View Poll Results: Which Saber would be best for Shirou?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arturia (Original waifu--ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES)

15 26.79%
  • Nero (She's basically the love-child of Iskandar and Saber)

15 26.79%
  • Mordred (Because daddy issues)

20 35.71%
  • Attila (Just to be completly hipster)

5 8.93%
  • Siegfried (Screw the women, this boy needs a MANLY MAN)

16 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Son of the Great

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    You do know that there are people who ship Rin x Sakura, right?
    Yeah, I know other people do, but I'm pretty sure Agailius doesn't.

I was confused, obviously, since if that was his favorite pairing, he was writing something he apparently didn't enjoy.
    Yeah, I wasn't questioning your initial confusion, I was pointing out how he likely made the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't questioning your initial confusion, I was pointing out how he likely made the mistake.
    Which I did. I didn't mean for Rin's name to pop up--I wan't really thinking while I was typing, and that's what happened.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Tiger Dojo X! NUMBAH UANU!

The Tiger Dojo. A mythic haven where would-be protagonists who have stupidly lost their lives are revived, ruthlessly criticized of the foolish choices leading to their deaths, given helpful advice as to how to avoid said demise, then spat back into whatever dimension they came from via an unseen gate which warped them through time and space back to the point where they'd need to change their destiny.

But today, no particular hero was to be mocked for their out-of-character, fatal mistakes. It was rather the blunderings of a certain author which would be painfully pointed out today. Three individuals stood amidst the empty dojo: a young, brunette-haired woman in her early twenties wearing a white-topped, blue-bottomed kendogi, a uniform commonly used by kendo practitioners; a smaller, white-haired girl seemingly around twelve years old wearing a PE uniform, including a white shirt and the bloomers so infamously endorsed by the Japanese culture; and a black-haired man in his late twenties, wearing an all-black karategi--a uniform used by practitioners of karate.

"Hello!" The brunette woman loudly declared with a chipper tone as she waved her hand in the air towards those sitting in front of the computer screen, "Is everyone doing fine? This is the super famous assistance corner that solves all your problems in a flash--the Tiger Dojo~! Now, I know you all are wondering: 'Why the heck something as ridiculous as this is in the middle of a story as dramatic as this one? It kills the mood!'

"To answer that, step forward, senior student!" Taiga said in an authoritative tone.

The white-haired girl stepped forward with enthusiasm, replying, "Osu! This dojo is the backstage that always saves the dull and stupid hero. It can be said that this is the central foundation that supports the story itself! It would not be an exaggeration to call this the main storyline of Son of the Great!"

"...At least, that's what we'd usually say." Waver said in a dry tone, a bored look on his face as he held a cigar in his mouth, his arms crossed. "Today is actually something differ--GAHAGH!"

He was cut short of his explanation as Taiga angrily whacked him to the back of his neck with her shiai, sending the man falling to the ground. "Rule number one of the Tiger Dojo! You do not speak out of term! And! Rule number seven of the Tiger Dojo! You do not smoke, drink, or eat inside the Dojo--it's a bad influence on the younger people!"

"Are you trying to kill me...?" Waver groaned as he got up, rubbing his neck. "Besides, it's not like anyone would be influenced by me--I've been around here since we were training under Iri-sensei, and you three insist on giving me the short end of the stick whenever we do this sort of lecture! It's not like I have a star pupil of my own, secretly admiring me."

In the back of the dojo, the super-deformed figure of Tohsaka Rin glanced lazily in their direction, a cigarette in her mouth, then walked away.

"If you still can't get these simple instructions right, you'll never rise through the ranks, junior disciple!" Taiga continued.

"Junior disciple still has a long was to go, doesn't he, shisho?" Ilya commented critically.

"I don't want to hear that coming out of your mouth." Waver retorted as he regained his footing.

"Anyway," Taiga continued, "Before our foolish junior disciple interrupted; today, we aren't actually lecturing Shirou on his stupidity--seeing that he hasn't died just yet, he seems to be doing fine."

"Aww," Ilya pouted, "I wanted Onii-chan to come so I can lecture him~"

"Shouldn't you be trying to get him to avoid this corner?" Waver snarked. "A player who could avoid getting a Bad End on their first play-through without a strategy guide would be an extremely rare genius--"

"FIRST RULE!" Taiga bellowed, whacking Waver in the head with her shiai, sending him sprawling to the floor yet again, nearly knocking him unconscious.

"As we were saying..." Taiga said with a vein emote on her temple, "We aren't here to criticize Shirou for some lousy mistake he made. Senior disciple! Explain!"

"Osu!" Ilya replied, "We're here to criticize Author-san for not including that one important scene at the beginning!"

"Marvelous! Bravo!" Taiga said in a congratulatory tone, praising her student. "The summoning of Seiba-san is an obligatory scene for any fanfic, and Aga-chan has sorely disappointed a lot of fans because he left her out!"

Two more super-deformed figure jumped into the background--this time, a man with a brunette afro at least twice as big as his own head being was being pursued by a tiny version of Saber, angrily chasing him and swinging at him with her own chibified sword.

"So, in the mean time, all of you who were expecting a lemon fic are going to have to wait while Seiba-san breaths down Aga-chan's neck and makes sure he finishes her introductory chapter! See you all next time!" Taiga cheerily waved her hand in farewell as the screen went black, as the player was redirected back to the main menu.
    Last edited by Agailius; June 24th, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    My Job Description
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Which I did. I didn't mean for Rin's name to pop up--I wan't really thinking while I was typing, and that's what happened.
    Are you not taking some of the recommended drugs your doctor subscribed to you?

That happens to me when I forget to take them for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Uxion View Post
    Are you not taking some of the recommended drugs your doctor subscribed to you?

That happens to me when I forget to take them for a few days.
    ...Maybehz.
    My Job Description

Blog Entries
    ...Maybehz.
    Take your damn meds man.

I stopped taking mine because I thought I could do without them.

Bad Things.

I wish I could get prescribed to them again, but first I need new medical.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    Take your damn meds man.

Bad Things.

By the way, did ya like my Tiger Dojo?
    My Job Description

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, that would be to ship Sakura and Shirou. Which is followed closely by shipping Taiga and Waver.
    Wasn't Waver married off to the Archibald head or was it just that he has to work for them for the rest of his life?

Quote Originally Posted by The Curious Fan View Post
    Wasn't Waver married off to the Archibald head?
    When the heck did this happen?!
    My Job Description

Blog Entries
    By the way, did ya like my Tiger Dojo?
    I enjoyed it.

Verily.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Waver has it rough.

He should try calling her Zecchan to get back at her for making fun of him~

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

It had been one day since Waver and Rin had set out on their intensive investigation of Caster's capabilities and the identity of her Master. Having already deduced that her lair was at Ryuudou Temple, the two masters and their servants had taken up a temporary lodging with the elderly Canadian couple known as the Mackenzies, whom Waver had posed as grandson to in the previous War.

Despite his deception towards them all those years ago, the elderly couple was in fact quite amicable in their relationship him--indeed, they considered him no less than a second grandson. Until they moved into the former Emiya estate upon Kiritsugu's death, himself, Rider, and Shirou lived with the Mackenzies. He found their simple way of life surprisingly preferable to the trappings and esoteric burdens of the Association.

Both Glen and Martha had taken a wonderful liking to Shirou, especially as a small child, and Shirou in turn regarded them in a highly esteemed manner, and even after he moved out, he made frequent trips to their residence to help them around the house--one of Iskander's first lessons to Shirou was to always show respect for the elderly, and never criticize them on account of their lack of knowledge in the modern world. And when Waver introduced the dignified young Rin to them after they moved out, they were more than happy to welcome her. They felt incredibly proud that Waver had reared such a refined, beautiful young girl, and did not make the slightest effort to hide their praises over the years.

Having finished dinner, Rin and Waver entered the latter's old room, where Martha had laid out an extra futon for Waver to sleep on, while Rin could sleep on the bed.

"Haah..." Rin sighed contentedly, stretching her arms above her head, "I've almost forgotten how good Martha-san's pasta is."

"It has been a while since you last came here," Waver admitted, looking around his old room with a hint of nostalgia. He then decided to sport a teasing smirk at his ward. "You could learn a thing or two from her, Rin. Grandma's cooking is one of the qualities that got Grandpa hooked to her. Who knows? Maybe you'll find your man through his stomach."

Rin threw him a flustered stare. "Sh-shut up! I'm perfectly capable of finding a boyfriend without having to resort to cooking..." Her complexion softened somewhat, looking more shy than agitated towards the end of her statement.

"That's not what I heard while you helped her prepare dinner," Waver continued to poke fun at her, his smirk becoming a small grin. He was becoming quite fond of teasing his pupils--both Rin and Shirou.

Rin flustered once more, her tone becoming sharp as she threw a pillow at her mentor. "I said shut up already! And are you just going to stand there all day? I'm changing into my pajamas, so get out already. Or are you the sort of guy who likes to watch a girl change? Pervert!"

Waver seemed mildly perturbed by Rin's last comment. "You have some rather scary thoughts running through your head, Rin."

"Just get out already!"

"Okay, okay." Waver said defensively, turning to the door. As he exited out, he muttered, "Sheesh. With that kind of attitude, she'll never find a guy to--GEH!"

He was cut off by another fluffy projectile being fired at the back of his head, nearly sending him careening down the stairs in front of the bedroom to the main floor below, shortly followed by the door almost being slammed behind him.

Waver sighed. It was going to be a long night. He wondered if Rin's Servant was going to have a problem working with his King. The two were currently surveying the temple, but he hoped that his Majesty wouldn't try to Jenkins his way into Caster's lair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The red-clad Archer's eyebrow was twitching in annoyance at his burly companion's incessant talking as the two sat atop a roof which overlooked the base of the Ryuudou Temple's entrance stair. They were supposed to be on reconnaissance--not sit and have idle chitchat, drinking alcohol, as Iskander was.

"...And that's how I conquered present-day Afghanistan!" Rider finished with a proud grin, his voice filled with boisterous merriment.

"Truly, you are the King of Conquerors," Archer said in a deadpan tone. "You must have won your opponents over by talking them to death."

"Haven't you been listening at all to what I've been saying, Porcupine-Head?" Rider retorted in a semi-exasperated tone, "The area known today as Afghanistan has been dubbed the Graveyard of Empires! I'm the only man in all of history who has ever been able to successfully conquer it because I'm the one who went to all the trouble of hunting down and subjugating each and every tribal faction wandering that godforsaken wasteland!"

"And you obviously talked to them so much, you made them all go insane from you never shutting up; therefore made it easier for them to bend to your will."

"Man, you sure have a huge stick up your ass, buddy." Iskander sighed. "You need to visit a brothel."

"We're supposed to be on the lookout for Caster and her Master."

"And we are! But we can't just wait up here all night," Rider replied. "What we need is a little action!"

"...To think an idiot like you nearly conquered the ancient world is just so unbelievable, I think I'll suffer an aneurysm by thinking too hard about it." Archer practically face-palmed.

Chugging down the last of his beer, Iskander sighed, turning his attention to the direction of the temple. After a moment of silence, he asked, "Archer, as a fellow ally, I would like to know just who you are. I only briefly saw your fighting abilities when Saber attacked you, but I cannot recall any accounts of a Heroic Spirit who fought as you did."

"I'm just an Archer, nothing more."

"Don't think I'm so dull as to conclude at that," Rider said critically. "You may indeed be proficient with a bow, but you seem more at home with a sword in your hand than your title suggests. Furthermore, I can already see that those sword you use are products of Gradation Air. My boy, Shirou is proficient in exactly the same thing, but he is undoubtedly far less skilled in it's utilization than you."

"I'm genuinely surprised a man who knew practically nothing about Magecraft in his lifetime was able to catch that so quickly." Archer said with a neutral tone. "Though the praise is appreciated."

"As I said, do not underestimate me, boy," Iskander replied. "Your fighting style incorporates the act of giving your enemy an opening in your defenses, so that you can predict when and where they strike next; thus allowing you to stay one step ahead of your enemy. Even if you are statistically a weak Servant, such a fighting style is something I consider to be incredibly useful, and no doubt is the reason you are able to put up such a fight against an enemy."

"...And what if I am?" Archer asked. "Do you think you know everything about me simply because you know my fighting style?"

"Your technique is indeed very pragmatic--and that pragmatism will carry far in war. But, Archer, your swords do not sing with pride."

"What good is honor and pride in the face of results? No matter how much you boast, a true hero is the one who is able to win, in the end."

"Then you are a fool." Iskander said, crushing the beverage can in his huge fist.

"Ho? Did I injure the pride of the great Iskander?" Archer replied with a mocking tone. "You think that and glory can establish peace? Look at your empire. The minute you kicked the bucket, it was torn apart. In the end, all of your talk of glory and conquest amounted to nothing."

"And what of it?" Iskander replied, unfazed by Archer's words. "Nations rise and fall--'tis the way the world is. Regardless of how much effort I would have put into it's preservation, or the sacrifices my subjects would have made, it's fall would have been inevitable. I will shed tears for it collapse, mourn for it's passing..."

He then turned to face Archer, staring at the red knight with an unwavering gaze. "...But I shall never, ever regret it. I lived the way I wished to live, and therefore, I will have no cause for regret. And I would certainly not try to change what has already occurred. Such an action would be no better than desecrating the sacrifices of my people--trampling on their pride. Rather, I would allow history to run it's course, that I and my people are immortalized as those who nearly conquered the world!"

The two Servants stared at each other for a long time, until Archer turned his gaze back to the temple. He scoffed, "You and I can never truly see eye to eye."

"Hm? Why not?" The burly man asked.

"Because the man I aspired to be and the man who Shoriusha Shirou is are entirely opposite beings."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was several hours later that night when Waver and Rin were enveloped in their research, studying the various samples they had gathered and deciphering what they had each found out in their searches. While Waver utilized his alchemical knowledge to pick up traces of Caster's magical power, Rin looked through the Tohsakas' vast stores of knowledge to try and look into any leads which could pertain to Caster's identity based on those samples.

Waver had been met with one particularly difficult sample which caused him to spend more time trying to dabble with it than he had previously anticipated, leaving him absorbed in solving it. That he was having trouble with it was confounding to him, but not unexpected, given that it was a Servant they were dealing with. Over the last ten years, Waver had furthered his own knowledge of Magecraft extensively thanks to his access to the vast knowledge the Archibalds had stored up--but of all the denominations which fell under Thaumaturgy, alchemy was what he had become the most proficient in, to the point he could safely boast being on par with some of the better half of Atlus. Not one of the best alchemists at the institution, but a remarkable one nonetheless.

It had been close to an hour since he had looked up from his beakers, so he decided that he needed to have a quick breather, and began stretching his arms out. "Rin," He said in a casual tone as he craned his head toward her, "Having any luck on those..."

But when he looked up, his ward--wearing her sun-yellow pajamas and with her hair already down--was slumped on top of the desk she was sitting at, her head resting atop a still opened book, with her arms crossed to cushion it. Her breathing was slow and steady, eyes closed in a peaceful manner.

Waver sighed softly, "Already asleep, are we...?" It was a matter of course. Rin had been without rest the last couple of days out on patrol, and had hardly had a single good night's sleep since the War started less than a week ago. Rising from his workplace on the floor, he approached her quietly to arouse her from sleep, but as his hand was almost on her shoulder, Waver examined his ward's sleeping face. Sighing to himself again, he chose not to wake her up. Even if she were a master, she needed her sleep.

"Still," He said critically, as though chiding her, "A chair is no place to sleep." Discreetly crouching down, he gently took her in his arms from the chair--taking great pains to not awaken her--cradling her almost as a parent would his own child. Walking over to the bed, he slowly rested Rin on the soft mattress, then pulled the covers over her. She had muttered a little under her breath during his carrying of her, but her breathing soon slowed again as she became comfortable in the warm folds of the bed. Scoffing bemusedly, Waver said softly, "You really are a troublesome apprentice."

He would not have readily admitted it, but Waver had come to greatly care for Rin over the ten years they spent together. She was, on many accounts, his most prized disciple and an extremely talented prodigy, especially for one so young. As a student and teacher, they were close, but...

