Thread: Shinji's Route (complete)

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shinji's Route (complete)

School went as usual and nothing of interest came up. Of course that’s just how things are supposed to be in the life of Emiya Shirou. Quiet and simple away from the strange and amazing things your father told you were out there in the world at large.

You thought about swinging by the Archery club to talk to Shinji. You’ve felt bad about the gap in your friendship after the incident with Sakura, while you felt it had to be done the way things are presently don’t sit with you well. Suddenly a sense of dread hits you like a truck, for some reason you’re certain that if you go to the Archery club you’ll certainly die.

Shaking off the odd feeling you realize if you spend any more time here you’ll be late for work. The boss promised anyone who came in on a day off a bonus but honestly you just want to help him out. Hurrying along to work you find that in the end you’re the only one who showed up tonight apart from the boss and his wife.

After work you head home certain that Fuji-nee and Sakura won’t be there since you stayed late to help out. Taiga will probably chew you out tomorrow but at least for now you’re safe.

Entering the house you move to the dining room to find a note on the table informing you that Sakura put dinner in the fridge for you. Taking a moment you pull out a dish of cold chicken and rice from the fridge and set the oven to warm it up. After a bit you sit down to eat and turn on the TV.

The late news is on, a story from earlier is being repeated. Apparently there have been an odd number of gas leaks recently in the new part of town. It’s a bit disturbing but there isn’t much you can do about it.

It getting late now that dinner’s finished you

1) Go to bed you’re tired, tomorrow’s a school day.

2) Keep up with your routine, go to the shed to practice magic

Choice one: You decide to turn in for the night. It’s late and you have school tomorrow and if you wake up early you might be able to talk to Shinji and clear the air a bit.

After breakfast with Sakura and Fuji-nee where you were ceremoniously chewed out you head to school with Sakura arriving at the front gate you see Shinji, he looks like he’s waiting for Sakura.

1) Talk to Shinji now

2) Wait until after school

Choice two: You decide that while you’re a bit tired you can’t very well shrug off your training. You aren’t very good at magic and what you know isn’t even a list but if you can master this one thing then maybe it’ll get you a little closer to being like your father.

Concentrating you start the process of creating a new magic circuit. It’s dangerous but if you’re ever going to get better you’ll have to risk it. You pick up a busted pipe, while it’s not ideal it’ll do considering your level of skill. Concentrating you start to feel the flow of prana and then suddenly nothing.

Opening your eyes you find the pipe snapped clear in half. A certain failure, honestly you expected that.

1) Keep trying

2) Go to bed

Choice 1: You shake away your disappointment and start again; step by step you repeat the process to create a new magic circuit, nothing seems out of the ordinary until you feel a surge of energy inside you, thinking the worst you stop altogether.

Your fine but you realize the energy is still there, what’s more when you open your eyes you can see a bright blue glow. Standing up quickly a wave of nausea hits you and for an instant your mind pictures a golden sword.

Breathing deeply you force your eyes to open to find the light getting brighter, as it dims standing before you is a woman who appears to be your age dressed in an armoured dress of some sort.

As she turns to you, you catch sight of a pair of beautiful emerald eyes and a soft mop of blond hair.

“I ask of you, are you my master?” the girl says to you.

You’re rather confused. No confused is wrong stunned or dazed fits better. This girl who appeared out of nowhere has asked an incredible question of you.

Replying is about all you can think to do confronted with this mysterious girl.

1) No

2) what do you mean?

Choice 1:

Choice 2: “What do you mean master?” you ask curious and confused.

The girl looks at you in silence for a moment and then speaks again. “I am the servant Saber warrior in the contest known as the Holy Grail war, that mantra on your hand signifies you as a master. Are you saying you are unaware of what you are now a part of?”

Quickly you take a look at your hand and find a strange crimson symbol somehow made its way there.

“Yes that’s right I don’t have any idea about a war or a grail or masters and servants. You said your name was Saber right? Well if you can spare a moment I’ll listen to your story and how it involves me”

The girl looks at you in silence for a moment and then nods. You motion for her to follow you and the two of you enter the house. Seeing the look in her eyes you figure that whatever she has to tell you will take a while.

“Alright Saber please sit over there and I’ll make tea”

Saber nods and obediently sits on one of the cushions unphased by the lack of furniture despite her foreign appearance. You move into the kitchen and fix tea for Saber and yourself in an almost robotic manner.

Returning to the table you pour tea for you and your guest and taking a deep breath you

1) Ask about Saber

2) Ask about Servants, masters and the grail war

3) Ask if Saber would like something to eat before you begin you long talk.

Choice 3: Saber looks at you for a moment as if contemplating her answer.

“I am not very hungry right now. However I am not opposed to eating and food often helps to relax when in an otherwise stressful situation Master” Saber replies fixing her green eyes on you.

You shiver a bit at being called master. “Hey Saber um…could you not call me master anymore. I’d really just prefer my own name.”

Saber’s blond mop bobs in agreement. “As you wish master but I cannot do so unless you tell me your name.” she replies evenly.

You smack your forehead mentally as you realize you have yet to introduce yourself. “Oh ah…right. Emiya Shirou. Please call me Shirou”

Saber blinks oddly as she hears your name. “I see…Shirou…yes I think I prefer that name as well.” She states as a small smile crosses her face.

You nod, with that settled you move in the kitchen. The clock says eleven thirty, you can’t start preparing something big at this hour.

Looking in the fridge you.

1) Take the leftovers from the dinner that Sakura made

2) Take some of that instant noodle stuff

3) Make pie

You’re tired and while you want to be a good host you don’t think you’ll have the energy to make anything. Luckily you didn’t finish everything thing from dinner, you’re sure Saber will understand given the situation.

Taking a few minutes to reheat the Chicken and rice dish you come out into the living room with a smile. “Here you are Saber; this is something Sakura made earlier. Feel free to explain your story at your own pace.” You state warmly.

Saber seems a bit hesitant at first to try the dish but such apprehension disappears almost comically after she takes her first bite. Her hands are quick but proper in devouring the dish set out before her, once finished she sighs contently.

You suppress a laugh of disbelief at the small girl’s eating abilities. “I take it then that you enjoyed the meal?” you ask assured of the answer you’ll get.

“Yes it was very good. I assume this Sakura is a friend of yours then?”

You nod “Yeah” you reply truthfully.

“Alright, then to business Shirou” she states as she then launches into a rather long exposition about the nature of servants, masters and the Holy Grail wars. It makes your head spin.

“Hold on Saber. I think I understand but why do the masters have to kill each other?” You ask alarmed at the concept of needless murder.

The girl’s green eyes seem angered for a moment and then a frown crosses her face, you expect her to yell at you but instead she smiles. “I see. Allow me to explain then Shirou. It is not that masters have to kill each other it is simply that they chose to because it is the most effective means of winning.”

Your chest relaxes a bit. “Alright if that’s the case then, in order to prevent innocent people from being dragged into this war of Magi I’ll help you win Saber”

She nods and speaks again “Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems late. Are you not going to rest for tomorrow or do you plan for us to move out and search right now?”

Burdened with all this new information you

1) Search for the other masters

2) Go to bed

Choice 2: you decide that with everything you’ve heard and seen that it would be best to take the next steps in this rather overwhelming event you’ve been thrust into tomorrow.

As you stand up and take the dishes with you, you let out a yawn. “Well I guess that settles it. Tomorrow then Saber, pick out a room to sleep in we have plenty here.” You state putting the dishes away.

“I shall sleep in your room Shirou” Saber states with a serious look on her face.

You stop dead. This girl who has shown up out of nowhere is demanding to sleep in the same room as you.

“Saber what you saying?” you ask nervously taking a step backward.

Saber advances on you “It is my duty to guard my master, I cannot do that if we are separated Shirou.” She states firmly.

“B-But…Saber you’re a girl, isn’t that inappropriate” You stumble out haphazardly.

“I fail to see what my gender has to do with protecting you” she replies irritated

You have hardly any strength left and given that it doesn’t seem that Saber will budge you

1) Give up and let her stay in your room

2) Ignore her and go to bed

Choice one 1: Against ever fibre in your body you are simply too tired to argue.

“Fine Saber, as you wish” you reply with a worn out sigh.

The two of you move to your room and pull you ask in Saber has anything to wear for sleep.

Choice 2: Despite your normally giving nature this isn’t something you’ll give but you aren’t in the shape to argue, so without another word you simply go to your room and shut the door. After a moment a loud banging rings in your ears along with an annoyed voice.

“We are not finish yet Shirou!” Saber exclaims as she opens the door with hard tug.

You turn around see Saber’s annoyed face. Realizing you won’t just be able ignore the issue you sigh taking a moment to think.

“Alright fine Saber if you’re insisting then you can sleep in there” you state pulling open the sliding door to an adjoined room.

“This is the best I can do and this place has a barrier so you’ll be able to snap that door open if anyone unexpected shows up. If you can’t accept this on your own then I’m afraid I’ll have to use one of these command seals to make you” you state firmly.

Saber looks as if she wants to protest and then sighs. “Very well master I shall accept your compromise in this matter” she replies as she heads into the next room.

You follow her and set out a spare futon before returning to your room and closing the door between them. As you drift off to sleep that dream of the fire returns to your mind once again.

You wake up and pulling your door open find it’s still dark out you move to the kitchen and check the clock. It reads five in the morning which mean you barely got an hour’s worth of sleep.

Sakura will be here in about an hour.

1) Go back to bed; skip school you’re friggin tired

2) Go back to bed

3) Wake up Saber misery loves company as they say.

Choice 2: you decide to go back to bed. Another hour isn’t much but it’s something, trudging back to bed you slump down on the futon and drift back to sleep.

Waking up you hear voices

“Listen you may be one of Kiritsugu’s friends but I don’t like this, so Sakura and I will be staying the night to make certain nothing’s going on before we let this go. That said please look after him until we’re back tonight” A voice suspiciously like Taiga’s announces. No it’s definitely Taiga, you contemplate leaving your room but it seems like Saber cooked up a lie about you being sick or something. It would be best to wait until Fuji-nee leaves. The more pressing concern your mind has registered is the fact that Saber made up some story about being a friend of your father’s which seems to have worked and likely would have been the excuse you would have used to explain a sudden foreign guest to Tagia. But the problem is you never told her about your father and while a normal person could have known about your father and his habits a heroic spirit from a few hundred years back shouldn’t. Something doesn’t add up and hearing Taiga leave you decide to get to the bottom of it.

1) Ask Saber outright why and how she know Kiritsugu

2) Wait a bit and ask about what happened with Taiga and Sakura

3) Go make food and try to put Saber in a pleasant mood before prying the information about everything that’s happen and her relationship with Kiritsugu.

Choice three: You decide since Saber didn’t volunteer the information about your father yesterday that it might be best to lift her mood a bit before asking such heavy questions. After jumping in a quick shower you get dressed and walk into the living room finding Breakfast made, taking a few minutes to heat back up you look in the fridge and decide that since Saber’s a girl that she might like sweet things so a pie might be a nice desert after dinner.

You start the preparation for the pie and swap it to bake once your breakfast is hot again. You assumed from the explanation you heard that Saber ate with Fujimura and Sakura but that might not be the case.

“Saber” you call out gently to bring her to you.

Within moments the blond haired emerald eyed girl appears in your vision. “I see you’re awake Shirou. I was surprised by a couple of friends of yours that came by the house. Is it true they’re here every morning? If so it will make things more difficult regarding the war.”

You nod. “I can see your point about that but I’m unsure of how to dissuade them for the moment, so until we can manage a convincing argument we’ll have to deal with it. Did you eat with Taiga and Sakura?”

Saber nods “Yes, I had thought perhaps you were being modest about your own abilities and because men do not often take up such a task as cooking that you named Sakura because you were embarrassed at such a talent. However this morning certainly proved my theory wrong”

You smile at the compliment. “Good I’d hate to think Sakura didn’t get the credit for her work. I’m going to eat what they left me and then I have a surprise for you before we talk more about our situation” you state as you take the dish over to the table and dig in.

Just after you finish your meal the timer on the oven makes a ding and you take the pie out and set out the plates and silverware for you and Saber. “This is Pie Saber, I’m aware in England and other parts of Europe they have meat pie but this is different. It’s a sweet food made for desert.” You explain cutting her a piece and setting it on her plate.

Saber takes the plate and digs into the confection with her fork. Putting the piece in her mouth she stops suddenly. For a moment you’re worried and then she swallows and breaths a warm sigh.

“This may be the most wondrous thing I have ever eaten in all my time on earth” she exclaims with a look of total joy on her face.

You nod “I’m glad you like it I thought you might not since it’s a rather simple sort of food.” You state idly.

You feel a bit bad now since asking about you father may very well kill the nice mood still.

1) Ask

2) Leave it be and enjoy the atmosphere

Choice one: you feel bad but she knows your father, that shouldn’t be possible so you have to know the why or you might just go crazy.

“Saber when I woke up I heard you talking to Taiga and you told her that you knew my father but I never even told you his name so is it that you know him?” you ask seriously.

Saber stops and the smile on her face disappears as she realizes that she’s make a grave error. “Ah…well. Tell me Shirou what exactly do you know about your father?”

For moment you think that the green eyed girl might be simply avoiding the question but the troubled look on her face seems genuine. “Well about ten years ago there was a huge fire and everything was destroyed where I lived at the time, after that Kritsugu found me wandering the wasted area and saved me. After that he adopted me and I became Emiya Shirou. He was a kind person who taught me what little magic I know only because I insisted, he past away a few years ago and I’ve been living here by myself ever since.” You explain with a warm voice.

Saber looks a little stunned; clearly it wasn’t the answer she was expecting. “Shirou are you certain you wish to hear what I have to say? You may well not like it.” Saber asks firmly.

You understand that she may have had a very different experience regarding your father but you have to I know. “Yes Saber, even if your time with him was unpleasant.”

Saber nods and with a sigh begins. “As you are now a master in this Holy Grail war so too was your father a master in the previous one. The fire you experienced was caused in the final battle of the last war ten years ago; I was your father’s servant then as I am now yours. Your father was a cold person when I knew him; he was employed by a family of magi known as the Einzberns to attain the Holy Grail for them. His companion from the Einzbern family Irisviel von Einbern always tired to tell me that there was more to Kiritsugu then I saw and seeing you and hearing how your life with him has been I think perhaps my old friend was right all along. However his tactics were detestable and in the end your father ordered me to destroy the Holy Grail killing Iris the woman he supposedly loved, leaving their child without a mother and ending the war before a winner could be decided”

You feel sick. Her opinion is valid but it almost unbelievable you want to vomit from the anger you’re feeling.

1) Ask her to stop you can’t take much more

2) Ask if she knows anymore about this child of theirs

Blog Entries
    Choice two: Despite your feelings Saber has said something incredible and you can’t just stop here. “I…uh did you um. Did I imagine that or did you actually tell me I have a sibling?” you ask unable to believe your ears.

Saber nods understanding of your shock “Yes though not blood related their child, a girl if I remember correctly would be your sister. More importantly Shirou you must understand that because the Einzbern family always sends someone into the war as a master it may very well be your sister whom we have to fight. Are you sure you can handle such a thing?”

You nod resolved to end this war for the innocent people and now, your sister as well. “Yes Saber I already said I wouldn’t kill the other masters so this changes nothing we still have to bring this to an end so innocent people remain unharmed”

Saber nods “Do you have any ideas on how we should go about that Shirou” she asks hopefully.

Honestly you aren’t sure but Saber expects some kind of answer and you’re pretty sure no clue will just piss her off. “Scouting the city for signs of the other masters would be a first step as well as places that would be advantageous to our style of combat, unfortunately I’m unsure of how much help I’ll be since the magic I was able to learn from my dad was only reinforcement and some projection I managed on my own”

Saber looks at you, a small frown crossing her face. “Take what you can do and master it Shirou. But even if you cannot do something do not stop trying to learn and do more. Life is foremost about effort and experience. A Magus I once knew told me that, so if you can please take it to heart. That said as a Saber servant I should be able to defeat most of the other servants aside from Lancer, berserker and possibly Archer without a problem. While I would normally suggest searching out the other masters due to the points you’ve raise I think maximizing your potential support capabilities would be the best use of our time so when we do run into the other masters we will be as strong as possible.”

“What did you have in mind?” You ask curiously.

“You have said at the current moment you can use reinforcement correct? If what little I understand of magic has not left me that means you can strengthen objects such as weapons, if that is the case then you could be very useful as a Magus’s one weakness is the time between a spell’s casting and activation. The other masters would likely never expect you to rush directly into melee with them and because of that you can subdue or at least ward off their ability to advance their servant’s power leaving me free to fight the other servants’ one on one. As for projection however I do not know what such a spell does, so I cannot formulate any ideas on its use”

You nod “Yeah you’re right about reinforcement Saber, as for projection my father taught me that it’s used it create temporary objects, so the only current use I can see is if I don’t have a weapon handy and can’t get an object to reinforce. I’m better with projection then reinforcement so I should be able to keep something on hand to fight with. Although being honest Saber since my father died I haven’t had anyone to teach me about Sword play or magic, so I’m unsure of what kind fighting ability I have.”

Saber nods. “Such an attitude that makes no estimations on your skills will serve you well through your life. I would test your ability today to see where you stand.”

You nod. Saber seem to be taking being saddled with the biggest handicap in this war rather well in your opinion even going so far as to encourage you, honestly you half expected Saber to leave and find a new master after telling her your abilities.

The two of you head out to the dojo and for the next three hours Saber beats on you in what she calls training, honestly it’s mostly your fault for not giving up. On the positive side as you lean against the wall you can recall between heavy breaths that Saber was impressed with your natural ability despite your utter lack of formal training.

As Saber stands over you she gives you a smile. “If you are willing to continue this kind of exercise then I am certain while I cannot make you the equal of Servants I believe with the instincts you have you should be more then a match for any of the master in this war in close quarters. Come now master the body cannot continue without food or rest and you have had neither for sometime” the blond states extending her hand to you

1) Take her hand and head back to the house

2) Ask to keep at it

Choice one: You take Saber’s hand and she adeptly helps you to your feet “Yeah actually all I did was get beat up but I think I’m starting to understand, so I’d welcome the chance to get better. There is something that crossed my mind though. Which hero are you? Joan of arc? I don’t honestly know too many female figures that fit the knight description” you ask rather curious.

Saber sighs exasperatedly and winces a bit when you ask your question.

“I’m sorry you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to” you reply catching your breath.

Saber shakes her head. “It is not that. The caster from the fourth war mistook me for Joan of arc. Apparently she and I look alike it was just a little off putting to hear such a comparison again. Since you have decided to continue training Shirou I shall tell you which hero I am only if you can manage to strike me during our sparring matches.”

You nod. It’s certainly something to shoot for. “Alright Saber I’ll accept that challenge.” You respond enthusiastically as the two of you enter the house. After sharing a large lunch and some tea the two of are sitting peacefully.

1) Enjoy the piece and quiet

2) Go out scouting

3) Try and find a way to get more knowledge about magic

Choice two: You turn to Saber in this peaceful atmosphere you’re sharing. “Saber while I think it’s important to get stronger the magi have a rule to hide magic from the general population so if we’re going to scout out hold out spots or find out any information on places where strange activity has occurred I think now would be the best time since we won’t be attacked” you state voicing your idea.

Saber nods finishing her tea. “That is a sensible option given our current situation Shirou. While your body may not yet have the training of a warrior your mind certainly does. However Shirou I have no other clothes and my armour will certainly draw attention which is what we’re trying to avoid for now.”

You nod and pause for a moment to try to think for a way you can go out without attracting attention. You have limited time to go and get back if Fuji-nee will believe the lie Saber made up. Then it hits you like a train Fuji-nee’s old school uniform should be in one of the guest room closets since she always used to keep one here when she’d play with you as a kid. It isn’t the best solution but it should do for now.

“Hold on I think I have a solution” you exclaim as you run into a few of the rooms snapping the closets open, in third room you find what you’re looking for.

“Here I hope this fits. It’s not perfect but it should do for now and on the way back we can stop be a clothing shop so we won’t have to borrow Taiga’s clothes again.” You explain handing the uniform to her.

After a short separation so Saber could change she joins you again.

“How does it fit?” you ask concerned.

“It is a big tight Shirou but I shall manage” Saber replies honestly.

You nod “We’ll make this a quick trip then”

You two step out the door to go scouting and

1) Scout in old town

2) Scout in the newer part of the city

You decide to head to the old part of town to investigate as it will likely be the place you’ll be confronted while preparing your strategy and because you’ll likely be spending more time here as the school and your house is here.

Heading out you and Saber end up at a clothing shop after a few hours of fruitless searching. Taking a moment to yourself you leave Saber in the clothing shop and sit down on a bench near a swing set.

“Hello Onii-chan” A voice greets you cheerfully.

You level your vision at the maker of the noise to find a small girl with white hair and red eyes staring back at you.

“Hello” you reply back slightly startled.

“What are you doing here in the middle of the day? Don’t high school students have class now?” the girl asks you.

You nod somewhat guilty. “Yes well I’m out with a friend today.”

“Saber right?” she asks her eyes changing focus a bit.

You freeze. “Who are you?” you manage to mutter in shock.

“My name? Well yes I suppose it’s impolite since I know who you are Shirou. My name is Ilyasviel Von Einzbern but you can call me Illya. Alright Onii-chan” she answers to your question.

Your throat becomes dry and your vision blurs. You can’t imagine that this little girl could possibly be your sister but. “And who is your mother?” you ask as your throat tightens.

“My Mother was Irisviel Von Einzbern and my father was Emiya Kiritsugu Onii-chan. Why do you ask?”

Your vision ceases for a moment as your brain tries to process the information Illya gave you. This girl is your sister and likely as Saber pointed out a part of the Holy Grail war since she is aware of Saber.

Confronted with this realization you

1) Try to form a partnership with her

2) Ask her to spend dinnertime at your house.

3) …

Choice three: You feel a tremendous pressure building inside you and your legs give out as you try to stand the pressure increases ten fold and it feels as if someone’s arm is reaching up through your abdomen past your guts and is gripping your heart tightly. Your stomach grinds against itself and you feel the urge to vomit from the total horror of your realization. What you have done is not a crime.

It is a sin

A godless evil terrible sin that you can never wiped clean from your soul. You did not simply steal a child’s father but the last of the time they could’ve spent as a family. Every happy memory you have is rightfully hers, every smile your father gave you, his encouragement and love it all belongs to the little girl standing before you.

You can never repay her for the hopes, dreams and the very life bestowed upon you by the time you’ve taken from her. So with all that’s left in your worthless body you wrap your arms around this small girl and say you’re sorry. And you repeat over and over it as the hot tears escape your eyes because it is the only thing you can do. At some point your mind turns off as you repeat your two word mantra.

Interlude

“Shirou? What have you done Illya?” Saber asks

Illya tries to shrug her shoulders and failing that speaks “Honestly Saber I only answered his questions”

“You know don’t you?” the blond replies.

“Yes I already know who he is and why Kiritsugu Emiya never came for me” Illya answers.

“What do you intend to do with Shirou?” Saber questions in a cautious tone.

Illya looks down at the boy’s quivering body with sad eyes. “I would like it if Onii-chan and I could be friend’s maybe. I know he’s not to blame for Kiritsugu’s actions and I know he’s different from the other master’s as well. But what you’re real asking is am I going to hurt Shirou. The answer is I do not want to, as long as you don’t attack me and Berserker we will leave you alone.”

“A truce then?” Saber asks curiously.

Illya nods freeing herself from Shirou’s mostly motionless form. “Yes a non aggression pact so to speak. With me and my servant Berserker”

The blond knight pauses and looks at her master’s broken form. “Normally I would let my master speak but I can read his answer clearly enough. We accept Ilyasviel this servant Saber shall not interfere with your Berserker until such time as it becomes wholly unavoidable. I give you my honour as a knight and swear to let my master choose the time it is unavoidable.”

The snow haired girl nods silently and waves good bye as she leaves quickly from the area.

Interlude end

You come back to reality to find Sakura placing a washcloth on your forehead in your room.

“What? Where am I?” you ask sitting up quickly.

“You don’t remember Senpai? Saber-chan is right you must be really sick if you can’t remember passing out at the park. Lie down and rest, won’t you? It isn’t good to exert yourself while sick.” Sakura asks explaining the situation.

As you look into Sakura’s pleading eyes you

1) Do as she asks and rest

2) Lie and tell her you’re hungry

3) Tell her you’re feeling better

Choice one: You might be better physically but your mind is still kind of heavy so you do just as Sakura says and lie back down. Carefully she places her hand against your forehead. “Well it seems as if your fever has broken, if you’re feeling up to it senpai would you like something to eat?” she asks cheerfully.

Your body seems to reactivate your stomach at the promise of food, before you can answer however the door to your room bursts open revealing Taiga with tears in her eyes.

You sit up out of surprise and Taiga nearly trips running to your side. “Thank god you’re alive!” she exclaims dropping to her knees to embrace you tightly.

Alive?! You remember meeting Illya at the park and then winding up here. Whatever happened was serious.

“It’s ok Fuji-nee I’m fine now” you reply returning her embrace.

At your reply Fujimura only seems to grip tighter and cry more. “Y-you almost died how can you be say you’re fine! You almost left us. It’s not nice to scare your big sister like that!” her crying gets worse but there isn’t much you can do except rub her back as she cries into your shoulder.

You can’t really be sure just how long you stayed like that but after Taiga pulls back and place her forehead against yours locking her brown eyes against your own. “Shirou…If you ever try to go away again like this. I will never forgive you. Understand?”

You nod seeing the seriousness in her eyes but you know that what you’ve gotten yourself into. This Grail war could very make any promise you could make to your big sister a lie.

Fujimura nods back and releases you. “I must look silly right now huh. I’m gonna go clean up” she states leaving the room.

Again your guilt hits you but you come to a realization. What if the reason Shinji’s been acting different is because of his family? He’s your best friend and—No not your friend, this whole scene with Fujimura has made you realize that like Sakura and Fuji-nee Shinji is family. And for a worthless guy like you to ignore the blessing of a family that you’ve been given is terrible, you decide you’ll definitely talk to Shinji tomorrow but for now.

1) Lie back down

2) Food is important and your sort of worried since Saber isn’t around

Choice two: You’re hungry and you don’t think it’d be good to ignore your body if you almost died. On top of that you’d like to know what happened at the park from Saber after you blanked.

“Actually I wouldn’t mind something to eat Sakura. But can we move to the living room? I’d like to eat with the rest of you” you ask her.

Sakura’s eyes brighten and she smiles. “Yes of course senpai. Seven is a bit later then usual for dinner but no one could eat with the state you were in, Saber-chan seemed especially down”

“Yes, I’m sorry for worrying everyone. I’m going to change and be out in a minute” you reply letting Sakura leave.

After changing you head out to the living room finding Taiga, Sakura, Saber and Shinji there. You expected the other three and judging by the look on Sakura’s face she didn’t bring Shinji.

“Hey Shinji, what’re you doing here this late?” you ask curiously raising an eye brow.

Shinji shifts off the wall he was leaning on before replying. “Well Fujimura sensei phoned Sakura explaining that you collapsed and she ran out in a panic. On top of making sure she was alright I already know if I didn’t come check on you Mitsuzuri would chew me out.” He explains shoving his hands in his pockets.

“Heh I don’t know why she bothers. I’ve known you longer then she has and I know you’re stronger then she thinks. I mean you wouldn’t let some stupid fever beat you right?” he says with a laugh

“Yeah of course not man” You reply happy to see your friend coming to see you.

“Good to hear it, anyways I’ll talk to you tomorrow at school then” Shinji states pulling a hand out of his pocket to wave as he excuses himself quickly.

After watch Shinji leave you sit down with Taiga and Saber and wait for dinner. You would’ve helped but the look you got from Sakura when entering the kitchen told you that it would be best if you left it to her tonight.

Once the food is presented the heavy atmosphere of earlier disappears and Taiga is the first to start in with idle conversation. You honestly want to talk to Saber about what happened earlier but resign that you’ll have to wait until tomorrow after school.

After dinner the warm atmosphere continues for the rest of night and after a nice breakfast in the morning you get ready for school with Sakura and when you’re about to leave Saber appears in a pair of sneakers, denim jeans, a grey hooded sweatshirt and wool cap.

“I shall be accompanying you as well today Shirou.” Saber states firmly.

Faced with this you

1) Give in

2) Tell her you need a guest pass and they aren’t easy to get

3) Check Sakura’s reaction

Choice three: Before you can ask what Sakura thinks the friend’s little sister smiles at you.

“I think it’s a good idea Senpai, after all if she’s with you if you collapse again Saber-chan can make sure you aren’t hurt. Besides I think it would be good to show her what our school is like” She explains.

You had expected a different reaction. Not wildly different but maybe a little more resistance. At least there isn’t a fight breaking out.

“Alright, you’re right my health comes first” you state as you admit defeat and the three of you along with Taiga head to school.

As you arrive at school your chest tightens as you move through the front gate, you manage to shrug it off and act normally not to alarm Taiga and Sakura but you slow up and Saber follows your lead.

“Saber I just felt something. Can you feel any magic around?” You ask worried.

“I’m not fit for detecting magic Shirou however the area does seem odd. We should investigate tonight” she whispers in answer to your question.

You give a stealthy nod as Sakura turns around. “Before classes start maybe Saber-chan would like to see what the Archery club is like. How about it Senpai?” Sakura asks with hopeful eyes.

For a moment you wonder if this was Sakura’s plan all along well faced with the question you.

1) Go with Sakura to club (One point)

2) Decline you left for a reason.

Choice one: If it was Sakura’s plan then it’s worked flawlessly since you have no way to object. “Alright Sakura sounds like fun” you reply with a smile.

Continuing to the Archery club Sakura leaves you and Saber to change and as you enter the range you see Mitsuzuri Ayako the Archery club’s captain instructing the other members and at the far end of the range you spot Shinji.

Rather then call out and disturb the members’ practice you head to the far end of the range and up to where he’s sitting. “Yo Shinji” you greet him with a casual wave.

“Hey Shirou, you brought Saber?” he asks quizzically.

“Yeah well she practically demanded it” you reply.

“Well that’s actually a good thing I suppose…you and Saber should come with me for a bit” he states stand up and giving a wave to follow. You follow Shinji out and behind the dojo a wooded area.

“You’re a master too, aren’t you Emiya?” Shinji asks seriously.

It’s too obvious with Saber standing beside you so you nod.

Shinji smiles “My servant is Rider Emiya. Since Rider isn’t one the knight Servants I’ve been worried about my ability to stay alive but knowing that you’re Saber’s master eases my paranoia.” As he finishes his statement the servant called Rider appears behind Shinji in what must be bondage gear, at least that’s your guess having never used that sort of thing.

“I didn’t know you were a Magus Shinji. Or are you not aware of the rule about concealing magic from the public?” you reply calmly.

“To answer your questions in order Shirou I am a magus in name only; I don’t have a magic circuit because my family’s power has dried up. But at the same time I have a lot of knowledge and unless I missed my guess you’re an amateur with Magic. With that being the case I was hoping we could be allies and I thought revealing Rider would be good manners.” Shinji replies still smiling.

You’re a bit shocked honestly but relieved to. “When you said you were a master just now I almost lost it. I’m glad you want to work together man it’s a big relief I mean you’re practically my brother so it’d be horrible if we had to fight especially in a fight that wasn’t chosen by us” you reply.

Shinji raises an eyebrow and then nods. “Alright I’ll be at your place at about six thirty; I think it’d be best if Sakura doesn’t come around your place until this grail war business is over, she doesn’t know about magic and will just in danger if she’s around us right now.”

“Yeah you’re right Shinji” you stated with a reluctant nod.

“I’ll handle it Shirou, don’t worry” Shinji explains as a bell rings in the distance signalling the end of morning practice and the start of class. “That’s class; we’ll talk later tonight Shirou. One more thing though Tohsaka Rin is also a master so watch yourself.”

You nod and then head to class with Saber in tow. The day is uneventful until school lets out and you and Saber go home.

You sit down with Saber peacefully drinking tea until the green eyed girl breaks the silence. “Shirou before that other master Shinji arrives may I ask you something?”

You nod there’s no reason why you should hear Saber out. “Why is it that you said this fight was not chosen by you? That is, what did you mean by that?” she asks seriously.

You think for a second about how to explain your feelings to the blond girl before you. “Well I guess the best way to put it would be that it isn’t a fight we took up of our own accord. I want to protect people from being hurt but I don’t have any interest in a wish from the grail. If you want to win Saber then I’ll help you but I don’t need the grail’s wish it’s more important to me that people are unharmed by this war then the prize at the end of it.”

Saber’s eyes flash with annoyance at first but soften warmly as you finish. “I can accept your reasoning master. But do try not to be too selfless Shirou, after all you’re well being counts in the hearts and minds of your friends just as theirs count in your own heart.”

You nod as you feel your face become warm from embarrassment. “uh yeah…” you reply trailing off.

Saber smiles at your embarrassment and nods. “There are two more things I would like to discuss with you before Sakura’s brother arrives. Firstly I must apologise as I made a deal with Illya without your consent. As it stands now we are not to interfere with Illya or her servant berserker and in turn they will not interfere with us. Secondly the source of the odd feeling you had was definitely centered in the Archery club dojo, I believe it would be top priority to question Shinji about it”

You nod and reply “It makes sense that Shinji could know at least something being in the area every day. As for the deal you made with Illya that sounds fine, in fact I wanted to ask what happened to me after I met her in the park but last night Taiga and Sakura were here.”

“Yes, well you collapsed at some point and had a minor breakdown. And before I took you home Illya told me she doesn’t blame you for your father’s actions and that she would like it if you two could be friends. After I brought you back here you started seizing and I tried my best to get help but ended up having to turn to your friends who got a doctor to come and look at you. They said the problem was a high level of fatigue caused by a fever” Saber explains.

You nod and silently thank the two absent women you’re lucky to have standing by you. There’s time before Shinji and Rider arrive.

1) Train in the Dojo with Saber

2) Practice magic

3) Relax a bit

4) Leave a note for Shinji out front and search around old town

5) Leave a note for Shinji out front and search around the newer part of town

Choice one: Practice makes perfect and you’re far from perfect. “Saber before Shinji and Rider get here I’d like to train some more. I won’t get better if I slack” you tell Saber

Saber nods “Yes, I was hoping to have managed it this morning or later last night but Taiga and Sakura were here and you were in that state”

The two of you head out to the dojo. You aren’t sure exactly how long you try to hit Saber but you’re certain that you didn’t, on the bright side of things you managed to block a few attacks lessening the overall beating you took. Between your heavy breaths you hear the door of the dojo open.

“Hey Emiya Rider and I have been here for an hour, what are you in here slacking off we need to get started on planning” Shinji growls annoyed.

You nod and stand up but before can say anything Saber interjects. “While I believe you are right Rider’s master in regards to planning I must object to your assessment of our exercises in this place. My master is not slacking, far from it he shows great promise and works exceeding hard”

Shinji takes a step back and throws up his arms in defeat at the sight of Saber’s furrowed eyebrows and accompanying frown. “Alright, alright I get it, self improvement isn’t crime. I’d just like to get set up so we aren’t caught off guard” Shinji replies cautiously as he motions to a duffel bag slung over his shoulder and the two bags in his hands.

You nod and three of you head into the house to find Rider sitting at the table waiting for you.

Shinji puts down the bags and takes a seat and you follow in suit. “Well I brought every book I could think would be useful to us so if you’re going to continue training with Saber then we’ll have to work out a time to practice magic as well and stick to it to make the most of the time we won’t be fighting.” He states seriously with a sigh.

You nod and remember what Saber said earlier.

1) Ask Shinji about the school

2) Take care of the business of planning strategy

3) Make something to eat (one point)

Choice three: With Sakura not coming by and it being seven thirty already you decide to make something to eat for everyone. “If its past seven Shinji I think eating dinner might be best before we try to start racking our brains about planning and training.” You explain.

Shinji turns with an annoyed look and opens his mouth to protest before his stomach interrupts him with a load growl halting his objection. “Uh yeah…sure thing Emiya…Food’s good, you know whatever…” he trails off sheepishly you figure he must be embarrassed that his body overthrew his mind’s willpower.

Quickly you nod and move to the task at hand. Making dinner by yourself isn’t hard but it is a bit lonely after checking through what you have you decide to make something a little extravagant for everyone thinking that just maybe a nice meal will smooth over the tensions you can sense from Saber.

After your work is finished your bring dinner out to the others. The group seems surprised that you set out a plate for Rider as well.

“What are you doing Emiya servant don’t need to eat” Shinji asks amazed.

“No they don’t need to but they can, and it’d be rude to leave her out when we start eating. Apart from that Saber tells me food can help to sustain servants like prana can and since neither of us can form a proper link with our servants this will help to sustain them so they won’t up and vanish” You reply concisely.

Shinji looks surprised at your answer. “I know I can’t because I lack a magic circuit but I’m a bit stunned you can’t manage it Emiya. All the more reason to hit the books after we eat I guess” your friend replies with an odd laugh.

The meal itself goes well enough and afterward you notice the tension faded completely from the air. Taking a few minutes Shinji removes a couple dozen books from his bags a turns to you. “Exactly how much knowledge about magic do you have Emiya?” he asks stacking the books on the table.

You explain to him the theories you know and after you finish he frowns. “Well that’s fantastic” he grumbles before searching through the stack of books and pulling one out and handing it to you.

“Listen Emiya this book explains how a magic circuit is supposed to work. What you’ve been doing is practical suicide and I can’t have you dying on me. Apart from that your dad’s right about what he taught you as far as I’m aware. Still if you’re good at it keep getting better” Shinji states annoyed.

With dinner finished you

1) Get back on track and inquire about the school

2) Study up that magic isn’t going to learn itself

3) Practice in the shed

Blog Entries
    Choice two: A feeling of dread mixed with relief washes over you. At the very least you’ve found out that your theory was wrong and not your execution. You head to the shed to calm you mind before wrapping you mind around a new process. As you flip through the book you think you’ve got a basic understanding of what to do. You’re hoping that the rest will come naturally. The process is similar to the way you used to create a circuit except that you need to concentrate on the point where the path is already formed.

You concentrate and go through the steps one by one and when you reach the end of the process nothing. You continue to try for another four hours and by the time you’re finished it’s midnight.

1) Keep trying to activate your circuit

2) Go and check the school and the odd feeling you got with Saber

Choice two: You didn’t manage to ask Shinji about the school with all that happened. Not wanting to leave it till later you decide to investigate with Saber to see what you two can find out and then talk to Shinji tomorrow if it ends up being anything at all.

You turn to find Saber at the door of the shed with a towel in her hands; you’re surprised when she offers it to you but quickly realize you’ve been sweating from your training. You nod and take the towel and wipe away the sweat.

“Thanks Saber” you tell her smiling warmly.

She nods and returns your smile before speaking herself. “Shirou. If you are feeling up to it I believe we should investigate the disturbance at your school. However if you’re tired or wish to wait for Rider’s master then please say so. There is no point in over exerting yourself to look into something that is not a certain, immediate threat”

You nod. “No I’m fine Saber but thank you for the concern. I think it would be best to figure out what that feeling was so if it really is dangerous we can get rid of it so that no one at school gets harmed” you reply firmly.

Saber nods and the two of you head into the night. As you reach the school you get a bit of a chill at how different this place seems at night. Wasting no time the two of you head to the Archery dojo to check if it could be the source of the disturbance you felt.

Checking around you two are certain after just a few minutes that it’s the center of the disturbance, what exactly it is or does you’re unsure. Before you can ask Saber opinion on your next move she grabs you and heads to the other side of the dojo away from the door. And at the same moment Tohsaka Rin enters the dojo apparently unsurprised by your presence.

Shinji told you she’s a master and you can’t be certain she isn’t the one behind the magic here, with that in mind you.

1) Get ready for a fight her servant is probably around here somewhere.

2) ask her outright about the disturbance here

3) Ask her what she’s doing here

Choice three: Shinji told you Tohsaka is a master and she doesn’t seem the type not to notice Saber but as far as you know she doesn’t know you’re a master and won’t know that you know she’s one. At least you’re hoping that much.

“Tohsaka, what are you doing here?” you ask holding your alarm.

“I could ask you the same thing Emiya. Who’s your friend?” Tohsaka replies levelling her gaze at you.

“She is a friend of my dad’s who’s staying at my place while she’s in the city.” You reply feeling sweat on the back on your neck as her eyes lock onto your own.

“I see. Well I suppose that’s nice for you but you still didn’t answer my question. In fact I think I already know why you’re here. I think you’re checking on this barrier you and Matou set up to catch the person tampering with it so you can use it to absorb the life force of the people here” Tohsaka states coldly

You’re stunned, your mouth goes dry and your mind numbs. Shinji set up a barrier to kill people? You can’t believe that. Shinji might be messed up and have some misplaced anger but you can’t imagine he’d kill people.

1) She has to be lying Shinji wouldn’t kill and Saber told you other master will willingly kill the others to win (plus one point)

2) Try to explain you aren’t responsible for this.

3) Run for it

Choice one: “Shinji isn’t a killer! For all I know you set this up to kill our classmates!” You shout suddenly pushing away all doubt about your friend.

Tohsaka’s eyes widen. “Watch your mouth Emiya! I’d never do something so vulgar!” she snaps back almost screaming.

“Well neither would I” you reply annoyed.

Tohsaka looks as if she wants to say something to you but before she can what must be her servant appears.

The man is dressed in a red coat of some sort and black body armour and black pants with what appear to be steel toed boots. His hair is white and his skin looks tanned. No wait that’s wrong it’s more like a full body burn scar.

“So you’ve decided to stick by your friend then Emiya Shirou? Very well, in that case I will tell you something important. Your power is not in reinforcement but projection; it is the only power you have so if you want to save your friend I suggest you master it.” The red cloaked man states in a way that annoys you.

Saber readies herself and her armour appears in response to Archer’s appearance.

Tohsaka looks confused and mutters the word Archer which you’re pretty sure is this guy’s class as a servant, Archer makes no move to attack. When Saber becomes defensive he merely mirrors the blond knight and steps in front of Tohsaka and draws a pair of black and white blades.

The air is hostile at the moment; apparently the next move is yours.

1) Go for it Tohsaka could be lying and that guy in red annoys the hell out of you

2) Tell Saber to stand down there’s no reason to fight if Tohsaka isn’t behind this

3) Ask the servant how he knows about you

Choice three: You can feel a frown cross your face and your eyes dart between Tohsaka and her servant. “How do you know about me?” you ask locking your eyes on to the red cloaked servant.

Archer laughs and a smirk appears on his face. “You already know how I know about you Emiya Shirou. You’re simply choosing to ignore the answer because you don’t like it” the white haired man answers cryptically.

You’re unsure of what he means but it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and the dirty taste doesn’t seem to leave by the time Tohsaka recovers from the confusion you saw earlier. “Emiya if you’re not up to this then I’m certain Matou is. You may trust him but I don’t, for now we can part as neutral parties but if you choose to let him use this Barrier then I will hunt both of you down” The black haired girl states before leaving with Archer covering her exit.

You sigh and look at Saber who sighs and smiles back. Both of you head back to the house with more questions on your mind then you set out with. After a nights rest you wake up to a typical morning.

1) Practice with Saber

2) Try to activate your magic circuit

3) Make breakfast

Choice two: If you hadn’t managed to talk to Tohsaka last night things could have turned out very badly and while that servant of hers pissed you off he did have point. You don’t have any power especially now that you’ve found that the way you were wrong in theory.

If Emiya Shirou is going to be a super hero then he’ll be a poor one if he can’t protect his friends. To that end you decide to try activating your magic circuit again, heading to the shed to you sit down and start the process.

You slowly go through the steps one by one until you feel a surge of energy inside you, your vision blurs and you want to throw up as a heat assaults your insides. You try to stand but fail miserably landing on your backside.

You can vaguely hear Saber’s voice as the heat intensifies and you pass out. Waking you find Saber sitting over you tending to you with a washcloth. Apparently you’ve been sweating a lot.

“Were you successful Shirou?” the blond asks wiping your forehead. You blink confused for a moment until your brain sync’s it’s processes and remembers what you were doing.

“I think so” you reply noting that the heat hasn’t left you but it’s bearable now.

Saber nods. “Good I would hate to think my master would have wasted time that could‘ve been spent better” your emerald eyed companion states with a certain something in her voice you can’t place. You probably shouldn’t skip your practice with Saber unless you’re half dead, even then it might not be such a good idea.

After making breakfast you find out that Saber called Taiga and told her you were feeling under the weather and wouldn’t be coming to school today. Well at least it will let you catch up with the training you missed earlier.

After breakfast you

1) Train with Saber

2) Practice magic

3) Spend time with Saber in the city

Choice three: You decide spending time in the city with Saber might be a good idea and a part of is hoping that you might meet Illya again. So with that in mind get ready to leave.

“What is the point of leaving if there’s nothing we need to acquire or do in the city” Saber asks forcefully, it seems she may be thinking that you intend on slacking in your training with the sword.

“While I don’t need to go out Saber I’d like to. With everything that’s happened in the last while I haven’t had the chance to process it all. I know training is important but you said yourself that rest is to and that would include one’s mind as well, right?” you reply asking a loaded question.

Saber strides over to you a little closer then you’re comfortable with. “Well if my master has need of rest then I suppose it cannot be helped. Come then” she states taking a hold of your hand and pulling hard enough to force you to follow her.

“Saber just what are you doing?” you ask confused, trying not to fall flat on your face.

“My master is in need of rest so we are going to bed” Saber replies firmly.

Saber is taking you to bed with her. Your mind freezes for an instant and your face turns red before letting your brain work again “Saber wait we don’t have to do that!” you blurt out trying to get Saber to stop.

To your surprise Saber stops and before you can say a word she speaks up. “Do you have a problem sleeping with me Shirou?” she asks her eyes hidden by her hair, her voice revealing nothing to you.

You freeze and start babbling trying to find an answer that won’t upset Saber and after a few minutes of rambling you notice a smirk has appeared on her face. “Let this be a lesson Shirou if you ever feel the urge to trap me with such sorts of questions again” she states hold a hand up to stop your rambling.

The pressure in your chest releases itself all at once. Saber got you, you had best heed her warning else she might give you a heart attack the next time around. “Alright point taken Saber. Still I would like to go out to relax today.” You state defeated.

The blond knight’s smirk fades into a smile and she nods. “So long as you understand I have no objections Shirou” she states putting on her shoes. “However I shall accompany you” she adds still smiling.

You nod. “I’d planned on it”

Once ready you head for

1) Old town

2) Newer part of town

Choice one: You decide to stick around the older part of town, you’ve seen illya around the area and even if you mess around and waste time you still won’t be late getting back to the house.

You spend the day shopping with Saber and you feel better though the thing that guy said still bugs you. It’s true that he gave off a feeling of familiarity but there’s no way you could possibly know why he knows about you. On the way home you swing by the park where you met Illya but find it empty, sighing you turn to leave with Saber until a voice breaks the quiet air of midday.

“You’re here today Onii-chan” the voice exclaims cheerfully.

Turning you find the snow haired girl you had been hoping to see, you can’t help but smile at the energy she seems to project. “You’re out with Saber again? You aren’t busy are you Onii-chan?” the red eyed girl asks hopefully.

“No we just came out to relax a bit Illya, we aren’t busy at all” you reply holding up the hope in her eyes.

Illya’s smile widens and she take a seat on a near by bench. “Sit here Onii-chan” she says excitedly.

You sit down next to Illya and Saber sits on the opposite side of the white haired girl and for a moment you sit there soaking up the happy atmosphere before getting a great idea. You take the bag from the food stall you got down the street and pull out two Taiyaki pastries. You had intended to get one for you and the other for Saber to try buy you’re thinking that you can live without yours. You hand Saber hers and offer yours to Illya.

The tiny girl eyes the odd fish shaped thing for a moment before fixing her eyes on you. “What is it Onii-chan?” she asks staring at you.

“It’s a sweet pastry, try it” you reply honestly

Illya hesitates shyly for a moment before taking it and biting into it. The red eyed girl freezes up for a second before happily munching on the snack food. You look to Saber who seems to be eating slower and more carefully then usual, you wonder if she’s afraid of looking immature since Illya is eating without restraint.

As the time gently passes Illya hops up from the bench and smiles turning to you and Saber. “Thanks for today Onii-chan” she says as she turns to leave.

As Illya leaves you have only a moment to speak before she’s gone

1) Ask her to be here tomorrow

2) Say nothing today was enough for the moment

3) Ask to go with her to her home

Choice one: Before she leaves you race to speak up “Can you be here tomorrow?” you ask hopefully.

Illya stops and turns around “I’d like that Onii-chan” she says and then runs off.

You turn to Saber who sighs and the two of you head home before the warm atmosphere disappears. After making lunch you sit with Saber in the living room when the blond knight speaks up. “Shirou while I understand your desire to see your sister I find it rather disheartening that you decided on your own to meet Illya again. We are at war you remember and today was rather frivolous and wasteful as it is”

“I understand Saber; I’ll consult you the next time. That said I didn’t hear you complain about today being frivolous when we went clothes shopping Saber” you reply honestly while teasing her a bit.

Saber’s face flushes slightly. “W-well it is simply because last time my master was not there to assist the process, while I am not adept with fashion I understand how an image impacts the world around a person and last time the sales woman spoke so fast and I was overwhelmed so I was unsure if what I picked out myself would have been appropriate. I simply do not wish to cause my master any trouble, that’s all.” Saber answers unable to meet your eyes.

The mood is an odd mix between funny and awkward so you

1) Ask to train with Saber

2) Practice magic some more

3) Let the mood sort itself out

Choice one: “Hey as long as we have the time now and since we missed out this morning I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind continuing my training now.” you ask hoping to steer the conversation in a more pleasant direction.

Saber’s eyes move to fix on yours at the mention of your lost training session. “Can I assume then that you are done resting Shirou?” she asks seriously.

You nod. “Yes, to be honest I didn’t manage to figure out the things I was trying to today but they aren’t weighing on me like they were before. That being the case I think it would be irresponsible of me to neglect my commitments especially given the situation at hand” you reply firmly.

“Very well then.” She responds and the two of you head to the dojo. For the next five hours you try to strike at Saber but don’t even manage it once. Your body however has gotten used to the feeling of combat and the difference between the intent to hurt and the one to kill, while you’ve managed something new you feel disappointed that you seem no closer to your goal and learning Saber’s true Identity.

Saber seemed especially serious, you wonder if she was more then a little annoyed about your careless attitude today. You make a note not to skip training again and go inside to rest up. After a bit of rest you head into the kitchen to make dinner and by the time you’re done Shinji arrives with Rider in tow.

The four of you eat and after the meal you

1) Ask Shinji about the barrier

2) Tell him about Tohsaka and the night at school (one point)

3) Ask if there’s anything in his books about Projection methods

Choice two: Shinji is your friend and a brother in arms, while you don’t think Tohsaka is the one behind the barrier you can’t really trust her accusation outright, so you tell him what happened at the school leaving out that bit about Archer’s weird speech to you.

Shinji looks stunned. “Uh well…she’s half right but I’m more surprised you told me about it Emiya, if I were in your position I wouldn’t have” he admits.

Before you can ask Saber injects asking for you “What do you mean half right Rider’s master?” she says crossing her arms seriously.

“Well we did set it up and Rider’s barrier does absorb life force but I never intended to use it on the students I simply picked the school because I know it well and could use the barrier as a trap against other masters.” He explains taking a sip of his tea.

You nod, it seems like a reasonable answer and Shinji did say that he was scared for his life earlier because Rider wasn’t powerful like Saber. “Makes sense. Still I don’t think it would be best to keep the barrier in place. Tohsaka didn’t seem like she’d back off and while I think we could beat her and her servant I don’t think giving her a reason to come after us specifically would be such a good idea.” You reply
    Shinji looks like he wants to object but then sighs. “…You’re right Emiya. Pissing off the other masters at this point would be stupid. Rider dispel the barrier at school, there’s no point shoring up a defense at the school at this point is a bit pointless when half our force keeps skipping out”

You feel a biting guilt at Shinji’s words, its true that while it’s safe at school during classes Rin could jump him and take Shinji out while he’s on his own. So honestly Shinji would have no choice but to keep the barrier around as a back up plan.

“Thanks Shinji, I know I’ve been out but it wasn’t intentional man. Oh that reminds me that book you gave me helped out a lot, I actually activated my circuit” you say cheerfully.

Shinji smiles for a second and then frowns. “Just a guess here Emiya. You didn’t bother to switch it off did you?” he asks giving you a flat look.

You mentally smack yourself. If not having your magic circuit active is like an adjustable lamp being set on low then you’ve been walking around like a bright neon sign. “Uh well. No actually” you admit sheepishly.

Shinji nods. “Well I was gonna get into some other stuff since Rider found some stuff out but I think I’d be best if you go through the process again and turn it off before we start dealing with intel any further” he says almost ordering you.

You nod and trace the steps back until you feel the switch turn off. “There it’s done” you state with a relieved sigh that the discomfort you’d been feeling is gone.

With your task finished it’s time to get down to the business at hand.

1) Ask about the intel Shinji has

2) Ask about any books regarding projection

3) Ask Shinji if he’d want to stay at your place until the war’s over.

Blog Entries
    Choice three: Before launching into the subject at hand you feel the earlier guilt bite back at you and you turn to Shinji. “You wanna stay here till the war ends?” you ask plainly.

Shinji drops the book in his hands and it lands with a clatter against the table. “Uh what?” your friend asks confused.

“Well you said yourself that I’ve been skipping out and given how much work I’m gonna have to do to pull my weight here I’ll probably have to skip out some more and apart from that Rin’s at school and she could jump you but if you’re staying here we’d be able to jump into action if something happened, not to mention being able to build a better defense here then at the school.” You explain quickly.

“I don’t…No that’s actually a really good idea Emiya, I think you’re right but I’ll have to pass since most of the materials I need are unable to be transported from my place. But yeah…thanks man” Shinji responds smiling a bit.

“Yeah no problem. Oh right you mentioned something about Rider finding information?” you ask with a laugh.

Shinji nods, his smile widening. “Yeah. We know in this war there are seven masters and servants including us. Rider is extremely fast compared to the other servants and so she can cover ground and scout with ease and that being the case she managed to gather information on four of the other servants in the war so far.” Shinji explains pulling out a map of the city from his bag along with red and blue felt markers.

Shinji nods at Rider who starts to explain her findings. “While scouting I encountered Lancer and his master, a red haired woman in a suit near the bridge between the two areas of the city. For the short time I was engaged with Lancer in combat the woman did not assist using spells at range which leads me to believe she is similar to Saber’s master in that they are both close range fighters. I am not familiar with any heroes wielding a cursed Lance so I am unsure of the servant’s identity as of now. I found that servant assassin and servant caster are hold up at Ryudo temple and as for the Archer servant you are already aware of what I know of him, which is to say not much”

Shinji finishes with the map showing all the points that rider spoke of and marking them along with your home. “The thing that concerns me most is that Caster and her master either teamed up with Assassin and his master or more frighteningly that Caster summoned Assassin on her own meaning that she’s very powerful to begin with and being made more powerful by the leyline on which Ryudo temple sits. That’s as much as we know right now. but I know if we sit on our hands they’ll just prepare and come for us so I’d like to here your idea on where to go from here” he states finishing the explanation.

It’s a tough decision on who to confront first, you’re a bit wary to add your opinion but since Shinji asked.

1) Prepare to fight Lancer

2) Deal with Archer you want to know what’s up with him

3) Go to Ryudo and fight with Caster and Assassin

4) Leave it for now and get more information

Choice two: You want to deal with Archer and what and why he knows about you but you’re worried that if you bring Shinji with you that Rin will misunderstand. “I think we should wait and get more information especially about Lancer. If we jump into this we’ll end up cutting our legs off” you say half lying.

“Sensible Emiya, I agree that we shouldn’t rush, I’ll look into heroes with cursed weapons, in the mean time keep practicing with your magic, we’ll meet back here tomorrow” Shinji replies concurrently.

After Shinji and Rider leave you turn to Saber. “It’s been eating at me Saber, I need to know how that guy knows about me. Get ready we’re going to see Tohsaka about this” you announce.

Saber nods “Our worries and wishes are the same then master. As you lead I shall follow she replies as you two prepare and head over to the Tohsaka residence. Once there you knock politely and Rin answers the door.

“Emiya what are you doing here, with Saber? Did Shinji prove me right?” Tohsaka asks seriously.

You shake your head. “It’s difficult to explain, can we come in?” you reply.

Tohsaka hesitates for a moment before nodding and letting you inside. “Alright well why don’t you start from the beginning then? Archer we have guests, please make some tea” Tohsaka announces as she leads you into the sitting room.

Tohsaka sits down and motions for you to continue your story. You recount Shinji’s explanation in his own words and then Archer serves tea and steps behind Rin into your view. Archer appears to have gotten a hair comb from somewhere and starts messing with his hair.

“I’ve been bothered by how your servant knows about me Tohsaka” you state taking a drink of tea and that’s when you notice Archer’s new hair style. YOUR hair style and that’s when it clicks in your mind. His attitude reflects your frustrations; his skin riddled with burns from his magic circuits being taxed like your father explained when you were young. His class and even the tea you’re drinking.

Archer is you

This war even explains why he can be here and as you hear Saber gasp in shock you have no time to run before Archer kicks the chair Rin is sitting in toward Saber sending Rin and chair crashing into Saber as Archer rushes you and makes three attacks that you can see before you feel your arms disappear and your vision is split at an odd angle.

Dead end

You have reached a dead end would you like to view the tiger dojo?

Choice four: You turn to Shinji after a moment in thought. “We need more information and I certainly need more practice before we could reasonable win without losing one of us to the enemy’s counter assault” you reply admitting your own inability.

Shinji nods. “Alright Emiya if you think you can’t manage to win at this point then holding off might be best. I’ll investigate heroes with cursed weapons and we’ll meet back here tomorrow” Shinji states as he packs up and leaves.

Saber looks annoyed by Shinji’s tone and words but relaxes her face once he leaves.

“Shirou I am all for improvement but if you wait too long we will certainly be over taken, what’s more we have not even begun to search for other masters.” Saber explains drinking her tea in a huff.

You nod. “It’s true I have been slow about this Saber but Rider said earlier there was a master who fought in close and since we were counting on that being my trump card against the others if I’m not up to par this master will take me apart, further Archer said my power was projection and I definitely need the time to get it right before a situation where I’ll need it comes up” you reply quietly.

Saber looks surprised and then nods. “Very well master but I’ll insist you do not miss our sessions in favour of your new goal, and what’s more you will not ignore your body’s warnings for rest. If you neglect any of these things I swear I will tie you down and win the war myself” she states with a smile.

You get the feeling that while she’s joking she may be just as serious about it. After finishing up in the living room you

1) Practice projection

2) Go to bed

Choice one: with your previous conversation in mind you head to the shed and start by turning on your magic circuit, concentrating you think about something to project and strangely Archer’s swords enter you mind.

Trace on! You start the method to project the weapons in your mind and winch slightly as pain shoots through your body. Opening your eyes you find the swords in your hands, they look fine but you sense something different about them. Your father told you that a projection is just a good copy but these feel like more then a picture to you. Your uncertain of why but you feel as if your fighting ability has improved dramatically just by holding them. Letting them disappear you try and succeed again in projection proving they aren’t a fluke attempt and winch again from a pain in your arms.

You get a frightful feeling as you stare at your clothed arms. You’re afraid to roll up your sleeves to check for injuries but all the same you should. Still you feel as though you might see something terrible if you move your shirt way from your arms.

1) Check for wounds

2) Ignore it and maybe it’ll go away

Choice one: Saber’s warning about ignoring your body returns to your mind and you pull up your sleeves. Burns, what’s more what looks like metal is jammed into the center of the burns. A sense of dread hits you as your vision blurs and you fight to keep standing.

Archer is you. No that isn’t right you wouldn’t ever need the grail’s wish even in death so there must be another reason why that guys know about you. Putting the illegal thought out of your mind you regain your balance and check your arms. The burns have disappeared, that’s impossible though so you must have imagined it. You were excited about succeeding and tired from exercising your abilities for the first time in days, so of course you’d imagine something impossible.

Shaking away your fears you realize just how tired your body has become and decide to call it a night. You wash up and say good night to Saber as you head to bed and quickly drift to sleep.

Interlude

The questions weighing on her mind finally have answers. These answers however are not the ones she asked for. Her master is not like that man, yet the servant is; thus yet another question appears and for her master’s safety and her own peace of mind she takes to the night, her armour reflecting from the rooftops in the light of a full moon.

A sudden stop. The small knight has reached her destination, her answers will be found and if the servant chooses to refuse her then she will put him and the matter out of her mind.

“Archer! We have need of words you and I” the little knight calls out.

A rustle inside the large house and after a moment the aforementioned knight servant appears.

“And is it just to talk then Saber?” Archer asks with a knowing smirk.

“Yes, however that civility shall only extend if you choose to answer the questions I have truthfully.” The blue knight replies.

The red knight nods and joins her on top of the roof.

“You aren’t any good at lying Shirou, so why are you here?” Saber asks staring straight at the Archer servant.

“You’re right though I sure I’m a different Emiya Shirou then your master. If that boy hasn’t said it then I will. The thing you seek is not here Saber the grail in this war will grant your wish by way of tragedy and worse yet you will be doomed to servitude as a cleaner like I was at the end of my life. To answer you’re question Saber I came here to kill your master so that he and thus I would never become a guardian and be forced to betray our ideals. However as I said your master doesn’t appear to be on the same path as I was so I’m thinking that killing him would be pointless. That said Saber if he becomes someone terrible I’ll kill him without a second thought” Archer explains.

The blue knight frowns, and then nods. “Very well, if it should come to battle over my master then we’ll see how much you have grown Shirou. Until then I see no reason for us to fight.” The blond knight states and then returns to her master along the rooftops.

Interlude end

You awaken to a typical morning.

1) Keep up your routine.

2) Make breakfast

3) Go back to bed

Choice two: you decide to make breakfast, after making something simple for the two of you; you sit down to eat with your blond haired companion. The meal is rather quiet as the two of you have nothing idle to talk about.

After you finish eating the two of you enter the dojo and continue the practice of you getting your ass kicked call training. It isn’t as bad as before. For a moment you consider using your projection for a sneak attack on Saber. It would work but you quickly decide against it. You can’t reliably use an off hand weapon yet, so any attack you make will simply be blown away and your chance gone forever.

With training finished you wash up and get ready to go meet Illya. “I shall stay here today Shirou. Illya did not seem wholly comfortable with my presence given that I am a servant and furthermore due to our problems connecting I wish to rest to preserve my strength.” Saber explains seeing you off.

You nod and make a mental note to ask Shinji if he might know a solution to the problem. You smile at Saber and then head off to the park to meet Illya.

As you walk to the park you get an odd feeling as if someone is watching you. You look around finding nobody and shake it off as anxiety from everything going on lately, reaching the park you find Illya sitting on the bench just like yesterday waiting for you.

As she catches sight of you her eyes brighten and she smiles. “You’re here Onii-chan!” she exclaims happily.

You nod and smile back. “Of course, after all I’m the one who asked to meet you here, so it would be rude of me to skip out on meeting today.” You reply.

Illya motions for you to sit down beside her and of course you comply. The atmosphere is warm again like it was yesterday but the silence is starting to grind on you. “You know Illya since Kitritsugu was my father as well that means I really am your Onii-chan. I can’t say I know anything much about being an older brother but I’d like to think I can be a good one, I’ll try to do my best if you’ll let me. I want to be able to come to me if there’s any sort of problem.” You blurt out quickly without restraint.

Illya’s eyes lock on to yours and she shifts her position so that her nose almost touches yours. Her eyes are filled with certain seriousness as she asks a single worded question.

“Promise?”

There’s no other answer you can give her, it won’t nearly atone for what you’ve done but still.

