Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4444952535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1082

Thread: Onigokko (IC Thread)

  1. #1061
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Tsukino Yuuta
    The Dead Fields- Park
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    With each movement your body aches. Still, you'd be stupid to think sitting around and doing nothing would be the best course of action. Death is the ultimate pain. Anything else you can experience would pale in comparison to such agony. So you bear with it. You grit your teeth and fight through the pain. Ignoring your ruined joints and your aching muscles, you grab the mysterious girl by the hand and run. You run as fast as you legs can take you. It doesn't matter where... Just so long as it's not here.

    There's just level land in each direction. Save for the occasional tree or rock formation, there isn't much of note when it comes to a safe hiding spot. At best, you can only find cover for now. But even that's better than laying out in the field. So, setting your eyes on a large boulder in the distance, you make your way over to it and don't look back. The monsters are behind you and you can hear their crazed howls. But, the further you run, the more distant the sounds of battle become. Not one seems to be drawing closer. It isn't until you're mere inches away from your destination that curiosity gets the better of you.

    "What in the world...?"

    The girl by your side takes the words right out of your mouth.

    Thought there is quite some distance between you now, you can still see the battle unfolding clear as day. The two towering beast closing in on the solitary young girl, yet their efforts continuously amounting to nothing. From a technical standpoint, you can see nothing wrong with their tactics. They coordinate their attacks well and the scything motions of their arms are deadly and accurate. Honestly, had these been different circumstances, you'd be impressed that mindless beasts are capable of such skill. It's just that... their skill is wasted here.

    When one beast strikes at Adelle, the young woman gracefully bends backwards and dodges the scythe by mere inches. Her motion isn't wasted either. Because, just as the second beast approaches her back and attacks, she places one hand atop the blade, tucks in her legs, and flips through the crossing blades. One of the lumbering giants catches this and moves to counter, but once again Adelle dodges by sliding between the giant's legs. Furthermore...

    "▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

    The beast roars as Adelle's blade slices clean through one of its legs.

    With each motion she makes, she has a second motion waiting. With each evasive maneuver she performs, she attacks. At the same time, she uses the difference in their size to her advantage. Utilizing her small build to slip through the cracks in her opponent's attacks while also continuously moving into their blind spots... It's almost as if she's dancing with the beasts as she carves them up. But there's more...

    Enraged by Adelle's minuscule- but plentiful- attacks, the twin beasts begin to rain down blows on the girl in a desperate attempt to end her life. However, Adelle continues to avoid their attacks with ease. It's remarkable really... Her speed is noteworthy for sure, but even you know that alone wouldn't be enough to slip through so many attacks. No... There's more to it...

    "The rain..." Once again, the girl next to you speaks up, "I think she's using the rain to move like that..."

    It's crazy. Downright impractical even... But your eyes don't lie to you. Staying on all fours as much as she can, you can see Adelle slipping and sliding across the flooded surface. Her movements are very much like a lizard running through water and the amount of control she exhibits over her direction isn't something you can just manage by thinking about it. No... This is the result of grueling survival...

    The creature to Adelle's left roars and attacks. Adelle does not move. Rather, she is unable to. Caught at the precise moment she's coming out of a successful dodge, there is no way the mage has enough time to shift her weight and get out of the way. But there is no panic. Because she knows she can't dodge everything, she has already taken steps to make up for this shortcoming.

    The monster's scythe cleaves the air with little resistance; however, it misses its mark. Instead of hitting the crouching girl, what it ends up hitting instead is one of the corpses she managed to reanimate earlier. While a bit grizzly, she has managed to move it to act as a shield. This not only gives her just enough time to get out of dodge, but...



    It also serves as the setup for her next attack.

    Quickly carving the lower half of her shield into pieces, the girl flings the visceral bits at her prey as the leeches inside are set free. The possessed flesh hits the creatures body with a series of sickening thuds before the entire area is filled with an orchestra of explosions.

    The creature lets out one final cry before it falls silent. It's arms go limp. Its legs give out. Then, what's left of its body falls pathetically into a heap on the ground.

    Just like that, one giant has fallen.

    Realizing that its kin has been slain, the remaining monster takes a step back and cautiously observes Adelle. Likewise, the young girl rises to stand on two feet and menacingly stares down the beast.

    "She...She might actually do it-!"

    The girl at your arm shouts out with a bit of glee. Her previous fear understandably diminished.

    Seeing such a display, you can't help but be in awe of Adelle's abilities. Not only in her physical prowess, but also in her judgement and resourcefulness. She's strong. There's no way you can deny that. But still... How long can someone maintain that level of ability?
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  2. #1062
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Vritra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Distraction land
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,148
    Yuuta Tsukino
    The Dead Fields Ė Park
    Time Unknown (Morning)

    Ha, ha ha haaaÖ I think I really overdid it this time. The aching in my shoulders causes me to wince as I desperately pray under my breath that there will be no permanent harm done. How I wish, oh how I wish that nothing had changed and that I was still back home. No matter how frustrating it is, no matter how hard Iíve cursed this sad fate it has never once budged to accommodate me. There is a simple truth to the world and that is that humans are frail, the body is easily harmed and takes a long period to restore itself to full condition Öif it can even do that. I shouldnít push myself I should simply take it easy and rest after confirming that nothing is out of place anymore. YetÖ Yet, yet, yet YET HOW CAN I STOP NOW!?

    The answer is simple I canít, I have lost my ability to step off this foolish path even though the only hope for surviving lies in abandoning it ÖI canít even curse this fate anymore for it is something I have chosen. Beyond a desire to face my ancestors with pride and beyond following the guidance of the gods towards virtue I simply think this is ĎRightí. Staring as the deadly dance I can only wonder what sort of life or battlefield would have led to such a style or even such monstrous creatures, the skill displayed by both parties is simply feels wrong, like a whisper of madness will crawl through my ear into my heart if I try to contemplate everything. Yet contemplate I do, expand my vision and hone my awareness, repeating the timeless mantra of combat in my head I rest my hand upon the hilt of my sword to steady this weeping and weak heart of mine.

    Skating on water Adelle provides a display of judgement, ability and resourcefulness that is equal parts inspiring and frightening yet in the end it is not the mesmerizing display of beastly skill that has my rapt attention. It is the simple and brutal arithmetic of the fight, Adelleís entire style in this fight revolves around supplementing her defensive and offensive power with those corpse puppets and explosions. If she were to run out then the only way to make up for difference in physical capacities would be to sacrifice her own health. One monster down, that many corpses destroyed in the processÖ Ha ha ha haÖ How can I stop now? Itís such an insidious question for not only has the answer been reached before I even spoke it but it boggles my mind how horrible and foolish the ideas that it conjures are once I stop to think about it. Didnít Adelle say she doesnít pick fights she knows she canít win, how could I help? I, who couldnít even take a proper draw, I, who now has injured his shoulder joints it truly makes me want to laugh out loud. How many swings can I manage like this, five, three maybe less? Yet here I am refusing to see the truth of the situation. I will only be a hindrance and I will only get myself killed yet I canít change this course of action the depth of my foolishness is staggering I probably deserve every misfortune I experience donít I.

    "She...She might actually do it-!"

    ďYeah she probably willÖĒ

    Turning back to the blessing and proof that maybe, just maybe those foolish dreams might yield something I taker her hands and smiling reassured I hold her gaze with mine. ďSee, as long as we're alive our future can be changed so, please, donít lose hope itís too early for us to give up.Ē Now comes the unpleasant part. ďI realize this is a shameful thing to ask and Iím sorry for having to ask this of you but I need you to do it please disregard my life and your concern about my safety. Iím sure itís, uh, fairly obvious but Iím kinda, sorta, a giant idiot who canít stop himself from jumping head first into something when I get worked up and Iím about to do that in just a bit. I understand this and I am prepared for the consequences of my actions as I foolishly try to help others but having other people pay for my mistakes isÖĒ A bitter smile crosses my lips as I speak the following words. ďWell itís the worst thing, I want everyone else to smile so if they end hurting because I tried to help them it leaves me with nothing and while I donít think Adelle actually needs my help at all but I canít bring myself to abandon her. She might be... uh, rather scary and stuff but she choose to believe in me and even put herself at risk to save me from the horrible situation I got myself into by jumping head first in without much of a plan so I justÖ I canít abandon her. But please donít worry you should be fine here just donít let your awareness of your surroundings waver and keep your head down. Everyth-Ē The words die as my brain catches up with my big mouth. Everything includes me and Iím about to throw away my safety for a foolís errand. ď-You will be just fine, just breathe and remain calm here and as long as I am able I will strive to not let and ounce of harm befall you, I might be an idealistic idiot who only wishes he could be a hero but I intend to follow that wish with all my soul no matter where it might take me.

