Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nasuverse in the World of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    And just to add a further level of complication - would anything be better expressed through, say, Exalted? Or Aberrant (the Trinity setting rule system)? There are connections between Exalted and the Classic World of Darkness, at least, and since the rules are compatible in all the games, they can probably be adjusted as needed.
    No.

Just no.

Edit:
    Maybe I should explain myself here.

Exalted, Scion, and WoD (the new one at least) use completely different scale of power. In a sense, Exalted are Divine Spirits/True Ancestors, Scions are Servants/CGs/Dead Apostle Ancestors, and WoD is everyone else. At least in my eyes anyways...
    Last edited by qsurf; May 8th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *shrug* OK - I just thought it was worth asking.

Scion I'm only familiar with through Wikipedia. The concept sounded neat, but the Quickplay rules are gibberish.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

*shrug* OK - I just thought it was worth asking.Scion I'm only familiar with through Wikipedia. The concept sounded neat, but the Quickplay rules are gibberish.
    Well, to be honest with ya, Scion's actually the easiest one out of the three systems to understand right off the bat, and it's one of those things that get a little terrifying once you start thinking about the sheer scale of it all.

For instance, you have three levels, right? Hero (Beyond Human), Demigod, and God.Now at some point, if you invest in the right skills and attributes, your character would be able to punch through steel and lift a semi (doing little else). The weakest demigod can easily survive a terminal fall with just a bruise. And at the highest levels of an attribute, a god could quite literally do anything within its purview...crack the world? Strength. Move in an instant (literally)? Dexterity. Ask a Titan not to eat you? Charisma. Know everything? Intelligence. Premonition? Wits.

Scion operates on the same rules that the Heroic Spirits and Throne of Heroes seem to operate on, that is the more well known you are, the more powerful you'll be, BUT quite literally Fate itself will do everything it can for you as a Scion to live up to your Legend. If your Legend says that you are a force of evil? Well...sorry, but even if you're a nice guy, you'll be pulled into situations that would require you to pull the evil act. This effect gets stronger the more powerful you become until even other people and Legendary beings (like other Scions) are manipulated by Fate to take part in your Legend in various roles, this affect is called Fatebinding, and works the moment you show up in an area. This is the one of the reasons why the gods in the setting come down to the Human World very rarely even with precautions such as depowering themselves or possessing someone.
    Last edited by qsurf; May 8th, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    Sounds like Aberrant on steroids, then - and with rules in place that makes sure Scion isn't quite as broken as that game at the higher levels.

It might make more sense as a fully fleshed-out system, but the .pdf I downloaded didn't, that's all.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Exalted is still undergoing extensive errata efforts, at that, so it may be best to hold up on any efforts to make conversions to that system ... if in fact any should be made at all.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    I think Qsurf's point was that we shouldn't.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

*nods*

I've tried a crossover between the three systems before...it was one of the embarrassing clusterfucks I have ever been involved in.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    My group once crossed Aberrant with Adventure - which, while belonging to the same universe, had completely different power scales. But I wanted to play a Batman-esque, pulp hero type, instead of the godlike characters Aberrant had, so the Storyteller allowed it. While my character had definite limitations when it came to dishing out or taking damage, it was still pretty fun to do. Especially when I kept outclassing one of the novas whenever he tried to do the same things, much to that player's frustration.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

My group once crossed Aberrant with Adventure - which, while belonging to the same universe, had completely different power scales. But I wanted to play a Batman-esque, pulp hero type, instead of the godlike characters Aberrant had, so the Storyteller allowed it. While my character had definite limitations when it came to dishing out or taking damage, it was still pretty fun to do. Especially when I kept outclassing one of the novas whenever he tried to do the same things, much to that player's frustration.
    Yes, those belong to the same universe, the three in question do not, the clusterfuck was more about resolving each one's cosmology to interact with each other...gods that was a nightmare, we argued more about that than playing. The Towers are the Centers of the Titan Realms my ass...

Though now that I think about it, transferring them to a new universe all together would actually work out, at least on the surface.

Add that the Scion gods are dead, along with the scions themselves, that sets up the throne of heroes; maybe with EMIYA as a particularly strong hero-level Scion or weak demigod level, who triggered his own Divine Visitation during the HGW. As for Shirou...perhaps being implanted with Avalon has had it slowly infusing his body with Legend. The Dead Apostle Ancestors as well work from Legend, not sure how to apply this though =/...unless they are all using the Exatled system along with the Types and True Ancestors.

The rest of the World would be nWoD-style, with the Magi instead of Mages, whose system will represent the True Magics ('cause it is, Mages are broken).
    Last edited by qsurf; May 13th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    I'll take your word on Mage - but it sounds like this could work, if you wanted it to.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

I'll take your word on Mage - but it sounds like this could work, if you wanted it to.
    Mages, while they are human go through a spontaneous event called an Awakening at some point in their lives, what happens is that their Soul reaches one of the Towers within one of the Realms that lie beyond the Abyss, and the so-called Reality that Mages call the Lie, officially, there are 5 known Paths, each one connected with a Tower and Realm. While each Path can draw on the Power of the Ten Arcana, the Forces of the Universe, to cast their spells, the Paths have two major Arcana that they are conceptually more synced with than the others:

- Acanthus Path of the Watchtower of the Lunargent Thorn in Arcadia, the Realm of the Faerie, able to manipulate Fate and Time.
    - Mastigos Path of the Watchtower of the Iron Gauntlet in Pandemonium, the Realm of the Demons, able to manipulate Mind and Space.
    - Moros Path of the Watchtower of the Lead Coin in Stygia, the Realm of the Dead, able to manipulate Death and Matter.
    - Obrimos Path of the Watchtower of the Golden Key in Aether, the Realm of the Divine, able to manipulate Forces and Prime.
    - Thyrsus Path of the Watchtower of the Stone Book in the Primal Wild, the Realm of Spirits, able to manipulate Life and Spirit.

Meanwhile the Paths themselves:

- Death: The Arcanum of decay and death, capable of removing souls and affecting or creating ghosts and undead and manipulating Entropy.
    - Fate: The Arcanum of luck and destiny, capable of defining the random and forcing the hand of Fate.
    - Forces: The Arcanum of energy and kinetics, capable of controlling flames and electricity and stopping bullets.
    - Life: The Arcanum of creatures and plants, capable of healing wounds, enhancing physical capabilities and creating impossible hybrid beasts.
    - Matter: The Arcanum of inanimate objects and inert elements, capable of transmuting materials and enhancing mundane objects.
    - Mind: The Arcanum of thoughts and dreams, capable of reading and controlling thoughts and emotions and enhancing mental capacities.
    - Prime: The Arcanum of pure magical force and structure, capable of dispelling magic, enchanting items, manipulating Mana and creating illusory constructs.
    - Space: The Arcanum of distance and separation, capable of observing and affecting far distances, creating overlapping dimensions and allowing teleportation.
    - Spirit: The Arcanum of Spirits and their Realm, capable of summoning and controlling spirits and forging links through the Gauntlet.
    - Time: The Arcanum of the passage of time and aging, capable of manipulating the flow of time and jumping over periods of time.

So yeah, Mages can actually do anything as long as they have the right mix of Arcana, I've seen guys casually discuss the mechanics of turning a human into a sandwich.
    Last edited by qsurf; May 14th, 2012 at 12:33 AM.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    Mage: the Awakening is bloody broken. Being able to teleport anywhere providing you have a photo of it, being able to cause all the water in a room to animate and slide into an antagonist's lungs, being able to break down solid objects and turn them into mana, being able to turn corn to locusts: these are all possible for a starting character with 3 dots in the appropriate Arcana.

Mind you, the Paradox which comes from being too abusive with the fabric of reality might try to kill you, but screw it: you can soak it as bashing damage and sleep it off.

(New World Mage needs some hacks to make it balanced).

I'd recommend the Hunter splat Witch Hunters for more 'mere mortal' level Magi in a Nasuverse game, but that's just me being power level-concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend View Post
    Mage: the Awakening is bloody broken. Being able to teleport anywhere providing you have a photo of it, being able to cause all the water in a room to animate and slide into an antagonist's lungs, being able to break down solid objects and turn them into mana, being able to turn corn to locusts: these are all possible for a starting character with 3 dots in the appropriate Arcana.

Mind you, the Paradox which comes from being too abusive with the fabric of reality might try to kill you, but screw it: you can soak it as bashing damage and sleep it off.

(New World Mage needs some hacks to make it balanced).

I'd recommend the Hunter splat Witch Hunters for more 'mere mortal' level Magi in a Nasuverse game, but that's just me being power level-concerned.
    Like I said, Magi would have the potential to grow into Mages, so no worries on that score. I'll check out Witch Hunters, I'm not very familiar with Hunters as yet.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    . . . It's interesting looking back on this thread, given the fun I've had integrating White Wolf into the Grail Works setting - particularly the aggravation I went through trying to get a copy of Scion (emphasis on "trying").

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette