Page 1 of 105 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Puella Magi Madoka Magica... I MEAN MAGICAL GIRLS RUN ON DIS PEAR

Shut up; Glasses are an endearing Character Trait.
    Blog Entries

Puella Magi Madoka Magica... I MEAN MAGICAL GIRLS RUN ON DIS PEAR

Um, yes.

Akiyuki Shinbo, Nasu Fanboy Urobouchi Gen, Aoki Ume and Gen's best friend depression team up to totally blow our minds regarding magical girls. No big fat pink things were involved. (Not referring to Madoka herself, even though she is a big pink thing :3c)

We are already nearing the end of the show's run and the revelations are... ... ... earth-shattering, to say the least.

So, thoughts, impressions, craving for MORNING RESCUE, obssessions, discussions, flamewars and whatnot?

I have only this to say: Have your favorite "happy food" next to you when watching.
    "One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of accidentally becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem involved in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with."

Why does no one like Astolfo

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    My thoughts on the series: while not as depressing as say, Evangelion, the fact that they use what is generally considered "cheerful art" along with how they always shatter people's hopes that things will get better for the heroines... makes such a sharp contrast that it's hard to be objective about how depressing it really is. In terms of crapsack from 1 to 10, I'd rate Evangelion an 8, while PMMM would get a 5.5. The fact the crap is on the white linoleum dreams of idealistic and naive girls though... makes it stand out much more than that of Evangelion where the shit's just in more shit.

One thing that the producers did really well though is making how disturbing Kyuubee is. From the moment I first heard it talk, there was this niggling thought in the back of my head that went "that thing just ain't right". That being said, feed more souls of girls to Kyuubee so it can reverse entropy and ensure we get to live happy lives (yeah right!). /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Episode 10

;a;

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ep10 proves that Madoka is a badass.

Homura just kind of has to force her to not be, and even then she doesn't succeed at it up until now because the power of Madoka's BADASSERY was too strong.

So there, hataz.

This show has all been about Homuhomu stealing Madoka's awesomeness. I can't begrudge her that though, she's just following Madoka Aneki's instructions.

Also:

Blog Entries
    "Homura-chan, I am just too awesome. Please, go back in time and make me less awesome."
    "Yes, Madoka! I promise! I will definitely prevent you from doing anything useful in your own show!"

It's true, though. Madoka's awesomeness is too much for the world to handle, y'know. Literally.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Homura mind of steel is awesome

Akemi Homura, lift-off!
    Last edited by Hoster; March 14th, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Awesome. Though kinda sad.

Like in later rewinds she doesn't even bother trying to befriend Madoka, so she's just "that weird girl getting in our way all the time"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really, do you think what she did in the 4th world was probably pretty much the same in what she did this time?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    This time she was just trying to kill all the Kyubeys.

Homura is a true bad ass, I wonder how it's going to end? Despite the way things are going I can't help but think that it will end better then it appears.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Not with Urobuchi in charge.

Doom, gloom and despair- that'll be all that comes from this, you mark my words.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Urobuchi's done plenty of 'happy' endings (but really most can be called bittersweet also).

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Happy for one person, sure. Everyone else gets screwed over.

I haven't played Django or Vjedogonia, but Saya no Uta, Phantom of Inferno and Kikokugai had varying degrees of happiness in their endings. Not, "Oh, and everyone, even the bad guy, is happy", but they weren't exactly soul crushing either depending on the choices you made and the thoughts you had on different characters.

Fate/Zero's ending wasn't entirely in Urobuchi's hands, and the first Black Lagoon novel arguably had a happy ending for everyone. I've heard Django is pretty happy and silly, and even if Vjedogonia had a 'kill 'em all' end, that's only one in six (two in seven? I'm not sure if I'd qualify Fate/Zero's ending as all that depressing anyway).

So, yeah... I don't think it'll end in a 'everyone's dead, the end' type ending. It probably won't be entirely happy, but it won't leave a bad taste in your mouth either.

EDIT: I classify Saya no Uta as such because you can still make the choice of having Fuminori having his brain changed back to normal, thus leaving almost everyone alive and relatively well. The other two endings either fuck Saya+Fuminori over or the rest of humanity, but the choice not to go that path is there.
    Last edited by Fatuous One; March 14th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Only person I can see getting through this remotely happy from the current point in the anime is through one of two ways: Madoka happy only version, where Homura succeeds in her mission of preventing Madoka from contracting with Kyuubee succeeding, but most likely dies as a result; everyone else is happy version, where Madoka wishes them back to a normal life without memories of Puella Magi and Witches. Since Sailor Moon pulled the second one, I'm going to count on that being the "happy ending" scenario, but a most Faustian one.

Blog Entries
    going off the way this gen guy seems to go? I am going with everything ends even worse the it has thus far and humura diving again into the past being the ending.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Nah, he seems far too happy about what's going to happen. On his Twitter during the earthquake, he was all "wtf is this earthquake? I can't die before March 25th!"