    Closing my eyes to take a breath to stead myself I smile one last time with everything I have in hopes that it might reassure her before I turn back to the battlefield. It hurts, what if I lose ability to hold a sword, why am I so weak, Iím scared, Iím so, so scared. Yet despite the fears and pains hammering my chest in sync to the beating of my heart I crouch and carefully move forward. The terrain might be incredibly disadvantageous to stealth yet hope might not be lost. Keeping as low a profile as possible, using what cover I can and shadowing the blind angles of the fight while avoiding movement when I can tell i'm in sight I try to muster all the stealth I can. A fight, especially one like this is distracting and that is just my chance. I believe that Adelle can handle this just fine but if the opportunity arises I must be in a place to launch a surprise attack. What a horrible game of red light, green light is.

    Expand my vision, hone my awareness and strike true. Come monster I shall show you that the strength I have cultivated all my life is not weak or helpless. The blade of my swordsmanship shall cut down all the dead ends before me. I DECLARE UPON MY NAME THAT I WILL REALIZE THE DREAM THAT RESIDES WITHIN THIS MOONLIT BLADE!

    -Special Actions-
    Scout? Recon?

    Iím not sure if it would be useful in this situation but if it is then yeah one of those! Sorry Sei Iíve forgotten a lot.

  3. #1063
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Manny Slayne
    The Floodflow- Basin Square
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    You scavenge for what little scraps you can find. Searching the boy's remains, little chunks of meat and scraps of bone roll over your fingers. Crimson fluid steadily seeps out from the wounds. A dark, wet crust accumulates beneath your nails.

    The glory of the kill beckons you. Even now as you try to regain your composure and return to be just plain 'Manny'. The warm touch of a man's flesh is dark and pervasive. But the smell and the taste of his blood is sweet... Intoxicating... Like a fine wine.

    You try to resolve yourself to just searching the body... But, as you become more aware of yourself, you find that your search has resulted in you digging into the meat even more.

    A pair of dog tags falls into your palm. You almost mistake it for a tender vein.

    A pocket knife brushes against your knuckles. Though you're not entirely sure how it found itself lodged in his ribs.

    After a few moments, you simply lose track of what you're even doing anymore. It almost becomes something of a game to you. Picking bits and pieces of shrapnel out... Trying to figure out what's useful and what's not. It's calming. Soothing. Empowering... But you don't allow yourself to be lulled too far into this trancelike state. Not yet...

    You stand. At your feet is the remains of a man that looks like a buzzard picked him apart. A macabre landmark to signify your most recent victory. And, as further proof, you've managed to obtain a few spoils. A pair of dogtags, a swiss army knife, a belt, some gloves, and four rounds of ammunition to go with your new sidearm. To most, these items might seem like a modest harvest, but you know better. You can see the value of these insignificant, mundane items.

    Given a bit more time, you're confident you can make further use of this boy's person; however, it's time to move on. There are sounds closing in on you from every which direction. No doubt drawn by the sound of the explosion. And there is still the matter of ridding yourself of this bloodstained image before regrouping with the others...

    ...

    ...Furthermore, it's probably not wise to just let that girl get away. Whether she's an enemy or not is irrelevant at this point. You attacked her and you killed her friend. So it only makes sense to track her down before she can cause trouble for you and the others.

    Manny feels a slight surge of power.
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  4. #1064
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    =Intermission
    ???, Park
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    The lone silver-haired magus sits idly on a large stone. Though her legs swing like a child's, her expression is one of disappointment, frustration, and annoyance. With a single bullet placed between her thumb and index finger, she holds it high above her head and observes it from every angle. She's thorough, meticulous, and even double checks her work. However, once it becomes apparent that she will not find what she's looking for, she casually tosses the bullet down to the ground- allowing it to join the generous pile of stolen ammunition.

    Her eyes narrow. Her expression intensifies. Bringing both arms behind her, she leans back and makes herself more comfortable as she lowers her vision. Once her sight is even with the horizon, the effects of a large, fiery explosion can be seen far off in the distance. Nakami Nao doesn't even have to think twice about what this means. In all her years within this dark world, she has known only one thing to generate such an effect. Or rather, one person.

    Nao stares long and hard at the unnatural event. She takes note of its lingering effect and burns it into her eyes- nails scraping against stone as she balls her hand up into a fist. But, just as she's about to betray the image she has created for herself, a single footstep pulls her back from her impending rage.

    She looks down. Her eyes cold, unmoving, and unfeeling. But once she sees the face of the boy in black- accompanied by his tiger- that cold-heartedness is blown away by shock.

    The boy notices Nao's nostalgic gaze, but does not say anything. Instead, he opts to remain silent until the magus can regain her composure and return to reality. And, after a brief pause, she indeed does. Putting on a sad smile, she turns away and laughs quietly to herself.

    "I don't think I'll ever get used to that..."

    Nao's voice is quiet and defeated. Something that is unlike the Nao many have come to know. But, for the mysterious boy- the one they call Ou- this is the only Nakami Nao he knows.

    "Whenever you come looking for me, I fear for my future," Nao jokes and laughs, but she does a poor job of concealing her unease. Even still, she looks back to the boy with calm yet shaken eyes, "So? What is it you want with me, Harbinger?"

    The boy in black still says nothing. He just continues to meet Nao's eyes with his own, maintaining the same position as when he first arrived.

    Naturally, this causes Nao to become more on guard. Her posture quickly straightens up and her eyes become more keen on the boys movements. Still, she's mindful not to make any movements that might hint at hostility.

    "What is it...?"

    Nao repeats herself, albeit with a more hushed tone.

    To this, the boy finally breaks eye contact with her and looks off into the distance. Not in the direction of the explosion, but in a seemingly random direction obscured by the woods.

    "That... Is that your doing?"

    The boy is concise, yet vague. However, despite this, Nao immediately picks up on what exactly he's referring to. Having lived in this world for so long, she knows it almost as well as the back of her hand. So it's only natural that she knows there is a small group of survivors fighting a battle off in that particular direction.

    Ou's eyes move back to meet Nao's. His gaze is sharp, piercing, analytical, and frighteningly cold. Eyes that she never thought she would be on the receiving end of. But, now that she is, it's causing a sharp pang to go through her heart.

    "...Have you come to kill me, Harbinger?"

    There is no need in beating around the bush. Confirming or denying her hand in the events taking place would just be a bit of a formality. The Harbinger of Death already knows the answer. So, instead, Nakami Nao simply asks the more pressing question. And that's whether or not her visitor has come to take her life or not.

    Again, the boy is silent.

    He looks on with unmoving eyes as the young mage readies herself for the worst. All the while, Ou's eyes seem to peer deeper and deeper into her soul.

    "No," His answer finally comes after a long pause, "As it stands, you're none of my concern."

    Leaving the conversation at that, the boy finally turns away from Nao and leaves her to her own devices. Continuing on, he starts to make his way past Nao's perch and into the forest beyond. His tiger, shortly follows.

    "My business today is elsewhere."

    And just like that, the boy and his familiar vanish. Just as quietly and suddenly as they had appeared.

    Nao continues to look on for a moment, trying to confirm his presence for herself. Once she's sure that he's no longer in the area, she takes a much needed sigh of relief before bringing a hand up to her racing heart. She grits her teeth, clutches at her chest, and slowly rises to her feet.
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  5. #1065
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    38,794
    Blog Entries
    11
    Manny Slayne
    The Floodflow- Basin Square
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    Red. Red. Red and beautiful and sweet. Not just the body. Not even the kill.

    ...well, not just the kill.

    It was death itself that was wonderful. To kill something was to own it. By dying, this other “beast” was now Manny’s forever. Manny had never owned a person before. He had been forced for so long to be content with little, lesser things. Hunting, fishing, killing, all glory and gory and delicious, but this…

    This had been so much more. To capture a human, to feast upon his final moments, nourishment of the soul itself...it filled him with an ecstasy no woman’s body would ever provide.

    ...or well, heh, not in the traditional fashion. Manny felt his teeth rise over his canines without conscious thought as he tracked the other girl’s point of egress. The other beast had given his life to save her. Did he love her? In that case…

    He would unite them. In Manny...in the Beast…

    They would be together forever.


    There was only one thing he needed to do first. One did not hunt easily with a broken claw. The gun Manny had obtained had 4 bullets he had found on the body...but there was a significant problem.

    Manny had never actually fired a real gun before. Japanese hunting laws were very rigid, as were the firearm laws. And his olympian training had not even included rifles, focusing more on training his powerful body. In other words…

    ...the hell does this thing work?

