Thread: Another (see what I did there?) crossover idea from the mind of 119 (Another/Eternal Darkness)

Another (see what I did there?) crossover idea from the mind of 119 (Another/Eternal Darkness)

Another/Eternal Darkness Crossover, title pending:

An Alternate universe that diverges with Another in episode ten, when Sakakibara and Mei hear the full tape in the lodge. At that moment, the door bursts open to reveal Reiko Mikami, their assistant teacher with a pickaxe in hand. She starts blabbering something about Lovecraftian-esque entities that existed before mankind and something about the deaths of the students being to sustain the Guardians of Chattur'gha. She then runs at Sakakibara with the pickaxe, only for him to pick up a chair and strike her over the head with it. Mikami falls to the floor, head wounded, only for a creature with a praying mantis-like stance and sharp, sword-like claws to burst from her chest and lunge at Misaki, pinning her to the floor and trying the slash at her chest. Sakakibara grabs the pickaxe and puts in through the skull of the creature, killing it.

Sakakibara and Misaki escape the lodge, fighting through hordes of their own classmates, all of them possessed by these monsters or reanimated as zombies. Before they Sakakibara locks the monsters into the building and destroys the gas pipes in the stove in the kitchen, causing a gas leak. Sakakibara then makes a molotov with some gasoline in a shed next to the lodge and blows the place up. The two make their way back into Yomiyama, only to find most of the inhabitants dead or undead, and the town filled with monsters and zombies.

Sakakibara and Mei get a hold of some guns abandoned by a couple of fallen police officer and fight their way through town while trying to get to the bottom of what's going. Eventually, they find a mysterious book that tells of a number of tales of people in various places and times that encountered similar events. The most notable are two people (not featured in the Eternal Darkness game), a samurai in 1585 who discovers as a network of mysterious ancient catacombs that seem to be some sort of temple. The catacombs, however, are filled with monsters and the living dead in the Yomiyama area, and attempts to destroy the source of evil, but fails in his attempt. Later, in 1946, a U.S. soldier in the occupation force discovers the same tomb, and manages to seal the guardians of Chatturgha in the temple until 1972, when the mysterious deaths started again. The location of this mysterious temple: right on top of Yomiyama North Middle School.

Wait Eternal Darkness, as in that one game no one knows about?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I know what Eternal Darkness is. It's that thing that postponed my gamecube's transformation from a game console into a really effective door stop.