger, this value is a testament to just how fast your character is. Just make sure not all your strength goes to your legs.

Evasion: You may not be able to get away, but at the very least you can always dodge. No matter how fast the enemy is, if you can avoid them, you can live that much longer.

Will: An oh so important factor in survival: the will to live on. Should it run high, you may tap into a hidden strength. But should it run low, you may find that death is closer than you think.

Sanity: The balance between serenity and madness. Perhaps not the most important thing given the situation…But then again, if one is not able to keep a level head…madness is sure to follow

Alignment
    Alignment is the measure of one’s moral standings. In game, a person’s alignment affects how they accumulate Karma and how their will and sanity are affected by certain events.

Good: Increases the rate at which you accumulate Good Karma. Boasts the ability to protect others and survive as a team. Improves team’s will to press onward.

Neutral: Can choose from both good and evil Karma skills. Boasts the power of flexibility. Individuals can better maintain their will and sanity.

Evil: Increases the rate at which you accumulate Evil Karma. Boasts the ability to eliminate obstacles and survive on your own. Power greatly increased when losing one’s sanity.

>Onigokko Assorted Mechanics

I will start the IC thread once we have enough approved characters to start. Through that I'll guide you through the brief introduction, until I take on a more "Director" role in which your only guide will be cryptic clues built into the RP, the NPCs, and yourself. Certain gameplay elements will be explained when necessary.

Other than that, if you have any questions, just ask here. :P

Credits
    Original Concept- Revy
    Special Thanks To- Chaos Greyblood, LeopardBear, Verg Avesta, and Llednaroth

Signed-Up Players
    1. Hero
    2. I3uster
    3. Verg Avesta
    4. Mereo Flere
    5. RacingeR
    6. Bloble
    7. Mellon
    8. Drakon136
    9. Airen
    10. MssrNeko
    11. Yun
    11. Lianru
    11. ChaosGreyblood
    12. ItsaRandomUsername
    13. Optimus
    14. Satehi
    15. Blackdeath6031
    16. LeopardBear
    17. Llednaroth
    18. zlol365
    19. Tobias
    20. Frantic Author
    21. Knight Turtle
    22. Vritra
    23. Brynhilde
    24. Alf

Temporary Bestiary
    Spoiler:
    Moukuu
    Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed
    HP (100), STR (40), DEF (15), M.DEF (10), AGI (20), EVA (15)

Ravage
    When the Moukuu deals 20 or more damage in a single turn, it deals an additional 10 by continuing to tear at the target's defense.

Large Body
    When fighting in a small space, AGI and EVA reduced by 5 due to having a large body. However, because the space available to prey becomes limited, opponent's AGI and EVA reduced by 3.

All of the Moukuu's special abilities have been revealed.

Cadaver
    HP (40), STR (5), DEF (3), M.DEF (0), AGI (5), EVA (3)

Faux
    Because of their poor stamina and abilities, Cadavers favor deception in their hunting. When the Cadaver is certain that their target is within a favorable range, they will utilize the full range of their abilities in order to finish the prey quickly. All stats plus 15 when fighting at close-range for 1 turn. Stats return to normal the following turn and cannot be increased again for another 5 turns.

Exclusion of Three Evils
    Cadavers are incapable of seeing, hearing, or speaking. They are purely primal creatures which operate only on there three remaining senses. But as a side effect, Cadavers cannot be blinded, silenced, confused, or stunned by any ability which affects sight and hearing.

Coordinate
    Cadavers act as a unit and will focus on one target at a time.

All of the Cadaver's special abilities have been revealed.

Stalker
    ATK (10), DEF(5), AGI (10), EVA (3)

Enrage
    When the Stalker is attacked by someone other than the one who has drawn it's focus, the Stalker becomes enraged. STR and AGI increased by 15 but DEF and EVA are reduced to 0. The Stalker will continue to attack whoever attacked it until one of them dies.

Beezlebub
    HP (70), ATK (35), DEF (8), AGI (20), EVA (17)

Burrow: Beelzebub possesses the ability to dig through almost any surface to travel, retreat, or attack its prey.

Corpse Possessing Swarm: Beelzebub has the ability to produce a swarm of flies from its abdomen which can possess and control corpses.

Devil Thread: Once per turn, the Beelzebub can spray its target with a strong thread which reduces AGI and EVA. The thread can be broken through a single or combined effort of 15 STR.

Poisonous Puss: When hit, the Beelzebub releases a acidic puss which deals damage to the attacker equal to 1/4 of the damage taken (rounded to nearest whole).

Flight: Possessing a miserable pair of wings itself, the Beelzebub is capable of flight.

