Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay night - Fate Route

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Except nothing he said in those three words implied that at all. People are more than just one thing.
    I guess he also doesn't like it because he thought it was pandering to Saber fans. If that wasn't what he was thinking he can correct me, I was just trying to save time by not asking and then waiting for his reply.

It's what he has talked about in the past though so I thought it was fair game.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Eh, as long as you owned up to your mistake.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Except nothing he said in those three words implied that at all. People are more than just one thing.
    You understand that Mike has talked about this before, right? Extensively. We all know how he feels about Last Episode and why, we don't have to infer anything.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Would you really want Shirou spending precious text space talking about how he misses Saber in the True End of Heaven's Feel? Or even worse, seemingly unrelated text about how Saber finnally found the Grail so don't worry she's cool now?
    That would be different, because Saber is dead in HF True, whereas Sakura is still very much alive (and being tortured) in Fate. Plus, LE Shirou is supposed to be a "hero", and yet he's not shown saving one of his closest friends from a living hell. Further, LE is not an ending you get following Fate, it's an ending that you get as a "reward" for completing the whole game (i.e., most likely just after completing HF...). I don't see why it should be expected to be Saber-centric.

But, regardless of that, I still don't like it. It's totally non-sensical (there's no way Shirou could go to Avalon) and it totally destroys the message that the rest of the story gives about heroism and Shirou's ideal. It's just pointless fluff that was added because Saber fans moaned that she didn't get to be with Shirou.

But it shouldn't be that way! Just because all somebody does is talk about that one thing forever and ever, doesn't mean that's all he does! Everybody deserves as many chances as it takes.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    It's totally non-sensical (there's no way Shirou could go to Avalon)
    I may, or may not address the rest of your post at a later time when I have time to burn, but this I have to get out of the way now.

You are not the author. Deal with it. He had a magic soul overwriting sheath in him for 10 years, that sounds good enough to me (whatever the actual reason is).
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Not an expert or anything, but Merlin might still be around, and Shirou had Avalon in him, he'd projected it and knew how it worked.

It's not as far fetched as all that.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Merlin got stuck in a tree. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The fact that Nasu decreed it as possible does not mean that I have to like his blatent fanservicey retcon....

Blog Entries
    What exactly did it retcon again?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Retcon?

Far as I know, it wasn't ever stated to be impossible for Shirou/EMIYA to find his way there.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nasu is better than blatant fanservice imo.

So, you can either go by the people who say that he's better than blatant fanservice and this was the cherry on top of the F/SN sundae or you can go with me and say that he's better than blatant fanservice and proceeded to troll the fuck out of people wanting a better ending for SEIBAH.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

"WAH WHY SABER END SO SAD!"

"Lol you're right LE GET!"

Fucking Last Episode.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You understand why it came to be the way it was because of how Nasu operates. I for one have no issue with LE, because there isn't anything that says Shirou can't go there. It's just like any other ending Nasu makes, and that is perfect setups for any future installment he could possibly think of. That is just how he writes. When he gives answers in something, it's mainly, imo, to provoke inquiry, speculation, and conversation on the topic. That is why he rarely gives flat out answers.

LE is just that. How did Shirou become a hero? How did he finally find his answers? What will he and Saber do for now? He makes it to give a definite conclusion while provoking the audience with filling the holes their own way. That way, no story is the final, truest, end. Maybe to him that would mean the death of a story to give such finality to it.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    For all we know part of him becoming a hero was saving Sakura.

Fate was my favorite route. Although that partly has to do with the fact that the anime is what introduced me to the franchise and I liked it. Everything was new to me then and had a greater impact. Plus I always liked Saber best and considered that the "default" route. The other two routes were still good though.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but that's the point. We don't know. And, since LE was shown after HF, there's no reason Nasu couldn't have told us.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    That ending was just about Saber and Shirou though. It's not like it said anything about Rin or anyone else. I mean, I doubt most people thought of Sakura when they were watching it.

Since it's up in the air, just decide whatever pleases you most. If that means he saved Sakura, then go with that.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

I remember l3uster wanting a happy end for Ciel too. He said that Saber and Arc fans already got our happy endings, or something like that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well Ciel already got a Good End.

Cue rage in 3... 2..

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    I remember l3uster wanting a happy end for Ciel too. He said that Saber and Arc fans already got our happy endings, or something like that.
    Ciel has a happy end. I just want Good End to stop existing.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute