Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lunatique

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    More than ever, I see Zelrecht's position as the Doctor Who of the Nasuverse cemented: Pompous, mercurial, savvy as all hell and impossibly dangerous. His interaction with Rin - and how he goads her - seem to perfectly fit this image of a person who will dangerously test someone to their very limits, all in the hopes of making them better people

The portrayal of Crimson Moon really sold me. Monstrous in its ability to grasp that others exist, Type Moon harms those round it with the childlike innocence, idly curious and frightfully devoid of malice. It hurts you not because it hates you, but because it cannot understand that you are hurt and finds your twitching so unusually engrossing. I've long wanted to run a game of Changeling: the Lost with Crimson Moon as a True Fae, and now I know how.

I'd cirticize more, but for now I am starved for time. Well done, and congrats on the contest!

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    O_O

Mozco, you wrote this masterpiece?

I....am embarrassed to say this, but I would not have guessed that you wrote this. It's different from what I've come to expect of you, and yet it's so gods damned amazingly good.

LL expresses my opinion very well. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a shrine to build in someone's honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Damn, this story was awesome. You take something that's an accepted part of the Nasuverse, such an accepted part that most fans take it for granted, and you made it come alive. It takes a writer of uncommon skill to write something like this so well, so it would be canon, yet original all at once. Brilliant, Moczo, utterly brilliant.

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend View Post
    The portrayal of Crimson Moon really sold me. Monstrous in its ability to grasp that others exist, Type Moon harms those round it with the childlike innocence, idly curious and frightfully devoid of malice. It hurts you not because it hates you, but because it cannot understand that you are hurt and finds your twitching so unusually engrossing. I've long wanted to run a game of Changeling: the Lost with Crimson Moon as a True Fae, and now I know how.
    ...Aaaaand now I want play that game, because it sounds ridiculously awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Blog Entries
    More than ever, I see Zelrecht's position as the Doctor Who of the Nasuverse cemented: Pompous, mercurial, savvy as all hell and impossibly dangerous. His interaction with Rin - and how he goads her - seem to perfectly fit this image of a person who will dangerously test someone to their very limits, all in the hopes of making them better people

I'd cirticize more, but for now I am starved for time. Well done, and congrats on the contest!

Crimson Moon as one of the Gentry?

Fuck, yeah, I second the opinion of 'want to play in that game'.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend's Changeling Game Preamble
    Crimson Moon.

His realm is moonswept plains of pale flowers. Cragged castles claw at the sky. Gnarled forests twisting like madmen (for indeed they are madmen-or were, once). And all along this place of vivid and eternal night, he stalks.

His subjects, or pets, or morsels of food (are these so different, to him?) come in forms befitting his world.

Beast-kin of feral forms and hungry hearts prowl his plains. of Darklings, slippery shadows of lurking things haunt his castle and spread shadows like mold at war with moonlight. Ogres rend and tear and chew and thrash, experiments in fortitude and vigor long since abandoned to his boredom and too much accustomed to his ways.

On the rarest of occasions a Fairest is brought forth; a pretty toy for his other pets to frolick and fawn and fuck until the game grows too boring for the Fairest and it rends its playmates apart (for what could be deadlier than a pretty face with a hollow heart?)

These are those he makes for his idle games, past-times to while away all eternity as the odd clockwork of his ancient brain unwinds with sharp and unrelenting precision.

Crimson Moon dwells here.

And he wants to share his weird bounties with all the world.
    Really, all of the Nasuverse fits fairly well into World of Darkness. I was thinking that - with some retooling - NWoD mages would make an excellent fit for Nasuverse mages (just fix the stupid brokeness that are the Fate, Space, and Mind arcana). Arcueid fits as a Changeling ogre with Striking Looks, Kotomine works for the Malleas Malleficum, and Ryougi Shiki is a slasher with 5 Dexterity and the 6-dot merit Eyes of Death Perception.

All of this is a roundabout way of saying "Yes, I really like how this version of Cirmson Moon was characterized. He's a lot more aloof and a lot less arrogant than I thought he'd be."

I would love to see more of Gransurg and Merem here, as well. The two have such a nicely pointed dynamic - sycophantic Gransurg buts heads so often with the impetuous and sassy Merem. I want to see a bromance bloom between these two Crimson Moon's No. 1 fans, forced to team up because of bad luck!

Overall, thanks again for writing this; it's a real treat!

Really, all of the Nasuverse fits fairly well into World of Darkness. I was thinking that - with some retooling - NWoD mages would make an excellent fit for Nasuverse mages (just fix the stupid brokeness that are the Fate, Space, and Mind arcana). Arcueid fits as a Changeling ogre with Striking Looks, Kotomine works for the Malleas Malleficum, and Ryougi Shiki is a slasher with 5 Dexterity and the 6-dot merit Eyes of Death Perception.

All of this is a roundabout way of saying "Yes, I really like how this version of Cirmson Moon was characterized. He's a lot more aloof and a lot less arrogant than I thought he'd be."

I would love to see more of Gransurg and Merem here, as well. The two have such a nicely pointed dynamic - sycophantic Gransurg buts heads so often with the impetuous and sassy Merem. I want to see a bromance bloom between these two Crimson Moon's No. 1 fans, forced to team up because of bad luck!

Overall, thanks again for writing this; it's a real treat!
    Now that certainly looks interesting. You're just making me want to play in this game more.

No Elementals or Wizenend though?

“Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

I suppose Elementals /could/ exist in Crimson moon the True Fae's realm (Forests and flowers and plains would need to be made, too), but I didn't seem them as quite so integral as the previous cases (each of which fit into the gothic novel/survival-of-the-fittest motif much better).

I'd also doubt Crimson Moon would even think of Wizened. Something a powerful and aloof and far-reaching as him wouldn't really need servitors to do unpleasant tasks, and besides, I don't know how I'd fit something defined as fundamentally weak or unnoticeable into Crimson Moon's world

If you can think of a way to make these other two Seemings fit into the world, lease share them! I'm just a little tapped right now in thinking of a way to make this work.

It's a shame NWoD vampires are so weaksauce compared to other splats in the gameline. They ease with which they frenzy (read: flip the fuck out) might work for The Dead, but once you start getting into higher levels, folks like the Dead Apostle Ancestors don't fit so well anymore. (The fc that they can survive sunlight is more than enough of a deal-breaker for me) Plus, you'd be hard-pressed to make Merem Solomon or Gransurg fit into the WoD Vampire template, given their rather peculiar skillsets. I'd argue Merem /might/ have a discipline that allows him to call on, manipulate and create Spirits, but I'd be hard-pressed to figure out how Gransurg's abilities work.

How should someone characterize more Merem/Gransurg interactions. They strike me as best frenemies, at once distinctly loathing each other's eccentricities, but understanding each other form having so much of a personal history to really trust one another if they need to join forces.

What do you all think? Ho should further Merem/Gransurg interactions go?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vampires are...hard to characterize properly. Seriously.

Especially those two, since they apparently share this...friendship-like bond, but at the same time both work for organizations that would wipe eachother out without a second thought if they had the chance to.
    It's weird. I wouldn't be able to do it properly.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I suppose Elementals /could/ exist in Crimson moon the True Fae's realm (Forests and flowers and plains would need to be made, too), but I didn't seem them as quite so integral as the previous cases (each of which fit into the gothic novel/survival-of-the-fittest motif much better).

I'd also doubt Crimson Moon would even think of Wizened. Something a powerful and aloof and far-reaching as him wouldn't really need servitors to do unpleasant tasks, and besides, I don't know how I'd fit something defined as fundamentally weak or unnoticeable into Crimson Moon's world

If you can think of a way to make these other two Seemings fit into the world, lease share them! I'm just a little tapped right now in thinking of a way to make this work.