“Yes of course I promise Illya, whatever happens you can count on me.” You reply.

Her eyes brighten and then fade a bit. “He said that too, but never came back.” She states returning to her seat proper.

For a moment you can’t think of anything. And then suddenly a memory strikes you like a bolt of lighting. “Illya. Did you know Kiritsugu left me alone as a child and took trips over seas? I’m certain that he was trying to see you and bring you home with him.” You state firmly though uncertain of the statement yourself.

Before she can speak you continue. “Apart from that Illya you and I aren’t separated by some big border on a map. We’re here in the same city, I won’t be leaving and as long as you want to be here In Fuyuki I won’t let anyone take you away.”

Illya looks at you amazed before speaking herself. “Onii-chan…ok but I’m not living in the city right now, so if you need to find me come to the castle in those woods, I’ll tell them to leave a marked path so you can come see me anytime you need.”

You’re a little stunned as she points to the forested area outside the city. Castle huh? Looks like the Einzbern family is rather influential even as magi go.

You nod as Illya stands up. “I have to go now berserker is waking up, he doesn’t like it when I’m not there” she says heading off with a wave.

You stay sitting for another moment and once Illya is out of sight you lift yourself off the bench and return rather slowly to your home and Saber who’s waiting there.

Once you get into the house and sit down Saber takes a seat across from you. “Rider’s master called here. He said that he would be unable to be here tonight. Apparently he’s looking for a certain book and cannot find it.” She explains with a slight frown.

Seems like Saber certainly doesn’t like Shinji but that’s par the course for his attitude, you know he isn’t really the way he seems.

It’s become evening now.

1) Practice magic

2) Make food

3) Go to bed early

Choice one: While you’re a bit worn out from putting yourself out there in front of Illya today it’s no excuse to neglect your training. You head out to the shed and once more activate your magic circuit.

The feeling is simpler, more bearable then before. You run through the steps for projection and it succeeds once again. As you examine the blades you find the same burns have appeared on your skin.

It’s something you have to face now. For whatever reason that Archer’s servant is you.

This power you have is on mere projection either, with that in mind.

1) Take Saber with you and go see Archer.

2) See Archer yourself there’s no need to involve Saber

3) Go to bed

Choice three: You decide to go to bed. Over taxing yourself is pointless, you need to talk to Shinji and since he didn’t show up tonight your best chance to talk would be at school.

You and Saber head to bed and the next morning greets you quickly but not before a rather disturbing dream regarding the blond female knight who has been at your side since the strangeness call the holy grail war has begun.

While you concede to asking Saber about what you saw later the image of the sword she was holding however does not seem to leave the front of your mind. After making breakfast you head off leaving Saber behind you. Once arriving at school.

1) Hit class and wait till after school to talk with Shinji

2) Go to the archery club now and see him there.

Choice two: It’s better to speak to him now, so you head over to the archery dojo.

Practice there is the same as it always was except that today you can’t spot Mitsuzuri. Or Shinji for that matter. You spot Sakura down at the other end of the range and move quietly to her hoping she might have some answers.

“Sakura, have you seen Shinji today?” you ask a little guilty at sending her away from your home.

“This morning Nii-san said he had something to do and wouldn’t be back till later tonight Senpai” she replies naturally.

Your mouth dries up and your chest tightens. That feeling you got when going to see Illya. You don’t want to think it but it could have been Rider. You didn’t tell Shinji about Illya, you should have said something! And if Rider saw you two together Shinji probably thinks you’re betraying him. No matter what the case you’re certain something terrible will happen if you don’t do something.

1) Head to Illya’s place with Saber

2) Head to Illya’s without Saber

Choice one: You can’t afford to run back to your place to get Saber and its broad daylight so you can’t summon her here. The woods near the castle are your best bet but you’ll need transportation there.

You’ll have to take a cab and just hope Illya managed to set up that marked path she was talking about. Dashing out of the dojo and off the school grounds you flag a taxi about a block from the school and settle uneasily into the back seat.

The ride takes awhile and you thank the driver after paying him and set off into the forest. Luckily Illya managed to set up that marked path, you hope Shinji didn’t manage to find it or else you might be too late.

Following the signs you start moving at top speed and summon Saber. After a few minutes the two of you catch sight of the castle and burst through the doors to find Shinji and Illya facing each other down along with their servants.

Saber moves in an instant and blocks Rider’s attack on Illya and before you can utter a single word the behemoth known as Berserker moves his arm swiftly and his weapon collides with Shinji sending your friend into the wall leaving a disgusting pinkish stain.

While you are a sinner murder is also an incredible sin and so in order to end this your mind and heart shall become steel.

Before that happens your heart whispers a last goodbye to the sister you might have known.

The rest are minor details. Emiya Shirou will become a superhero as his father was.

End

Choice two: You can’t afford to run back to your place to get Saber and its broad daylight so you can’t summon her and even if you could you still aren’t certain Shinji has gone to Illya’s to do something terrible.

You’ll have to take a cab and just hope Illya managed to set up that marked path she was talking about. Dashing out of the dojo and off the school grounds you flag a taxi about a block from the school and settle uneasily into the back seat.

The ride takes awhile and you thank the driver after paying him and set off into the forest. Luckily Illya managed to set up that marked path.

Following the signs you start moving at top speed. After a few minutes you catch sight of the castle and burst through the doors to find Shinji and Illya facing each other down along with their servants.

It certainly looks like your feelings were right but there isn’t enough time to talk it out, you might not be fast enough to get to both of them in time.

1) Protect Shinji (one point)

2) Protect Illya

3) Protect both of them (Two points)

Choice three: There’s no question what you should do. Emiya Shirou will be a superhero, which means protecting everyone in your sight.

Dashing forward you dive toward Illya to protect her from Rider’s attack and before you can feel the stabbing pain from the servant’s needle like weapon you turn and push Shinji from the reach of the behemoth you can only guess is Berserker.

You can see a shock in your friend’s eyes as Berserker’s weapon collides with your body sending you into the wall. You can barely manage to breathe as you hear frantic voices amongst the sound of your blood pooling at your feet. You’re certainly a goner but you can’t help but smile as darkness takes you.

Interlude

A full moon lights up the Emiya compound and only serves to increase the watcher’s anxiety. His thoughts draw to the person who saved him and the boy can not understand why.

“So Emiya Shirou saved you huh? It seems like he’ll keep doing things that will get him killed. What a waste. Wouldn’t you agree?” A voice asks breaking the night air.

The boy turns startled for a moment at the red knight’s appearance. The white haired man’s presence is acceptable since his master came to help their friend and aside from that the Einzbern’s servant would crush the girl and the red knight before either could hope to do anymore damage to the ailing boy.

Still the servant speak now annoys the one who was saved. No that’s wrong it pisses him off beyond all reason and as he looks at the servant he realizes why.

The boy strolls up to the man with an odd smile. “Yeah I completely agree. Emiya shouldn’t have bothered saving me since I’m nothing but a bottom feeding self serving jerk ass.”

Pausing the boy looks into the servant’s eyes.

“But you know if I’m a bottom feeder then that means you’re nothing but scum!” the boy states punctuating his words with a right hook that connects with the archer sending him to the ground. The boy’s hand is certainly broken he carries on regardless.

“You think some bleach and god damn spray on tan is going to fake me out!? Emiya may be stupid sometimes but at least he gives a crap! You sure as hell aren’t the person he wants to be and the idea that he could become some self hating jackass sickens me. YOU WANNA BE LIKE ME SHIROU? YOU WANNA BE SOME WHINING BRAT WHO CAN’T DEAL WITH FAILURE? WELL SCREW YOU; YOU CAN TAKE YOUR PITY PARTY ELSEWHERE!”

The boy’s words drain him of his rage and hearing it aloud makes him realize the truth about himself.

The heroic spirit called Emiya picks himself and adopts a grin. “Yeah. No point whining about it now, what’s done is done” he states disappearing.

Moments later the boy feels his servant approach and turns to see her standing in the moonlight. “Rider, I want you to protect Emiya. I finally understand that he isn’t looking down on me and more so why Sakura comes here to be with him. Zoken forced her to need Emiya when she shouldn’t, forced me to believe I was worthless and thus we two are what we are because of him and since I can’t help her as a brother, cannot hope to atone for my crimes should I should at least rid her of the old bastard so she will be safe to live a normal life.” The boy states leaning against the wall of the house.

“Why the change master” Rider asks curiously.

The boy grins. “Heh you caught me I suppose. I really just want to kill that bastard but since I’ll die no matter what I thought I’d sound cooler if I said what I did. Plus it went well with that verbal outburst I let out on Tohsaka’s servant” the boy laughs a bit and his servant strangely smiles.

Interlude end

You awaken to hear voices, looking around you’re in your room and your chest is bandaged.

1) Get up and go see who’s here

2) Keep listening in to the conversation

3) Get to the bathroom and try to clear your head

Choice two: You decide not to get up. If you’re hurt you’ll just end up causing trouble, besides that it sounds serious and you’d rather not interrupt.

“I see, then while you are the true grail Sakura has been transformed into a substitute” Saber’s voice states.

“Yes, well that’s the old man’s plan anyway, Sakura isn’t perfectly attuned yet and if we kill the old man then she definitely won’t become a grail sub or otherwise. Seeing that Shirou was a master Sakura gave me Rider so she wouldn’t have to fight him. Shinji interjects.

Before Illya can finish clearing her throat you snap up and throw open the door to your room.

“Clearly I’m not informed enough. So how about you guys explain what you’re talking about? Or for that matter just how I’m alive? Better yet just why have you been lying Shinji?” you state to a clearly shocked room.

“Onii chan you can’t be up, go rest you aren’t better yet.” Illya replies shrugging off your questions.

“Ilyasviel is right Shirou, your wounds were grave and it is a miracle you survived at all.” Saber chips in.

“I think I’ll push that miracle until I’ve gotten my answers Saber. Now what’s all this about Sakura Shinji?” you state asking your friend.

Shinji frowns and then shrugs his shoulders. “Well it’s like I said Emiya. Sakura gave me Rider because she didn’t want to fight you when she found out you had Saber. I couldn’t explain that because she wanted to keep being a mage a secret. She thought you might hate her if you knew, It sounds silly to you Emiya but you are the odd one out when it comes to being a mage and some would hate or try to kill her if she just revealed something like that.” He states as if he can read your thoughts.

You nod magi are like that. “Yeah ok so what’s with this stuff about Zoken and Illya and Sakura being a grail?” you reply asking yet another question.

Illya clears her throat. “Saber already told you that the Einzbern family enters someone into every grail war to fight for them. Usually this person has also been the contributing aspect of the process of the Einzbern’s. The Tohsaka’s gave the land where the grail war would take place the Marakiri who are now the Matou family set up the servant system and the Einzbern’s set up the grail’s formation. The body of artificial people called homunculi are used each time the grail war occurs.” She explains chilling your blood.

You lean down and pick Illya up rather abruptly given her mouse like squeak at the action. “No. Do you hear me Illya? Onii chan won’t let that happen to either of you, so I don’t want anymore of that talk. Understand? Shinji we have to get Sakura out of that house. Bring her here, at least away from him.” You state firmly.

Shinji nods. “Well yeah, drag her back here from school but you’ll have to help cause she’ll just freak out if I’m the only one and she’s gonna need to pack and all that.”

You nod. The mood winds down and out from the Kitchen appears Tohsaka.

You’re stunned.

“Given everything coming to light I asked Tohsaka to help you with magic since theory only goes so far, besides that I don’t think having that servant of hers as your enemy would be the best idea.” Shinji explains.

You nod slowly less confused.

1) Alright start planning your next moves as a now four man team

2) Make food for your guests

3) You have your answers, now go back to bed.

Blog Entries
    Choice two: You decide to make food. Your recovery may have been miraculous but that won’t stop you from being a proper host.

Entering the kitchen you find Archer.

“So you’re awake then Emiya Shirou?” Archer asks busying himself with what appears to be dirty dishes.

“I already know you’re a version of me who was forced to betray his ideals” you reply stepping over to the sink and washing your hands.

Archer pauses a little stunned. “Uh, ok I know I dropped hints to you and I being the same person but how did you get that exactly?”

“It’s more complicated then what dad told me as a kid about being a superhero but basically the same and it’s the only thing I can think of that would change me that much. Every other idea I had as to why you are like that isn’t the sort of thing I want to even think about.” You reply simply.

“Hmph, well there’s more to it but yeah you got the basics down. That said since I heard you out there I’ll help out since it’s for Illya. Touko Aozaki, I met her a little too late to help anything but if you look her up once the war is over then you should be able to help Illya.” Archer replies taking some fish from the fridge.

“Ah yeah thanks” you mutter surprised.

“I couldn’t call myself a real big brother if I didn’t help out” Archer replies again.

1) Follow Archer’s lead and assist with the prep for dinner

2) Insist to do it on your own

3) Leave it to Archer and go back to the living room.

Choice two: You came in here to cook and while you’re grateful for what Archer has told you it’s still your kitchen and those people out there are your guests. Besides letting Archer do the cooking feels like procrastination to you.

“Go on and relax I’ll finish up here” you tell the red knight.

“With your skill there’s no way I’d leave something like this up to you” he replies confrontationally.

You feel your head throb a bit. “Just what are you implying?” you ask stressing a polite response.

“I’m not implying anything. I’m saying you don’t have the skill” Archer replies simply.

You’re a bit stunned but manage to regain your composure. “You be a good butler and serve our guest tea” you snap back.

“And while I do that you’ll be lighting the house on fire” Archer remarks almost talking as if you weren’t beside him.

“Speaking from experience I see” you reply quickly.

“Do you think can surpass the experiences of your ideal’s truth then Emiya Shirou?” Archer asks smugly.

“To say I have to would be stating the obvious but as for right here, right now in this place. I will defeat you” you answer the white haired man with conviction as you pick up your cooking implements.

“Hmm we shall see” he replies bringing his own forward.

There are no more words between you, in the next hour nothing but the sounds of metal on metal and the light hiss of the oils in your dishes. Occasionally you can feel the eyes of your guests drifting to the kitchen but only during moments when the heat between you and Archer quells.

At the end you feel a deep uncertainty. Whether you won or lost, or even if what you had set out to create and what turned up at the table were the same thing are mysteries to you. However the group is certainly enjoying the meal placed before them so your contest doesn’t really matter now.

There is one thing however that annoys you as you finish dinner.

“Well done Emiya kun but you aren’t as impressive as Fujimura Sensei claimed” Tohsaka states plainly.

You can understand not living up to Fuji-nee’s hype but her tone bothers you in a way can’t quite place and as you exchange a glance with Archer you can see it bothers him as well.

Shrugging off Tohsaka’s comment you clean up the dishes.

1) Continue from before and start planning

2) make sure of who’s staying and going tonight.

3) Excuse yourself and go train in the shed

Choice one: Planning seems the best idea right now especially since the group has apparently expanded.

“Alright Tohsaka other then your impression of my cooking skill what else do you have to say?” you ask opening up the floor.

“Not much else since most of the war’s contestants are in this very room. The only ones outside of this place are Caster, Assassin and their master since Archer and I have managed to confirm that Caster summoned assassin herself. And then there’s Lancer and his master whom we know little about. At this point I’m sure that Caster’s base is Ryudo temple and that she’s the one behind the supposed gas leaks in town.” Tohsaka explains.

Your chest tightens. Caster is draining life force from the people, you’re certain that’s what Tohsaka is implying and you can’t just let it go.

“Seems like the best idea would be to launch an assault using the lot of us” Shinji pipes up.

“I am in agreement with Rider’s master on a frontal assault” Saber states calmly sipping tea.

“Normally I wouldn’t question a plan that’s simple since I can understand it but isn’t caster going to expect that we’d come crashing through the gates since there’s so many of us?” you ask.

“Normally I’d agree with you Emiya but as I understand it now at most Caster will only expect you and Matou since technically you aren’t an ally of either myself or Ilyasviel. As we’ve only agreed to leave you alone. While that isn’t the case anymore obviously it should be the information Caster has” Tohsaka explains.

“Right, assuming Caster is a smart mage she’ll have put up a barrier, Apart from Assassin guarding it the temple itself is a flat open area so while we’ll have room to move we’ll also be open from all sides.” Shinji adds.

“The idea here would be an ambush from all sides cornering caster. Hercules and I could assist Rider’s attack while Archer could help Saber from the shadows” Illya suggests.

The plan seems solid but something feels off to you.

1) Shrug it off and show your guests their rooms for the night.

2) Revise the plan

3) Attack tonight

Choice two: You can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong with this plan. It’s sound but something itches at you.

“What about Sakura? If we get her away from Zoken tomorrow and then all go out to fight caster that leaves her defenceless if he decides to come and get her right?” you asked concerned.

By the shocked faces in the room it appears that everyone except Archer over looked that flaw.

“That shouldn’t be a problem if we attack tonight.” Rin interjects trying to recover from the over sight.

“And drag his dead weight with us where he’s likely to be killed Rin” Archer speaks up obviously referring to you.

“Emiya kun can stay here then” Rin replies with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

“I cannot agree to that Rin. If Shirou is left here then I must also stay to protect him if caster tries a trick or Lancer comes looking for us.” Saber counters adamantly.

“I agree with Saber and Onii-chan. Attacking tomorrow is the best idea for all concerned, we should settle who will stay here with Sakura tomorrow.” Illya adds quickly.

Rin nods defeated. “Alright I concede the point, for now we should just get some sleep” Tohsaka states firmly.

With that the group disperses with Illya leaving for the night and Rin taking the guest house as a sort of base of operations for herself. Shinji simply takes an empty room and you all try to rest.

Waking in the morning you have breakfast. You should train but you also remember Shinji asking for you to help with Sakura at school.

1) Skip and train with Saber

2) Go with Shinji

Choice two: You’re the one who made the point of bringing up Sakura last night, so you definitely shouldn’t skip out of school today.

Together with Shinji and Tohsaka you head to school, reaching the gates of school Tohsaka splits from you and Shinji. As you approach the Archery dojo Shinji slows down.

“What’s the matter Shinji? This was your idea” you ask concerned.

“You’re joining the club. And it’s your idea as far as anyone’s concerned” Shinji replies with a bit of an annoyed tone.

“Shinji I left for a reason, besides you guys are doing fine without me.” You reply trying to shrug off.

“Doing fine? Yesterday the vice captain broke his hand teaching your sorry ass a lesson.” Shinji replies quickly.

You stop. Shinji has a point you’ve been causing him trouble and it would be better for Sakura if you could watch over her and all things considered you actually kind of miss doing Archery.

You nod in defeat. “Yeah alright, you’re right Shinji I’ll join Archery again”

The two of you enter the dojo and Shinji speaks up. “Hey captain, Emiya here is returning to the club so make sure everyone knows”

Your friend’s loud declaration turns the entire dojo’s eyes on the two of you including two familiar girls that approach you at an unbelievable speed.

“Is it really true Emiya?”

Is it really true Senpai?”

The two girls ask in unison as they come to a perfect halt in front of you. You wonder for a moment if Ayako and Sakura should be on the track team for a second before clearing your head. You already agreed to rejoin the club but you aren’t sure how to answer them

1) Tell them it was Shinji’s idea

2) Act like it was your idea

Choice one: you decide to give credit where it’s do. “Yeah, well it was Shinji’s idea anyway but I’m certainly glad to be back.” You reply to the girls.

“Matou!?”

“Nii-san’s idea!?”

The girls exclaim in amazed unison turning their gaze to Shinji.

“W-Well yeah I…I mean I went and banged up my hand. I can’t go dragging the team down and I figure it’ll do the first years good to have a nicer Senpai who can teach them without going overboard.” Shinji explains looking away from the girls.

Ayako seems somewhat stunned by Shinji’s words. Sakura on the other hand managed to somehow simultaneously escape your field of view and grab Shinji by the wrists without you noticing.

“Senpai if your going to be leading the class with the captain today you’ll need to change. Come on nii san we need to bandage that hand properly” Sakura says dragging Shinji away.

Mitsuzuri recovers from her shock and nods. “We kept your old gear here in case you came back Emiya”

You nod back and leave to get changed. After a few minutes you return to find Sakura practicing at the far end of the range. And strangely Rider staring at you from the back entrance.

1) Go see what Rider wants

2) Help Sakura with her Archery

3) Talk to Sakura about everything that’s happened

Choice one: you decide to see what Rider want since she’s clearly trying to get your attention. Moving quickly you sneak away to the back entrance and follow Rider as she leads you away from the dojo.

“Shinji was telling the truth about Sakura however there is more to it. As Shinji said I was originally Sakura’s servant and even though I am serving her brother now I still hold Sakura’s best interests as paramount. Should you fail to rescue her from that old man Emiya Shirou I will kill you” The tall Rider states with an icy tone in her voice.

You close your eyes and laugh at her words. “You’ll kill me? I wasn’t aware you could kill a dead man Rider” you reply feeling the tug of a smile at your lips.

When you open your eyes Rider is staring at you and her nail is against your throat “Just what do you mean?” she asks with the same icy tone as before.

“I’m saying you’ll never get the chance because I’d die before I fail.” You answer staring back at Rider’s unmoving mask.

You aren’t sure if it was the way you spoke or if the words themselves sounded too absurd to be considered serious but in either case Rider backs off and disappears.

You can only hope that you’ve gotten through to the tall servant. At any rate she didn’t seem hostile after you spoke.

Returning to the dojo you lead the rest of practice until the morning ends. After that classes fly by until lunch rolls around.

1) Go find Sakura

2) Eat lunch with Shinji

3) Go find Tohsaka

4) Eat lunch by yourself

Choice one: you decide to find Sakura since you weren’t able to talk to her earlier. You’re a little lost on where your loyal junior might be however. You don’t remember Mitsuzuri telling her to come in at lunch time although she hasn’t told Sakura to come in for extra practice apart from the others since before you first quit the Archery club.

Of course that was when everything was normal and you and Shinji were getting along. Before you found out about certain abusive tendencies your friend had, you can’t exactly forgive him for that but given all you’ve learned you think you can understand at least a bit and today Shinji seemed to be acting nicer not exactly his normal self but certain not bad.

At anyrate that something to contemplate later, for now you need to find Sakura.

1) Search the grounds

2) Search inside the school

3) Check the roof

Choice three: you decide to check the roof to see if maybe Sakura decided to eat up there. It isn’t exactly like her but you have a feeling that going to the roof is the right thing to do.

Hurrying out of the class room and up the stairs you open the door and find nothing but an empty rooftop. Letting out a sigh you turn to leave when a voice cuts the silence.

“You’re looking for Matou Sakura, right Emiya Shirou?” Archer’s voice. No there’s no point in saying that it’s someone else. He is you and every second you spend fighting with that idea is another you’re wasting.

“I am” you reply coolly.

“I saw her earlier entering the archery dojo. I believe she’s having her lunch with Mitsuzuri” he answers himself.

“Thanks” you return and take off for the archery dojo.

Crossing the school grounds you reach the Archery dojo and enter finding Sakura, Ayako and Tohsaka.

“Emiya, hey! Come to have lunch with the captain huh?” Ayako ask cheerfully.

“Actually I came to see Sakura” you reply honestly.

Sakura moves from the table set up and comes over to you. “Do you need something Senpai?” Sakura asks with her usual cheerfulness.

“It’s nothing life or death Sakura. I wanted to see if you’d like to eat lunch together but since your already eating with friends I won’t disturb you.” You reply turning to go.

Before you can take a step a pair of hands grab your wrists, surprising the voice that speaks up isn’t Sakura.

“You’re a good shot but sometimes you focus too much Emiya and lose your place. Matou is having lunch with her friends, seems you’ve forgotten that you happen to belong to that group as well.” Ayako states putting pressure on your wrist.

Before you can answer her you’re forced to turn to Sakura as she tugs on your arm.

“Is that true Senpai, do you really not want to be friends anymore?” Sakura asks trembling.

You’re stuck, you’ll have to answer

1) Of course I’m your friend

2) Ask if she has feelings for you

3) stay quiet

Choice Two:

Choice one: “Of course I’m your friend Sakura. I don’t think Ayako was implying that I wasn’t, right captain?” you state firmly snapping a glance at Ayako who nods.

“I…but Senpai you’ve been letting Tohsaka Senpai stay at your house and” Sakura starts to insist before you cut her off by pulling her close.

“That’s different Sakura. Shinji got himself into trouble and that’s why he was staying at my place, that’s why we couldn’t have you there your brother didn’t want to worry you needlessly. Tohsaka’s staying because Shinji told me that something went wrong at her house and she can’t stay there.” you reply quickly lying for the ordinary captain still in the room

“R-right, that’s right Senpai is always so dependable, I got worried for nothing. Please forgive my rudeness Tohsaka Senpai.” Sakura asks Tohsaka as she recovers with the help of your answer.

“Ah, it’s no problem Sakura. Matou kun and I had to explain to Fujimura Sensei earlier anyhow so don’t worry about it.” Tohsaka replies coolly.

“Geez Emiya all this drama because you wanted to eat lunch, you haven’t even told them about that surprise yet” Shinji announces with a small laugh as he walks over to the group.

Despite Shinji making the statement all eyes are on you.

You aren’t entirely sure what he’s talking about but you have to say something.

1) Tell them about Illya

2) Tell Sakura that you’d like her to come stay at your place

3) Ask Sakura to marry you

Choice three: “Matou Sakura, will you marry me?” you ask staring into the eyes of your ever loyal junior.

A collective gasp erupts from the others in the room and somehow you’re certain that Archer is speechless wherever he is. Sakura seems stunned but after a moment her gaze meets yours and she smiles warmly.

“Oh Senpai I…” she responds gently trailing off lost in the moment.

“Call me Shirou from now on Sakura” you tell her as you wrap your arms around her tightly.

Sakura nods but before she can speak an explosion rocks the dojo kicking up blinding dust into the air. You loose hold as Sakura lets out a yelp and you hear clearly the voices of two figures in the smoke and dust.

“To Right wrongs wherever there are found!”

“We are the guide to those in need, to those who mock us beware for your journey down life’s dark tunnel shall never end!”

“Such a world has already come to pass; only the greedy or desperate would try to reclaim it”

“Such out of character behaviour will not be tolerated!”

Such people are evil, we the continuity rangers; heroes who burn brighter then any protagonist hereby declare that the villain is you Emiya Shirou!” the two voices finally revealed as Illya and Fuji nee dressed in a gym uniform and Kendo gear respectively.

Before anyone can do anything Illya waves her hands and sends everyone flying and Taiga rushes you knocking you down and tying your hands together so you can’t fight back as she and Illya drag you away.

This event was strange and nothing is certain save that your fate now is certain to be worse than death.

End

Choice two: “I was going ask this later Sakura but since Shinji wants to spoil it.” You explain pausing.

“Since the trouble with your brother has been dealt with I want you to start coming around my place again. Actually since Shinji had the brilliant idea to invite Tohsaka’s problem onto my door step and break his hand at the same time I’m swamped at home and was wondering if you could stay for a few days.” You finish rubbing the back of your head.

“Of course Senpai, I’m always happy to help” Sakura replies cheerfully.

Before you can say anything further the bell rings signalling the end of lunch.

You sigh and Shinji takes your shoulder. “We’ll meet you here after school Sakura” he says as he drags you back to class.

School ends and you stand up and start toward the class door when Shinji grabs your arm. “Go home Shirou. My grandfather will think it’s strange if you come with Sakura and I back to our place, besides that you haven’t eaten. Don’t worry Sakura and I will be at your place after we get what she needs” Shinji explains with a serious look.

1) Do as Shinji asks

2) Insist you go with them

Choice one: You nod “Sure Shinji, I’ll see you two in a bit” giving your friend a wave you head out of the room and toward home.

Interlude

He knows what he has done cannot be forgiven, thus he will not ask for any such thing. It has simply become enough to set the climax in motion before bowing out.

“Rider” the boy calls out summoning the unwilling servant.

“Yes master?” the pink haired, masked woman asks as she appears from the ether.

“I’ve come to a decision Rider” the faux magus replies pulling a book from his school bag. The bound servant recognises the book instantly as the one which holds her.

“Take it Rider, if you plan on killing me I understand; after everything I’ve done it would certainly be deserved. Before I die I want to make sure that bastard Zouken pays for what he’s done.” The boy explains offering the book to the tall woman before him.

Silence falls over the two for an immeasurable time before the servant’s voice is heard.

“If you intend Zouken to pay for his crimes then you will need that book master, if you should still feel this way after he is gone then at that time offer the book to me once more.” The pink haired spirit states disappearing from site.

Interlude end

Getting home you find Berserker sitting in the yard meaning that Illya has already arrived.

You aren’t sure if waving to the large servant would be a good idea so you simply make your way into the house, there Illya, Saber and Rin are sitting around enjoying tea.

1) Join the three ladies

2) Get started on dinner

3) Go find Archer, there are things you’d like to talk about

Choice two: you decide to get started on dinner. Preparing enough food for the group will be a challenge but you think you can manage so long as Sakura and Shinji get back soon.

After starting the preparations Shinji returns with Sakura who’s carrying a couple of overnight bags and what looks to be a shopping bag. Shinji gives a light wave at you before taking a seat in the living and Sakura joins you in the kitchen.

“Good evening Senpai. Nii san told me how many people were here so I picked up some food on the way here.”

You nod “you’re a life saver Sakura” you reply thankful for your junior’s foresight.

The two of you return to the task at hand in silence, you notice that Sakura seems more relaxed. You guess that she must be more comfortable now that she doesn’t have to hide the fact that she’s mage.

Despite the relaxed atmosphere you can’t seem to find the words before your task is finished and dinner begins. After a rather chatty meal the mood turns to tonight’s task.

The only variable is who will stay with Sakura to protect her while the others go fight Caster.

1) Rin and Archer stay

2)Illya and Berserker stay.

3) Shinji and Rider stay

4) You and Saber stay with Sakura

Blog Entries
    Choice one: There’s no need for two Emiya Shirous to go fight. “Tohsaka, Archer” you start up before your cut off by Tohsaka’s glare.

“Don’t make excuses when the reason is clear Emiya kun. Just make you everyone comes back.” Rin states shooing you with a wave.

Looking to Sakura you see her smile before turning to leave, stepping out the door you hear Archer behind you. “Go without hesitation Emiya Shirou. She will still be here when you return.” He tells you.

“Of course she will after all Tohsaka is here to protect her” you reply with a slight laugh.

As you step out the front door you get the feeling that Archer is smiling at your words. The others stand waiting at the gate. Once this night ends you’ll be one step closer to returning the city to normal. What that means for Saber you aren’t sure but innocent people come first after all.

The group marches silently through the streets to Ryudo temple and the battle yet to come.

Arriving at the base of the temple stairs the group turns inward with a silent nod and cautiously starts up the stairs. Strangely nothing happens, no one even stands in your way as you reach the temple itself.

Interlude

The purple haired girl is uncertain of what to make of the servant charged with protecting her. Her nii san told her who he is but she can scarcely take it seriously.

This gruff seeming person just couldn’t be her Senpai. He’s too grim, even when he smiles at her real older sibling it looks as if he’s frowning.

She goes to ask something of the Archer servant but before she can he fixes his eyes on her and she realizes that this man is her senpai.

“Sakura if there’s anything that that my younger self is unaware of you need to tell him.” The white haired man tells her.

Her response is a mix between confused muttering and embarrassment and the Archer presses the issue.

“I didn’t know the truth about the grail war when I went through it. Not about you or Illya or the greater grail. I only found out when it was too late…I failed but he doesn’t have to.” His tone is normal but the words are heavy.

The girl looks at the Archer and her master the first in pain and the other astonished at the words her servant has spoken.

Interlude end

As you investigate you find nothing except a faint sense of magical power. Caster has left here clearly.

Upon finishing your investigation of the area the group prepares to leave however.

Skeletons on mass descend from out of the woods and surround you.

1) Break through the line and run.

2) Stand and fight it out

Choice two: a hush falls over the area and almost on cue to your projection the group starts an offensive strike. Between Saber, Rider and Berserker the attack lasts no more than ten seconds as the constructs are shattered into dozens of pieces each.

Before you can turn to leave the area is flooded in a red mist and the entrance to the temple disappears.

