23 27.38%
  • Keep the current one

4 4.76%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: The BL Banner Poll

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    This poll clearly shows BL is divided on the issue. I don't think it's possible to satisfy everyone with one change or the other.
    It shows a pretty clear consensus in one regard though: nobody wants the old banner.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

How did this argument come about? Where did the old banner even come from (I've always been confused about this)?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    This poll clearly shows BL is divided on the issue. I don't think it's possible to satisfy everyone with one change or the other.
    In other words "my chosen option is currently losing." :P

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nah, what it means is that a new BL-tan should be in one of the banners. With the current percentage of the votes, about 75% want either new banners with image & text, or a new one with BL-tan. Therefore, why not just do both?
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Nah, what this poll really means is that we should just have text. You see, all of the poll options all support a banner with text, and therefore the only way we can please 100% of the crowd is through making it a text only banner. That settles all disputes.

Blog Entries
    Clearly, the people are trying to communicate their desire for a banner composed entirely of ascii art, but have no idea how with such limited poll options.

How about a banner that is nothing but an advertisement for J-List? Then maybe we really can become 4 chan.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For instance, penises.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    For instance, penises.
    Or onaholes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It shows a pretty clear consensus in one regard though: nobody wants the old banner.
    Well of course, "rework the old one to make it better" isn't going to get discarded over just keeping the old one.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

The optimal poll setup would've been to have two alternatives ("keep BL-tan or use something else?"), then followed by a new poll to determine to either use new/old BL-tan, or to either use text-only or text-and-images depending on the result of the first poll.
    But then last time I suggested a change in poll-setup the result was a new poll with even more vote-splitting, so it's probably better if you don't act on what I just said.
    <Erlkonig> This whole RP is edemwank
    <Erlkonig> I just entertain you while fapping to Ado

Blog Entries
    We need a poll to vote on whether or not we should have a new poll that supplements the existing poll.

Banner Maker sama kun chan, the city needs you now!

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mereo Flere View Post
    I'm using a Sakura banner right now, whileSaber and Rin don't even have banners submitted yet.

At all.
    Yeah, but the contest hasn't started yet. Plus, the Sakura banner you're using is hardly one I'd particularly support (if it's the one I saw originally, anyway)....

To begin with, most of the ideas for rotating banners have had suggestions that probably wouldn't allow for 5 pictures of them, let alone 55; I doubt 55 banners would even be submitted. Also, one of those ideas came from DP himself, so you already know that the mods aren't considering letting such an extreme scenario to occur.
    Well, obviously 55 was an over-exaggeration, but the basic argument is valid, especially given that DP's voting system is heavily biased towards the most popular characters (even if Sakura herself may well fit into that group).

By worrying about something that isn't very likely to happen, you're doing something much worse than not voting for Sakura - you're not even giving her a chance.
    Not really, because I'm quite happy to not have Sakura displayed at the top of my screen one time in 10 (if that) if it means not having to have characters I may not want to be displayed there the rest of the time. Particularly given the tendancy for people on this forum to troll.

Plus, I dislike the idea of a rotating banner, and of having Nasuverse characters on it. I'd much rather just have one banner which represents the site, rather than 25 different banners of which I will probably dislike about 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Nah, what it means is that a new BL-tan should be in one of the banners. With the current percentage of the votes, about 75% want either new banners with image & text, or a new one with BL-tan. Therefore, why not just do both?
    Because my vote was not "I want to keep BL-tan" as much as it was "I don't want rotating banners with Nasuverse characters", and that is quite possibly true for many of the other people who voted for that option.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (Translation: Trolling = Having different tastes/opinons.)

Keep being classy :/.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    You know, your opinion doesn't really matter. You're one person and you run counter to everyone else. It's basic democracy. The fact the mods listen to you is basically a courtesy of their part.

Hell, I'd say the fact the ones in charge listen to you so much is unfair in itself, given you're only one person that happens to shout very loudly and yet you still end up getting your way.
    Last edited by Kyte; April 23rd, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    inb4rights
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    inb4rights
    We all knew it would degenerate into such a shitstorm sooner or later.

I still intend to call it as I see it, though -_-

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    You know, your opinion doesn't really matter. You're one person and you run counter to everyone else. It's basic democracy. The fact the mods listen to you is basically a courtesy of their part.
    Since when is the forum a "democracy", though? The forum exists for the benefit of all the members, not just the majority.

Hell, I'd say the fact the ones in charge listen to you so much is unfair in itself, given you're only one person that happens to shout very loudly and yet you still end up getting your way.
    No, they listen to me (in so far as they do at all) because what I'm saying actually makes sense. Just because a troll is popular that doesn't make them any less of a troll.

But Mike, what if you can't please all the members?