• Old BL-tan, but different picture

23 27.38%
  • Keep the current one

4 4.76%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast

Thread: The BL Banner Poll

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...While Kyte will likely end up banned for this, (and probably myself now) and is right on several levels, it only serves to prove that the board has quickly devolved from the small peace that was implemented about two months ago with the implementation of the new warning/ban system back to the pile of crap it had (has) become.

Mods, admins, its clear at this point that more clamping down will have to happen. This constant, never-ending cycle of certain members arguing/trolling/insulting other certain members back and forth has got to stop one way or another, and the current handling of offenses clearly isn't working.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Kratos, that is a terrible idea. If clamping down only worked temporarily, the same thing's gonna have the same result, only worse since you're asking for a stricter handling.

At this rate we'll all become Kebab removers ;_;
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    And why, exactly, is it going to be full of Saber and Rin pics?

If anything, it should be Ryougi and Casko.
    Well, possibly them too. Who exactly would be dominating isn't important, just the fact that the system means that the popular characters will dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    ...While Kyte will likely end up banned for this, (and probably myself now) and is right on several levels, it only serves to prove that the board has quickly devolved from the small peace that was implemented about two months ago with the implementation of the new warning/ban system back to the pile of crap it had (has) become.
    Kyte maybe, but I don't see why you will be....

Mods, admins, its clear at this point that more clamping down will have to happen. This constant, never-ending cycle of certain members arguing/trolling/insulting other certain members back and forth has got to stop one way or another, and the current handling of offenses clearly isn't working.
    Well, "arguing" is kind-of the point of a forum, and I don't recall doing any trolling or very much "insulting", so....

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mike. You disagreed with us.

If we go by your definition, that means that you trolled.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Mike. You disagreed with us.

If we got by your definition, that means that you trolled.
    No, disagreeing with people is not trolling. Deliberately saying things with the intent of winding people up is trolling....

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Wat
    Well, part of the point, anyway. We wouldn't have much of a forum without people discussing things....

Blog Entries
    Well, "arguing" is kind-of the point of a forum, and I don't recall doing any trolling or very much "insulting", so....
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    No it fucking well is not fucking "stupid". You are the one who is fucking stupid for pushing one side despite it not winning a clear majority, and for making a fucking biased poll in the first place.
    ?

EDIT: Ok 'fucking' is a commonly used curse word in threads such as powerlevels and such but are you saying this isn't an "insult" by definition?
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    You told me you regularly call Altima a moron. You've called almost everyone else in the forum a moron at least once. You call anyone who disagrees with you a troll, and basically dismiss their opinions as stupid and unworthy of attention.

Also what Erl said.

Blog Entries
    I don't hate you Mike. You weren't that bad back then, eh, perhaps a bit too long and insistent in the way you expressed your personal opinions, but at least you were polite. To be honest, I just happen to find you annoying as of late. So, from the depth of my heart, not cool, bro. Not cool. You interrupt discussions between other users, cause high derails, will berate others' opinions. That's not the kind of person I want in Beast's Lair.

In my opinion, there is something strange going on with Mike1984, since he has been nothing but a bother to large parts of the beast's lair community as of late, and yet no action has been made against him. True, he has been banned once, and calmed down, but he is back again with the exact same attitude and yet no actions are taken. Also, it makes me wonder why the hell cannot I express my personal opinion towards people's works in my own wording, or why a mere parody of someone else's title has to be taken as a personal offence all the way down. Seriously people, this is just not cool.

Goddamn it all. This isn't a real forum. A forum is an open place, where everyone freely discusses everything orderly and in peace. Here there is no such thing. Up to now we've been okay simply because everyone stayed in their own niches, 2 or 3 subforums at best, barely making contact with the other people. It feels like each subforum could just work as a forum independent from the rest. In nasuverse terms, rather than being an united kingdom we're something akin to a dispersed group of tribes that just happen to live in the same tract of land.

These posts aren't to blame. Oh no, these posts are just the drop that fills the glass. The problem lies somewhere else, deep within the foundations of this very community, and it's that we aren't really such a thing, so we have two choices: accepting reality as it is, giving up any kind of joint projects and going back to our own businesses or seriously discussing the hell is going on and mending the problem.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, point out what I've done that is remotely actionable....

Also, I don't see anything that says that forums have to be "orderly", or even peaceful (even though the second would be nice, to some extent at least). I'd rather a forum where people are free to say what they believe (within reason) than one which is so tightly-controlled that everyone is scared to give their opinion.

This particular argument is different, though, because the result of this actually does directly affect me (as well as everyone else). So, I see no reason why I should just keep quiet about it and let people like Kyte force through their preferred outcome despite it not even being clearly supported by the majority (even ignoring the argument about majority rule that I keep making).

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Erl, you have to agree that the new rules is still too light, and the problem that existed beforehand where the admins were too light on handing out punishments still persists. I know that Altima is the only one who really handles issues around this time of the day, but he he himself disregards that he helped implement when he tries to defuse situations rather then handle them when they get out of control like an admin should. When those with authority set standards to respond to situations in the hopes to curb them, and the status of the board returns to that state in just 2 months, it's obvious that the problem isn't going away, and something else has to be done.