A loud groaning noise followed by a creaking rumble erupts from the ground as the destroyed constructs join together to form a monstrous single entity that well might block out the moon. The now titanic skeleton makes a sweeping motion with his sword and the servants retreat with their respective masters.

Hercules rushes toward the monster and slashes and hacks at it’s legs but fails to damage the creature permanently as the creature regenerates and knocks the huge servant aside.

Shinji looks to Rider who shakes her head as if to indicate any noble phantasm she has wouldn’t be a match for this enemy. At least that’s what you think she means.

You turn to Saber who nods understanding your unspoken question.

1) Give Saber the order to use her noble phantasm

2) Use a command spell to boost her np’s power

3) Run away you don’t how to restore Saber’s prana yet. Using her noble phantasm could kill her.

Choice three: you can’t risk wasting your strength on something like this when you can’t repower Saber.

The only sensible thing to do is run however while the others silently agree one stands her ground. “Shirou you told me your reason for participating in this war was to make sure no innocents were harmed. Since I know this to still be my master’s wish I cannot retreat” Saber states sword drawn not taking her eyes off the monster.

A wave of shame runs through your body as you here her words, they are not angry rather they are warm. Her heart beats in time with yours, even when you ignore its cry she can hear it. If you run now this thing could very well go on a rampage.

“Of course Saber your right. Well then can you tell me your master’s next command?” you reply breathing a calm sigh.

Saber nods increasing her concentration. “Excalibur!” she shouts fiercely as energy wells in her weapon and expels toward the creature.

The golden light that matches the small knight’s hair, warm forgiving and pure strikes the creature full force even dispersing the red mist on the temple grounds. The creature is not even ash as the light fades giving way to the sound of the knight’s heavy breathing.

Her armour disappears as she drops to a knee. With the monster gone and Caster nowhere to be found the only thing to do is return home. Saber lets out a slight yelp of surprise as you scoop her up her arms.

“Shirou what do you think you’re doing?! I may be tired but I can still walk on my own” Saber protests in an embarrassed tone.

“It’s faster this way” you reply casually.

“Still I would prefer to” Saber begins before you cut her off.

“Who’s the master here?” you ask playfully.

“I uh ah” Saber mumbles sheepishly as she turns red and goes quiet. It appears in this situation Saber couldn’t handle your teasing.

On the way back to the house you notice that both Rider and Illya are slightly red faced. Illya is understandable however Rider is a mystery. You wonder if perhaps Rider would like to be carried as Saber is now.

The pseudo bondage clad servant is certainly complicated to say the least.

Arriving at the house you set Saber on her feet and the group enters the house with the exception of Hercules who goes around to the side of the house.

The house and its occupants are all intact and by the looks on their faces nothing even happened while you were gone.

In the next hour you explain the events that took place and the fact that you found nothing at the temple meaning that Caster is elsewhere.

Rin suggests that the group searches the city in pairs for clues starting tomorrow. The only question is who to go with.

1) Go with Sakura

2) Go with Rin

3) Go with Shinji

4) Go with Illya

Choice one: Sakura doesn’t have a servant and is clearly in the most danger. Add to that the fact that going with anyone else aside from Shinji would look strange and attract unwanted attention and the choice is obvious.

“I’ll go with Sakura” you announce clearly.

No one seems surprised; though you can’t see him your certain Archer is smiling in a smug way.

“Berserker and I will go with Shinji” Illya declares almost cheerfully.

At that a plate clatters to the ground. “No way in hell you are!” it isn’t quite a shout but not a level tone either. Clearly the idea bothers Archer.

“So what you still don’t trust me then Emiya?” Shinji asks annoyed.

“No Shinji I trust you but trust is the point I’m making here. Zoken trusts you still and because of that the old man would likely tell you things that he wouldn’t if any of us are around” Archer replies as if the idea were first grade math.

Shinji blinks surprised “um yeah…good idea” your friend mutters embarrassed.

After a bit of idle chatter you all head to bed which includes Illya who is dragged off to the guest house with Rin in order to stop you being framed for a certain crime.

Morning comes quickly and the house buzzes with activity, after Breakfast you all get ready to leave.

1) Head to the old part of town

2) Head to the newer part of town

3) Investigate the church

Choice one: The others head off and as you, Sakura and Saber are about to head off Saber trips and falls flat on her face.

Claiming yourself as an expert of heroic spirits would be absurd but even you’re surprised by Saber’s utter lack of coordination.

“Are you alright Saber?” you asked concerned.

“I am fine Shirou” Saber replies embarrassed as she stands up.

“Saber chan if you aren’t feeling alright then you shouldn’t push yourself, I know servants are stronger than normal humans but even you aren’t a machine.” Sakura chimes in.

Saber shakes her head. “I just slipped Sakura. I really am fine and besides you need me in case something happens”

“But I know where caster is, she won’t bother us.” Sakura replies as if she were stating the weather of the day.

You’re stunned as is Saber clearly. “Uh Sakura if you knew then why didn’t you say something earlier?” you ask confused.

“I only confirmed it just now and the others could still gather information on Lancer or caster. And that aside Senpai Saber is too weak to fend off an attack without the possibility of disappearing right now.”

Saber moves to protest.

1) Support Saber

2) Go with Sakura on this

Choice two: You admire Saber’s desire to go on for your sake despite her body but Sakura is right.

“You’re right Sakura.” You nod.

Saber turns and gives you a look that’s half between hurt and angry. “Shirou!” the blond knight exclaims with a mouse’s squeak rather then a lion’s roar.

“You’re the one who said rest is important Saber. There’s no point in overworking yourself when the battle ahead is a fierce one” you reply.

“Saber chan since we know where the enemy is the chance that they will attack outside of that range is unlikely and it is daylight so the likely hood of being attacked is reduced twice. However since you are clearly worried Saber chan I purpose we skip such a patrol and simply get what we need for dinner tonight while you wait here and rest” Sakura flanks Saber before she can she can respond to your words.

Saber almost seems smaller somehow as she does not meet your eyes. “I understand. I should be happy that my master thinks unselfishly of my well being. I will wait here, please hurry back.”

Nodding you and Sakura head out to the shopping district. You collect what you need for tonight and begin to head back. Sakura stops at the small park where you talked to Illya. “Senpai can we stop here a minute? I need to talk to you about something.”

You nod to sakura perfectly willing to indulge your junior.

Sakura moves into the empty park and pats a swing beckoning you to sit and you do of course.

“Senpai you know Zoken Matou has put me through a process that enables me to become. However you don’t understand what that means. Grandfather put a kind of magical familiar inside me to mark my body with their family’s magic.” Sakura explains taking a deep breath.

“These thing form a kind of magic circuit but in exchange they increase a person’s physical drives. In the case of men they eat through a person until they are dead. However in the case of a girl like me they increase their body’s drive for sex.” Sakura continues.

You’re confused and a little afraid as Sakura continues.

“In order to keep my body in check I was violated repeatedly all for my grandfather’s sake. I was close to giving up when grandfather told me to look into your abilities as a magus. I did as I was told and that’s why I came to help when you got hurt Senpai. You were someone who I thought was amazing, never giving up no matter what. I envied and admired that attitude and although I knew you had no threatening talents magically speaking I lied to grandfather. I wanted to stay close to my senpai because you gave me the hope that someday things could get better. Despite the hardships I endured things were good for a time” Sakura takes another deep breath.

“However nii san found out that he was not the heir to the Matou named, they had adopted me for that purpose. Tohsaka senpai is my sister by birth. Shinji was devastated by the truth. Nii san lost the one thing that gave his life meaning, and so when grandfather told him to help quiet my body he agreed because he had nothing but anger and sorrow in his heart…You mustn’t blame him senpai he had the one thing that gave him meaning taken away.” Sakura states with a voice that truly pities her brother.

You’re so shocked that you can’t be mad right now.

“Nii san has changed senpai recently. He’s not angry anymore and he stopped the treatment of my body. I think you gave him hope like have for me. I would like it very much if we could both move forward and put Zoken’s terrible actions behind us but. I am going to need your help senpai.” Sakura finishes reaching out for her senpai’s assistance.

Your mind spins trying to absorb all you’ve been told and in between the start and stop you realize the hidden meaning behind Sakura’s words and your own truth.

1) Tell of course you’ll help

2) Tell Sakura you love her.

3) Kiss Sakura.

Blog Entries
    Choice two: Sakura is startled slightly as you stand up quickly and wrap your arms around her. Sakura tries to speak but stops abruptly as you pull her into a tight embrace. This girl has been through unimaginable pain and still she smiles. Furthermore you know without a doubt she does not smile for her own sake but for yours. This girl who is your family, who smiles for you and loves you, is so very strong it makes you disgusted at your own weakness.

Wait Love?

Yes undoubtedly Matou Sakura loves this worthless person called Emiya Shirou. More so what you feel is certainly more then the urge to protect your junior. You have always loved Sakura but now it’s clear that it is the kind of love between a man and a woman and that you never wish to be separated from her.

Pull back your embrace you smile at your junior. “I love you Sakura” you tell her almost whispering.

Sakura eyes widen and fill with tears and without saying anything she pushes forward and her lips meet yours. You stay like connected warmly like that until the two of you give into the need for air.

Pulling back your junior’s face is a deep red colour. “I love you too Emiya senpai” she whispers.

You lean in until for forehead touches hers. “From now on call me Shirou” you tell her as your eyes lock onto her deep purple ones.

Sakura blushes harder “Y-yes Shirou”

You nod taking her hand. “Let’s go home.”

Sakura nods and follows you close as you return home.

Getting home you and sakura put the food away keeping a small amount out for lunch. Moving around the house you find no sign of Saber and so decide to check her room.

Opening the door you find Saber resting. She appears to be in pain. This is your fault but for now you don’t know how to help her.

Leaving the room with a heavy sigh you return to the kitchen. Sakura turns to you with a smile that fades after a moment.

“Sen-Shirou. You’re worried about Saber chan aren’t you?” Sakura asks gently.

You can only nod at her question. “I…I don’t know what to do Sakura, Saber is a dear friend and I can’t figure out how to help her” the words barely manage to fall out of your mouth.

Sakura shuffles on the spot a bit and her eyes drift toward her feet. “All Saber needs is Prana to be fine. Even without a connection Senpai you could still give her prana using your body” Sakura explains.

You’re confused but certainly willing to do what it takes to save Saber

1) Tell Sakura you don’t understand what she means

2) Ask Sakura to instruct you on what to do

Choice two: You nod. “Alright Sakura just tell me what we need to do save her.”

Sakura looks at you a little wide eyed and then sighs with a relieved laugh. “After all senpai is senpai still.”

With that strange comment she nods and puts her hands firmly on your shoulders. A move uncharacteristically bold for Sakura you note. Then Sakura leans in and presses her lips against yours. “You must do this sort of thing with Saber senpai” Sakura explains.

You freeze up. You might have mistaken her if she had simply said this. But to say this sort of thing clear means THAT action. “S-Sakura I…but I mean you and I are” you stutter in protest.

Sakura shakes her head. “That’s not important right now senpai. Saber chan is in danger and it’s not as if I want her to disappear either”

“I know Sakura this is…I mean I want Saber to get better but I also don’t want to betray your feelings” You explain.

Sakura gently replies “Then let’s help Saber together senpai”

You nod uncertain of the course events are taking. “If you’re alright with this Sakura”

“It’s natural since I am the one who gave you the idea and besides that there is my own body as well. I’ve almost reached my limit senpai and I can’t settle it back down on my own.” Sakura explains with a brave smile and a squeeze of your hand.

Opening the door to Saber’s room Sakura leads you in.

[place holder here] (I will eventually have this scene placed here be it by my hand or someone else’s but for now I’d simply like to finish out the story itself){/End place holder]

You finish finding yourself staring at the ceiling. Saber is between you and Sakura and also between relief and embarrassment for the things you three have just done. Admittedly as the two of them leave to wash up you find yourself at peace for the first time since this war began.

After showering up yourself you’re left with two options until the others return.

1) Help Sakura in the kitchen

2) Relax and make sure Saber’s alright

Choice two: While you want to be with Sakura you know by the way you feel right now that Saber would likely be feeling much worse. Add that to the fact that in her time women were treated as little more then something warm you’re neither regions in and give you a child and the fact that she was a king and you start thinking that Saber may be hiding her distress.

“Saber are you feeling alright?” you asking sitting beside her.

“I am uncertain. For I had never have experienced such before now. We are certainly closer then we were and I am happy and I know you care for me. But if I could ask. Is saving my life the only reason you chose to do that with me Shirou?”

You can’t dodge this, so you’ll have to answer.

1) Yes Saber I’m sorry

2) No Saber that isn’t the only reason

Choice two: On the one hand you can’t exactly say you love Saber in the same way you love Sakura but at the same time you can’t deny it. The fact is Saber is important to you as well. And you can’t just lie to her.

“No Saber that’s not the only reason, it’s hard to explain but” you pause searching for the right words but before you can Sakura comes out of the kitchen and sets the food out and gives Saber a warm hug.

“But we love you Saber, Shirou and I do not want you to leave us.” Sakura explains almost smothering Saber with her chest by pulling the hug tighter.

“Sakura I understand that you care but…” Saber begins.

“No you don’t understand Saber. If we merely wanted to give to Prana then I would done it myself. But that is not the case and we do love you, so stop this silly worrying and do not depart from us yet in body, heart or mind.”

There is an unimaginable amount of emotion in Sakura’s words and all of it genuine. You think that just maybe those are words she wanted to hear during the worst of times. It seems Saber understands the sentiment as well and protests no further, instead giving in to Sakura’s warm embrace.

After a few moments the three of you remember the food and sit down to eat. The meal is a mostly silent one with Saber in between you and Sakura, once you finish lunch you relax in the warm atmosphere until the others return in the evening.

The group found nothing for their part save the fact Lancer and his master are clearly not allied with caster.

1) Explain about the church and caster

2) Suggest the group deal with Lancer before caster.

3) Let Sakura explain the situation and what she knows.

Choice three: you decide to let Sakura explain the situation regarding Caster and take Saber aside and out to the shed. Saber looks like she wants to protest and listen to the briefing but comes none the less.

“Saber I want you to confirm something. When I first summoned you I got a vision of a golden sword and it persisted in a dream about when you when you were alive as a knight. Do you know it’s name?” you ask oblivious to what is surely a common fact.

Saber nods. “That blade could only by my birthright the so called sword in the stone Caliburn.” The blond knight replies precisely.

You nod, so now that the sword has a name at least you know what you’ll be projecting. “Alright Saber I’m going to try replicating that, if I’m wrong you can tell me.” You explain.

Saber nods dutifully.

You close your eyes and start the process. Trace ON…structure established…history accumulated…Experience…mastered.

Opening your eyes the sword in your mind rests in your hands to the awe of its true possessor beside you.

Saber slowly and carefully takes the sword from your hands as if she were carrying a baby. “This isn’t as powerful as the true article but it is no doubt my sword in every other way Shirou.”

You nod. It is to be expected that a copy would not be as strong but to be otherwise perfect is something you’re certainly proud of, now you have a way to truly join the upcoming fight without being little more then a nuisance.

Returning inside you find the others waiting for the two of you. With the information on hand there are two options.

1) Hunt down Lancer

2) Assault caster and Assassin at the Church.

Choice one: You decide to hunt down Lancer so as to not be stabbed in the back while attacking Caster. To that point you split up to search start out with Saber and Sakura, quickly enough Ilya joins you three with Berserker.

The four of you begin your search in the older part of town and hour’s later comeback empty handed. Upon entering the house your mind locks up as you find a trail of blood on the floor leading inward toward the living room.

You rush to the living room finding Rin slumped over confirming your fears. Sakura is right beside worried for her sister. As you kneel down to check her wounds she shrugs off your attention in favour of raising her voice to speak.

“Lancer and his master took us by surprise Emiya. T-they got Shinji I…I didn’t see but Archer said Lancer used a feint and killed him and Rider…We tried…Archer refused to give up…for all my pouting I really did summon the strongest servant…I…you take care of Sakura now Emiya. Finish this fight caster’s all that’s left…” she explains breathing heavily.

Before you can manage to start cleaning her wounds her eyes glaze over and dim signifying the snuffing of her life’s candle. It’s true that your journey does not end here but the lost it too great to continue.

Bad end

Choice two: You decide to attack caster as was planned. Per Sakura’s Intel you know that the church itself is not her hiding place but rather underneath it within the bounds of her territory.

The battle will certainly be a difficult one but you’re certain with your friends and family beside you you’ll make it through this.

Entering the church you find no one around and moving further down you come to a stair well which is the starting point for caster’s territory. The architecture quickly changes to resemble the ancient Greek buildings that you’ve seen in pictures.

They are three strong magical presences among the buildings indicating that either there’s another servant around or Caster has a trap set.

1) Head with Illya and Berserker

2) Go with Shinji and Rider

3) Go with Archer and Rin

Choice two: you decide to back up Shinji and Rider. Following after the colour coordinated master and servant you, Sakura and Saber see the source of the magical energy as Rider grabs her master a pitches left to avoid arrows shot at her master.

No wait that’s wrong they weren’t arrows but rather swords used in an arrow like fashion. Four in total Dainsleif, Herpe, Gram and Durandal all names you’re vaguely familiar with and all of which are certainly powerful. So much so in fact it makes you wonder who could afford to use them like arrows.

Whoever he is he stands before you radiating an immense power. He looks mostly disinterested in everything until his red eyes reach you Saber and Sakura.

“Hmm so it’s true that you’re here this time as Saber. Ah I see then that one is…” He states cryptically as he runs his golden armoured hand through his matching hair. Letting his arm drift a bit he snaps his fingers and reveals a wall of swords.

No that’s wrong again it’s not a wall rather an opened door to some large vault where he keeps such things.

Saber mutters the word Archer under her breath giving the indication that this is the Archer from the fourth war and by her tone was clearly a hated enemy.

The golden Archer snaps his wrist and you barely manage to perceive the flood of ancient steel before it pierces through you, in your peripheral vision you catch sight that Sakura has been hit as well. The Archer wastes no time in tossing Rider aside along with Shinji.

As you hit the ground and Avalon starts to heal your wounds you hear Saber’s battle cry and the clash of steel.

As you Struggle to a standing position you can see Sakura is fine as well except that her hair has become white. Your Junior and now lover makes no move to attack the golden Archer, yet still the insignificant detail of her hair is enough to alarm him. The man makes a hard slash to force Saber backward and retrieves a large weapon from his vault.

It is a circular, black sectional weapon with a golden guard hiding the handle. The Archer smiles in an almost insane fashion. “I’ll sweep you from my sight gutter trash!” he roars as the weapon activates.

Try as you might you don’t even begin to understand the weapon’s make up or history even as it spins creating a sheer force to even unsteady Saber. The blond knight rushes the gold Archer to stop him however he has not forgotten her and fires some sort of explosive from the vault which collides with Saber Launching her backward and to the ground. You’re finished, done. It’s over and you’ve failed absolutely.

“I think you dropped this.” Shinji’s words break the dead silence of friends and foes as does a screeching squelching noise followed by the golden Archer releasing his grip on the nameless weapon and dropping it involuntarily into the nothingness he attempted to throw Rider and Shinji into.

With Murdoch embedded in his chest the epic spirit spins to face Shinji in a rage and strikes him hard causing your friend body to emit a crackling noise and land hard against the stairs he was standing on.

Before he can finish off Shinji Rider intervenes pulling her master out of harms way and leaving an escape route of the gold man. To Saber’s surprise he takes it.

Your friends are broken and battered but on the other hand if you let him get away he’ll be trouble later.

1) Stay here

2) Go after him and finish him off.

Blog Entries
    Choice one: you decide to stay with Saber and Shinji and it seems that Rider silently approves despite Sakura being fine which is odd given her earlier attitude. However before you can start to wonder about what could have happened between master and servant Shinji speaks up.

“Rider, take Emiya and Sakura and go after that guy.” He says ignoring his wounds.

“Nii san you’re hurt and Saber chan is too, we can’t just leave you here.” Sakura replies pleading.

“The hell you can’t. Sakura I’m your older brother, damned that I haven’t acted like it but listen to me now. Saber and I will be fine here but that guy could still cause trouble for the others and we’re a team after all, so we can’t forget about them. So go on and stop him.” Shinji retorts with a low growl as he rights himself and Lies against a stone pillar.

Understanding your friend’s wish you look to Saber whose eyes reflect Shinji’s answer. Looking at your two purple haired companions you nod and set off up the stairs the spirit used to escape.

Your heart starts beating harder as your mind’s connections start running to find a plan of attack. Suddenly your heart skips a beat as you reach the flat ground where the gold Archer stands opposed to your red cloaked other self.

“I’m taking that one faker, you can’t stop me” The gold Archer proclaims.

The one he’s talking about taking is the sobbing white haired clump on the ground. There’s no need to ask what happened here Berserker has done his duty and left the rest to you. Archer grins with a laugh as he glances back to you.

“We shall see about that. Here I come king of heroes, do you have enough weapons in stock?” Archer launches himself at the gold enemy and it is only then that his state becomes apparent. The red cloaked hero is missing most of his chest.

As the clash between the heroes begins Rin arrives and Archer begins speaking in the clear air between swings.

“I am the bone of my sword”

Rin mutters something regretfully as the battle continues.

“Steel is my body, and fire is my blood”

The black haired girl’s eyes well with tears as Rider and Sakura join the three of you.

“I have created over a thousand blades.”

Tossing the black and white blades in his hands in twin arcs Archer continues as the blades explode behind the king of heroes and reappear in Archer’s hands.

“Unknown to Death Nor known to Life.” Archer punctuates his words by causing a lock up of blades between himself and the golden man.

“Have withstood pain to create many weapons.”

Rin screams out but the clash between epic spirits is too much for you to have heard it. Archer’s speed and strength increase dramatically so it must have been a command spell.

“Yet those hands will never hold anything.”

Archer’s black and white blades shift their shape to appear as wings as he thrusts his arms up as if to leave the king of heroes an opening. Gilgamesh takes his opportunity and rushes you red clad future self.

“So as I pray, unlimited blade works.”

Gilgamesh brings one of his countless swords to bear but misses horribly since his target is missing most of his mass. Archer brings the two blades down and they explode against Gilgamesh as the area changes into red stained earth, an endless battle field ripe with swords. The fiery sky concealing giant gears in a haze as sparks and smoke are everywhere.

When the smoke clears Gilgamesh is staggered and Archer is transparent. He smiles at Rin and then gives you a serious look as if to say go and finish what you started.

The thing called a reality marble that is your power fades along with the one who created it and the world returns to normal. You fight Gilgamesh for certain now.

1) Fight him alone

2) Ask Rider for help

3) Ask Rin for an order

Choice two: You turn to Rider. “I think I’m going to need your help” you ask and before she can answer a snapping sound echoes through the air, and she jumps to avoid the sword flying at her but gets caught by the other three. Gilgamesh turns to you and smiles snapping his fingers again unleashing another wave of steel that crashes against you and Tohsaka . You may be able to stand by Rin is certainly dead as Rider is soon to be.

End

Choice three: You step forward causing the king of heroes to laugh. “What do you think you’re doing mongrel? Are you really stupid enough to think you can beat me when that faker couldn’t?” he asks arrogantly

Turning to Rin you smile. “Well Rin what should I do?” you ask.

Tohsaka’s eyes dry up as she looks at you. Pausing she closes her eyes and smiles. “Yes…I truly have summoned the strongest servant. Archer, Shirou…Emiya. No matter what heroic spirit suits you best of all. This is the last command your master shall ever give you so listen carefully. Defeat this gold guy, use everything you have until there’s nothing left of this guy. But most importantly come back alive, you mustn’t disobey your master coming back is most important.” Rin tells you as her eyes well up with tears and her voice starts to shake.

Sakura goes to hold her sister’s now shaking form as Gilgamesh laughs once more. “pathetic nothing but a bunch of children” he mocks starting to piss you off.

You have your order now the question is how to start the battle.

1) Use the Unlimited Blade Works

2) Rush Gilgamesh head on

3) Provoke the king of heroes into attacking.

Choice one:

I am the bone of my sword.
    Steel is my body, and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades.
    Unaware of loss,
    Nor aware of gain
    Withstood pain to create weapons.
    waiting for one's arrival
    I have no regrets. This is the only path
    My whole life was "unlimited blade works"

The king of heroes laughs “if you’re going to do an impersonation of that faker at least get the words right. Not that it matters if you did since your power is hard-ly” stopping mid rant the gold man stand agape stunned by the rust coloured world that expands enveloping him and you.

“What you face now are thousands of blades the pinnacle of weaponry.” With a somewhat brash declaration you rush the king of heroes. The gold clad man fumbles just long enough for you to get in range of him and as your swords clash with his you here the sound of stone breaking and something like rope being tied off.

The clash of counters continues until your swords shatter against his and certainly while you reach for another two swords you know you’re too slow.

Or so you thought as you manage to have your blades meet his. He slows down even as you speed up and as the fight continues on you come to realize why as the gold man’s armour greys out and cracks. With the king of heroes fatigued you disarm and knock to the ground but before you can strike a decisive blow Rider enters your field of vision and looks down at the blond man.

Rider’s hair is now barely reaching her shoulders and what was removed seems to be wrapped around her head “This is for my master” she states as the king of heroes becomes entirely grey and Rider shoves her fist into the stone hero’s chest shattering him into chips of rock.

With Gilgamesh dead your reality marble ceases. Taking a few breaths you smile with relief.

1) Go see what’s wrong with Rider

2) Go to Illya and Rin

3) Go back and check on Saber and Shinji.

Choice three: Having clearly won the day you decide to check on your wounded friends. Rider normally the fastest of you is last to arrive walking awkwardly as if she were blind. Apart from his shoulder Shinji is fine and Saber though sluggish isn’t so bad off that she needs help although she may need more mana.

You finally realize that you can’t feel your arms as you have and the temple ceases it’s wayward existence. Hurrying home to rest you sit in the living room reflecting on the costly battle as the wounded are properly attended to. You can’t help with the physical injuries of your partners as both Sakura and Rin are far more skilled with such things but perhaps you ought to lend an ear.

1) Go see Ilya

2) Check on Rider

3) Talk to Rin

4) Make food

5) Go to sleep

Choice two: You decide to check on Rider. The way she was behaving bothers you. Rider however is nowhere to be found inside the house or on the grounds. That of course leaves only the shed.

Closing in on Rider’s last available hiding place you hear banging and scraping as if the epic spirit were looking for something. Slowly entering the room you here a scraping noise and are quickly overtaken and bound by something.

Focusing you realize that it’s a large snake that has you wrapped up.

“Shirou do not struggle or try to look at me.” Rider states a hiss following her words.

Breathing becomes uncomfortable as you try to speak and look at Rider.

“The hair worked for a bit but they will bite you and there isn’t much I can do about it.” Rider explains.

It seems that for reasons you’re unaware of Rider has transformed into the mythical Gorgon. Admittedly since that is what she was during her life it’s reasonable but the why is what bothers you.

1) Let Rider keep talking.

2) ask her how this happened.

3) Look at Rider.

Choice one: “I can no longer move as I did before, nor can I bind my eyes reliably. I cannot protect Sakura or my master Shirou and I do not wish them to see me like this. I am not sure if I can change back to my previous form and even if I knew it were possible I don’t know where to start on how.” Rider stops speaking for what seem like an eternity.

“At any rate I cannot go with you to face Zoken. So I want you to protect them in my place.” The now snake haired woman asks letting you go.

1) Tell her you’ll protect them

2) Decline her request

3) Tell Rider that Shinji and Sakura need to know about her condition.

Choice one: “I said before I’d die before I failed. Didn’t I?” you reply asking her.

“That’s true but then I only wanted to protect Sakura, as of now it’s Shinji as well.”Rider explains.

You nod “I figured as much. If you don’t want Sakura or Shinji to see you like this You’ll have to sleep here, I can bring some heaters to fight the cold if you’d like.” You reply

“I would like that very much Shirou. Thank you.” Rider replies.

You nod going in the house to retrieve the heaters and a blanket to slip into the door of the shed. Making sure Rider is setup for the night you come back to find a note from Sakura. Apparently along with Saber she’s done to pick up some things she forgot at the store.

[Interlude]

Two women march on past the shops and late night stalkers called the working class to the hill top church bathed in the light of a full moon.

They come not for confession but for the realization of a prayer. A prayer given that the one they both love cannot answer.

It happens in a thunderous instant, before the falsely dressed man can utter a surprised gasp the knightly Saber drives forward and pierces his heart. The black haired man stumbles backward as she removes the blade but is not the end.

The Priest stands up swift striking at the wide eyed servant who stumbles backwards at the sudden attack by a man who should be dead.

The knight’s face is marred if only temporarily by three bloody gashes across her face. It will heal however the priest’s wounds will not.

Saber swiftly moves forward striking repeatedly at the blacked man until there’s nothing left but bloody pieces.

[/Interlude]

You can’t remember when you passed out waiting up for Saber and Sakura but you wake up to the sight of Saber standing over you.

“Good morning Shirou, I hoped you slept well. Sakura is making breakfast for us.” saber says greeting you.

You nod leaving to shower and get dressed. Arriving in the living room for breakfast you find Shinji, Rin and Ilya the latter of the two now bereft of their servants and the former disabled for the immediate future and with Rider as she is that leaves only you, Saber and Sakura to face Zoken.

1) Take Saber and confront Zouken without Sakura.

2) Confront Zouken alone

3) Try to convince Rider to come along

4) Go with Sakura and Saber to confront Zouken

5) Wait and try to reverse Rider’s condition

Choice four: There’s no point in needless heroics. Your family is at stake so you’ll need both Saber and Sakura to win and put an end to this. After breakfast you head for the door but before you can leave Ilya catches your sleeve.

“Don’t forget to come back Onii-chan” she mumbles her voice shaking violently.

Without hesitation you turn and wrap your arms and her tiny frame. “I promise I will if you promise you’ll be here waiting” you tell her squeezing her tightly.

Ilya nods feverously as she continues trembling and after moment you reluctantly let go of her knowing as you walk out the door you may well be lying to her. Setting out with Saber and Sakura you walk in silence until you reach the Matou house. Either a direct attack can be made on Zouken by kicking in the front door or you can try to trick him by having Sakura go in first with Saber.

1) Trash the place and end this

2) Have Saber and Sakura go in first

Choice one: Bursting through the front door and racing to the basement the three of you find Zouken standing in the middle of the room quietly as if waiting for you.

“I know why you are here. But you are going to turn around boy and leave Sakura here.” He explains.

Saber takes three steps before Sakura yelps in pain. Saber freezes knowing that the unnamed threat the old man makes is real. Saber can’t do anything but you aren’t about to leave Sakura here.

1) Sneak attack.

2) Wait

Choice two: You’ve got no choice but to wait for a chance and make the most of it. Zouken turns and sneers at you but as he moves to open his mouth no doubt to taunt you a horrifying crushing snapping noise sounds punctuated by a squelch. As Zouken’s jaw drops open as he turns to face Sakura Saber steps forward and her arms blur into a swath of blue cutting zouken into three pieces. You break from your fallen enemy and move to Sakura whose wounds are shutting by themselves. Best you can figure Sakura is drawing energies from Avalon inside you, further examination of Sakura leads you to believe that the transfer will continue. With Zouken gone you pick Sakura up and head out of the house with Saber beside you.

Epilogue

It’s been two years since the fifth Holy Grail war. Summer is coming around soon and Rin, Saber, Sakura and I will be heading back to Fuyuki. London is nice but it will be good to go back home. Shinji will be waiting as will Rider and without a doubt Rin will interrogate Shinji the very moment we return. Saber wanted to stay in Fuyuki but Sakura convinced her to come with us to London. Shinji and Rider get along surprisingly well given their history. They’ve both come a long way in a year Rider returning to her human state and Shinji recovering his own humanity.

Ayako sent me an express package for the four of us and inside of the envelope sent with the package was a card and rather then the usual message there was a photograph. Rider and Shinji tangled up attached at the lips.

Well it seems we’ll have more to discuss when we get back then classes.