All of the Beelzebub's abilities have been revealed.

Ghoul
    HP (15), ATK (15), DEF (5), AGI (8), EVA (5)

Lunge: The ghoul makes a desperate attempt to catch its enemy. AGI +7 during attack. Can't act next turn.

All of the Ghoul's abilities have been revealed.

Mephist
    ATK (50), AGI (25), EVA (25), MAG (35), M.DEF (15)

Shadow Flame: Mephist is capable of creating powerful black flames which it can manipulate into projectiles to attack its enemies. Cost 25 MP. Spell speed = 25.

Large Body: When fighting in a small space, AGI and EVA reduced by 5 due to having a large body. However, because the space available to prey becomes limited, opponent's AGI and EVA reduced by 3.

Close Combat: When engaging a target in close-quarters combat, enemy's EVA and DEF are reduced by 5.

Destroyer: Ignores special defenses.

Taunting Mercy: One per turn, when attacking an opponent, ATK stat can be reduced by half during damage calculation. The target's Will is then reduced by 1. During the same turn this is done, Mephist can attack again.

All of Mephist's abilities have been revealed.

>NPC Information

Wiki page

http://onigokko.wikia.com/wiki/Onigokko_Wiki
    Last edited by Sei; April 10th, 2013 at 04:41 PM.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Quite tempting.

I have one last final this wednesday, so I probably cannot make my decision yet.

If I may ask... How much players are you looking for, as a maximum, I mean? And what's the minimum level of activity you expect from them (one post every three days; one post a week)?
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HOLY FUCK RESERVING A SLOT SO HARD
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I think I'll also reserve a slot. Premise sounds very tempting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    If I may ask... How much players are you looking for, as a maximum, I mean? And what's the minimum level of activity you expect from them (one post every three days; one post a week)?
    At least 7 and no more than 15, I guess. Not expecting a ridiculous amount of players, but I've already figured out how to work with it.

As for activity, at least once a week (without notice) is fair. Life and all. :P

Sounds good.

In case people enter like a tornado to reserve a slots, save me one while I think about it, please.

PD: Nice art.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Sign me up, I guess.

Any sort of guidelines for stats, mainly physical ones?

As in, how many points in speed would I need to be professional runner level or how many points in STR would allow me to throw supernatural punches?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am reserving a slot.

Also, I am wondering... does the Magic stat serve a purpose for someone that is an Human or a Demon Hybrid and so on?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Any sort of guidelines for stats, mainly physical ones?

As in, how many points in speed would I need to be professional runner level or how many points in STR would allow me to throw supernatural punches?
    Well you have 80 points and there are 8 fields. So 10 would be average. But really, the stats you submit or more of a "base", if that makes any sense. Superhuman stats will moreso be determined by me, based on how I see your character being set up.

For example, say you put 15 into agility. That would be close to track athlete level when compared to the average. Then I'd add on additional points based on your characters background and specialty. So if someone like Shiki had 15, I'd bump it up closer to 25 because of his bloodline and training.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Also, I am wondering... does the Magic stat serve a purpose for someone that is an Human or a Demon Hybrid and so on?
    They do. Skills such as ESP or Akiha's Origami would use the Magic stat instead of strength.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I am reserving a slot, because what the heck I can be in as many RPs as I want to.

But... can we see a sample character sheet, just as an example of what kind of character we can make?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    But... can we see a sample character sheet, just as an example of what kind of character we can make?
    Sure. Just give me a sec.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm...

How are spells and demonic abilities decided?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Intriguing.

I'll make a definitive choice depending on how well my midterms go.

Blog Entries
    Thinking about joining.
    ...kind of want to be a human with a heavy book-bag, swinging it around like a mace and smashing heads in. XP
    I'm odd. I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Don't forget to line it with steel plates and other hard/pointy objects for maximum effect! xD

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Thinking about joining.
    ...kind of want to be a human with a heavy book-bag, swinging it around like a mace and smashing heads in. XP
    I'm odd. I know.
    Calling it now. Lyco joins as an energetic schoolgirl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB-L View Post
    Don't forget to line it with steel plates and other hard/pointy objects for maximum effect! xD
    A good number of math or history textbooks work just as well. XP

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Calling it now. Lyco joins as an energetic schoolgirl.
    nope.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm min-maxing the shit out of this.
    Which means I will play an innocent virgin schoolgirl with unrequited looooove.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    A good number of math or history textbooks work just as well. XP
    Nothing has trumped the gargantuan weight, bulk, and toughness of my Organic Chemistry Textbook.

Next thing we know, your character has monstrous strength from carrying metric tons in a backpack. D: