Page 4 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2345691454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA Anime (no spoilers)

But in return you make that 1/5 pretty enjoyable.

I mean, if you show all 5/5 and it's not entertaining, then whats the point?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think mashing the routes together is good either, I think they're both pretty unfortunate.

Really my stance is just "don't make anime out of VNs, I'll just play the VNs".

Blog Entries
    I want to see a VN adaptation that maintains all the decision points in the original instead of trying to fuse things together, and lets you choose them as you watch. It would probably be terrible, but at least it would be interesting.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Hm. Maybe if you did it via twitter vote like with CP, but each vote would be basically a hiatus in the entire season.

Blog Entries
    It would obviously be straight to optical media format of your choice, probably blu-ray. Not even a little bit feasible otherwise.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Like that Cluedo movie from long, long ago?
    Also: You're just recreating the VN in animated format. Better make it a real animated VN then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Like that Cluedo movie from long, long ago?
    Also: You're just recreating the VN in animated format. Better make it a real animated VN then.
    School Days? Well, that adaptation was pretty close to the original and it is unique in showing the Bad End as the story's conclusion.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Kanon
    Steins;Gate
    Clannad
    Higurashi
    Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa nai
    White Album

Are VN adapts off the top of my head that I've seen. I would place Fate/Stay Night anime beneath all those. And White Album was bloody awful D:

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Animated Luvia, Zel and El-Melloi II? Hell yes.

Also animated Nine Lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    What Kyte said doesn't really apply to Steins;Gate, since it's a linear "one route" VN without much interactivity besides "lol texting".
    That's not true. There are routes in Steins;Gate, the texting has just as much importance as regular choices in other VNs. The anime just knew what it had to do to make the source material work as an anime. KyoAni did pretty good with Kanon and Clannad as well, imo. VNs are not impossible to adapt to anime. You just have to decide if the source material works when a mixture of routes is written or if you have to stick with just one route.

Personally, I think the best choice is the mostly stick to one route, but add in important elements of other routes. Kinda what DEEN did, only DEEN didn't do it very good. But that's DEEN's fault, and doesn't mean it's impossible to it well. I think if you were to make the main base of a F/SN anime Heaven's Feel, then find a way to work in some of Saber's development from Fate and the Archer situation from UBW, maybe having Gilgamesh as a mid-boss of the anime, adapting the fight from UBW, then it'd be a pretty good F/SN adaptation. The only problem there is that you'd have to rewrite a lot of the elements of the Fate and UBW material to make them work in the Heavens Feel story. But as long as you did it well, I do think it can be done. As opposed to, well, how DEEN did.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Don't adapt, make original stories.

Troll the fanbase.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Don't adapt, make original stories.

Troll the fanbase.
    New anime:

Ilya is a poncho and Shirou is the dryer trying to save her. Unfortunately, he's stuck on a 'bulky' dry cycle. Can he overcome his programming to save her in time?!
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Personally, I think the best choice is the mostly stick to one route, but add in important elements of other routes. Kinda what DEEN did, only DEEN didn't do it very good. But that's DEEN's fault, and doesn't mean it's impossible to it well. I think if you were to make the main base of a F/SN anime Heaven's Feel, then find a way to work in some of Saber's development from Fate and the Archer situation from UBW, maybe having Gilgamesh as a mid-boss of the anime, adapting the fight from UBW, then it'd be a pretty good F/SN adaptation. The only problem there is that you'd have to rewrite a lot of the elements of the Fate and UBW material to make them work in the Heavens Feel story. But as long as you did it well, I do think it can be done. As opposed to, well, how DEEN did.
    Makes little sense for many players die early in HF.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Makes little sense for many players die early in HF.
    You'd have to change the way Archer and Gilgamesh die. Probably Caster too, in order to make it flow better. I see no problem in this. It's impossible to capture the "essence" of Fate/stay night with one route alone. I don't think the majority of Fate/stay night can be properly represented without Heaven's Feel being the base, but I also think that you can't ignore the Shirou/Archer situation, and Shirou overcoming Gilgamesh is a big deal as well. And then you need the Saber development in order to not leave any stories open and untold.

Yeah, it would require some rewriting in terms of pacing and some characters would do things they do in routes other than Heaven's Feel, but it would make sense if done right. And I think that's the best way to "adapt" Fate/stay night as a whole. Especially since any future Fate/stay night adaptation would require it to be a good follow-up to Fate/Zero. You'd need all those elements in there for it to be a good "sequel" to Fate/Zero in terms of anime, if you follow me.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    New anime:

Ilya is a poncho and Shirou is the dryer trying to save her. Unfortunately, he's stuck on a 'bulky' dry cycle. Can he overcome his programming to save her in time?!
    Hello new sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    You'd have to change the way Archer and Gilgamesh die. Probably Caster too, in order to make it flow better. I see no problem in this. It's impossible to capture the "essence" of Fate/stay night with one route alone. I don't think the majority of Fate/stay night can be properly represented without Heaven's Feel being the base, but I also think that you can't ignore the Shirou/Archer situation, and Shirou overcoming Gilgamesh is a big deal as well. And then you need the Saber development in order to not leave any stories open and untold.

Yeah, it would require some rewriting in terms of pacing and some characters would do things they do in routes other than Heaven's Feel, but it would make sense if done right. And I think that's the best way to "adapt" Fate/stay night as a whole. Especially since any future Fate/stay night adaptation would require it to be a good follow-up to Fate/Zero. You'd need all those elements in there for it to be a good "sequel" to Fate/Zero in terms of anime, if you follow me.
    Incorporating stuff from other routes into a route is already a bad idea. You'd see people going "But that didn't fucking happen in that route. What the fuck, <insert studio name here>!!".
    Plus, basing the stuff on HF is like rewatching F/0 again.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about just leaving Fate intact and doing that?
    DEEN just needed filler, that's why the weird HF part came in.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I felt the anime was also a kind of commertial for Realta Nua, since the Realta Nua ps2 port went into public soon after the end of the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Incorporating stuff from other routes into a route is already a bad idea. You'd see people going "But that didn't fucking happen in that route. What the fuck, <insert studio name here>!!".
    I don't really see that happening with most people. Maybe some of the hardcore fans here and there, but not most people. And even then, as long as it is done well, then I doubt many people will complain. It was because DEEN butchered the material they used that people got annoyed, not because they used the material in the first place.

Plus, basing the stuff on HF is like rewatching F/0 again.
    No, it'd be like watching a follow-up to Fate/Zero, and considering Fate/Zero is a huge success and most people love it... well, sounds logical to me.

Eventually people are going to have to come to terms with the fact that Type-Moon stories are dark and the Nasuverse has mature stories. Fate/Zero didn't just suddenly go dark and mature because Urobuchi was involved. Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime, and Fate/stay night were pretty dark and mature too. The Fate route of F/SN is the odd one here for being different in tone, and even that didn't shy away from it's dark moments. What Shirou found in the basement of the Church, for example...

Two problems with that. First one being it would just be the DEEN anime with less shit. Which sounds boring. DEEN already did Fate, let that be. Fate material should be nothing but support for filling in the needed details and character development, I say. But the more important problem is that now that Fate/Zero is out there and popular, people are going to want a potential future F/SN adaptation to answer all the lingering questions with that. And when you get down to it, Fate doesn't do that. If you want to tell the closest you can get to a proper follow-up to Fate/Zero, and something that tells the entire Fate/stay night story, you need a lot of the things from Heaven's Feel. Especially Angra Mainyu and Kotomine's story.

No, Fate is boring.