Edit: Opti, I'd love to discuss how to fix the forum seriously. I've asked myself the question several times already about how to make the forum better, and there's basically only three paths that I can see. Either ban the "problem members" for a week (Mike, Neir, Lantz, Kyte, etc.) for a week and see how the forum goes in their absense; Have the same "problem members" have as long of a discussion with ALL of the Admins/Mods until each one of them understands that their current behavior can't continue; Or lastly, have harsher restrictions on the board because these problems can't be solved. At our current rate, we're on a run-away fast track towards the last of those paths.
    Last edited by Kratosirving; April 25th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Well, part of the point, anyway. We wouldn't have much of a forum without people discussing things....
    Discussing = arguing?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Well, point out what I've done that is remotely actionable....
    ahahahahahahahaha.
    This is bait.

Also, I don't see anything that says that forums have to be "orderly", or even peaceful (even though the second would be nice, to some extent at least). I'd rather a forum where people are free to say what they believe (within reason) than one which is so tightly-controlled that everyone is scared to give their opinion.
    You are the fucking terrorist. Everyone is afraid of saying their opinion with anything that is even remotely related to anything you care about because if they do, you will once again post yet another rant and cause yet another derail.

Blog Entries
    Erl, you have to agree that the new rules is still too light, and the problem that existed beforehand where the admins were too light on handing out punishments still persists. I know that Altima is the only one who really handles issues around this time of the day, but he he himself disregards that he helped implement when he tries to defuse situations rather then handle them when they get out of control like an admin should. When those with authority set standards to respond to situations in the hopes to curb them, and the status of the board returns to that state in just 2 months, it's obvious that the problem isn't going away, and something else has to be done.
    Yeah, but it's hard to control yourself from trolling/saying something inappropiate sometimes, either you're filled with too much lulz or were drawn in by others. I have lots of friends in BL as well as RPs I post in, and I wouldn't want to get banned from posting in them due to silly mistakes I did.

This particular argument is different, though, because the result of this actually does directly affect me (as well as everyone else). So, I see no reason why I should just keep quiet about it and let people like Kyte force through their preferred outcome despite it not even being clearly supported by the majority (even ignoring the argument about majority rule that I keep making).
    Doesn't your majority rule include minorities as well? How does that work?
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, what?

Why shouldn't admins try to defuse situations rather than just impose punishments on people when they get angry? The job of the admins is not to throw around bans like candy, it's to ensure that the forum works effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    Yeah, but it's hard to control yourself from trolling/saying something inappropiate sometimes, either you're filled with too much lulz or were drawn in by others. I have lots of friends in BL as well as RPs I post in, and I wouldn't want to get banned from posting in them due to silly mistakes I did.
    Exactly.

People make mistakes. Whether that be getting overly snarky or getting pissed off and posting an angry comment, it happens some times. It's silly to jump on every little mistake with full force, or even to outright encourage such mistakes by not intervening when you see them approaching.

Doesn't your majority rule include minorities as well? How does that work?
    I meant my argument against just doing what the majority wants without consideration for everyone else....

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The rules not being thight enough is not the problem.

The problem is them applying equally to everyone.

And you know what the sad thing is? Despite Kyte's posts being so "assholish" or whatever, he is still right.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Mike. Order in forums is created out of sheer niceness. It is because of people who act like you as of late that order cannot be achieved the normal way, and because of wusses who cannot stand a freaking joke or cannot return it the same way that we, normal users who just seek to have meaningful conversations find ourselves trapped in derails as silly as these.

Rules don't do anything as long as the persons are not nice. Rules act after the delictive act has been commited. Rather than rules, what we need is a new set of morality, so our damn consciousness will tell us when to stop being damn idiots and just go back to our own business.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    You are the one trying to push his own opinion under the badly-disguised veil of "fair for everyone". I just did my vote and now I'm ranting against you because you are a goddamn obstacle to the everything that is democratic and fair.

You motherfucking hypocrite.

Blog Entries
    This is now looking really similar to the American politics from my cartoons.

"YOU ARE THE ENEMY OF FREEDOM AND JUSTICE, RICHARD!"
    "I AM THE LAST AMERICAN HERO YOU EVILDOER"

Oh man MWC I love you
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    You are the one trying to push his own opinion under the badly-disguised veil of "fair for everyone". I just did my vote and now I'm ranting against you because you are a goddamn obstacle to the everything that is democratic and fair.
    But your option did not win. 60% of people voted not to have a rotating text-and-image banner. Just because I3uster happened to add three BL-tan options which split the vote enough for it to get a plurality, that doesn't mean that you can claim victory (particularly since the admins did not sanction the poll and did not give any statement of what would be classed as a "victory"). If you run 24 miles of a marathon you can't claim victory just because no-one else managed to complete the race either.