Thread: The RPG RP (Idea/building thread)

Blog Entries

The RPG RP (Idea/building thread)

Since you were young, you knew you were born with a grand destiny. You knew there must be prophecies about you and you knew that you were the protagonist of this epic tale. But unlike any other story, you did not seek out greatness and it did not find you. Instead, you simply believed that it was true. How could it not, if you lived your whole life like the main character of an RPG, a hero, if you will?
    Unlike regular people who lived regular lives, you knew you were special. There were... signs! For example, when you had your hands full but wanted to hold onto something, it would disappear into an inventory, whatever that is. Perhaps it was another dimension, or perhaps it was within your head, or something else, but whatever the case, you could recall these items to your hands instantly. You weren't limited on weight, but you were limited on the number of items! Then there were these nights that you slept. Sometimes, you actually dreamed like a normal person, but once... just a single time, you dreamed of a Stats Sheet. It had all your information on it, and you had a bunch of attribute points to use too. When you used those points, the next day, you found yourself noticably stronger, smarter, and faster.

The scariest aspect of this, however, is something that scarred you for life. Well, perhaps for all your lives would be the better term for it. You see, a while ago, you... died. You died in a simple accident as a child, but guess what happened? Instead of appearing in Heaven or Hell, or any other realm of the after-life, you appeared at the beginning of your game menu. You had no idea what would happen if you had selected 'Quit Game', so you selected 'Restart from Last Check Point' instead. There were some other options, but you were very freaked out, and even now, you don't want to experience death again... yet.
    Attribute: Strength: How strong you are.
    Attribute: Dexterity: How quick you are, both instinctively and otherwise.
    Attribute: Constitution: How much damage can you weather.
    Attribute: Charisma: How attractive, pursuasive, and charismatic you can be.
    Attribute: Magic: How much magic can you use.
    Attribute: Skill: How well are you at your various skills.
    Attribute: Luck: Chance of a Hand Wave or Deus Ex Machina occuring. Passive: 10% of this Stat is added to all other Stats
    Trait: Hoarder: You grew up hoarding things. You didn't like using items and consumables in your games and you certainly don't like using them away in real life. So you kept them in your inventory. (+50% Inventory Size)

Trait: Stacker: You were the type to level up your Starter Pokemon and leave the rest to just be HM Bitches. Your own power is greater, but it seems like the world is on hard mode, with enemies being stronger and your own allies being weaker. (+25% Stats, +50% Difficulty)

Trait: All Routes: You realized that you could bend the fabrics of reality with your reset button, allowing you to turn back time. Though this means you would have reduced stats at times, it also means you have greater insight on what is to come and you aren't so afraid to lose what you have worked for, for a even better attempt at it all. (Unlocked Reset Button)

Trait: Gold Buyer: You don't know where all this stuff comes from, but it seems like you have a form of the Golden Rule. That is, you have money, though not too much, when you need it or desire it enough. People seem to hate you more however, and many people seem to think of you as lazy. (Random Chance of Money, -25% Charisma)

Trait: Moe Moe Kyun: You realized that you could be the prettiest and cutest you could ever be. After all, you are the only one in this world who could min-max your stats, while everyone else had to be flawed! You are certainly charismatic, but people might want you in other ways, making life rather dangerous. (+50% Charisma with Love Interests, +100% Chance of Sexual Harrassment)

Trait: Lore Geek: You like history. You like history! You love history! Your life is for reading and absorbing all knowledge, for everything is for you to read and enjoy. You love the tales of ancient prophecies and perhaps even some that relate to you. But best of all you can analyze everything that you learn and even relate them to Real World History. As a bonus, you can even see most of the Easter Eggs as clear as day!

Trait: Min-Max-er: You like to make the most of your game. Oh, who are you kidding, you are a power gamer. People you meet will feel less than friendly towards you, for your own feelings towards them, but out in the wild and in the heat of battle, that is where you shine. (+50% Attributes During Battle, -50% Attributes Outside of Battle)

Trait: Grinder: You can mindlessly go at a mindless task for hours on end, more than anything anyone can endure. It's a menial task, but you can do it, and you can do it a lot... and well too. However, this means you lack the practice for thinking with utilizing your intellect. (+10% Endurance, -10% Skill)

TL;DR? It's an idea about a game where you are an RPG character with every kind of RPG gameplay mechanic available to you. Now go do something protagonist-y or something.
    Or help me make this work.

I'll be editing this post as we build this game.

Honestly, I don't even know which series or world to set this in. Give me some ideas, guys.
    Last edited by deviatesfish; March 20th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle HolySeraph's Avatar
    Hmm...the Moe Moe Kyun trait amuses me.
    Makes me think of Hideyoshi or most harem series.

Though...I think Negima may fit. Recent chat in IRC had the idea of a magic school of the magic world.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle whosaidthat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just for the hell of it, let's try Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple.
    Fate/Core Hero [Fate Stay Night/???]

Maybe just a original school setting instead?

Blog Entries
    I second the idea for Negima.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Negima doesn't sound too bad. Where would we start? Mahora, Negi's magic school in Wales, Mundus, Magicus?

Or how about the Clocktower in London or Atlas underneath Egypt?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I say we start things off in the world of Berserk.

Right after the Eclipse.

In the middle of the Fairy Children's Woods.

No Weapons.

No Clothes.

Only Moe.

How long will our frail little protagonist survive?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle whosaidthat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post

Right after the Eclipse.

No Weapons.

No Clothes.

Only Moe.

Humanity still can't measure with complete accuracy the small time unit you are proposing.
    Fate/Core Hero [Fate Stay Night/???]

Another idea I got was Earthbound or maybe Saint Row. Though, the latter is harder to pull off I think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post

Right after the Eclipse.

No Weapons.

No Clothes.

Only Moe.

>Press tilde

>"player.additem crimsonbehelit"

>"global.clrflag 5thgodhand"

>"player.setflag chosen"

I win
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Hm... Console commands and 4th Wall Breakage could be potential abilities...

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidthat View Post
    Humanity still can't measure with complete accuracy the small time unit you are proposing.
    Actually, we just may have, the Planck time, which is roughly 10^-44 seconds.

Also I object to the Min-Maxer trait, It should be 50% to attributes in-combat or attributes out of combat, and the penalty on the opposite. There are Min-Maxers who break the game out of combat.

Some traits I shall donate:
    Trait: Speed-Runner:
    You were never one for doing things slowly. You were the sort who blazed through the core quests and called it a day.
    +10% Skill, reduced chance of noticing optional objectives [You don't have time for those...]

Trait: Challenge Lord
    You were the sort of person who started a game on its hardest difficulty and didn't grab a single item or upgrade. And won.
    +40% Skill, -50% to all other attributes [You're gonna need it mate]

Blog Entries
    Random ideas for things I may or may not do in almost all games ever...

Trait: Jump At All Times
    Let's face it, why just walk from place to place when you can jump to your destination? That was your logic when you ran from one city to another, slamming into your jump button like the fist of the north star, building calluses on your character's feet as you leaped your way around the world. (+XX% Dexterity, -XX% Skill) (I've got nothing in mind for numbers)

Trait: Speed Leveler
    Admit it, you're not in this for the lore. You're here to level up, kill monsters, and get loot. Why sit around and listen to an NPC tell you all about how the local bandits slaughtered his family when you could just say "yeah, sure, okay" and go kill the darn bandits? (+XX% to all stats, keywords in quest information (such as the names of important NPCs, locations of your objectives, etc) will be lost because of your decision to blitz through lore, making your objectives less clear.)

Blog Entries
    Trait: Yellow Thought Boxes
    You break the Fourth Wall. You know that you are a character in a text based game, and that makes everything... stranger. People think you are crazy when you make references that don't make sense to them, but you know what they mean. You can even read ahead or try to kiss up to the GM, and various other things that come with being a being who knows exactly what you are.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Hey could we do this through some Tales Games?
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Playing through this RP as Red Mage from 8-bit theater will be most interesting. Do you guys agree with me on that?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    Playing through this RP as Red Mage from 8-bit theater will be most interesting. Do you guys agree with me on that?
    No not really.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

US Friend Code
    I'll try to contribute.

Trait : RPG Bishounen
    You're the Sexy Badass of the game, you have tons of fangirls and as many envious male haters, you are as good as you look.
    (+30% Stats, +50% Charisma to the female gender, and -50% Charisma to the male gender.)

Is this okay? (^_^)
    何処に行くの

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoS2 View Post
    I'll try to contribute.

Trait : RPG Bishounen
    You're the Sexy Badass of the game, you have tons of fangirls and as many envious male haters, you are as good as you look.
    (+30% Stats, +50% Charisma to the female gender, and -50% Charisma to the heterosexual male gender +150% to the homosexual male gender cannot be gay.)

Is this okay? (^_^)
    What about this^

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    What about this^
    Better, imo.

Much more descriptive.
    何処に行くの