“Now, now, Fukuda-san. Surely the president has a reason to not include the other two”, Rolanda said with a sweet tone. “We are High School students, after all. Elementary level mathematics should be possible for all, no?”
-" I bet that's why Fukuda-san is interested on it in the very first place, and why I'm also intrigued about it as well."

It was his way of saying "Shut up, I'm not as clever as you, and that's precisely why I'm trying to listen."

Thump thump. Thump thump.

He could hardly hear or feel himself. After the President's words, he couldn't help but feel something was amiss. Technically, a non-magus should not be able to make a circle. Technically, a ritual circle should not work just because. Yet, that person had once warned him that there was no "no way", even in the modern age, if one ventured enough into the places where darkness was the last thing to worry about.

It won't work. It won't work, right? So, why the fuck am I sweating like a goddamned pig? Calm down man, just walk to the circle, see how it fails, and go back home. Makes sense huh? Come on. And...

If it happens, I've got no choice but to stand up and survive, no matter what.