    Manny loaded the magazine easily enough. It wasn't too hard to figure out that the sharper looking edges of the bullets needed to be printed in the same direction of the muzzle. Cocking the weapon took some figuring out, but he had seen enough american action movies to know that you had to pull back on the top part in order to actually load a bullet into the part...the…

    Something…

    Manny couldn't remember the name of the process, but knew it had to be done before it would fire. So he did. The gun responded with a rather satisfying click. Nice.

    In the brief amount of time before a few of Wonderland’s more frolicsome beasties came out to play, Manny kicked a skull fragment into a corner of the room and took aim. Then, after resisting the urge to wince, as if the new and heavy device in his hand might simply explode, he pulled the trigger.

    ….and nothing happened. It took a long second for manny to consciously unclench muscles that had tensed up in fear of the unknown. The thought crossed his mind that he had hit the beast with the firearm extremely hard. Was it broken?

    Manny examined the device quickly, aware if it had been destroyed by the impact there was little he could do to repair it. He was half resigned to using it as a club when his eyes noticed a little button near the trigger that protruded slightly. Another flash of yankee movies went through his mind, a number of villains had been felled due to the safety being on. With growing confidence, Manny thumbed the trigger, finding the grip design made it very easy to hit the trigger with the same hand that secured the weapon, certainly an intentional design choice.

    Without really thinking about it, Manny swung the barrel around again and pulled the trigger half expecting another failure.

    ANd then the room seemed to go white. Manny’s sensitive ears almost seemed to cringe against his skull in disgust, the pure sound of the discharge HURT, Manny had thought it was supposed to be a little pop or something! Further, there seemed to be a consistent and high pitched ringing, like someone had left a phone off the hook off the hook but on the inside of his head.

    Manny was about half way to swearing off firearms entirely when his eyes alighted on a completely fragmented bit of white and red came to rest between his feet. Manny knew how hard you had to hit a skull to break through bone (because he had just done so) so it did not escape his understanding of just how easily and quickly he had just delivered an attack that would kill a man.

    Simple...and beautiful...Manny thought, looking at the gun with newfound respect. He tucked it behind him into his waistband where it would be easy to grab without being to obvious behind his back. Gathering up the rest of the gear, Manny took off. His destination was abundantly obvious. The beast would never let “Manny” make another choice. Sakuya and the others called to him…

    But they could wait. Or they could not. It didn’t matter. Inside Manny, inside the beast…

    … soul called out for reunion. Manny simply jumped from the window to the ground floor, taking the three story drop easily on powerful legs and a roll to divert his momentum, Manny’s first act was to examine the impact point of the ground. The girl had simply been tossed bodily outside, without warning. In a way anny almost hoped she hadn't twisted an ankle or something upon impact, that would be to easy.

    ...No...he wanted to savor this. He wanted to stalk her. He wanted to see her. He wanted her to have time to hate herself for being the one to live. He wanted to watch her hate herself for being saved without saving anything. He wanted her to desire punishment…

    ...So that he might deliver it. The other boy’s death had been wonderful. But Manny thought if the girl’s last thoughts as Manny cut her life’s blood was “ah...I deserve this…”

    She might be even better prey.

    Again his teeth rose over his lips in a garish and frightful imitation of a grin as he began following the girls tracks away from the sight of where a hero had fought a monster...and the monster had won.

    ...Oh, thats right. You called that little hand motion that loads the bullet “chambering the round.” Manny had knew he would think of it eventually!


    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  6. #1066
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Troph, Rolanda, Evgenia, & Akira
    Park, Outside Office Building
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    A rain of light. A torrent of spears. The sound of blind judgement.

    With relative ease, a single spell is conjured that brings forth one-sided destruction. There isn't even time to respond. There is merely light. Then there is sound. And it's immediately followed by fury.

    Dozens of blasts collide with the earth and tear it apart. Each spear hits with the force of a single hand grenade and they continue to fall like raindrops. The ground turns into stones. Stones turn to pebbles and pebbles into dust. As the ancient spell bathes the scene in its divine light, the silhouettes of a single girl and her guardian burn within.

    Haruka suffers 65 damage.
    Haruka suffers 57 damage.
    Haruka suffers 33 damage.
    Mobius suffers 81 damage.
    Mobius suffers 63 damage.
    Haruka suffers 33 damage.


    It's a complete massacre.

    The two entities quickly disperse within the cage of light. Offering up even less resistance than the ground beneath your feet, you watch as they are decisively eliminated within mere moments. Limbs severed by the fall and immediately evaporated by the orchestra of explosions... Put simply, you blink and it's over. It's total overkill. And though the spell persists for a bit longer, there is nothing left to torment but the relenting earth. One could even say that the excessive force is merely there to drive home a point.

    The light fades. The tremors lose strength. When all is said and done, all that remains is scorched earth. A frightening crater that would leave one to believe a house had just been leveled.


    -̷̙͙͍ͤ̌-̵̘̪̹̻̼̓̀ͅ-̰͍̯̣̾͑̍̌͒̋͆͗̀͟-̵̷͍̮͙̗ͦ̔͡-͓̳ͧͭ̓̚͢-̺̜̖̝̮̆ͫͬ̆͌͛̐-̎ͮͦͬ̋̀҉̨͓ͅ-̨̙̹̜̱͂ͪ̀ͅ-̵̱̩̩͈͎͔̊͂̓̆ͤ̐ͣ́ͮ͠-̠͙͌̅̚͢-̴̠̦̣͖̰͚̠̣̓͑̒̅ͭͮ͌͛ͥ̕͞-̲̟̝̼̼͌̑̐̈̆͊͂͡-̗͂̓̈ͥ̉͐́ͨ́͡-̴̑ͧ̆͛҉̤̞̱̮̘ͅ-̸̞̜̪̖̿̄̉̐́͡-̷̴̛͕̜͎͈̮͔̥ͪ̅ͣ̌̃̏ͭͅ-̟̤̟̼̦̑͊͂͛̎̒͠-͕ͭͪ̍͛̍͠-̓͂̿ͮ͏͎͉-̛̫͍̘̝̣̳̓ͪ̇-̡̣̲̰̲̗̞̲̜͒̾͘-̴̬̙ͩͯ̄͂ͮ̽̅͠-̶̗̣͆̈́ͤ͡-̷̛͕̜̳̲̳̼̟̜͇ͩ͐ͥͥͩ-̸̋͊ͮ̓͘҉̼̭͍͔-̢̻̹͍͚̫͚͇̏͗ͬ̌̋̅ͭ͐̐-̪̟̞͐̈́̀̄̅ͮ͘-͕̲͍̰ͦ́͆͋ͥ͘-͚̗͍̺̠͕̬ͭ̽͐͆̂́̂ͦ̃ͅ-̡̠̺͕̝̻̝̯̠ͩ̍̑̆͌ͦ̈̕-̷̭̯̤ͧ́ͅ-̱̻̖̼̻̉͗̑̓̑̎̌-ͬ̿҉̼̗͔͍͓̪-͔̣͚̤̯̭̖̂͐ͤ̏ͨ͋ͨ͑ͦ͘͜


    But then you blink and the crater is gone.

    It was only a moment- No... Less than a moment, but you could have sworn you heard a sound. Static? A roar? An explosion of wind? It's almost indescribable; however, you're certain it was there... Nevertheless, the notable lack of a vacant lot isn't the only thing that's off. Because, sitting just a few feet away, is none other than Kuromusi Haruka.

    Slumped down on her knees, it doesn't even seem like she's aware of your presence. In fact, it doesn't even seem like she's aware of... anything. Her eyes remain vacant and distant while her mouth lays slightly agape. With her head angled down towards the ground, it's almost as if someone turned out all the lights.

    It takes you a moment to adjust to what just took place. And, in that time, it seems as though Haruka regains some of her faculties. Though it isn't much, her left hand twitches and her eyes begin to move shortly after. She draws in a single, weak breath and -at this time- the gray beast materializes from thin air like before.

    "It... happened again..."

    Haruka's lip move very subtly, barely giving form to these three words.

    As if responding to this, the gray figure kneels down next to her and aggressively takes hold of her head. Motioning her so that her eyes may meet yours, it examines her vacant stare. However, just as soon as it does this, it turns to face you and the others- an intense hostility emanating from its featureless visage.

    The creature releases Haruka, letting her limp body slump back to the ground. Then it stands, the air around it actively growing denser. Placing itself between you and the girl, you start to feel an ominous force drifting down atop your shoulders.

    All values have been returned to the start of the previous turn.




    Monster Stats & Abilities Revealed

    Mobius, the Adjudicator
    HP (10), M.DEF (0), EVA (10)
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  7. #1067
    Roleplay PTSD Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,212
    Blog Entries
    70
    Rolanda A. Knox
    Park, Outside the Office Building
    Time Unknown (Morning)

    "OH COME ON!"

