Thread: F/SN Programming Questions

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar

F/SN Programming Questions

I recently obtained a copy of F/SN (both PC and Realta Nua), and downloaded the MirrorMoon English patch. It worked out pretty well, but didn't come with the Last Episode, so I downloaded the Realta Nua 4.2. I also saw the update for it, and grabbed that, too.

The readme for the update is a bit brief, and since I've not that good at the programming, I just wanted to doublecheck: do I move the file "voice.xp3" into the F/SN general folder as-is, or should I rename it to "patch(latest #)" like I did with the "4_2.xp3" patch?

I've got several more questions, as well.

First, is there anyway to flip between, or trigger a change in, the various start menu backgrounds? I had the basic blue, and then the HF background, and now with the patch I've got the Last Episode background, but I was wondering if I could get some variety...without uninstalling and replaying to a certain point. I also heard that there were other Title Screen variations, and was hoping for some confirmation/details.

Secondly, I'm looking at picking up a copy of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia sometime soon. I'm completely unable to comprehend Japanese text, so I was wondering what options there are as to english translation? Where would I pick them up, is the installation as simple as the MirrorMoon F/SN patch was, if not is there a detailed walk-through for installing whatever patch there is, etc.

Third, I was wondering if anyone could point me at a copy of Tsukihime for PC? I haven't seen any on Amazon, which is where I got my copy of F/SN PC and Realta Nua, and I'm a bit reluctant to just grab the first match on E-Bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Earn Shirou's love, Berserker!" Ilya said.

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARGH!" Berserker said, interpreting this order the way he interpreted most orders: kill.
    "Berserker!" Ilya screamed. "Come find love!"

Berserker exploded into the room with a roar that shook the foundations of the very castle.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Rin said.

Sweeping down on her faster than the eye could see, Berserker plucked Rin up in his arms and ran off, ignoring her shrieks of protest.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I can tell you right now that there only exists a partial patch for Hollow as of present time, since the work is still an on-going project.

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...ollow_Ataraxia
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Okay, that's kind of disapointing, but not unexpected.

One of the threads in this section seemed to indicate that however much there is left untranslated, the patch is already in use. Does it install the same way the MirrorMoon patch did?

By which I mean: download the patch, put the game disk(s?) in the drive, and run the patch, then play when it's done installing the Japanese program in my English Windows 7 OS.

Or is it less plug-and-play, in which case are there detailed instructions?

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARGH!" Berserker said, interpreting this order the way he interpreted most orders: kill.

Berserker exploded into the room with a roar that shook the foundations of the very castle.

Sweeping down on her faster than the eye could see, Berserker plucked Rin up in his arms and ran off, ignoring her shrieks of protest.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    You have to manually insert the patch in yourself since it's complete and has no installer for it yet.

Open the folder where Hollow Ataraxia is installed, and drag and drop the patch right into there. Depending on your OS you might have to remove the patch.xp3 from the folder and transplant the new patch into the previous folder to replace the file. Basically, replace the patch.xp3 the game comes with with the new patch.xp3 that has the translated content. Do this with any new patches until the game gets 100%'d, then use the installation program (if an installation program gets released, that is) to overwrite the files and get yourself a translated Hollow Ataraxia.

All you have to do is wait.

And the original Tsuki is pretty rare, so you'd have to do some major digging on your own. The only other way to get it is to shell out major bucks on Japanese auction sites. Or just make it easier on yourself and resort to downloading it since it's pretty much out of print in hard copies.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

...Is there a non-piracy, non-getting-this-thread-shut-down way of downloading Tsukihime? 'Cause if not, I'll roll up my sleeves in prep for diving through auction sites.

As for the F/HA part of your response, I'll look back to this thread when I actually get the disc.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have fun at the auction sites. :P

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    ...Is there a non-piracy, non-getting-this-thread-shut-down way of downloading Tsukihime? 'Cause if not, I'll roll up my sleeves in prep for diving through auction sites.
    No, but it's not like admitting to pirating stuff is going to get you in trouble here (although asking how to do so isn't allowed). Half of the forum have, after all, especially in the case of Tsukihime. Plus, I don't see how buying it second-hand is any better for TM than torrenting it is anyway. They don't get paid either way.

Well, while these responses have pretty well answered my questions about Tsukihime and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, I'd like to bring attention back to my first two, and more immediate, questions about Fate/Stay Night:

I recently obtained a copy of F/SN (both PC and Realta Nua), and downloaded the MirrorMoon English patch. It worked out pretty well, but didn't come with the Last Episode, so I downloaded the Realta Nua 4.2. I also saw the update for it, and grabbed that, too.

The readme for the update is a bit brief, and since I've not that good at the programming, I just wanted to doublecheck: do I move the file "voice.xp3" into the F/SN general folder as-is, or should I rename it to "patch(latest #)" like I did with the "4_2.xp3" patch?

Also, is there anyway to flip between, or trigger a change in, the various start menu backgrounds? I had the basic blue, and then the HF background, and now with the patch I've got the Last Episode background, but I was wondering if I could get some variety...without uninstalling and replaying to a certain point. I also heard that there were other Title Screen variations, and was hoping for some confirmation/details.
    Still wondering, there.

But thanks again for the other advice, everyone.

Blog Entries
    I think voice.xp3 becomes patch6.xp3. But I'm also pretty sure you have to reinstall for the realta nua stuff to work.

As for the backgrounds, they aren't changeable as far as I know.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Hm..Well, Finals are almost here, I can let the computer putter through reinstalling everything for ~3 hours again while I study.

I'll leave the thread open in case there's another opinion/advice/option, or confirmation, but thanks for the answer, Lianru.