View Poll Results: Which Saber would be best for Shirou?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arturia (Original waifu--ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES)

15 26.79%
  • Nero (She's basically the love-child of Iskandar and Saber)

15 26.79%
  • Mordred (Because daddy issues)

20 35.71%
  • Attila (Just to be completly hipster)

5 8.93%
  • Siegfried (Screw the women, this boy needs a MANLY MAN)

16 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 44 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Son of the Great

The Son of the Great

Disclaimer: I do not own Fate/Stay Night. Nasu and Type-Moon does.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index

Chapter Zero Point 1 - The Deal
    Chapter Zero Point 2 - The Battle Is to the Strong
    Chapter Zero Point 3 - The Final Hour
    Chapter Zero Point 4 - You Are My King
    The Killer and The King

Prologue: ...Right below. (Being rewritten!)

-Chapter I - Heir Apparent
    -Chapter II - The Vizer and the Witch (1)
    --Interlude 1 - Stirring Within Shadow
    -Chapter III - Day of Destiny
    -Chapter IV - Negotiations with the Red Witch
    -Chapter V - It Came from the Game
    -Chapter VI - The Titan's Entry
    -Chapter VII - Back to the Wall
    -Chapter VIII - Clash of Titans
    -Chapter IX - Bonds Which Tie
    -Chapter X - The Shourisha Alliance
    -Chapter XI - Reflections
    --Interlude 2 - The Vizer and the Witch (2)
    -Chapter XII - Growing Affection

Shourisha Shirou: Analysis (Updated!)

Omake I

Tiger Dojo X! 1
    Tiger Dojo X! Bad End 1--Lord of the Flies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city of Fuyuki was consumed in flames.

Through smoke and fire, riding upon his loyal black charger, Bucephalus, the King of Conquerors slowly rode through the final aftermath of the Fourth Grail War. Iskander surveyed the inferno around him, knowing full well the possibility of surviving the flames to be slim, at best. He felt a deep sympathy for those unfortunate enough to be swept up in the hellfire. But there was little to nothing that he could do for them now. The vast majority of his power had been expended in the final moments of the Grail War; he had arrived to aid Saber and her master in her final battle against Gilgamesh and his accomplice, Kotomine.

In the fray of the battle, Iskander, alongside Gilgamesh, had been submerged in the black substance which emanated from the Holy Grail. There, the two Kings had faced a presence of such absolute evil and pitch black monstrosity, it threatened to consume their sanity and every other aspect of their beings. But both, in their own ways, proved to have too... unique of personalities to be subjugated by it. Whereas Archer's sheer ego and megalomania out-did the Evils of the World, Rider realized that, in a way, this was the ultimate test of his goal. If he was to conquer the world, he would doubtlessly have to fight. And, what simpler a way to show his supremacy over the world then by overcoming it's collective malefactions? And, so, he fought.

Regardless of the circumstances, Rider realized, by the end of the ordeal, he had obtained a body of flesh and blood. In a way, the Grail had granted his wish. Not that it would have mattered whether or not it did, for when he had regained his senses, the Grail, Saber, and Gilgamesh had vanished. The only ones remaining on the battlefield were himself, his follower Waver, and the Master of Saber, Emiya Kiritsugu.

Now, Iskander and Waver surveyed the destruction caused by the Holy Grail. Waver was horrified by the sheer extent of the disaster, and ultimately the loss of life wrought by it. However, both were too exhausted of prana and almost just as exhausted of strength to be able to stop it. It was regrettable, even heart-wrenching, to be incapable of doing anything, but the King of Conquerors knew that there was no point in trying to save someone from a raging river when one had not the strength left to swim.

"All this..." Waver Velvet said in a somewhat trembling voice, clutching at his injured arm as he rode behind his Servant--nay, his King--upon his steed, drained of his mana and nearly all his strength, as well as covered in scrapes and scratches, "All this because of that thing..." Having seen the Holy Grail, Waver had come to understand that it was certainly not 'holy'. Saying it was cursed would probably not do justice, either. Abominable, perhaps. Yes, a pitch, black abomination.

"There is nothing we can do to stop what has already occurred, boy." Iskander replied calmly, though with a hint of melancholy in his voice. "I suppose it's perfectly natural for something like that black chalice to have such a violent backlash upon it's destruction--" The red-haired giant silenced himself suddenly, stopping his horse.

Waver peered up at his companion, curious to know why he stopped. "Rider--?" He asked, but was cut off by the Servant quieting him with a shush.

"Look." Rider replied simply, glancing to the right, where he saw a small figure appear from amid the carnage. A boy, no more than perhaps nine, was limping wearily through the burning wreckage, his cheeks and eyes red with stinging tears and exposure to the smouldering heat and smoke, burns and bruises all over his body. The boy's golden-brown eyes seemed empty and without life, as though all he had known had been taken right from under his feet. The boy hardly seemed to notice the two, or much anything else, as he staggered onward aimlessly through the flames. Finally, however, the boy's strength gave out, as his body fell like a beaten rag doll to the ground.

Iskander wordlessly dismounted, approaching the fallen boy, noting the empty look in his eyes. Kneeling beside him, he lay one giant hand on the boy, saying to himself, "You look as though you are among the walking dead, lad." He said quietly. "No person should ever bear such an expression if they call themselves living." And with those words, he effortlessly scooped the boy in his arms, turning back to Waver.

"Rider, I though you said--"

"To not do what we know we cannot. But, we can at least help this boy." Rider replied simply as he remounted, the boy resting limply against him. "Let's be rid of this place."

And, with that, the Servant and his Master rode away from the carnage, with the sole survivor of the catastrophe resting in one arm of the mighty King of Conquerors.

Rain began to fall on Fuyuki.
    Last edited by Agailius; February 4th, 2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: INDEX
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    This has potential, continue.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Some will say that the world is to small for two conquering redheads.

I say: prove them wrong.

Illya is best servant

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    The world is to small for two conquering redheads, that's why they are going to conquer the galazy/universe/multiverse to make room.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I wonder where this is going. In particular, I wonder how Rider will act now he's still alive, and what will happen to the next Grail War and the other canon characters....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...potential is endless.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But will Shirou still be able to Sword Spam?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle ImperialOrder's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    *Imagines a bunch of Heroic Spirits with swords pointed at the Enemy, barreling down at mach speed.*
    *Archer literally traces Beowulf while holding hrunting...and uses him as his arrow...*

He shouldn't. In canon, Shirou was so forgone that Kiritsugu's only chance at saving him was by implanting Avalon into his body. It was the constant exposure to Avalon that warped Shirou's alignment and origin to both be "sword." That being said, his perception was warped because of his near-death experience, combined with his, literally, miraculous salvation. He might not be sword spamming anytime soon, but a Reality Marble should still be possible.

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    A nitpicker arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by Agailius View Post
    Yes, a pitch, black, abomination.
    You could probably take out the commas and it'll still be fine. Though I won't blame you if you left them.

"I suppose it perfectly natural something like that black chalice to have such a violent backlash upon it's destruction--"
    I assume you meant something like: "I suppose it's perfectly natural..."

He asked, but was cut off by the Servant shushing him.
    Should probably change it to hushing instead of shushing.

Rider replied simply, seeming to look around, when he saw a small figure appear from amid the carnage.
    Doesn't make as much sense as it could, should probably re-do this sentence. [Is Rider giving the appearance of looking around? Or is he actually looking around?]

"You look as though you are amoung the walking dead, not the living, lad."
    amoung ===> among

"Let be rid of this place."
    I'm guessing you meant: "Let us be red of this place"
    On topic though, this has potential. Continue.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries

[Sign: This has potential. I'll keep an eye on it.]

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

daily dose of despair <3 Ruu-tan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting premise... I assume that you have something else planned for Kiritsugu who didn't appear? Do continue.

Artist's block. Bigger bitch than karma, I swear.

Blog Entries
    "Drive me closer, Rider! I want to hit them with all of my swords!"

Blog Entries
    Interesting... just asking, is there any way of healing Shirou without Avalon? Does Iskander even have anything like that with him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    Interesting... just asking, is there any way of healing Shirou without Avalon? Does Iskander even have anything like that with him?
    Maybe he takes him inside of his Reality Marble? After all, he must of had at least a few good combat medics mixed in with his army. Plus, them all being heroic spirits means that the medic should have skills beyond human capability.

Very interesting. It's unlikely they'll stay in Fuyuki, as Waver has no real ties to that-strike that, that old man and his wife, the Mackenzies I think. They're there. Still, they'll probably still head back to Europe. Probably for the best. Last thing Fuyuki needs now is two Heroic Spirits with real bodies battling it out again. (Gilgamesh). Very interesting how you handled Rider's exposure to the Grail mud. It's certainly nice that one of the most awesome characters in the Nasuverse won't become nuts like Gil. I hope that in the next Grail War, Arturia will still be summoned, cause interaction with her would be VERY interesting. Keep up the great work, I look forward to reading more!

The Heir Apparent

--BGM: Fate/Stay Night OST; Whirlpool of Fate ver. 2--

"So, he's the only survivor?" Emiya Kiritsugu said, exhaling a cloud of smoke from his lungs. He and Waver Velvet, the last two surviving Masters of the War as far as he was concerned, as well as the Servant Rider, who somehow sustained a form following the Grail's destruction, were conversing just outside the hospital room reserved for the boy named Shirou, who was, for the moment, still sleeping.

He had sustained multiple burn injuries of varying degrees all over his body, as well as many cuts, scrapes, and bruises; though what had nearly killed him was asphyxiation via the massive amount of smoke and ash the boy had inevitably inhaled. The trauma induced by the fire which had most likely killed any family he had, coupled with the air he had inhaled being thick with smoke, had, as the doctor told the trio, caused him to lose more or less all of his memories.

A boy crippled in body, mind, and spirit. The three knew such a broken existence could hardly be called living at all.

"The rescue teams are still out there looking for more," Waver replied, gripping his hands together, "But, so far, no one besides him who was salvaged from the Shinto District was able to survive the injuries they had sustained." Waver gritted his teeth, clenching his hands into fists. "But, even if he does survive, how can he continue on?"

"True, it'd take some helluva lot of treatment to even give the lad a chance to recuperate physically," Rider said smoothly, scratching his beard. "And with no known living relatives, he doesn't have much of anyone to lean on."

Kiritsugu sighed for the hundredth time that day. After a long moment of almost stagnant silence, he replied, "The least we owe him is a second chance. I'll implant Avalon inside his body--it's restorative properties should heal him."

"Avalon?" Waver started with a jolt, "The sheath of Excalibur?! How the hell did you--" But realization suddenly then hit Waver. "...Oh, right. That must've been..."

"The King of Knight's catalyst for summoning her," Rider commented.

"He needs it more than we ever will," Kiritsugu continued, "And, as I said, this is the least we can do. We, as Masters of the Grail War, are at least partially responsible for that disaster."

"Even if we save the kid's life, we can't guarantee he'll have the will to continue living," Waver argued glumly in turn. "Who could possibly be able to recover from loss like that?"

"If he does have the resolve, I'll be more than willing to raise the boy," Rider suddenly declared with mild enthusiasm. The two Masters stared at him with some bewilderment.

The boy awoke to a feeling of weakness and fuzzy numbness all over his body, though he soon found this fading, as he realized he was laying in a bed. He tried to remember what happened the previous night--but it was all a blur. A fiery, crackling, ember-filled blur. But he knew what he had lost. Yet, for some reason, he didn't feel crushed by sadness. Perhaps he had exhausted all the sorrow in his heart that night before.

"Mom... Dad..." He muttered tiredly. "Everyone... is gone..."

"But you're alive, and pretty darn lucky to be so, boy," Came a chipper, deep voice.
    --BGM: Fate/Stay Night OST; Quiet Voice--
    The boy turned his head to see a massively built, red-haired, crimson-eyed man sitting beside his bed. He wore a white tee-shirt with the kanji for 'The Admiral's Great Tactics' emblazoned across it, with blue jeans and brown shoes. He seemed to have been reading The Art of War before the lad decided to awaken, though the man eyed him with some level of eagerness.

"Who're you, mister?" The boy asked, sitting up.

"Ooh, I'm glad you asked, lad!" Rider replied with a wide grin as he stood up, beating his fist across his chest. "I am the greatest conqueror the world has ever known--and, thus, the man destined to rule it; Iskandar the Great!"

"Uuum..." The boy blinked, scratching his cheek, as if trying to see if he could recollect the name. "Sorry, sir, but I've never heard of you."

The boy's words, innocent though they were, sent Rider as white and frigid as a statue of salt, his pride being shattered and crumbling away just as easily. "What?!? How the bloody hell do you not? What do they teach you in schools these days...?" Clearing his throat, he continued, "Well, that's alright. It'll give me plenty of time to tell you later."

The boy blinked again, confused. "Eh?"

"That's right," Rider continued, his toothy grin broadening, "You're going to live with me from this day forth. I've decided to choose you as the successor of my empire!"

"Empire...?" Shirou asked again. "Mister, you're acting funny. You don't look like a king..."

But the boy's words were cut off by the man rising from his chair, and, taking one of his huge hands, grabbed the boy by the collar, easily lifting him in the air.

"Wai--woah, woah, hey!! Mister! Put me down!" Shirou cried out, arms and legs flailing in the air as he futilely struggled against the man. Iskander examined the boy closely, then, grinning, he slung him over his shoulder.

"Young one, I'm not leaving you here to rot. I've chosen you as my heir, and you'll like it. You'll help me to lay the foundations upon which my dynasty will rule the world--your name will be etched upon the adamantine walls of eternity!"

"Mister, I have no idea what you're talking about!" Shirou continued with a mixture of confusion and distress in his expression.

"You have nowhere else to go, do you?" Iskander replied, this time with a hint of tenderness to his voice. "As my heir, you'll be as my own flesh and blood. It'd be natural for you to be my son if you're to inherit my dream, isn't it?"

Shirou stopped struggling at the remark, realizing that, yes, he was alone. He had no one else to turn to.

But this man was giving him another chance.

Another father.

Another life.

Ten years later...

"Sempai, it's morning now." Came a voice which had become all too familiar to Shourisha Shirou. The red-haired youth awoke to see the graceful figure of young Matou Sakura bending down to awaken him. The girl's violet-colored hair and eyes seemed to sheen against the morning sun coming through the shed's window.
    --BGM: Fate/Stay Night OST; Into the Sunlight--
    "Oh, Sakura," Shirou grumbled, yawning. "Sorry for making you wake me up like that."

"No, it's alright, Sempai," She replied with a beaming smile. "It makes me happy that I'm helping you out. Breakfast is ready."

Shirou groaned. "Dang, you beat me to it again. Ah, well. Is my dad up?"

"Not yet, I think. Fujimura-sensei should be waiting in the living room, though she has a head-ache, so she's asked me to ask you to be as quiet as possible."

"She went out drinking with Pops again, didn't she?" Shirou sighed, "It makes me think we're the more responsible ones around here."

"Well, you are a reliable person, Sempai." Sakura said with a warm smile. Shirou had to try really hard not to blush at her expression. He was finding it increasingly difficult to simply ignore his hormonal thinking these last few weeks around Sakura. She was his closest friend, so weird thoughts like that were unusual, but he couldn't deny his growing interest in her.

Shirou shook those thoughts off. "Well, we should go eat breakfast. We don't wanna keep Fuji-nee waiting--" It was the loud roars of their teacher from the main house which immediately caught their attention. "Oh, good lord," He groaned. "What are they up to this early in the morning...?"

Inside, the two could hear Taiga and Shirou's father arguing about something--by the intensity of their teacher's voice, something which had offended Taiga immensely.

"Honestly, Raida-san!" Taiga bemoaned, "You're a grown man, for pity sake--and a father, at that! You have to have a sense of decency; I'm surprised Shirou grew up to be as good a kid he was, what with him having a schmuck like you as a father--ow, ow, ow..." Her hangover from last night had apparently not entirely dissipated.

"Look, Taiga-chan, it isn't really that big a deal," Came Iskander's voice within. "I'm the master of this house, aren't I? Shouldn't it be perfectly alright for me to walk around in whatever I want?"

"I told you to not call me that!" Fujimura retorted sharply, which she instantly regretted, as he head-ache flared up again. "Besides, what if Sakura-chan saw you? She'd go in shock! Hurry up and put proper cloths on...!"

Rider laughed heartily in reply. "Ah, she would be! But, what woman could possibly not be in shock after seeing this massive gun?"

At this point, Shirou and Sakura were listening intently at the door, their ears to the wall. As the adults' arguments continued, Shirou suddenly had a creeping, horrifying realization as to what they were talking about. His father had a tendency to walk around... underclad... when he was walking around at home. And at this time of morning...

"I wonder what they're going on about in there." Sakura said with innocent, curious eyes.

"Sakura, wait, don't open that--!!" Shirou started, but was too late as she opened the door.

There, standing, was Shirou's father, walking around in nothing but a white tee-shirt and a pair of boxers which did little to hide the... erm... complications grown men felt in the mornings.

To her great fortune, Shirou had covered Sakura's eyes before the image had fully processed through her mind at what she saw.

A heavy fluster flared up on Sakura's cheeks as Shirou effectively embraced her from behind. "S-s-sempai?!" She stuttered, completely forgetting what she had just seen in the wake of her Sempai's arms around her.

"Sakura, just don't look for a bit!!" Shirou panted in an exasperated tone, then shouted in his dad's direction, "Pops!! Put some pants on, dammit!"

Rider scratched his head. "Don't raise your voice, boy--I drank me some strong liquor last night, and it hasn't quite left my head yet."

"I don't care! Put on some cloths, now!!" Shirou effectually roared.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Agailius; November 20th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rider is an exhibitionist.
    LIKE A KING

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds hot.

Wait which rider
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Author View Post
    Sounds hot.

Wait which rider
    This Rider.

Also, relevant:
    LIKE A KING