    Great is the ire that rises from the small detective as she stares at the receding form of Haruka and who-knows-what-the-hell monster that just sprouted from her like a bad case of acne. If possible, her ears would be blowing off steam right now as if akin to a cartoon. Indeed, she was fuming. She was miffed. She was irritated. Yet most of all, she was above and beyond frustrated. For someone to just shrug off the crimes leveled against her, especially when so great and many in number, was an insult she could not forgive. Not against her, no; against the concept of
    True Doctrine
    Justice
    itself. Anything that did not adhere to the Justice that governed all things was nothing but a base animal, no, not even that. Animals cannot go against justice, for they are incapable of committing crimes. They simply follow their nature. For something to go against Justice even when capable of understanding it, and ignore her crimes...

    Well, that was nothing more than a cowardly criminal, too determined to imagine herself a victim.

    But if that were not enough, the grand showcase of Troph's spells, a veritable cannonfire from the heavens that scorches the earth leaving naught but destruction in its wake, is denied all the same. A momentary burst of static in reality and everything returns back to square one. Once more results of what happened are denied, nay, ignored but Haruka and her parasite-like sidekick. Even if Rolanda could feel the heat of destruction radiating from the blast zone all the way to where she was, it had not been enough.

    Or, perhaps, it was incorrect to say that it was 'not enough'. Indeed, it had been enough to make complete mockery out of the grotesque pet and her owner. Yet, like a stubborn child that demands a 'do-over' from the game when she loses, she flipped over the table, outraged, and returned everything to the starting positions.

    If there was one thing that Rolanda despised, it was sore losers.

    "What sort of bloody wanker are you!? Are you that much into pseudo-existential navel-gazing that you are incapable of rational thought!? 'Might as well kill you'!? Sod off you Hindenburg-sized hypocrite! If you're that much into killing, kill yourself! Save us all the trouble and jump off a cliff! Hang from a ceiling fan! Eat a cyanide pill! Go play in the oncoming traffic like the bloody entitled child that you are!" Rolanda roared as she shook her fist at the
    coward
    monster
    "Even with that third-rate, low-budget Japanese horror-movie monster growing from you, you're just as you've always been, Haruka! The reason why there was never an inkling of respect when I called you 'club president', the reason why I never saw you as a leader of any type... it was this! This very thing! 'Me, me, me' is all I hear between every line that you utter! Kuromusi Haruka, even in this world, even when strapped to power that makes you oh-boo-hoo-woe-is-me-immortal, you are once again a petulent child refusing to believe the reality does not, in fact, revolve around you and what ails you!"

    It was if some sort of switch had been flipped inside the mach-speed mind of the little detective. Instead of her usual bile and crooked menace, she was speaking with power, poise and a tone full of indignation. This was not a perceived personal slight against her or petty cruelty that was usually spouted from the frothing mouth of the sadistic teenager. This time, and perhaps just this once, Rolanda spoke with fury that stemmed from something righteous, something she believed in and something she saw Haruka's bloated self-pity encroach upon.

    Rolanda did not spit fire and venom because she was angry. She did so because she was disgusted.

    "So hear me and understand, Haruka! The next time you want us to clean up the mess that you yourself went and caused in the first place...!" Rolanda shouted, eyes flaming. "Learn to wipe your own bloody ass already, you child! In other words, take some FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY for the FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE!"

    Then, as if that had consumed most of her energy for the moment, Rolanda relaxed the best she could, her breath heavy and ragged. She leaned her head back just a bit, letting the wind cool of her sweating forehead. That outburst, as unlikely as it had been, had taken some toll on the small detective; at least emotionally. She needed a moment to gather her mental fortitude.

    So, perhaps, that was why it took all five seconds more of her to realize that Kurogane Akira was carrying her - Princess Style.

    "Wha..." Rolanda's voice squeaked uncharacteristically. "Wha, wha, wha, wha...!"

    For a moment the blue-haired detective could simply stare at the taller girl. Her eyes began to swirl in her head, and her lower lip seemed to vibrate up and down at amazing speeds. There were not many things that could take the self-proclaimed Intellectual Rapist by surprise, yet 'lo and behold, one of these things had been accidentally discovered in the middle of a daring escape.

    Therefore, it was no wonder that Rolanda did not know how to act. It was no wonder that her usual bravado of cruelty refused to function properly. It was no wonder that her first instinct wasn't to slap the taste out of Akira's mouth.

    It was, however, a wonder that Rolanda's facade suffered an immediate shutdown of magnificent proportions, revealing, perhaps for the first time, something actually resembling a teenage girl from beneath.

    A terribly embarrassed and a terribly confused teenage girl. One whose cheeks went up red like wildfire in Santa's workshop.

    "What th' bludy heel dae ye hink yoo're daein' Kurogane!? Since when was it okay fur ye tae jist 'a'ight-let's-go' scoop me up loch thes!? Aam nae a damn sack ay tatties ye can jist lug aroond ye brute!" Rolanda screamed in a voice that was remarkably more high-pitched than her trained tone of a cruel intellectual.

    Incidentally, it also looked like Rolanda, when extremely flustered, was unable to keep up her accent anymore, reverting to nigh incomprehensible Scottish drawl that was natural to her. Something that the group, and especially Akira, got to hear for the first time.

    "This is a crime! Shameless crime! A crime against aw cuttie fowk everywhaur ye bludy amazon! I'll cuff ye! Cuff ye an' flin' ye intae a prison, shoot th' key tae th' moon an' moon intae th' sun!"

    It was then that Rolanda's eyes fell to Akira's other hand which was, because of the princess carry, somewhere very near the blue-haired girl's skirt and... other areas. Backside, to be exact.


    "AIN WHAUR DAE YE HINK YE OTHER HAIN IS YE BLOODY PERVERT!?"


    This time, Rolanda's eyes were in tears. Another first for today.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 23rd, 2018 at 08:53 PM.

  8. #1068
    Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SPACE.
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,260
    Blog Entries
    5
    Ishimaru Sakuya
    The Floodflow- Gong's Wake
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    There is a corpse before Ishimaru Sakuya.

    A corpse.

    There is a corpse before her.

    And...

    It is the corpse of her friend.

    "I... I..."

    There's nothing to say. There's no words that can possibly take back what just happened. Dead. Dead. Dead. There's nothing going through her mind as she stares at a person covered in the blood of someone who had been breathing just a second ago.

    It's blank.

    Everything's blank.

    This world is kill or be killed, isn't it?

    It's definitely not the kind of world suited for a person like her. There's no possible way it could be misconstrued as a place for someone like her.

    "But... wasn't he your friend?"

    It's a stammer, a stammer that exits from her lips as she stared at a person who she thought could be her friend.

    "You can't... you can't just..."

    Mustering up all her courage in an instant, a bow formed in her hand, swirling mana into a form that could be used, the only weapon she knew how to use.

    "You can't just act like none of that happened! You can't just ask me my name after you ki... ki... kill someone!"

    It's a world where anything can happen. And in a world where anything can happen...

    Even a person like Ishimaru Sakuya can summon the courage to rage at it.

    "It's... it's not fair! It's totally not fair of you in any way! How can you be so polite and kind one instant and... and the next..."

    Dead.

    A corpse, where Katsumata Keigo once stood. Where he lectured her. Where he rolled his eyes and scoffed at her innocence. It wasn't...

    It wasn't fair at all.

    "Is that what this world really is?! Just... just a way for people to lash out and hurt each other!? That's... that's not right! I won't let it be like that! There's no reason for it... For it to be such a horrible place!"

    There's too much blood. There's too much blood to reattach Katsumata Keigo, to make him into a person again. There's too much pain to salvage Yuma. There's too much emptiness to remake Ishimaru Sakuya.

    But in a way, that was the world that they had walked into.

    And it was the world Ishimaru Sakuya deeply despised.

    "Unfair. It's unfair. It's unfair it's unfair it's unfair it's unfair."

    There's no resetting. There's no cheer that can revitalize the dead. And even as the mana leaves Katsumata Keigo's body, Sakuya cannot do anything but watch it, watch the thin tendrils that once made up a person fade from existence.

    "How... how am I supposed to react? What am I supposed to do?"

    But, there's always one action. There's always one thing she could do, as she stares at the bow in her hands. But...

    She can't.

    She's too afraid to shoot at this person she doesn't know.

    She watches the bow fade from existence, glaring at the person standing in front of her.

    "I'm... I'm Ishimaru. Ishimaru Sakuya. And... I... I..."

    She stares at him, as the Yuma's screams fade into the background of existence, as tendrils of mana flicker and fade around her.

    "I think this warped, diseased world could be far better then it is."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it
    [01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.


  9. #1069
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Ishimaru Sakuya
    The Floodflow- Gong's Wake
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    You rise. For the first time in what seems like forever, you rise and voice your anger. Before you even realize it, your voice is cast out for all the world to hear and the people take note. Gazing at you with a mixture of shock and bewilderment, you feel all eyes on you as strength starts to well up inside.

    Most of all, Nagato hears your words. His eyes became fixed on you the second you shouted out and have not left you since. He observes, but more importantly he listens intently to everything you say. At first, it doesn't seem like he has any kind of response. However, as your words continue to go further, a sharper expression consumes his face. It's hard to pin, in a way. Though the intensity he displays gives the impression of anger, you don't feel like that's necessarily it. It isn't until you finish saying your piece that you begin to understand this look. When you finish, the boy's expression softens - slightly- as he turns to look down at Keigo's body.

    "Girl... You really shouldn't get involved in matters that don't concern you."

    Once again, his tone is calm and polite. Though hints of aggravation come through in his words, it's clear that even now he bears you no ill will.

    "...I won't deny any of what you said. From your viewpoint, I'm sure that's how this all seems. This world is violent. this world is senseless. This world is unfair. I won't deny you any of your words because I can see the purity of them all clearly."

    Nagato falls silent for a moment. His eyes seemingly drifting off to a far-away place.

    "And you're right in saying... that Katsu-kun was my friend."

    Speaking in a rather downcast tone, Nagato glances over at Yuma- sharing a moment of direct eye contact- before directing his attention back at you.

    "But, girl... You should also understand that your viewpoint is severely limited to what you know. This world has changed us. Forced us to change. And led us to commit atrocity after atrocity just for the sake of ourselves and the people we hold dear."

    On that, Nagato's thoughts seemingly trail off before quickly snapping back to reality. With a look of determination, he turns to face you as if to answer your resolve.

    Meanwhile, seeing all this, Yuma opens her mouth as if to speak; however, nothing ever comes of it. Instead, a look of horror fills her eyes before slowly turning her head down towards the ground.

    "...You say there's no reason for any of it. Logically, I'd like to agree with you. However..."

    Raising a single hand, Nagato faces you with aggression for the first time. Extending a single finger, he clearly designates you as his target.

    "I'm not as optimistic as you. Not anymore."

    Nagato's words reach you with a stinging intensity and, the next moment, your body is flying backwards through the air.

    The attack is so fast that you don't even realize what happened. You just know that something happened and the blue demon was behind it.

    After several seconds in the air, you finally crash back down to solid ground with a sickening thud. But the force of the attack still sends you tumbling head-over-heels several times before coming to a proper stop. It is only then that the pain starts to set in.

    Sakuya suffers 10 damage.

    Struggling to recover, you lift your head from the dirt to find yourself in a new area. Neither Yuma nor Keigo are anywhere to be seen. Instead, there is only you and the boy dressed in black.

    "Ho...?"

    Stepping forward, Nagato raises a brow as if taking note of something. He observes your fragile form, giving you ample time to pick yourself up. But, as you start to regain your bearings, he lifts his hand again as if in preparation for another attack.

    "You should stay down. I have no desire to kill an innocent bystander. However, if you insist on bearing your fangs at me, I won't hesitate to put you down."
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  10. #1070
    Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SPACE.
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,260
    Blog Entries
    5
    Ishimaru Sakuya
    The Floodflow- Gong's Wake
    Time Unknown (Morning)

    It's with a blankness, that Ishimaru Sakuya listens to Nagato speak. It's with an emptiness in her soul, a lack of purpose in her gut, and an irreconcilable lack of ability. The attack that comes without warning, the strike that she couldn't see ---

    That's when she knows she's completely out of her depth.

    "You should stay down. I have no desire to kill an innocent bystander. However, if you insist on bearing your fangs at me, I won't hesitate to put you down."

    "F-fangs..?" Sakuya says, a question on her lips. "I... I don't have any fangs! I just... I just wanted to... I just..."

    Ah.

    There it is.

    The emptiness opened, the secrets revealed, and the hope that emerges from despair.

    "I just wanted to belong."

    She laughs, a broken, sobbing sound that emerges from her lips. "Is that so wrong? Is it... is it so bad that the only place I've ever felt at home is in this disgusting place?"

    A strand of hair falls in front of mismatched eyes, as she looks at a boy who is utterly, irreconcilably empty. "Just because.. Just because you disagree doesn't mean that it isn't true. And I... I don't want it to be that way."

    A struggle to belong, a struggle to fit in.

    It's common.

    It's a commonplace thing, for anyone. Almost every single person in the world has, at some point, stared at their surroundings and thought - "Ah. This is not the place for me." It is the human struggle to be better then before, to be greater then the sum of their parts, and it is this struggle that Ishimaru Sakuya has failed to accomplish.

    "If it takes everything that I have... Every part of me that exists... I... I won't let a world where my friends have to die stand! If this place is truly, so utterly, absolutely broken, then isn't it just right that I stay here?" A dead smile and dead eyes look at Nagato. "After all, I'm just as broken as it, right? We deserve each other, in a way. So if it can change... then... th-then..."

    The words remain unspoken, and yet they float through the air with all the care of someone far brighter then her.

    'Can't I?'

    'If this place can change, then can't I?'

    The girl staggers to her feet, glaring at Nagato. "I... I know that if we fight, if I even try to, I'll die, right? I'll definitely be killed. There's no other ending for that, is there. But... But I have to know. No, I need to understand! What could have possibly happened to make you want him dead?! What could have happened that made him want you dead!? There's too much anger, too much hatred in what you too did but I... I can't side with either of you! I can't understand why either of you would want to kill the other one!"

    Mana wafts through the empty, shattered sky like the smell of flowers, and Sakuya can see every strand. There's an internal, empty struggle for Ishimaru Sakuya.

    'kill or be killed.'

    If she attacks, she dies.

    If she stands by, the person who was her dies.

    "Isn't there any sense here!? Isn't there anything that could change it?! Even... even if I have to die... Even if every part of me is erased... That's what I'll do! I'll... I'll change this twisted mockery of reality into a place where friends don't have to die! I'll tear down every part of it to allow for that kind of world to exist! This broken, hopeless place... Even in the darkest abyss, isn't there some fragment of light? Isn't there some kind of way... that everyone could be happy?"

    Sakuya stares at a boy who just murdered her friend, and...

    She feels pity.

    She truly, deeply pities the person in front of her. For not understanding. For being twisted by this twisted place.

    "So that's what I'll do. I know it's stupid, I know it's hopeless, and I know it's impossible but... I can't allow that kind of world to exist. If it breaks me, then I'll break. If it kills me, then I'll die. But maybe, just maybe, there's a chance that something better could arise in my place, in this place. Isn't there that chance? Isn't there a single, solitary chance that this world could be better then what it currently is?"

    It's a pleading tone entering her voice, as she looks at Nagato. With a thin, thin thread of hope running through every word she says.

    "I won't fight you. Kill me if you have to. But... I don't think there's any world that exists where I could kill a friend. And... If this world wants me to fall that far, then I'll change it so I don't have to. That's... That's my promise to you! That someday, if we ever meet again... You can know that what you did was wrong! That you can understand why it didn't have to be done! Because... because..."

    Because Sakuya has seen too much kindness in this warped place.

    Because Sakuya is not the type of person to allow such a thing to happen.

    Because Sakuya in spite of everything looks at the boy in front of her, and hopes that they can still be friends.

    Empty reasoning. It's all empty, for her, in the end. There's no rhyme or reason for her to speak such things in the face of such power, but to hold back is to suffer.

    "I can't fight you on the same level. I can only speak to you and hope you hear me, right? And if even one shred of your soul tells you that part of me is right then..."

    She holds out her hand, empty of anything. It's a useless offer. It's an offer that makes no logical sense, an offer that gives Nagato nothing and takes everything from him.

    "Then won't you please help me change this place?"
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 25th, 2018 at 01:33 AM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it
    [01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.


  11. #1071
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Ishimaru Sakuya
    The Floodflow- Gong's Wake
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    The boy says nothing. He only watches, respectfully, as you speak your peace. However, as you continue to voice your ideology, his eyes become more cold and distant. By the end of your speak, not even the light of mercy seems to shine in his eyes. Instead, what's left is a foreboding figure looming over you- seemingly unaware of your presence.

    After a brief pause, Nagato's line of sight moves towards your outstretched hand. He says nothing.

    In an instant, his hand shoots from his side and grabs a hold of the top of your head. You can feel his steely fingers pressing down, slowly crushing your skull. Your body instinctively fights back in response to the sudden pain; however, no amount of flailing can shake his hold on you. There is no solid ground beneath your feet. The pain came as such a shock that you didn't even notice that you'd been hoisted off the ground.

