Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44449525354
Results 1,061 to 1,069 of 1069

Thread: Onigokko (IC Thread)

Blog Entries
    Tsukino Yuuta
    The Dead Fields- Park
    Time Unknown (Morning)

With each movement your body aches. Still, you'd be stupid to think sitting around and doing nothing would be the best course of action. Death is the ultimate pain. Anything else you can experience would pale in comparison to such agony. So you bear with it. You grit your teeth and fight through the pain. Ignoring your ruined joints and your aching muscles, you grab the mysterious girl by the hand and run. You run as fast as you legs can take you. It doesn't matter where... Just so long as it's not here.

There's just level land in each direction. Save for the occasional tree or rock formation, there isn't much of note when it comes to a safe hiding spot. At best, you can only find cover for now. But even that's better than laying out in the field. So, setting your eyes on a large boulder in the distance, you make your way over to it and don't look back. The monsters are behind you and you can hear their crazed howls. But, the further you run, the more distant the sounds of battle become. Not one seems to be drawing closer. It isn't until you're mere inches away from your destination that curiosity gets the better of you.

"What in the world...?"

The girl by your side takes the words right out of your mouth.

Thought there is quite some distance between you now, you can still see the battle unfolding clear as day. The two towering beast closing in on the solitary young girl, yet their efforts continuously amounting to nothing. From a technical standpoint, you can see nothing wrong with their tactics. They coordinate their attacks well and the scything motions of their arms are deadly and accurate. Honestly, had these been different circumstances, you'd be impressed that mindless beasts are capable of such skill. It's just that... their skill is wasted here.

When one beast strikes at Adelle, the young woman gracefully bends backwards and dodges the scythe by mere inches. Her motion isn't wasted either. Because, just as the second beast approaches her back and attacks, she places one hand atop the blade, tucks in her legs, and flips through the crossing blades. One of the lumbering giants catches this and moves to counter, but once again Adelle dodges by sliding between the giant's legs. Furthermore...

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

The beast roars as Adelle's blade slices clean through one of its legs.

With each motion she makes, she has a second motion waiting. With each evasive maneuver she performs, she attacks. At the same time, she uses the difference in their size to her advantage. Utilizing her small build to slip through the cracks in her opponent's attacks while also continuously moving into their blind spots... It's almost as if she's dancing with the beasts as she carves them up. But there's more...

Enraged by Adelle's minuscule- but plentiful- attacks, the twin beasts begin to rain down blows on the girl in a desperate attempt to end her life. However, Adelle continues to avoid their attacks with ease. It's remarkable really... Her speed is noteworthy for sure, but even you know that alone wouldn't be enough to slip through so many attacks. No... There's more to it...

"The rain..." Once again, the girl next to you speaks up, "I think she's using the rain to move like that..."

It's crazy. Downright impractical even... But your eyes don't lie to you. Staying on all fours as much as she can, you can see Adelle slipping and sliding across the flooded surface. Her movements are very much like a lizard running through water and the amount of control she exhibits over her direction isn't something you can just manage by thinking about it. No... This is the result of grueling survival...

The creature to Adelle's left roars and attacks. Adelle does not move. Rather, she is unable to. Caught at the precise moment she's coming out of a successful dodge, there is no way the mage has enough time to shift her weight and get out of the way. But there is no panic. Because she knows she can't dodge everything, she has already taken steps to make up for this shortcoming.

The monster's scythe cleaves the air with little resistance; however, it misses its mark. Instead of hitting the crouching girl, what it ends up hitting instead is one of the corpses she managed to reanimate earlier. While a bit grizzly, she has managed to move it to act as a shield. This not only gives her just enough time to get out of dodge, but...

It also serves as the setup for her next attack.

Quickly carving the lower half of her shield into pieces, the girl flings the visceral bits at her prey as the leeches inside are set free. The possessed flesh hits the creatures body with a series of sickening thuds before the entire area is filled with an orchestra of explosions.

The creature lets out one final cry before it falls silent. It's arms go limp. Its legs give out. Then, what's left of its body falls pathetically into a heap on the ground.

Just like that, one giant has fallen.

Realizing that its kin has been slain, the remaining monster takes a step back and cautiously observes Adelle. Likewise, the young girl rises to stand on two feet and menacingly stares down the beast.

"She...She might actually do it-!"

The girl at your arm shouts out with a bit of glee. Her previous fear understandably diminished.

Seeing such a display, you can't help but be in awe of Adelle's abilities. Not only in her physical prowess, but also in her judgement and resourcefulness. She's strong. There's no way you can deny that. But still... How long can someone maintain that level of ability?
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Vritra's Avatar
    Yuuta Tsukino
    The Dead Fields Ė Park
    Time Unknown (Morning)

Ha, ha ha haaaÖ I think I really overdid it this time. The aching in my shoulders causes me to wince as I desperately pray under my breath that there will be no permanent harm done. How I wish, oh how I wish that nothing had changed and that I was still back home. No matter how frustrating it is, no matter how hard Iíve cursed this sad fate it has never once budged to accommodate me. There is a simple truth to the world and that is that humans are frail, the body is easily harmed and takes a long period to restore itself to full condition Öif it can even do that. I shouldnít push myself I should simply take it easy and rest after confirming that nothing is out of place anymore. YetÖ Yet, yet, yet YET HOW CAN I STOP NOW!?

The answer is simple I canít, I have lost my ability to step off this foolish path even though the only hope for surviving lies in abandoning it ÖI canít even curse this fate anymore for it is something I have chosen. Beyond a desire to face my ancestors with pride and beyond following the guidance of the gods towards virtue I simply think this is ĎRightí. Staring as the deadly dance I can only wonder what sort of life or battlefield would have led to such a style or even such monstrous creatures, the skill displayed by both parties is simply feels wrong, like a whisper of madness will crawl through my ear into my heart if I try to contemplate everything. Yet contemplate I do, expand my vision and hone my awareness, repeating the timeless mantra of combat in my head I rest my hand upon the hilt of my sword to steady this weeping and weak heart of mine.

Skating on water Adelle provides a display of judgement, ability and resourcefulness that is equal parts inspiring and frightening yet in the end it is not the mesmerizing display of beastly skill that has my rapt attention. It is the simple and brutal arithmetic of the fight, Adelleís entire style in this fight revolves around supplementing her defensive and offensive power with those corpse puppets and explosions. If she were to run out then the only way to make up for difference in physical capacities would be to sacrifice her own health. One monster down, that many corpses destroyed in the processÖ Ha ha ha haÖ How can I stop now? Itís such an insidious question for not only has the answer been reached before I even spoke it but it boggles my mind how horrible and foolish the ideas that it conjures are once I stop to think about it. Didnít Adelle say she doesnít pick fights she knows she canít win, how could I help? I, who couldnít even take a proper draw, I, who now has injured his shoulder joints it truly makes me want to laugh out loud. How many swings can I manage like this, five, three maybe less? Yet here I am refusing to see the truth of the situation. I will only be a hindrance and I will only get myself killed yet I canít change this course of action the depth of my foolishness is staggering I probably deserve every misfortune I experience donít I.

"She...She might actually do it-!"

ďYeah she probably willÖĒ

Turning back to the blessing and proof that maybe, just maybe those foolish dreams might yield something I taker her hands and smiling reassured I hold her gaze with mine. ďSee, as long as we're alive our future can be changed so, please, donít lose hope itís too early for us to give up.Ē Now comes the unpleasant part. ďI realize this is a shameful thing to ask and Iím sorry for having to ask this of you but I need you to do it please disregard my life and your concern about my safety. Iím sure itís, uh, fairly obvious but Iím kinda, sorta, a giant idiot who canít stop himself from jumping head first into something when I get worked up and Iím about to do that in just a bit. I understand this and I am prepared for the consequences of my actions as I foolishly try to help others but having other people pay for my mistakes isÖĒ A bitter smile crosses my lips as I speak the following words. ďWell itís the worst thing, I want everyone else to smile so if they end hurting because I tried to help them it leaves me with nothing and while I donít think Adelle actually needs my help at all but I canít bring myself to abandon her. She might be... uh, rather scary and stuff but she choose to believe in me and even put herself at risk to save me from the horrible situation I got myself into by jumping head first in without much of a plan so I justÖ I canít abandon her. But please donít worry you should be fine here just donít let your awareness of your surroundings waver and keep your head down. Everyth-Ē The words die as my brain catches up with my big mouth. Everything includes me and Iím about to throw away my safety for a foolís errand. ď-You will be just fine, just breathe and remain calm here and as long as I am able I will strive to not let and ounce of harm befall you, I might be an idealistic idiot who only wishes he could be a hero but I intend to follow that wish with all my soul no matter where it might take me.

Closing my eyes to take a breath to stead myself I smile one last time with everything I have in hopes that it might reassure her before I turn back to the battlefield. It hurts, what if I lose ability to hold a sword, why am I so weak, Iím scared, Iím so, so scared. Yet despite the fears and pains hammering my chest in sync to the beating of my heart I crouch and carefully move forward. The terrain might be incredibly disadvantageous to stealth yet hope might not be lost. Keeping as low a profile as possible, using what cover I can and shadowing the blind angles of the fight while avoiding movement when I can tell i'm in sight I try to muster all the stealth I can. A fight, especially one like this is distracting and that is just my chance. I believe that Adelle can handle this just fine but if the opportunity arises I must be in a place to launch a surprise attack. What a horrible game of red light, green light is.

