Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PhoenixAct's Unfinished Business

PhoenixAct's Unfinished Business

Or PhoenixAct jumps on the bandwagon. I'll being using this to post random drabbles that may or may not be turned into full stories later on, so that I can get them out of the way and continue with my current fics. First up:

- - -

She looked down at the two of them with curiosity, strange, it was something she hadn't felt in a long while.

There were two of them, a man with black hair and a young boy with short, red hair. She did not think the two of them were related, they did not share any common features. Both of them were severely wounded, she would guess from the battle that had taken place here. For it could be nothing but a battle, a great clash of powers that had set this place alight reduced it to ruins. Yet, she could feel something else too, a great, dark power that had burned within the flames that had been burning less than five minutes ago, the flames she had put out with her own power.

When she had come across the two earlier she had been fully prepared to ignore them and carry on her way but something had caught her attention. The man had been utterly unremarkable to her (except that she thought he was likely a magus) and dead but the boy, he still drew breathe, if only just. There was a great power within him, one that seemed to be almost directly opposed to the one in the flames earlier and it was healing the worst of his wounds; helping him cling to life. That had caught her interest, how was it that a human could have such a power within them? However now that power was fading rapidly and she knew that the boy would not likely survive much longer, not without immediate help. Help that would not arrive until it was far too late.

Suddenly she felt something clamp around her leg. She turned to strike at whatever had attacked her but stopped short.

It seemed the man was not dead after all but from the glazed look in his eyes, she thought he could no longer see. Despite this they still displayed emotion perfectly and she could feel the desperation emanating from them. He was likely going to ask her to save his life and she would have to refuse; but he surprised her.

“Is the boy okay?” he croaked.

She arched an eyebrow, this man was asked after the child with what would likely be his last minutes?

“He yet lives,” she replied, in a voice that was long unused to conversation.

Please help him,” the man wheezed.

She reminded herself that this man was blind and dying, he probably couldn't tell what she was. Or maybe he could tell and was desperate enough to ask for help from one of her kind. Either way she knew what she should do, she should deny his request and carry on along her way, she had lingered too long. Instead she found herself replying:

“Very well,”

The smile the man gave her after she spoke was strange, that of a man who had found salvation, even though she had promised to rescue someone other than him. Then he released her leg and settled back into the earth, like someone preparing for a good sleep after a long and tiring day. However there was one thing she wanted to know before he fell into his final sleep.

“What is your name?” she asked.

“Emiya Kiritsugu...” came the reply, on his very last breathe.

She stared down at his now truly dead body for a long moment, Emiya Kiritsugu, she would remember that name even if she wasn't sure why. She blinked and the spell was broken, she turned back to the boy and found he still clung to life; although the ancient power within him had almost completely vanished. She took the one, short step over to where he lay. She had given her word, agreed to the last, request of a dying man. A request that displayed a selflessness she had never seen from a human before.

Slowly knelt down beside the boy and slid both her hands beneath his body before rising to her feet again. With one last look at the dead mage Arcueid Brunstud, Princess of the True Ancestor walked off into the night, carrying a small, red-headed boy in her arms.

- - -

Some you you may recognise this from earlier but I liked it so I decided to make it the first drabble here. If you think I should remove the one from the other thread then I'll go and delete it.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Blog Entries
    This was quite wonderful. Shirou is going to have a very interesting life ahead of him. I do wonder though. Is Shiki involved or do we get single mother Arc? Regardless, I look forward to seeing more of it should you decide to continue further.

And welcome to the drabble thread bandwagon. Have a cookie. =3
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
    This was quite wonderful. Shirou is going to have a very interesting life ahead of him. I do wonder though. Is Shiki involved or do we get single mother Arc? Regardless, I look forward to seeing more of it should you decide to continue further.

And welcome to the drabble thread bandwagon. Have a cookie. =3

Isn't Shiki and Shirou are same age? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduriel View Post
    Isn't Shiki and Shirou are same age? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm not sure actually... To the wiki! *dash*

I think they might be. Which would lead to some rather interesting interactions depending on which side is more prevalent. The Tsukihime or the FSN...
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
    I'm not sure actually... To the wiki! *dash*

I think they might be. Which would lead to some rather interesting interactions depending on which side is more prevalent. The Tsukihime or the FSN...
    In Canon Tsukihime ended when F/SN began so they should be the same age. I guess the Tsukihime side would be more prevalent considering I do not think Arc really has any reason to be a part of the Holy Grail War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sylentnight View Post
    In Canon Tsukihime ended when F/SN began so they should be the same age. I guess the Tsukihime side would be more prevalent considering I do not think Arc really has any reason to be a part of the Holy Grail War.
    Although Shirou still has Avalon.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct View Post
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking more Big Sis Arc. Perhaps being with Arc also allows him RM usage sooner....

I woner what personality Shirou would have under influence of Arc?

Blog Entries
    Just because he has Avalon doesn't mean he needs to go to Fuyuki and risk his life in the War. Why would Arc even need a reason to go to Fuyuki?

Unless, there 's A Dead Apostle Ancestor there.
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.

Just because he has Avalon doesn't mean he needs to go to Fuyuki and risk his life in the War. Why would Arc even need a reason to go to Fuyuki?

Might assume Zouken's one if they get wind of him.

Blog Entries
    Possibly. Yeah I could see Arc checking that out.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    "But...is this Zouken Matou...or Makiri...really on the lis--"

"What list? Oh, that thing? I didn't read it. Boring."

Just thinking if Arc brought Shirou with her when she tracks Roa to Misaki and then Shiki tries to attack her in their apartment...

Blog Entries
    Just thinking if Arc brought Shirou with her when she tracks Roa to Misaki and then Shiki tries to attack her in their apartment...
    Shirou vs Shiki? I thought we already have gone over this countless times, they both die. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because he (Shirou) has Avalon, he is guaranteed to summon Saber (Arturia) in the Holy Grail War, should he enter. Will he enter? The Grail will only chose him as a Master if he has a wish. Alaya (or the World) made a contract with Arturia to let her fight for the Holy Grail, and since only Shirou can summon her, you can understand if Alaya nudges Shirou into developing a wish that the Grail will recognize as worthy of a Master. And with the Command Seals, he and Arcueid will go fight to Fuyuki.

I think.

Huh. Interesting.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That was pretty much my thought, too.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Because he (Shirou) has Avalon, he is guaranteed to summon Saber (Arturia) in the Holy Grail War, should he enter. Will he enter? The Grail will only chose him as a Master if he has a wish. Alaya (or the World) made a contract with Arturia to let her fight for the Holy Grail, and since only Shirou can summon her, you can understand if Alaya nudges Shirou into developing a wish that the Grail will recognize as worthy of a Master. And with the Command Seals, he and Arcueid will go fight to Fuyuki.

I think.
    Thats pretty much what I thought. That being said, would Alaya actually try and influence someone to be stronger if they have such close ties to a True Ancestor. Even if they aren't seen as directly in opposition to Alaya, there original purpose was to serve as a counterbalance to humanity.

Oh Shite... I just realised something: If Arc ever go to Misaki City, events from Tsukihim happens. Which mean we might get a bonafide Shirou VS Shiki fight on our hand.