    "Katsumata Keigo," Nagato looks directly into your eyes. Polite, yet menacing, "...Back when I still considered him a friend, he went off and killed everyone who we considered precious to us. That's why he had to die."

    Nagato lets his words linger- making sure that you heard each and every one of them clearly. Not once does he loosen his grip on you. Not once does he break eye contact with you. If anything, it feels as if saying these words has intensified everything about him. As if reminding himself or a deeply settled rage he had long forgotten...

    "I will always hate, Katsumata Keigo. Even in death... There is nothing that can be said or done in this world or the next that will change that," His eyes narrow. His fingers try to burrow deeper into your skull. All the while, a pale blue haze starts to wrap around his body, "But... More than that... I hate people like you who stand back and watch the world through rose tinted glasses."

    In a single sudden motion, Nagato lifts you up even higher before tossing you down and to the side. Your body hits the ground hard, but it's nowhere near as painful as last time.

    Sakuya suffers 5 damage.

    "Go home, child," Nagato's cold gazes catches you as you pick yourself up off of the ground, "Less you kill yourself for a world that does not desire you."

    He delivers a final warning. He pauses once more to communicate the severity of his words. Then, with nothing more to say to you, he turns and begins walking back in the direction the two of you came from. But, as he wanders off, he stops and glances over his shoulder.

    "Or did those two not say that they've known how to return to your world for some time now?"
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  12. #1072
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Kisaragi Maiko
    Tortuga- Seeker Base
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    It would seem like your part is done here.

    Looking at the two seated girls, Ayame offers you a quick nod while Suzume gives a brief bow. Suzume then turns to Zack and the two reach an unspoken understanding.

    The young Amercian steps out of his little corner of the room and approaches your side. Without hesitation, he dumps the cat he's been cradling into your arms and does it with a smile. Before you can even get a word out, he steps behind you, places both hands on your shoulders, and starts to gently nudge you towards the door.

    "Come on, lil missy. Lets give the big shots a bit of peace."

    His carefree tone is a hard clash with the current atmosphere, but not one that is unwelcome. Though you aren't just readily willing to be pushed around by some random guy, you find that he has a surprising amount of strength in his arms. Even with your instinctual resistance, he has you at the twin doors in no time. Granted, your body is too worn and battered to put up any decent kind of struggle. That and- if only for a second- you got the impression that the boy would pick you up and carry you bridal style if need be.

    "We're outta here. You ladies play nice while we're away, okay."

    "Make sure you go right back to watching the perimeter."

    "Yeah, yeah..."

    Zack and Suzume share a quick bit of light-hearted banter as the two of you slip through the doors. While both seemed to address the matter somewhat jokingly, you get the impression that one of them was taking it far more seriously than the other. A small tidbit you're not quite sure whether you should be concerned about or not.

    Nevertheless, with the two doors closing behind you, the two of you once again find yourselves out in the hallway. And, almost immediately, you find yourself face to face with another unfamiliar person.




    "U-Uhm... You wouldn't happen to be... Suzume-san?"

    Standing directly in front of you in a Japanese schoolgirl, seemingly no older than you. She looks shocked. Likely due to you and Zack suddenly coming out of the office, but she doesn't look like she means any harm. In fact, she actually looks a little scared. Her clothes are soaked and dirty. Small scratches can be seen here and there on her person and, overall, it smells as if she just came out of a sewer. Her appearance, coupled with her own unease, must be making her rather uncomfortable. A sentiment you can't help but understand.

    Just as the first girl lays eyes on you, another slightly taller girl peers over her shoulder to see what exactly is going on.



    "Hmm? Who are you?"

    The girl with long red-hair gently shoves the first girl to the side, leers at you, then just as quickly loses interest upon seeing Zack.

    "Hey, Zack. I was wondering why I didn't see you outside. Is the boss lady in?"

    Zack sighs, but not before signaling his friend to keep her voice down, "Yeah. She's in there. But now's not really a good time. That Tohsaka girl decided to pay us a visit and now they're in there having some kind of super serious hush-hush discussion."

    "SERIOUSLY!?"

    The redhead's sudden exclamation makes the three of you jump. A few glances from people in the surrounding area come your way. Zack is quick to recover from the sudden outburst and once again reminds his friend to keep it down. To this, she can only smile sheepishly.

    Redirecting his attention to the girl in the uniform, Zack quickly gives her a once over. Looking a bit troubled, he looks back at you before scratching his head and turning back to his friend.

    "So what's the deal? Mind telling me where you picked up the cutie?"

    "Oh! Right!" Returning to the matter at hand, the redhead looks over to her side, "Hmm... Well... It's a bit of a long story... But I kind of bumped into her after some guys attacked me. Food might have been involved..."

    The redheaded teen starts speaking clearly enough; however, she becomes noticeably more sheepish upon saying that last little bit. Her eyes break contact with Zack's. Zack however does not looking at her. His expression shifting into that of a parent listening to one of their child's stories.

    At the same time, you can't help but feel a gaze on you. Looking back towards the first girl, you quickly realize she's staring at you intently. Particularly, she's staring at your tattered uniform. But, upon realizing her own rudeness, she snaps back to attention. She still seems like she's in a bit of a daze, but you feel it's something akin to your own fatigue and weariness. This girl has likely been through a lot. Both physically and mentally. Even still, her heightened alertness is keeping her mind from finding any rest.

    "..." At first, she remains quiet. Likely contemplating whether to speak or not, "That... That uniform... You're from Homurahara, right? ...Do you... Come from Fuyuki?"
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  13. #1073
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Manny Slayne
    The Floodflow- Basin Square
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    The ground is soft. So soft in fact that even the slightest application of weight leaves a noticeable track. With the dirt along the river in such a state, it's practically impossible for someone to not leave a trail. Which is why, when you gaze down at your feet, you can't help but smile.

    A rather large imprint sits just at the tip of your toes. Likely where the girl landed. And, from the looks of things, she landed hard. What's more, the riverbanks aren't all grass and soil. No... As one would expect with all these crumbling buildings, bits and pieces of stone and concrete pepper the river borders. There are such pieces of debris within the girl's landing zone. Some coated with a thin layer of blood. Some... noticeably missing. Your prey is injured... Possibly even dying. Though she managed to escape your initial attack, she did so at a cost. Nevertheless, she is still alive...

    From the initial impact zone, a few marks in the dirt run off into the river. Smart, but not smart enough. It doesn't take you but a few seconds of quick observation to notice a similar trail on the opposite end about four meters down.

    Your first thought is the jump into the water and swim to the other side; however, you recall the others saying to avoid going in the water. A minor setback, but one that is easily remedied. Going down the bank a bit, you're able to find a spot where you can hop along some debris over to the other side. Fortunately, it keeps the girl's trail in sight as well. You follow it, roaming deeper into the dead city. In your mind you note how long she appears to have drug herself through the dirt. Probably about six feet. And all the while, there are infrequent patches of blood soaking into the earth. But, at the end of this long skid is a small jumble. A number of handprints- most sliding- along with a number of footprints and a single piece of bloodied concrete. But then, there is nothing...

    Your eyes narrow at the sight. Instincts steadily taking over, you take a moment to observe your surroundings. The building corners. The dozens of windows. Even the skies above. You look for any signs of suspicious activity, but nothing stands out to you. In fact, the only thing you find of note is a pervasive silence. Something that you personally find to be the most ominous of threats.

    You wait. On guard. Waiting to see if some unknown predator decides to make its move. But there's still nothing. You divert a fraction of your attention back to the task at hand, yet you stay mindful of the feeling scraping across the hairs of your neck. Then it occurs to you... Judging by the girl's trail and signs of injury, the amount of distance she has managed to cover without you so much as catching a glimpse of her is... unnatural. You think. Understanding that you... "took your time" with the boy... But still, something about all of this just doesn't add up.

    Her trail draws your attention once more. Kneeling down, you scoop up the chunk of debris she left behind, examine it, then look back at the ground. Upon further examination, you can see that her trail does in fact continue; however, it does not make you any less aware. The trail oddly picks up a few paces ahead of the jumble. This time, it's footprints... And they've all been covered. Or at least an attempt was made at covering them. It's honestly a bit of a half-assed job, but what's unnatural about it is how the dirt doesn't seem to have been brushed over them. Rather, it's almost as if the tracks were filled- if only partially. What's more, while the footprints start off unsteady and uneven, they stabilize in just a few paces on seemingly continue on further into the city.