Expand my vision, hone my awareness and strike true. Come monster I shall show you that the strength I have cultivated all my life is not weak or helpless. The blade of my swordsmanship shall cut down all the dead ends before me. I DECLARE UPON MY NAME THAT I WILL REALIZE THE DREAM THAT RESIDES WITHIN THIS MOONLIT BLADE!

-Special Actions-
    Scout? Recon?

Iím not sure if it would be useful in this situation but if it is then yeah one of those! Sorry Sei Iíve forgotten a lot.

Blog Entries
    Manny Slayne
    The Floodflow- Basin Square
    Time Unknown (Morning)

You scavenge for what little scraps you can find. Searching the boy's remains, little chunks of meat and scraps of bone roll over your fingers. Crimson fluid steadily seeps out from the wounds. A dark, wet crust accumulates beneath your nails.

The glory of the kill beckons you. Even now as you try to regain your composure and return to be just plain 'Manny'. The warm touch of a man's flesh is dark and pervasive. But the smell and the taste of his blood is sweet... Intoxicating... Like a fine wine.

You try to resolve yourself to just searching the body... But, as you become more aware of yourself, you find that your search has resulted in you digging into the meat even more.

A pair of dog tags falls into your palm. You almost mistake it for a tender vein.

A pocket knife brushes against your knuckles. Though you're not entirely sure how it found itself lodged in his ribs.

After a few moments, you simply lose track of what you're even doing anymore. It almost becomes something of a game to you. Picking bits and pieces of shrapnel out... Trying to figure out what's useful and what's not. It's calming. Soothing. Empowering... But you don't allow yourself to be lulled too far into this trancelike state. Not yet...

You stand. At your feet is the remains of a man that looks like a buzzard picked him apart. A macabre landmark to signify your most recent victory. And, as further proof, you've managed to obtain a few spoils. A pair of dogtags, a swiss army knife, a belt, some gloves, and four rounds of ammunition to go with your new sidearm. To most, these items might seem like a modest harvest, but you know better. You can see the value of these insignificant, mundane items.

Given a bit more time, you're confident you can make further use of this boy's person; however, it's time to move on. There are sounds closing in on you from every which direction. No doubt drawn by the sound of the explosion. And there is still the matter of ridding yourself of this bloodstained image before regrouping with the others...

...Furthermore, it's probably not wise to just let that girl get away. Whether she's an enemy or not is irrelevant at this point. You attacked her and you killed her friend. So it only makes sense to track her down before she can cause trouble for you and the others.

Manny feels a slight surge of power.
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers

Blog Entries
    =Intermission
    ???, Park
    Time Unknown (Morning)

The lone silver-haired magus sits idly on a large stone. Though her legs swing like a child's, her expression is one of disappointment, frustration, and annoyance. With a single bullet placed between her thumb and index finger, she holds it high above her head and observes it from every angle. She's thorough, meticulous, and even double checks her work. However, once it becomes apparent that she will not find what she's looking for, she casually tosses the bullet down to the ground- allowing it to join the generous pile of stolen ammunition.

Her eyes narrow. Her expression intensifies. Bringing both arms behind her, she leans back and makes herself more comfortable as she lowers her vision. Once her sight is even with the horizon, the effects of a large, fiery explosion can be seen far off in the distance. Nakami Nao doesn't even have to think twice about what this means. In all her years within this dark world, she has known only one thing to generate such an effect. Or rather, one person.

Nao stares long and hard at the unnatural event. She takes note of its lingering effect and burns it into her eyes- nails scraping against stone as she balls her hand up into a fist. But, just as she's about to betray the image she has created for herself, a single footstep pulls her back from her impending rage.

She looks down. Her eyes cold, unmoving, and unfeeling. But once she sees the face of the boy in black- accompanied by his tiger- that cold-heartedness is blown away by shock.

The boy notices Nao's nostalgic gaze, but does not say anything. Instead, he opts to remain silent until the magus can regain her composure and return to reality. And, after a brief pause, she indeed does. Putting on a sad smile, she turns away and laughs quietly to herself.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that..."

Nao's voice is quiet and defeated. Something that is unlike the Nao many have come to know. But, for the mysterious boy- the one they call Ou- this is the only Nakami Nao he knows.

"Whenever you come looking for me, I fear for my future," Nao jokes and laughs, but she does a poor job of concealing her unease. Even still, she looks back to the boy with calm yet shaken eyes, "So? What is it you want with me, Harbinger?"

The boy in black still says nothing. He just continues to meet Nao's eyes with his own, maintaining the same position as when he first arrived.

Naturally, this causes Nao to become more on guard. Her posture quickly straightens up and her eyes become more keen on the boys movements. Still, she's mindful not to make any movements that might hint at hostility.

"What is it...?"

Nao repeats herself, albeit with a more hushed tone.

To this, the boy finally breaks eye contact with her and looks off into the distance. Not in the direction of the explosion, but in a seemingly random direction obscured by the woods.

"That... Is that your doing?"

The boy is concise, yet vague. However, despite this, Nao immediately picks up on what exactly he's referring to. Having lived in this world for so long, she knows it almost as well as the back of her hand. So it's only natural that she knows there is a small group of survivors fighting a battle off in that particular direction.

Ou's eyes move back to meet Nao's. His gaze is sharp, piercing, analytical, and frighteningly cold. Eyes that she never thought she would be on the receiving end of. But, now that she is, it's causing a sharp pang to go through her heart.

"...Have you come to kill me, Harbinger?"

There is no need in beating around the bush. Confirming or denying her hand in the events taking place would just be a bit of a formality. The Harbinger of Death already knows the answer. So, instead, Nakami Nao simply asks the more pressing question. And that's whether or not her visitor has come to take her life or not.

Again, the boy is silent.

He looks on with unmoving eyes as the young mage readies herself for the worst. All the while, Ou's eyes seem to peer deeper and deeper into her soul.

"No," His answer finally comes after a long pause, "As it stands, you're none of my concern."

Leaving the conversation at that, the boy finally turns away from Nao and leaves her to her own devices. Continuing on, he starts to make his way past Nao's perch and into the forest beyond. His tiger, shortly follows.

"My business today is elsewhere."

And just like that, the boy and his familiar vanish. Just as quietly and suddenly as they had appeared.

Nao continues to look on for a moment, trying to confirm his presence for herself. Once she's sure that he's no longer in the area, she takes a much needed sigh of relief before bringing a hand up to her racing heart. She grits her teeth, clutches at her chest, and slowly rises to her feet.
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Manny Slayne
    The Floodflow- Basin Square
    Time Unknown (Morning)

Red. Red. Red and beautiful and sweet. Not just the body. Not even the kill.

...well, not just the kill.

It was death itself that was wonderful. To kill something was to own it. By dying, this other “beast” was now Manny’s forever. Manny had never owned a person before. He had been forced for so long to be content with little, lesser things. Hunting, fishing, killing, all glory and gory and delicious, but this…

This had been so much more. To capture a human, to feast upon his final moments, nourishment of the soul itself...it filled him with an ecstasy no woman’s body would ever provide.

...or well, heh, not in the traditional fashion. Manny felt his teeth rise over his canines without conscious thought as he tracked the other girl’s point of egress. The other beast had given his life to save her. Did he love her? In that case…

He would unite them. In Manny...in the Beast…

They would be together forever.

There was only one thing he needed to do first. One did not hunt easily with a broken claw. The gun Manny had obtained had 4 bullets he had found on the body...but there was a significant problem.

Manny had never actually fired a real gun before. Japanese hunting laws were very rigid, as were the firearm laws. And his olympian training had not even included rifles, focusing more on training his powerful body. In other words…

...the hell does this thing work?

Manny loaded the magazine easily enough. It wasn't too hard to figure out that the sharper looking edges of the bullets needed to be printed in the same direction of the muzzle. Cocking the weapon took some figuring out, but he had seen enough american action movies to know that you had to pull back on the top part in order to actually load a bullet into the part...the…

Something…

Manny couldn't remember the name of the process, but knew it had to be done before it would fire. So he did. The gun responded with a rather satisfying click. Nice.

In the brief amount of time before a few of Wonderland’s more frolicsome beasties came out to play, Manny kicked a skull fragment into a corner of the room and took aim. Then, after resisting the urge to wince, as if the new and heavy device in his hand might simply explode, he pulled the trigger.

….and nothing happened. It took a long second for manny to consciously unclench muscles that had tensed up in fear of the unknown. The thought crossed his mind that he had hit the beast with the firearm extremely hard. Was it broken?

Manny examined the device quickly, aware if it had been destroyed by the impact there was little he could do to repair it. He was half resigned to using it as a club when his eyes noticed a little button near the trigger that protruded slightly. Another flash of yankee movies went through his mind, a number of villains had been felled due to the safety being on. With growing confidence, Manny thumbed the trigger, finding the grip design made it very easy to hit the trigger with the same hand that secured the weapon, certainly an intentional design choice.

Without really thinking about it, Manny swung the barrel around again and pulled the trigger half expecting another failure.

ANd then the room seemed to go white. Manny’s sensitive ears almost seemed to cringe against his skull in disgust, the pure sound of the discharge HURT, Manny had thought it was supposed to be a little pop or something! Further, there seemed to be a consistent and high pitched ringing, like someone had left a phone off the hook off the hook but on the inside of his head.

Manny was about half way to swearing off firearms entirely when his eyes alighted on a completely fragmented bit of white and red came to rest between his feet. Manny knew how hard you had to hit a skull to break through bone (because he had just done so) so it did not escape his understanding of just how easily and quickly he had just delivered an attack that would kill a man.

Simple...and beautiful...Manny thought, looking at the gun with newfound respect. He tucked it behind him into his waistband where it would be easy to grab without being to obvious behind his back. Gathering up the rest of the gear, Manny took off. His destination was abundantly obvious. The beast would never let “Manny” make another choice. Sakuya and the others called to him…

But they could wait. Or they could not. It didn’t matter. Inside Manny, inside the beast…

… soul called out for reunion. Manny simply jumped from the window to the ground floor, taking the three story drop easily on powerful legs and a roll to divert his momentum, Manny’s first act was to examine the impact point of the ground. The girl had simply been tossed bodily outside, without warning. In a way anny almost hoped she hadn't twisted an ankle or something upon impact, that would be to easy.

...No...he wanted to savor this. He wanted to stalk her. He wanted to see her. He wanted her to have time to hate herself for being the one to live. He wanted to watch her hate herself for being saved without saving anything. He wanted her to desire punishment…

...So that he might deliver it. The other boy’s death had been wonderful. But Manny thought if the girl’s last thoughts as Manny cut her life’s blood was “ah...I deserve this…”

She might be even better prey.

Again his teeth rose over his lips in a garish and frightful imitation of a grin as he began following the girls tracks away from the sight of where a hero had fought a monster...and the monster had won.

...Oh, thats right. You called that little hand motion that loads the bullet “chambering the round.” Manny had knew he would think of it eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Troph, Rolanda, Evgenia, & Akira
    Park, Outside Office Building
    Time Unknown (Morning)

A rain of light. A torrent of spears. The sound of blind judgement.

With relative ease, a single spell is conjured that brings forth one-sided destruction. There isn't even time to respond. There is merely light. Then there is sound. And it's immediately followed by fury.

Dozens of blasts collide with the earth and tear it apart. Each spear hits with the force of a single hand grenade and they continue to fall like raindrops. The ground turns into stones. Stones turn to pebbles and pebbles into dust. As the ancient spell bathes the scene in its divine light, the silhouettes of a single girl and her guardian burn within.

Haruka suffers 65 damage.
    Haruka suffers 57 damage.
    Haruka suffers 33 damage.
    Mobius suffers 81 damage.
    Mobius suffers 63 damage.
    Haruka suffers 33 damage.

It's a complete massacre.

The two entities quickly disperse within the cage of light. Offering up even less resistance than the ground beneath your feet, you watch as they are decisively eliminated within mere moments. Limbs severed by the fall and immediately evaporated by the orchestra of explosions... Put simply, you blink and it's over. It's total overkill. And though the spell persists for a bit longer, there is nothing left to torment but the relenting earth. One could even say that the excessive force is merely there to drive home a point.

The light fades. The tremors lose strength. When all is said and done, all that remains is scorched earth. A frightening crater that would leave one to believe a house had just been leveled.

-̷̙͙͍ͤ̌-̵̘̪̹̻̼̓̀ͅ-̰͍̯̣̾͑̍̌͒̋͆͗̀͟-̵̷͍̮͙̗ͦ̔͡-͓̳ͧͭ̓̚͢-̺̜̖̝̮̆ͫͬ̆͌͛̐-̎ͮͦͬ̋̀҉̨͓ͅ-̨̙̹̜̱͂ͪ̀ͅ-̵̱̩̩͈͎͔̊͂̓̆ͤ̐ͣ́ͮ͠-̠͙͌̅̚͢-̴̠̦̣͖̰͚̠̣̓͑̒̅ͭͮ͌͛ͥ̕͞-̲̟̝̼̼͌̑̐̈̆͊͂͡-̗͂̓̈ͥ̉͐́ͨ́͡-̴̑ͧ̆͛҉̤̞̱̮̘ͅ-̸̞̜̪̖̿̄̉̐́͡-̷̴̛͕̜͎͈̮͔̥ͪ̅ͣ̌̃̏ͭͅ-̟̤̟̼̦̑͊͂͛̎̒͠-͕ͭͪ̍͛̍͠-̓͂̿ͮ͏͎͉-̛̫͍̘̝̣̳̓ͪ̇-̡̣̲̰̲̗̞̲̜͒̾͘-̴̬̙ͩͯ̄͂ͮ̽̅͠-̶̗̣͆̈́ͤ͡-̷̛͕̜̳̲̳̼̟̜͇ͩ͐ͥͥͩ-̸̋͊ͮ̓͘҉̼̭͍͔-̢̻̹͍͚̫͚͇̏͗ͬ̌̋̅ͭ͐̐-̪̟̞͐̈́̀̄̅ͮ͘-͕̲͍̰ͦ́͆͋ͥ͘-͚̗͍̺̠͕̬ͭ̽͐͆̂́̂ͦ̃ͅ-̡̠̺͕̝̻̝̯̠ͩ̍̑̆͌ͦ̈̕-̷̭̯̤ͧ́ͅ-̱̻̖̼̻̉͗̑̓̑̎̌-ͬ̿҉̼̗͔͍͓̪-͔̣͚̤̯̭̖̂͐ͤ̏ͨ͋ͨ͑ͦ͘͜

But then you blink and the crater is gone.

It was only a moment- No... Less than a moment, but you could have sworn you heard a sound. Static? A roar? An explosion of wind? It's almost indescribable; however, you're certain it was there... Nevertheless, the notable lack of a vacant lot isn't the only thing that's off. Because, sitting just a few feet away, is none other than Kuromusi Haruka.

Slumped down on her knees, it doesn't even seem like she's aware of your presence. In fact, it doesn't even seem like she's aware of... anything. Her eyes remain vacant and distant while her mouth lays slightly agape. With her head angled down towards the ground, it's almost as if someone turned out all the lights.

It takes you a moment to adjust to what just took place. And, in that time, it seems as though Haruka regains some of her faculties. Though it isn't much, her left hand twitches and her eyes begin to move shortly after. She draws in a single, weak breath and -at this time- the gray beast materializes from thin air like before.

"It... happened again..."

Haruka's lip move very subtly, barely giving form to these three words.

As if responding to this, the gray figure kneels down next to her and aggressively takes hold of her head. Motioning her so that her eyes may meet yours, it examines her vacant stare. However, just as soon as it does this, it turns to face you and the others- an intense hostility emanating from its featureless visage.

The creature releases Haruka, letting her limp body slump back to the ground. Then it stands, the air around it actively growing denser. Placing itself between you and the girl, you start to feel an ominous force drifting down atop your shoulders.

All values have been returned to the start of the previous turn.

Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed

Mobius, the Adjudicator
    HP (10), M.DEF (0), EVA (10)
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers

Blog Entries
    Rolanda A. Knox
    Park, Outside the Office Building
    Time Unknown (Morning)

"OH COME ON!"

Great is the ire that rises from the small detective as she stares at the receding form of Haruka and who-knows-what-the-hell monster that just sprouted from her like a bad case of acne. If possible, her ears would be blowing off steam right now as if akin to a cartoon. Indeed, she was fuming. She was miffed. She was irritated. Yet most of all, she was above and beyond frustrated. For someone to just shrug off the crimes leveled against her, especially when so great and many in number, was an insult she could not forgive. Not against her, no; against the concept of
    True Doctrine
    Justice
    itself. Anything that did not adhere to the Justice that governed all things was nothing but a base animal, no, not even that. Animals cannot go against justice, for they are incapable of committing crimes. They simply follow their nature. For something to go against Justice even when capable of understanding it, and ignore her crimes...

Well, that was nothing more than a cowardly criminal, too determined to imagine herself a victim.

But if that were not enough, the grand showcase of Troph's spells, a veritable cannonfire from the heavens that scorches the earth leaving naught but destruction in its wake, is denied all the same. A momentary burst of static in reality and everything returns back to square one. Once more results of what happened are denied, nay, ignored but Haruka and her parasite-like sidekick. Even if Rolanda could feel the heat of destruction radiating from the blast zone all the way to where she was, it had not been enough.

Or, perhaps, it was incorrect to say that it was 'not enough'. Indeed, it had been enough to make complete mockery out of the grotesque pet and her owner. Yet, like a stubborn child that demands a 'do-over' from the game when she loses, she flipped over the table, outraged, and returned everything to the starting positions.

If there was one thing that Rolanda despised, it was sore losers.

"What sort of bloody wanker are you!? Are you that much into pseudo-existential navel-gazing that you are incapable of rational thought!? 'Might as well kill you'!? Sod off you Hindenburg-sized hypocrite! If you're that much into killing, kill yourself! Save us all the trouble and jump off a cliff! Hang from a ceiling fan! Eat a cyanide pill! Go play in the oncoming traffic like the bloody entitled child that you are!" Rolanda roared as she shook her fist at the
    coward
    monster
    "Even with that third-rate, low-budget Japanese horror-movie monster growing from you, you're just as you've always been, Haruka! The reason why there was never an inkling of respect when I called you 'club president', the reason why I never saw you as a leader of any type... it was this! This very thing! 'Me, me, me' is all I hear between every line that you utter! Kuromusi Haruka, even in this world, even when strapped to power that makes you oh-boo-hoo-woe-is-me-immortal, you are once again a petulent child refusing to believe the reality does not, in fact, revolve around you and what ails you!"

It was if some sort of switch had been flipped inside the mach-speed mind of the little detective. Instead of her usual bile and crooked menace, she was speaking with power, poise and a tone full of indignation. This was not a perceived personal slight against her or petty cruelty that was usually spouted from the frothing mouth of the sadistic teenager. This time, and perhaps just this once, Rolanda spoke with fury that stemmed from something righteous, something she believed in and something she saw Haruka's bloated self-pity encroach upon.

Rolanda did not spit fire and venom because she was angry. She did so because she was disgusted.

"So hear me and understand, Haruka! The next time you want us to clean up the mess that you yourself went and caused in the first place...!" Rolanda shouted, eyes flaming. "Learn to wipe your own bloody ass already, you child! In other words, take some FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY for the FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE!"

Then, as if that had consumed most of her energy for the moment, Rolanda relaxed the best she could, her breath heavy and ragged. She leaned her head back just a bit, letting the wind cool of her sweating forehead. That outburst, as unlikely as it had been, had taken some toll on the small detective; at least emotionally. She needed a moment to gather her mental fortitude.

So, perhaps, that was why it took all five seconds more of her to realize that Kurogane Akira was carrying her - Princess Style.

"Wha..." Rolanda's voice squeaked uncharacteristically. "Wha, wha, wha, wha...!"

For a moment the blue-haired detective could simply stare at the taller girl. Her eyes began to swirl in her head, and her lower lip seemed to vibrate up and down at amazing speeds. There were not many things that could take the self-proclaimed Intellectual Rapist by surprise, yet 'lo and behold, one of these things had been accidentally discovered in the middle of a daring escape.

Therefore, it was no wonder that Rolanda did not know how to act. It was no wonder that her usual bravado of cruelty refused to function properly. It was no wonder that her first instinct wasn't to slap the taste out of Akira's mouth.

It was, however, a wonder that Rolanda's facade suffered an immediate shutdown of magnificent proportions, revealing, perhaps for the first time, something actually resembling a teenage girl from beneath.

A terribly embarrassed and a terribly confused teenage girl. One whose cheeks went up red like wildfire in Santa's workshop.

"What th' bludy heel dae ye hink yoo're daein' Kurogane!? Since when was it okay fur ye tae jist 'a'ight-let's-go' scoop me up loch thes!? Aam nae a damn sack ay tatties ye can jist lug aroond ye brute!" Rolanda screamed in a voice that was remarkably more high-pitched than her trained tone of a cruel intellectual.

Incidentally, it also looked like Rolanda, when extremely flustered, was unable to keep up her accent anymore, reverting to nigh incomprehensible Scottish drawl that was natural to her. Something that the group, and especially Akira, got to hear for the first time.

"This is a crime! Shameless crime! A crime against aw cuttie fowk everywhaur ye bludy amazon! I'll cuff ye! Cuff ye an' flin' ye intae a prison, shoot th' key tae th' moon an' moon intae th' sun!"

It was then that Rolanda's eyes fell to Akira's other hand which was, because of the princess carry, somewhere very near the blue-haired girl's skirt and... other areas. Backside, to be exact.

"AIN WHAUR DAE YE HINK YE OTHER HAIN IS YE BLOODY PERVERT!?"

This time, Rolanda's eyes were in tears. Another first for today.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; Yesterday at 08:53 PM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ishimaru Sakuya
    The Floodflow- Gong's Wake
    Time Unknown (Morning)

There is a corpse before Ishimaru Sakuya.

A corpse.

There is a corpse before her.

And...

It is the corpse of her friend.

"I... I..."

There's nothing to say. There's no words that can possibly take back what just happened. Dead. Dead. Dead. There's nothing going through her mind as she stares at a person covered in the blood of someone who had been breathing just a second ago.

It's blank.

Everything's blank.

This world is kill or be killed, isn't it?

It's definitely not the kind of world suited for a person like her. There's no possible way it could be misconstrued as a place for someone like her.

"But... wasn't he your friend?"

It's a stammer, a stammer that exits from her lips as she stared at a person who she thought could be her friend.

"You can't... you can't just..."

Mustering up all her courage in an instant, a bow formed in her hand, swirling mana into a form that could be used, the only weapon she knew how to use.

"You can't just act like none of that happened! You can't just ask me my name after you ki... ki... kill someone!"

It's a world where anything can happen. And in a world where anything can happen...

Even a person like Ishimaru Sakuya can summon the courage to rage at it.