"I'm still her father's killer... huh?" He muttered. That was right. The first time they met, he had told her he was the man who defeated her father as a master of the Holy Grail War. That had not changed, no matter how long it had been...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In front of the Kotomine chapel, two months after the conclusion of the Fourth Holy Grail War...

Waver Velvet, nineteen years of age, stood in front of the chapel, a warm spring wind gently blowing in the air. His hair was slightly longer than it was weeks earlier, and he was slightly taller than he was back then, having finally started the growth spurt he had for years thought would never come.

Having fought alongside Emiya Kiritsugu in the final hour of the War, the former Magus Killer had confided in him before the fight of his suspicions regarding their enemy, Kotomine Kirei. Out of all the information the Magus Killer filled him in on, however, one stood out: the evidence of foul play in the death of Tohsaka Tokiomi. Having been further told that the Tohsaka head had a wife and daughter, Waver felt that the possibility of further murder was not to be ignored. However, upon Kirei's apparent end at the hands of Kiritsugu, Waver dispelled this.

Until he had seen the priest, alive and without any apparent injury, at the funeral of Tokiomi.

He had been out working a part-time job when he happened to pass by as the funeral was ending. He saw a small girl he recognized as Tohsaka Rin being handed a dagger of sorts by none other than Kotomine Kirei. He had nearly fallen out of his bicycle out of shock, but Waver remained composed and thought he had evaded being seen by Kirei--

--Then, as he was nearly out of sight, he saw Kirei staring at him out of the corner of his eye, an smirk on his face.

Then he knew that he had to get Rin out of there. He knew from their previous encounter that Kirei was not an enemy he could face without dying. But he had to get Rin away from him. Even though he had never known her before, for some reason, the thought of her being raised by the man who betrayed her father prevented him from sleeping properly.

So he wrote a letter to Kirei where they could meet at his chapel; not as enemies, but as fellow Holy Grail War participants. With the war over, they would have no reason to feel animosity towards one another. Waver knew the idea of meeting someone as dangerous and treacherous as Kirei was quite possibly the most reckless, stupid idea he had ever had in his life, but he had to try.

And now, he opened the doors to the church, and as he looked around inside, he immediately saw Kotomine Kirei standing in front of the altar, his back to the door.

"Welcome, Waver Velvet," The priest said in an indifferent tone, "How may this humble shepherd of God be of service to you today?"

"You can cut the formalities, thank you," Waver replied with a hint of curt in his voice. "Last I checked, you had a shattered arm, various cut wounds, and a bullet to the heart. Not to mention laying in a pool of your own blood, dead. How the hell did you manage to evade the Grim Reaper?"

"The Holy Grail is considered an omnipotent item. Surely it is capable of resurrecting the recently dead, do you not think?"

"That black chalice is incapable of saving anyone. I saw for myself what that thing does, and it certainly doesn't save people."

"Ho? So you've already become aware of the Grail's true nature, have you? Impressive, especially coming from the most inept of all the War's Masters."

Waver clicked his teeth at the comment. "That doesn't answer my question. Why are you still alive?"

"It is indeed true that I died at the conclusion of the Fourth Grail War two months previous," Kirei admitted as he folded his arms behind his back. "My heart was destroyed by the bullet Emiya Kiritsugu shot through it. But, Waver Velvet, if I was killed, and you know that the Grail was corrupted, then you should know that there is only one way I could have returned to the living."

Kirei gave Waver a few moments to allow the words to sink into his head--to let him fit the puzzle pieces and let the gears in his head begin to turn. And after but a moment, a satisfied smirk crossed his face as he watched the boy's eyes widen with horror as the priest's words dawned on him.

"You're telling me... that fire was your doing?!?" Waver exclaimed.

"Precisely, Waver Velvet," The priest confirmed. "The disaster which claimed countless lives was the result of my wish being granted by the Grail."

Waver's eyes seethed with helpless rage, unable to turn back the horror and indignation he felt towards the priest. Though he had never considered himself a morally good or bad person, Waver could not stand the way Kirei so easily he was able to talk about killing so many people. It was as unforgivable, if not more so, than the atrocities committed by Caster and his Master.

"I can tell that this greatly aggrieves you, Waver Velvet. Are you going to try and kill me? Avenge the loss of so much life?" Kirei asked inquisitively.

His words brought Waver out of the fire burning in his gut, as the boy took a deep breath, calming himself. It took a great effort to do so, but Waver was able to swallow his anger. "No. Even if it were the right thing to do, I can't hope to kill you. Not as I am now. Besides, I had wrote that we would not meet as enemies, remember? I said I would come as a fellow master of the War. Because, despite how shocking this revelation is, I'm not here to try and kill you."

"Ho?" One of Kirei's eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Then why have you come here? I am a rather busy man, after all, and time is an important asset to me."

"I heard of Tohsaka Tokiomi's death during the War, and I found out that he had a wife and daughter, as well." Waver chose not to press Kirei of the matter of foul play, but he had a feeling Kirei already knew of his suspicion. "I saw you talking with a small girl after his funeral. Was that...?"

"Indeed. That girl you saw me conversing with at Tohsaka Tokiomi's funeral was his daughter and the newly appointed head of the family, Tohsaka Rin. What business would you have of her?"

"I wish to adopt her."

For a long moment, the priest simply stared at Waver with his surgical eyes, utterly silent. Then, he smirked. "And why would the members of an enemy's family concern you?"

"Let's just say my conscience won't let me sleep until I've rectified the matter."

"You are far more altruistic an individual than I had previously thought if you are so moved to compassion, even towards the kin of a former enemy, Waver Velvet. Allow me to commend you for impressing me." The priest bowed his head.

"You're making me sick, talking like that," Waver retorted. "Praise from you is like bitter almonds being shoved down my throat."

Kirei scoffed. "However, your concerns are ill-placed, I'm afraid. If you are concerned for that girl's sake, rest assured, she is being taken care of. As her legal guardian, it is my duty to look after her."

"I figured as much." Waver clicked his teeth. He had previously concluded, based on what he saw at the funeral, and on what Kiritsugu had told him, that Kirei had some sort of connection to Tokiomi. That he was Rin's guardian seemed not out of the question, but troublesome. Now, the chances of him getting Rin out...

"However, your generosity in helping to raise her is appreciated, and comes at a most opportune time for me."

...Didn't seem so impossible after all. "What do you mean by that?" Waver asked guardedly.

"As Tokiomi wrote in his will that I am to be Rin's guardian if anything were to happen to him, I am charged with ensuring her growth. However, I am a pious man of God, as well, and my Father's call beckons me to many remote places across the world. And, thus, I am at an impasse--to fulfill my obligation to Tokiomi's will, or to answer the call of the Lord across the world. I cannot do both well enough at the same time, but your kind offer has given me the chance to ease my mind on the matter.

"To put simply, you will help to raise Rin, leaving me free to fulfill my missionary work with a clear conscience. As my travels are many and frequent, you shall essentially be tasked with rearing Rin as a caretaker of sorts, whilst I undertake my God's call. Of course, I shall provide whatever is necessary to help care for her, and check on her between my trips to ensure she is being properly nurtured--but for the most part, you shall be entrusted with raising and teaching her. As I have heard that you've recently acquired the title of Lord, I have no doubts that you will have no trouble in the latter duty."

Waver took in the priest's words, somewhat surprised at his willingness to comply. "You sure do seem willing to entrust a great deal to me."

"I am a man of God, as I said, Waver Velvet," Kirei replied in a factual tone, approaching the boy. "I have faith in you, based on your most generous offer, to have the confidence to raise her properly." When he stood in front of Waver, the priest extended his hand, offering it for Waver to shake, as though to seal this bargain they have made. "Can you answer my faith in you, Waver Velvet?"

Waver did not hesitate, his mind made up. His enemy was giving him an opening. He knew the priest was likely only humoring him, but it didn't matter. If it meant he could keep the girl safe, he'd be ready to jump into the jaws of hell. Reaching out his own hand, Waver firmly grasped the priest's, and the two had a firm handshake. "You can trust me. I will raise Rin to the best of my ability and beyond, I swear you that."

The priest gave a smile. "Then I shall rely on you, Waver Velvet. I entrust Rin's care to you."

And as Waver departed from the church, both men had a satisfied look on their faces.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waver looked down again at the sleeping face of his ward, his eyes becoming fixed with an edge of steel resolve. No matter what would happened from that moment on, he would honor his oath. He had raised Rin the best he could, and had taught her very nearly everything he knew, motivating her to do her best.

Now, he vowed to protect her with all his might. No matter what would happen, he would not allow any scheme, nor treachery, nor power would harm her before they walked over his dead corpse. Parted a strand of her raven hair from her face, Waver vowed in a voiceless whisper that he would watch over her, regardless of the future.

Removing himself from the bedside, Waver returned to his own research, reminding himself to write notes for Rin to look up in the morning when she awoke.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of birds incessantly chirping was what first awoke Tohsaka Rin, causing her to roll over in her bed, shoving the pillow over her head in a vain attempt to smother her ears of their twittering. Soon, however, Rin realized with a start that she'd fallen asleep while working with her teacher on the samples they had found. Though her mind was racing with embarrassment and shame for falling asleep on such an important task, her body preformed it's usual exercise of stubbornly refusing to get out of bed out of both laziness and a feeling she hadn't slept enough.

It was then her mind came to the fact that she was in bed. The last she recalled, she had been sitting at the desk reading through her books--and then, displaying unusual enthusiasm in getting out of bed, she frantically sat up to see if her teacher had looked through her books. Even if he were a man she trusted, those tomes held the secrets of her family's Magecraft within, and to reveal them to a stranger was about the most idiotic thing she could do.

Getting out of bed, she saw her teacher laying on the floor in front of his chemistry set, snoring in a low tone. Still, she needed to make sure he didn't peak at her family's secrets, so she cast a spell to see if it had been touched or read by anyone other than her. She was relieved to find that her teacher had decided not to try and learn any family Magecraft, but also felt a bit guilty she had suspected him.

Moving to his side, Rin prepared to rouse her teacher, when she saw some slips of paper beside him. Taking them up, she realized they were notes of his findings in the samples he was conducting experiments on. Further realizing he had gone to the extra trouble of laying out his findings for her and not falling asleep until he had finished all he could on his own, and refusing to try and glimpse into her own books, Rin flustered with both remorse and respect for her teacher. She flustered further at the fact he had been considerate enough to tuck her into bed in spite of all that, and that he had not awakened her. And, even more abashing to her was that he had probably carried her to bed.

"Stupid sensei..." She said softly, "You'll catch a cold like that..."

Taking up his signature red coat, Rin pulled it on top of her teacher, causing a tired groan to issue from Waver's lips, but otherwise not stir. Taking his notes, Rin went back to her books, determined to finish before he awoke.
    Last edited by Agailius; July 1st, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    My Job Description

Blog Entries
    Great to know!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Great to know!
    Done.
    My Job Description

Blog Entries
    This was a great injection of even better content! Not only did it begin sheding light on how exactly the events developed to Waver raising Rin, and offering welcome insight onto the aftermath of the 4th, it also had some good character development, and heartwarming family interactions between Rin and Waver.

Great Job!

I live in the fiery depths of an Octopus's garden in the SHADE!
    Mostly talking. But, that's fine. It's character development. And, what's this? It would appear that Rin's Tsundere tendencies reach Waver with a vengeance!

You seem to have the look and feel of the Natsuverse going on, but can you press it the extra mile? Happy days won't last forever...
    A profound assessment of fanfiction, in general.

Apparently, I'm okay at writing quests. Neat.

The Raging Fantastic Magnum Fancy Face the First's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see an update, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Karna would totally sympathize with Shinji.

"Bro, your family does not want you either? We will show them, by killing everyone."
    "Nukes, nukes everywhere."
    [*ruby=text on top]text on bottom[/*ruby]

UPDATE, YU-UUUUHHHHH!!!
    And good flashback!
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Great!
    Archer and Iskandar are funny lol
    KotoTROLL
    Only can't understand why Waver don't tell to Rin about Kotomine?

Yeah, new chapters! LOL at Waver being the junior disciple. And the real chapter was good character development, though I got to agree that Waver needs to start explaining the truth to Rin before Kotomine ends up blindsiding her.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    Take your damn meds man.

Bad Things.