    None of this is sitting right with you. There's no doubt that your prey is indeed injured in some way, but that doesn't change the fact that your prey is displaying traits that aren't quite normal. And to make matters worse, chasing her is leading you further and further away from your group. You're being strung along. She's like a deer wagging her tail in the hunter's sights. Aware of his presence, yet inviting him to follow.

    Staring at the girl's trail, you bring the concrete up to your lips and gingerly lick the blood. The hunt is on. But who is the one being hunted?
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  14. #1074
    The Dragon of Dojima MssrNeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kamurocho
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,566
    Ethan Kane(?)
    Homurahara, Occult & Horror Club Room
    Time- 21:32 Night


    The tiny shadow froze. It shouldn't be possible that this was happening but in front of it and this woman was the body of Ethan Kane. The little shade shrunk further and hid itself behind the girl's fingers, its eyes glued to the bloodied high school boy. The pain in its head was deadened by the sudden cold at the reveal.

    If that was Ethan Kane then who was the small shadow in the girl's hand?

    With a trembling limb it signs two single words.

    W H O ?

    W H Y ?

    Spoiler:

  15. #1075
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Fukuda Masahiro
    School Building- Hallways
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    In times of desperation, it's natural to fall back on strategies you know. Strategies that have proven reliable and saved you on more than one occasion. In this case, that strategy is placing yourself in the care of your trusty conjurations. Possessing speed far superior to yours, their legs are capable of creating far more distance than yours could ever hope to. That's what you're banking on. With one girl scooping you up while another grabs Haruka with a shocked "Nekos", all of you race down the hall and around the corner. The only goal, to create some kind of breathing room.

    "F-Fukuda-kun! What the hell is this!? Why do these girls have cat ears!? ...And what do you mean by special powers!?"

    You can hear a distressed Haruka calling out from behind you. From the tone of her voice, you would think she has forgotten about the danger you two are in. But your instinct is a bit better than that. Haruka is riled up. The club president is just a girl trying to make sense of the many strange things around her. And your cats are certainly strange... While your life as a mage makes you more receptive to such oddities, you can't really say the same for Haruka. Ignoring the things she may or may not have experienced in this world, this is all very new to her.

    Still, there is no time for that now. You can give her the luxury of a crash course later. Right now you need to think. It's only a matter of time before that thing makes its move.

    The cats quickly turn a corner. The entire length of a hallway passes in the blink of an eye. Then another corner is passes. The cats are careful and selective in their movements- being sure not to turn the same direction twice. The reason why is obvious. That being said, the dark monster doesn't seem to be giving chase. In fact, you're not even sure if you've heard it take a single step since it attacked.

    "...Knife marks."

    Interrupting your train of thought, Haruka speaks up.

    "There should be knife marks on some of the walls! Follow them until you find a classroom with an X on the door!"

    The instructions are clear and, before you can even digest her words, your cats suddenly change the way they move. In no time at all, they identify one of these markings in the darkness and begin to follow their directions. You aren't sure how this room is any safer than the others, but at least its something to go on. Regardless, even if it's just for a little bit, some time to collect yourself is more than welcome.

    Sadly, that time is not now.

    Looking forward through the darkness, you see it. The deathly edge of the ebony scythe. The blade itself isn't in motion. No... Rather, it has been set directly in your path and you're running right into it. You realize this. Your companion realizes this. However, between the suddenness of the attack and the breakneck speed you're moving, there's no simple way to avoid it.

    Your cat makes a split-second decision. Put everything she has into a sudden stop, she turns on her heel and throws you back the way you came. As you are sent hurling through the air, you can hear the wooden floor shredding beneath her feet. Try as she might, all the forward motion she built up is too much to much to bring to a sudden stop. Her heel snaps and her body is sent awkwardly tumbling into the monster's blade. The ebony scythe sinks into the flesh of her side but, luckily, she is able to avoid being split in two by bracing herself with her hands and sacrificing her palms. She pushes back- quickly trying to remove the blade before the reaper can finish the job. She frees herself and ducks, but it comes at a cost. Seemingly having waited until the very last moment, the black beast swings its scythe in a single, effortless stroke. Crimson color paints the air. An arm and three fingers hit the floor.

    Having sacrificed herself, the catgirl drops to the ground and curls up in agony. Her screams of anguish fill the once silent halls and mercilessly bounce of the walls into your ears.

    The black reaper takes a moment to survey the situation before slowly moving over to the downed cat. Then, without mercy, it brings the tip of its scythe down and impales the cat's thigh- effectively nailing her to the floor. The pain in the poor girl's voice is only multiplied by this act.

    "It's toying with us..." Haruka thinks aloud through trembling lips.

    With one target unable to move, the demon lets go of its scythe and does nothing more. Not even bothering to look your way, you understand all too well that it's awaiting your next move.
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  16. #1076
    Inspired Pervert hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,968
    Fukuda Masahiro
    School Building- Hallways
    Time Unknown (Morning)



    "... Ah."

    Ever since I entered this world, reality has been mercilessly hammering away at my sanity. I have suffered more in a single day than I have suffered in my entire life. Somehow, I've managed to maintain my composure most of the time. However, the screams I hear now efforcelessly slip through my defenses, hurting my bare soul. In comparison, Haruka's weeping doesn't hold a candle to these screams, born exclusively from the agony and excruciating pain of someone I know.




    "... Hah... Ah..."


    I hear my own, ragged breath, but my clubmate's voice does not reach my ears. Both tired and shocked to the point I cannot move a finger, I am not allowed to look away from the scene in front of me. The desperate urge to do something, to make it stop, to yell, to cry, to beg... It invades my mind and leaves room for nothing else. Meanwhile, the rest of my senses are struck by a flush of intense memories, all in the span of a instant. Forming a logic train of thought becomes as difficult as protecting the dying embers of a fire that is no longer meant to be, and as painful as standing in the middle of a rain of stones.

    -1 San.

    ---But, if it is for Prez's sake, I can endure it, even if it is only for a little bit longer.

    +1 Will.

    As I drown into a sea of stilled time, I further remove myself from reality in an attempt to protect myself. I calmly analyze the environment, the resourses at hand and the options available. I quickly come to the conclusion that trickery or deception won't be enough to close the gap in experience between my foe and me. Even if my chances are still abysmal, a straightforward approach is likely to yield more success. There is also the fact that I have already reached -and crossed- my limit. At best, I can keep Overload Neko manifested for no longer than a minute. Further, I am not sure if I'll be able to run any more after that. The rush of adrenaline is the only thing that's keeping me conscious. So if I am going to do something, I'll have to do it now and I'll have to pour all my remaining energy into it.

    In search for strength, I instinctively reach out for my pendant.

    "..."

    ... But it's not there.

    I gave it to Kisaragi, back then.

    -1 San

    My expression darkens in response.





    "... Karma. That thing can be killed, right?"


    The answer doesn't really matter.

    The decision has already been taken.

    The outcome will be the same, regardless.

    +1 Will.

    At some point, I have taken a firm step forward. I do not know who was it that tried to grab a hold of my arm, as if to hold off my departure, but I have freed myself. I have to go. Fukuda Masahiro cannot let this situation stand. Even if the cost to pay is high, even if he may have to bury an old promise just to keep this one, he'll take revenge on the one who has hurt Albali and will save Kuromusi Haruka both. That said, in order to do that...

    ---I have to let reason go.

    There is nothing left for the mind to comprehend. The enemy stands on a completely different level, so under these conditions, it is objectively impossible for me to defeat it... Which is precisely why I need to shut down the mind, tear apart all the walls and defenses I've set up and allow all the anger, sorrow, despair to flow in and take over. Even if my identity is torn into a thousand pieces and even if nothing remains by the time it is all over, I'll keep moving forward.

    - 3 San.
    +3 Will.
    Masahiro has entered Artificial High Tension.

    Though it might drive me insane, I'll reject the grim future that stands in front of me in the only way available.

    ... It's funny.

    When fighting, I would always think of a way to dissolve the conflict.

    Even if sometimes emotions got the better of me, I would never wish to inflict harm on others.

    But...

    I don't know what the hell is that thing standing in front of me with an arrogant attitude and I certainly do not care if it is a genuine monster or a former human...

    I'll show no restraint.

    I want to kill it.

    -1 San.
    +1 Will.
    Masahiro has gone insane!


    And, alongside the rest of my Nekos, I will.

    -------

    Wise Up!
    -Slightly Exhausted-

    Name: Fukuda Masahiro
    Alignment: Good
    Character Type: Magus


    HP: 108
    MP: 05 => 00


    Stats (Without Insanity or AHT modifiers):
    Strength: 15 => 16 (Street Fighting)
    Defense: 15 => 16 (Street Fighting)
    Magic: 19
    M. Defense: 4
    Agility: 11 => 14 (Reinforcement/Final Turn)
    Evasion: 14
    Will: 20 => 26
    Sanity: 6 => 0


    Perks


    Offensive Support
    Cost: 10 AP
    When coordinating an attack with another, the damage dealt by the attack is increased to 1.2x normal damage. Does not stack with other damage multipliers such as Sneak Attacks and Precision Strikes.