"It's... it's not fair! It's totally not fair of you in any way! How can you be so polite and kind one instant and... and the next..."

Dead.

A corpse, where Katsumata Keigo once stood. Where he lectured her. Where he rolled his eyes and scoffed at her innocence. It wasn't...

It wasn't fair at all.

"Is that what this world really is?! Just... just a way for people to lash out and hurt each other!? That's... that's not right! I won't let it be like that! There's no reason for it... For it to be such a horrible place!"

There's too much blood. There's too much blood to reattach Katsumata Keigo, to make him into a person again. There's too much pain to salvage Yuma. There's too much emptiness to remake Ishimaru Sakuya.

But in a way, that was the world that they had walked into.

And it was the world Ishimaru Sakuya deeply despised.

"Unfair. It's unfair. It's unfair it's unfair it's unfair it's unfair."

There's no resetting. There's no cheer that can revitalize the dead. And even as the mana leaves Katsumata Keigo's body, Sakuya cannot do anything but watch it, watch the thin tendrils that once made up a person fade from existence.

"How... how am I supposed to react? What am I supposed to do?"

But, there's always one action. There's always one thing she could do, as she stares at the bow in her hands. But...

She can't.

She's too afraid to shoot at this person she doesn't know.

She watches the bow fade from existence, glaring at the person standing in front of her.

"I'm... I'm Ishimaru. Ishimaru Sakuya. And... I... I..."

She stares at him, as the Yuma's screams fade into the background of existence, as tendrils of mana flicker and fade around her.

"I think this warped, diseased world could be far better then it is."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it
    [01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Ishimaru Sakuya
    The Floodflow- Gong's Wake
    Time Unknown (Morning)

You rise. For the first time in what seems like forever, you rise and voice your anger. Before you even realize it, your voice is cast out for all the world to hear and the people take note. Gazing at you with a mixture of shock and bewilderment, you feel all eyes on you as strength starts to well up inside.

Most of all, Nagato hears your words. His eyes became fixed on you the second you shouted out and have not left you since. He observes, but more importantly he listens intently to everything you say. At first, it doesn't seem like he has any kind of response. However, as your words continue to go further, a sharper expression consumes his face. It's hard to pin, in a way. Though the intensity he displays gives the impression of anger, you don't feel like that's necessarily it. It isn't until you finish saying your piece that you begin to understand this look. When you finish, the boy's expression softens - slightly- as he turns to look down at Keigo's body.

"Girl... You really shouldn't get involved in matters that don't concern you."

Once again, his tone is calm and polite. Though hints of aggravation come through in his words, it's clear that even now he bears you no ill will.

"...I won't deny any of what you said. From your viewpoint, I'm sure that's how this all seems. This world is violent. this world is senseless. This world is unfair. I won't deny you any of your words because I can see the purity of them all clearly."

Nagato falls silent for a moment. His eyes seemingly drifting off to a far-away place.

"And you're right in saying... that Katsu-kun was my friend."

Speaking in a rather downcast tone, Nagato glances over at Yuma- sharing a moment of direct eye contact- before directing his attention back at you.

"But, girl... You should also understand that your viewpoint is severely limited to what you know. This world has changed us. Forced us to change. And led us to commit atrocity after atrocity just for the sake of ourselves and the people we hold dear."

On that, Nagato's thoughts seemingly trail off before quickly snapping back to reality. With a look of determination, he turns to face you as if to answer your resolve.

Meanwhile, seeing all this, Yuma opens her mouth as if to speak; however, nothing ever comes of it. Instead, a look of horror fills her eyes before slowly turning her head down towards the ground.

"...You say there's no reason for any of it. Logically, I'd like to agree with you. However..."

Raising a single hand, Nagato faces you with aggression for the first time. Extending a single finger, he clearly designates you as his target.

"I'm not as optimistic as you. Not anymore."

Nagato's words reach you with a stinging intensity and, the next moment, your body is flying backwards through the air.

The attack is so fast that you don't even realize what happened. You just know that something happened and the blue demon was behind it.

After several seconds in the air, you finally crash back down to solid ground with a sickening thud. But the force of the attack still sends you tumbling head-over-heels several times before coming to a proper stop. It is only then that the pain starts to set in.

Sakuya suffers 10 damage.

Struggling to recover, you lift your head from the dirt to find yourself in a new area. Neither Yuma nor Keigo are anywhere to be seen. Instead, there is only you and the boy dressed in black.

"Ho...?"

Stepping forward, Nagato raises a brow as if taking note of something. He observes your fragile form, giving you ample time to pick yourself up. But, as you start to regain your bearings, he lifts his hand again as if in preparation for another attack.

"You should stay down. I have no desire to kill an innocent bystander. However, if you insist on bearing your fangs at me, I won't hesitate to put you down."
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers