Page 1 of 92 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem

Blog Entries

Fire Emblem

Backstory:

If the history of war is recorded only by the victorious, then at what point does the truth become nothing more than a passing fantasy? The endless reasons for battle, soldiers raising their blades against heroes and villains alike, the tragic history of Jugdral is one that is undeniably steeped in the corrosive blood of war. Time after time, from the battle against the seventeenth emperor of the Lopto Empire, to the rise and fall of the traitor knight Sigurd and his army, the county has found itself encased in it's own sins, unable to escape from drowning in it's own, seemingly bloodthirsty nature.

Perhaps that is why the rise of the great Lord Alvis, who defeated the traitor Sigurd at the Battle of Barhara, was so easily accepted by the common people.

Tired of war, tired of the oppression, the people naturally sought to live in the peaceful, united world he managed to create as the Emperor of Grandbell. He was someone who loved the people, and was in turn loved by the people, and even the eventual discovery that he carried the blood of the Lopto Clan was not enough to tear him from the hearts of the people.

It truly seemed to be a world of equality, a world where no one had to live in fear of prejudice, of pointless execution. Even those who belonged to the Lopto clan were protected in this new world, regardless of the grave sins that had been committed by their fathers.

Which made it all the more shocking when, on the eve of young prince Yurius's seventeenth birthday, it was discovered that Lord Alvis's greatest adviser, the archbishop Manfroy, had been killed in what appeared to have been an assassination plot. The motive of the assassin was thought to have been nothing more than simple prejudice against the Lopto clan, and while guards were dispatched throughout the castle, the killer was never found...

And it was with this final act of violence, that the kingdom of Grandbell fell back into the comforting grip of peace, and when Alvis finally died, surrounded by those who had grown to love him in life, the title of emperor passed down to his son Yurius.

Just like his father, the world he maintained was one based on the simple belief of peace. Attacks from bandits and pirates still had to be dealt with occasionally, but the lands that made up Grandbell did nothing to instigate fighting amongst themselves.

And just like that, as peace continued on from father to son, it seemed that the bloody history of Grandbell would finally end with the example set by it's greatest emperor...

But down in the province of Jungby, on the eighteenth birthday of the young Lord Eņin, son of the Duke of Jungby, disturbing news appears in the form of a letter carrying an imperial order.

“Dear Lord Vali of Jungby,

At the esteemed kingdom of Chalphy, a troubling large rebellion has broken out. As you have always been allies with Chalphy, I would like to ask for your assistance in this matter. I request that you immediatly deploy the Beige Ritter and aid the imperial forces in the suppression of this rebellion. Perhaps Duke Hakon will listen to reason if it comes from his closest allies.”

-Emperor Anleifr

Lord Hakon was famously stubborn, and he possessed one of the last remaining blood links to the Twelve Crusaders of old, the blood lines of which were scattered with the fall of the traitor knight Sigurd. As the lord had pointed out, the noble families of Chalphy and Jungby had always been friendly, and the good Duke Hakon had even been one of the two to teach Lord Eņin how to fight in his youth, due to the failings in the health of the boy’s own father.

Why would someone like that lead his country in open rebellion?

Regardless of their feelings on the matter, Jungby had sworn oaths of fealty to the Grandbell Empire long ago, the orders of the emperor could not be opposed by the nobles without marking themselves as traitors in their own right.

His father too ill to lead the battle himself, the young Lord Eoin is the one to respond to the call of the emperor. Leaving his parents behind to watch over the country, Eoin leaves with his old teacher Neir and the other royal knights, on an expedition to Chalphy.

Current Player list: x=profile in

Lord - Airen (x)
    Axe Fighter - Bloble (x)
    ?????????? - Yun
    Sword Fighter - zlol (x), Lianru (x)
    Dragon Knight - Optimus (x), Neir (x)
    Bow Knight - KnightTurtle (x)
    Lance Knight - Larekko12 (x)
    Troubador - Elyrin (x)
    Dark Mage - Lycodrake (x)
    Bard - enthalpy (x)
    Fire Mage - Terminator98 (x)
    Prince - MssrNeko (x)
    Princess - Seraph (x)
    Thief - KuniKaiRo (x)
    Armor Knight - Chaos Greyblood (Lance) (x)
    Priest - gesalt (x)
    magicalgirl Thunder Mage - Ruca (x)
    Free Knight - Frantic (x)

Classes and base stats: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post658951

Stat caps: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post661140

Skills: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post661213

Battle Calculator *needs tweaking*: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zdUR2M3c#gid=0

STATS AND GROWTHS:

When making your profiles, you have 240 points to distribute among your growth rates. HP, STR, MAG, SKL, SPD, LCK, DEF, RES. Yes, all classes have both STR *AND* MAG. This is relevant.

This determines how your character's stats will grow. A RNG will be used. It is entirely possible to get RNG screwed. Currently deciding on making stat boosting items available in shops.

At level 1, all players will have 14 stat points to add to their class' base stats. This includes Luck (which is 0 base for all classes) and HP.

Players who will not be joining at level 1 will be buffed accordingly.

Players can have 1 skill MAX at the start.

Players will generally start with basic weapons.

Terminator's fanciful guide to creating a character. Sums it up pretty well.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post662930

Kyte's fixed stat calculator:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...aT3JsdXc#gid=0
    Last edited by Neir; May 2nd, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Last list of who joined and as what Class, along with those possibly joining: http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3...-RP-Thoughts-4

As for what my involvement in this is/will-be...I'll just go ahead and apologize for whatever I've done wrong with this.
    Mostly for my indecisiveness, but also for apparently sparking interest and not following through.
    I don't feel comfortable about taking things out of Yun's hands, since he offered to GM it, and he's been a member of BL longer than I have, so...I apologize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    I don't quite get what you're saying. Do you want to be involved? Or no?

As for doing this even with yun's offer, yeah, it's kind of dickish. But I'm okay with being considered a dick, and yun's lack of activity is legendary. No offense, yun. When you do post, it's great.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

Blog Entries
    Um...Shouldn't you guys handle this in private? ^^;
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I don't quite get what you're saying. Do you want to be involved? Or no?

As for doing this even with yun's offer, yeah, it's kind of dickish. But I'm okay with being considered a dick, and yun's lack of activity is legendary. No offense, yun. When you do post, it's great.
    Yes I want to, and have planned to be, involved. Just not sure how much, really.
    I was avoiding being dickish, that's all. At least as far as I can tell. ^^;
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 11th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Handle what in private? If lyco wants to be involved, he'll say so and we'll do stuff.

Blog Entries
    No offense to Yun, but as someone who actually wants to play in this, I'd want Airen/Neir/Kratos/someone else to GM this.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good, lycopsid. Which is what my phone autocorrected lyco to.

Blog Entries
    Neir/Kratos/Airen GMing and I'd probably be more interested as well.

Blog Entries
    Either way, kratos and I were going to co-gm, as I understand it. I am shit for plot, though. I'm hoping Airen and his protag powers will join us.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good, lycopsid. Which is what my phone autocorrected lyco to.
    No problem. I'll do what I can to help with things. I still have the Level 1 Class stats from 7/8 and 10 saved, too.

And my mind going between Thunder Mage and Shaman is bugging me. ;w;
    F/GO SUPPORT

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Either way, kratos and I were going to co-gm, as I understand it. I am shit for plot, though. I'm hoping Airen and his protag powers will join us.
    Someone calls out, and a protagonist appears.

You guys want me to handle plot, eh?

....I can probably do that. Though it may not be a canonically established setting if you hand it off to me. Maybe the land Ike dissappeared to at the end of FE10? So that I can torture the players with creatures that I claim exist.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    ....I can probably do that. Though it may not be a canonically established setting if you hand it off to me.
    And that sounds great to me, because I'm not interested in sticking to the book anyway~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    And that sounds great to me, because I'm not interested in sticking to the book anyway~
    But the book is a safe zone~

And the safe zone keeps me from throwing Dragons at you early~ /isheserious.jpg
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Who do you think you're talking to?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Who do you think you're talking to?
    Lol. Point taken.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

either way, count meeeeeehhhhh in! And plot? Yes, yes, i never played FE 10, but a mysterious land, AIREN, DO IT, FOR THE LOVE OF LYCI- i mean Fire Emblem!

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Blog Entries
    Oh, Zlol-kun is joining~?

Note to self: Create character that is yandere for zlol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruca_Milda View Post
    Oh, Zlol-kun is joining~?

Note to self: Create character that is yandere for zlol.
    Y-y-y-yandere?!?!?!

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Blog Entries
    Note to self: decide between Thunder Mage or Shaman. Flip coins again if need be.
    And make sure to be friends/have-support-with with Kratos' Soldier.
    F/GO SUPPORT