It's a shame NWoD vampires are so weaksauce compared to other splats in the gameline. They ease with which they frenzy (read: flip the fuck out) might work for The Dead, but once you start getting into higher levels, folks like the Dead Apostle Ancestors don't fit so well anymore. (The fc that they can survive sunlight is more than enough of a deal-breaker for me) Plus, you'd be hard-pressed to make Merem Solomon or Gransurg fit into the WoD Vampire template, given their rather peculiar skillsets. I'd argue Merem /might/ have a discipline that allows him to call on, manipulate and create Spirits, but I'd be hard-pressed to figure out how Gransurg's abilities work.

How should someone characterize more Merem/Gransurg interactions. They strike me as best frenemies, at once distinctly loathing each other's eccentricities, but understanding each other form having so much of a personal history to really trust one another if they need to join forces.

What do you all think? Ho should further Merem/Gransurg interactions go?
    Well, actually, I just noticed that you DID fit Elementals in there, even if you didn't name them(Gnarled forests twisting like madmen (for indeed they are madmen-or were, once).), but you do have a point about the Wizened. He probably wouldn't ever bother with such a thing.

About this whole thing. Do you actually plan on running such a game at some point?

Vampires are...hard to characterize properly. Seriously.

Especially those two, since they apparently share this...friendship-like bond, but at the same time both work for organizations that would wipe eachother out without a second thought if they had the chance to.
    It's weird. I wouldn't be able to do it properly.
    Any supernatural creature which is inhuman is hard to do. A creature which was human and now isn't is really hard to do. Combining that with the ridiculously long lifespans of a creature that cannot die is stupidly hard to do. Vampires as unthinking monsters is easy; vampires as people with superpowers is easy. Vampires as former people who have such a skewed view of the world brought about by their hunger and lifestyle, isn't. It's a hard line to balance.

I'd have thought the dynamic might have been a bit like that of Littlefinger and Varys from Game of Thrones - a polite, mutual distrust framed with cattishness.

Well, actually, I just noticed that you DID fit Elementals in there, even if you didn't name them(Gnarled forests twisting like madmen (for indeed they are madmen-or were, once).), but you do have a point about the Wizened. He probably wouldn't ever bother with such a thing.About this whole thing. Do you actually plan on running such a game at some point?
    Heh, yeah. I should have given elementals a bit of a shout-out, but I wrote that when it was late and I was tired.

Actually, I'm running a quasi-Nasuverse game right now. My Mage PCs are currently studying under not!Touko Aozaki in an occult detective agency. The southern belle (The not!Aozaki sisters have southern accents) is a Thrysus who specialized in dealing with spirits and the study of human spiritual evolution. So far, my PCs have squared off against pyrokinetic not!Kokuto Azaka (who's extremely insecure about her artistic abilities), a pair of gay vampire lovers (a Mekhet based off of Merem Solomon, and a whiny Nosferatu), not! Araya Souren (who dd experiments in artificial awakenings and people's sin's) and not!Tokiomi Tohsaka (combine Gilgemesh's arrogance, add a penchant for swordplay and a knack for teleporting, and make him the head of the local chapter of the Mage's Association).

I'd like to try and do a Mortals/Hunter or Changeling game using Tsukihime as a backdrop. My idea would be to have a clutch of players who were familiar with Type Moon, set the game in not!Misaki City, and let the PCs fill the slots that would normally be filled by the main characters of the Visual Novel. The Nanayas are a bloodline of Hunters with strange bullshit superpower (and automatically 5 dots in dexterity, minimum), the Tohnos would be have various Dread Powers from Hunter, and everything True Ancestor related would be using Changeling books (Arcueid is a recolored Oni, for instance). Either that or we discard the trappings of tsukihime entirely and just say 'it's the Nasuverse, go nuts'. All I know for sure is that Crimson Moon is an awesome name for one of the Gentry.

I fear I'm derailing the discussion a bit; shall we head over here here to carry on this discussion.