    Status Resist (Exhaustion)
    Cost: 10 AP
    Your body possesses a natural resistance which is higher than normal. As a result, it is possible to resist the effects of a chosen status effect (except Stagger and Insanity) up to Tier 2. Can be purchased multiple times to further improve resilience.

    Revenge
    When an enemy attacks an ally in a manner which would place them in critical condition (or kill them), should Masahiro attack that same opponent, moderate battle modifiers are applied to battle calculation.



    Personal Skills & Abilities


    Street Fighting
    He has became strong the hard way, and many times in the past did he stand on the loser's side, so it is something that comes not from talent, but experience and trained instinct. Combat where he is being outnumbered is not much of a disadvantage for him anymore. More like the polar opposite.
    Effect 1:
    [+1 Strength and Defense for each enemy present in combat, for a maximum gain of +5.]
    Last edited by hero; June 20th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

  17. #1077
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Mark Walker
    School Building- Hallways
    Time Unknown- Morning


    The best thing to do here is to remain calm. At this point, being faced with a threat is of little concern to you. However, that doesn't change the fact that you should antagonize said threat when given the chance. Now is not the time to take risks. If you can skirt around this situation without elevating things, that would be the smart thing to do. That much is clear. It's better to save your energy for when you need it most. However, despite your pleasantries, it doesn't seem like this girl shares that mindset.

    Before you can get the words out your mouth proper, she draws a handgun from her waist and aims it directly at your head. There are no wasted movements. No hesitation. It's a simple motion you've only seen a handful of times, but you can tell that she has mastered it. She has experience handling that firearm and- at this range- it's unlikely that she would miss.

    "You're willing to cooperate, huh? Well... That makes things rather simple then."

    She maintains her sadistic smile as she rests her finger on the trigger. However, after looking you in the eye for a second, something seems to throw her off. Her grin eases up and her aim shifts ever so slightly. It's hard to tell exactly, but... If you had to guess, you would say she just shifted her aim from your forehead to your eye.

    "I'm looking for some people. Three of them. One is a high school boy with short pink hair. ...More than likely he's carrying a practice sword with him. The others are a older black male with slicked back white hair... And a white foreigner girl with green hair and a dangerous look. Ring any bells?"

    As soon as the question is asked, her finger pulls back on the trigger. Without warning, a bullet whirls right by your ear into the wall behind you. It was so close that you feel the lead brushing the hairs on your skin. The sound echoes in your ear mercilessly.

    The expression on the girl's face is serious. And judging by that shot just now, she's expecting a hasty and clear answer. Finger gently pulling back on the trigger again, she adjusts her aim and looks you dead in the eye.
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  18. #1078
    Harder Better Edgier Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mark Walker
    School Building- Hallways
    Time Unknown- Morning


    His ears buzzing, he did his best to regain his composure. He had many questions, such as, how was that woman able to fire a gun and still retain her hearing? Was she wearing earplugs or something? What little mind he had, it was lost as he raised his arms in an universal gesture of surrender. As one martial artist said when his pupils asked when you were pointed at by a gun, the only possibility was raising your hands. The issue was, that if she wanted to shoot him, he also said the only possibility was dying. He was too traumatized, far too gone to even feel fear anymore. But, he knew he was badly fucked. He was in no position to do anything but get his brains blown out. Unless he did something about it fast. Magic circuits would shine like a goddamn bedside light the second he switched them on and result on a bullet between his eyes, so they were best turned off for now.

    He needed to think, quick. What did this person want? Why did she outright use her gun? As far as violence went, she did not hesitate to use it, and most likely wouldn't hesitate to dispose of him, unless given very good reasons to stop.

    I could fight. But, it would take time, resources, and could cost me my life, too. On top of that, if she wanted me dead, she would have done so already. Until she gets what she wants, odds are she won't kill me. Yet. Shit. If I had the police or Masahiro to rely upon as threats this would be far easier, as her attention would be split. Wait. I don't have the police, but I do have something in this world that... Maybe...

    Well, here goes nothing.

    -"I... think one of the people rings a bell, yes. I'm... more than willing to share with you what I know about him and his last whereabouts I know of.

    But, not here. That gunshot has probably attracted unwarranted attention, no, I'm definitely sure something will come. Let's get out of here first. Trust me, some of the things here, not even a gun will do any harm to them. I have seen monsters shrug off wounds that would kill off human beings, and I'm sure your ammo is limited. If you want to find them, you will need to get there alive, and with each shot, both your ammo count and the amount of monsters approaching increase.

    I'll get straight to the point: If we don't fight, I will not only tell you all of what I know but do whatever it takes to keep you from shooting me. Fighting and killing each other here, no matter what the outcome, is tremendously disadvantageous to both of us. If we fight to the death one of us might walk alive, but odds are will be severely wounded, this is not the world we come from where hospitals and such exist, and my eardrum banging doesn't do wonders for memory about where I might have seen someone or what their names might be."

    His best bet in his head was simple: keep his calm and appeal not to morality, but to mutual self preservation. Try to get out of the current situation. He'd already attempted fighting a survivor and it ended poorly. She was violent and unstable, but through that, she should be able to understand that by fighting, neither would really win.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

  19. #1079
    ⚠ Trouble Sei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Probably AFK
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,615
    Blog Entries
    21
    Mark Walker
    School Building- Hallways
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    The girl's eyes stay fixed on you, unwavering. The more you talk, the harsher and more displeased she seems to get. Yet she doesn't do anything to interrupt you. Instead, she listens intently to each and every single word you say. Though it may not be what she wanted to hear, her thinking seems to at least be sound enough to understand when an offer is being made to her.

    Still...

    As soon as you're done with your proposal, she calmly raises her gun and points it at the ceiling. Eyes never leaving yours once, she pulls the trigger once more and fills the dark halls with another resounding gunshot.

    "Or you could talk here and I don't shoot you in the leg," Pointing the gun right back at you, the girl makes a bone-chilling statement, "Tell me what you know and I won't leave you for dead."

    Her words are clear, simple, and cold. In no time at all, she has sifted through your calm composure and taken hold of what you fear in this situation. To be short, she has shifted the balance of power in her favor. And as she looks at you with expecting eyes, a medley of concerning sounds start to bleed through the ringing in your ears.

    "...I won't need bullets if I have a scapegoat."
    Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

  20. #1080
    Harder Better Edgier Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mark Walker
    School Building- Hallways
    Time Unknown (Morning)


    HP: 100, MP: 100

    "...I won't need bullets if I have a scapegoat."
    That last part was interesting, to say the least. She was driving a hard bargain, because she was cornered and crazy. She wanted to use him for whatever was coming, to hold it back. On the other hand, his instincts told him... that could also be used to his advantage.

    Something or someone was definitely coming. Back then, she was focusing her whole attention on taking him down if he moved a muscle. But now, she was confident that she had him cornered, and on top of that focused too on escaping the current situation. What she believed to be a position of power, was actually a trap of her own making for herself. He sure as hell wasn't going to trust the word of an insane person, but she had given him an opening wide enough to create a chance to turn the situation around and move the battle somewhere else, if not flee it altogether.

    -"Allright. If he is who I think he is, he is Yuuta. Tsukino Yuuta. He's crazy good with his wooden sword, but he's probably very gullible."

    That was all he knew, and he was dead certain that as soon as he told her all the information she would reposition herself to force him to stay back and fight whatever was coming. But he wasn't going to fall for that. As soon as he said that, he crouched and shifted his body to give her less body surface to shoot, and Reinforced his legs and nerves to move faster, while also pumping his skin and muscles to act as a shield to prevent damage to vitals and tendons in the few seconds where he hoped she would be confused! It was do or die! Pumping his body with as much Prana as he could muster in a single burst, he readied himself for the execution of his plan

    High Reinforcement self x 3 - AGI, DEF and EVA -> 19 AGI, 18 DEF, 19 EVA

    Magic Circuit Suppression - OFF

    Either fight him, or fight whatever is coming behind him! She was expecting him to fight her, so he calculated she would probably shoot in order to prevent him from approaching her, but now that her attention had to be split and she did not know the full extent of his ability, it was the best time to run before she had a chance to incapacitate him to serve as bait for what was coming behind them, so he turned tail and attempted to flee in the opposite direction he came from, crouching and zig zagging as to lower the accuracy of her shots!

    Mark Walker
    MP: 70
    HP: 100
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •