Page 101 of 457 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 9130

Thread: Die Lorelei

Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    Well then the Assassin class is screwed... As their main method of assault is against the rules lol.

But anyway, that's not as bad as Drake, she had an EX skill and she died in the first round.

What does "Pioneer of the Stars" actually do, anyway? (That was it's name right?)
    Make you the Servant of Shinji?

And really Koto he is obviously Chaotic, you are really going to call him a dick because he acted in the way you expected him? Maybe hold him to the penalty if he isn't good enough to escape punishment but holding him to some standard he obviously does not believe in is pretty dickish in itself.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Make you the Servant of Shinji?

And really Koto he is obviously Chaotic, you are really going to call him a dick because he acted in the way you expected him? Maybe hold him to the penalty if he isn't good enough to escape punishment but holding him to some standard he obviously does not believe in is pretty dickish in itself.
    Indeed, Robin didn't know any other way to fight, throughout his life it was one man vs an army. He didn't have the luxury of going "lol I'm gonna fight you all head on by myself!"

He was completely human, unlike a lot of HS.

It's why I think he's so badass.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well then the Assassin class is screwed...
    Assassin is fine because he has actual fighting ability. Even though he's invisible half the time for no real reason.

Anyway I think that skill of Rider's just makes difficult voyages go well or something? Not really a battle skill.

I'm just questioning the "aw, poor thing, he had no choice but to randomly attack people, so he should be an exception to the rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Assassin is fine because he has actual fighting ability. Even though he's invisible half the time for no real reason.

Anyway I think that skill of Rider's just makes difficult voyages go well or something? Not really a battle skill.

I'm just questioning the "aw, poor thing, he had no choice but to randomly attack people, so he should be an exception to the rules!"
    Well he obviously shouldn't be pitied because he is apparently skilled enough to assassinate and snipe people. And I don't like using words like should to describe behavior. If the rules are disadvantageous to him then I personally think he has a right to not follow them if he chooses, and when he does that anyone personally invested in the rules can say "Hey, stop that" and smash his brains in with their super powers.

Blog Entries
    Well he obviously shouldn't be pitied because he is apparently skilled enough to assassinate and snipe people. And I don't like using words like should to describe behavior. If the rules are disadvantageous to him then I personally think he has a right to not follow them if he chooses, and when he does that anyone personally invested in the rules can say "Hey, stop that" and smash his brains in with there super powers.
    ^This.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    he is apparently skilled enough to assassinate and snipe people
    Except apparently not because it doesn't work, so I guess he just sucks, lol.

Blog Entries
    Except apparently not because it doesn't work, so I guess he just sucks, lol.
    Nah, Robin Hood is awesome.
    It doesn't work because you're the protagonist, ergo, plot armor.

It's the same reason Archer can't kill Shirou.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    So he plays against the rules to gain the upper hand. What if his opponent, who is hypothetically far superior, starts breaking the rules as well?
    So, the winner will be the one who knows how to break the rules better... That's not a battle, that's carnage.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If he's too weak to win one-on-one, then he shouldn't be participating in a tournament to determine who is the strongest.
    Why? Why the fuck does it matter if you kill the enemy by stealth or in an "honourable" battle? They're still dead either way. If they don't want to risk be killed, then they shouldn't have entered a tournament that involves fighting to the death.

Hell, even his Master went "excuse me wtf are you doing" and used a Command Spell to stop him.
    Then his master is an idiot. It makes no difference whether they die in the arena or in a surprise attack, they're just as dead, so why does it matter exactly how they end up that way?

nope.jpg. There are rules, he fails to abide by them.
    Anyone who abides by the "rules" in a fight to the death is a moron, plain and simple. When it's kill or be killed, you do everything in your power to ensure that you're the killer and not the victim, regardless of any "rules" which may supposedly govern the contest.

Yeah, this.

Robin Hood is Chaotic Good, not Lawful Stupid. It's totally unreasonable to expect him to conform to your concept of "honour" when he clearly does not share that concept, and it is even more unreasonable to claim he is not good because he chooses not to do so.

Indeed, Robin didn't know any other way to fight, throughout his life it was one man vs an army. He didn't have the luxury of going "lol I'm gonna fight you all head on by myself!"

He was completely human, unlike a lot of HS.

It's why I think he's so badass.
    Actually, now you're doing him a dis-service, by assuing that he only fought "dishonourably" because he knew no other way of fighting, as if fighting like that is somehow wrong.

He didn't fight like that because he had no choice (although he did indeed not have any other choice), he fought like that because it was the best way to defeat evil, and as far as he is concerned defeating evil is more important than some retarded code of honour.

Although, I will agree with you that it's a hell of a lot easier to be Chivalrous when you have a massive army to fight with, just like it's easy to complain about the enemy using Guerilla tactics when you have a billion-dollar army and they have a bunch of fanatical men with AK47s (see: Vietnam and (repeatedly) Afghanistan for examples). The rules of war in his time are almost always designed to ensure that the powerful are protected from the consequences of their actions and those without power are punished for trying to protect themselves, and even today that rings true to a certain extent. They act to entrench those already in power and to discourage rebellion, so no remotely sane rebel would ever obey them.

I'm not saying he should be an exception to the rules, I'm saying that expecting people to follow the rules in a fight to the death is just plain idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    So he plays against the rules to gain the upper hand. What if his opponent, who is hypothetically far superior, starts breaking the rules as well?
    Then the best person wins, as expected.

So, the winner will be the one who knows how to break the rules better...
    And?

Knowing how to break the rules is a perfectly valid tactic.

That's not a battle, that's carnage.
    How?

Just as many people end up dead either way, so how is it any more "carnage" than fighting in the arena is?

Why? Why the fuck does it matter if you kill the enemy by stealth or in an "honourable" battle? They're still dead either way. If they don't want to risk be killed, then they shouldn't have entered a tournament that involves fighting to the death.
    It does matter when YOU get defeated, with YOUR life in their hands.
    Anyone who abides by the "rules" in a fight to the death is a moron, plain and simple. When it's kill or be killed, you do everything in your power to ensure that you're the killer and not the victim, regardless of any "rules" which may supposedly govern the contest.
    Makes me wonder why you're not a Gil's fan.
    How?

Just as many people end up dead either way, so how is it any more "carnage" than fighting in the arena is?
    Probably because in an arena you won't find people to be used as living shields for example...
    I'm not saying he should be an exception to the rules, I'm saying that expecting people to follow the rules in a fight to the death is just plain idiotic.
    Not every Knight follows rules, and not every Rogue fights dishonourably. You must be ready for everything.
    Last edited by Keyne; May 4th, 2011 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    "Fighting to the death" is different from "getting stabbed in the back while minding your own business". Can you not understand the idea of giving both parties else an equal chance?

"lol i kil u before u can get me" is just cowardly.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It does matter when YOU get defeated, with YOUR life in their hands.
    Yes, but the same applies the other way around. Ultimately, killing people is bad. Doing so "honourably" does not make it any less bad.

Makes me wonder why you're not a Gil's fan.
    Because Gil is a mass-murdering asshole, perhaps?

And, BTW, the Grail War is not a "fight to the death", at least not for the masters. Killing masters (except in self-defense) is wrong because they don't have to die. In Extra, the losers die no matter what, so it does not matter how you defeat them.

"Fighting to the death" is different from "getting stabbed in the back while minding your own business".
    Yes, but as soon as the week starts they are already "fighting to the death". And, even if it has not, he's going to have to fight them to the death eventually, so I don't see why he should be expected to wait until they've formally acknowledged it.

Can you not understand the idea of giving both parties else an equal chance?
    Yes, and he is, by using his own skills to his advantage.

No, it's not. It's just plain logic.

However, what is cowardly is being unable to accept being defeated in a manner other than the one you expected to be. And, further, it's idiotic. Why the fuck should someone else be expected to hold to your sense of honour?

Blog Entries

Probably because in an arena you won't find people to be living shields for example...
    As far as I know he never used anyone as a human shield, the only people in there with him were you and your servant.

No, if he knows he can't beat you any other way than it's the smart efficient decision. Marching to his death for lolchilvary, while KNOWING that he can't win would be a stupid thing to do.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Yes, but the same applies the other way around. Ultimately, killing people is bad. Doing so "honourably" does not make it any less bad.
    It may change your sentence from instant death or death in tortures to confinement.
    Because Gil is a mass-murdering asshole, perhaps?

And, BTW, the Grail War is not a "fight to the death", at least not for the masters. Killing masters (except in self-defense) is wrong because they don't have to die. In Extra, the losers die no matter what, so it does not matter how you defeat them.
    Killing masters is pretty natural for some. The masters know what they're putting themselves into, so if they die it's not a problem.

Blog Entries
    *reads arguments*

Blog Entries
    It may change your sentence from instant death or death in tortures to confinement.
    No, if you went and killed a king "honorably" you would still be executed. (If they caught you, which would be a hell of a lot more likely if you killed them honorably.) It's how people view the victim that would change your sentence.

Robin Hood's style isn't cowardly so much as it is efficient. If your enemies can't deal with that, then it sucks to be them.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ultimately, killing people is bad. Doing so "honourably" does not make it any less bad.
    So just attacking someone randomly is no different from having a mutual agreement to fight.

Admit it Mike, you just get a hard-on at the idea of breaking rules.

Yes, but as soon as the week starts they are already "fighting to the death".
    No, they're preparing for their fight to the death at the end of the week. You're not even supposed to fight before then (though apparently everyone does anyway)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Since when has legality been the same as morality?

Killing masters is pretty natural for some. The masters know what they're putting themselves into, so if they die it's not a problem.
    It's still wrong to me. They're human beings, they shouldn't have to die.

No, if you went and killed a king "honorably" you would still be executed. It's how people view the victim that would change your sentence.
    Well, not quite. If you kill the king in a manner which he considers "honourable" (i.e. in battle), you'll probably be OK, because either you're a soldier from an enemy country or else a rebel who will rapidly be retroactively upgraded to national hero when the new king takes over in his place.

So just attacking someone randomly is no different from having a mutual agreement to fight.
    Attacking someone randomly who you know you will later have to fight to the death is no different from having a mutual agreement to fight them to the death, no. Further, if you decide to kill a person, it is not any better if you do so after forcing them into a duel.

Admit it Mike, you just get a hard-on at the idea of breaking rules.
    Only retarded rules, like that one.

No, they're preparing for their fight to the death at the end of the week. You're not even supposed to fight before then (though apparently everyone does anyway)
    Yeah, and his "preparation" includes ensuring that the enemy fails to turn up

Blog Entries
    It's different when this "mutual agreement" bans your way of fighting. If you were put up against Berserker, and you found a way to defeat him beforehand, while knowing that you have no way of defeating him once the agreed date of battle arrived, wouldn't you get rid of him while you can, instead of marching to your own death?

Call it cowardly if you will, but it's just tactics.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Yeah, and his "preparation" includes ensuring that the enemy fails to turn up
    Which failed.