Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 712151617

Thread: Kuzuki Akito and the Alchemist's Stone

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    given the FA social tendency he appears to have regarding women and sakura's natural waifu behavior they would work well together. HOWEVER Sakura only wants to be shirou's waifu so the idea of sakuraXFalse assassin dies right there.
    Erm, what?

The last thing Sakura needs is someone who will encourage her to act like her mother and be submissive to him. The reason she is like that is because Zouken has abused her into it, and when she is free of him she begins to act more like Rin (although gentler and softer).

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    So why, when Lily Potter is on the verge of death and desperately trying to protect her son, would she also think "Oh, btw, I'm going to be a bit paranoid about this and send my boy to a total stranger"?
    I'd be fine with that if this was a total crackfic where Lily was part of the Marauders or whatever. If we're in character however, I think Lily would be goddamn pissed as hell that the people she sent her son to were all like "Oh yes we should totally change his name and erase the last remaining connection he has to his parents.

Even the Dursleys didn't do that, and that's saying something.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Whoa, this thread sure is lively...

Now man, there are troubles in the work, LOTS of them, it seems that you have not thought things through yet.

First, the pairings, for some of them to work (most of them), the characters have to act very OCC, I mean Gil and Taiga? Gil and anyone? How exactly does that work? Gil is a douchebag, an awesome douche, but a douche still, what he wants he gets, if he wants a woman he don't bother with silly things like if she wants as well.

Second, why change Harry's name? I mean there was justification on the recent chapter, but seemed a justification for the sake of having a justification than anything.

Third, the OC's, why do you want to have Madoka's characters on this? I mean, it is an awesome anime and all, but the characters are being raised completely diferent from the source anime, thus the results should be very different as well, if you want to use OC's that is fine, look at Kieran's work, the guy loves his OC's and he is awesome, because of it, the characters are being raised by heroes of legend and Kojiro, theirs personality are bound to be interesting.

Fourth, and agreeing with Beam, why would Lily give Harry to strangers? Especially when one of them is a person who is infamous for being a back-stabbing person, heck she is known as "the witch of betrayal".
    Last edited by Guy; April 29th, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In before "To protect him from Dumbledore's manipulations."

I know you're saying you don't want 'fanon Dumbledore' but fanon is just canon turned up to a thousand. Dumbledore is a manipulative old coot, I mean look at the positions he holds.

In our world he would be:

• The head of the Supreme Court of every country in the world
    • The head of the UN
    • The head of one of the premiere schools of the world

Yeah, it takes a damn manipulative mind to juggle that, and do it as well as Dumbledore did.

EDIT: Also, using terms like "Grey" to describe a person's entire worldview and ideology doesn't work unless you're in Star Wars, and even then only barely, as the Sith are really just Jedi who "Do what their heart's desire." Revan made one choice. Then he made another, different choice. He was a true Sith, because he did exactly what he wanted to do. Grey/Dark/Light are blanket terms that should not be used to describe aspects of a character, as they detract from that character immensely, because nobody wants to read about "Grey!Harry", they want to read about "Harry", who his own faults and wants and dreams, that are completely different from the other characters, and not all similar due to the blanket term of "Grey".

Besides that, Lucius wouldn't cut down on the Pureblood Propaganda just because he met someone halfway competent. He works at the Ministry, he's met several competent muggleborns before, and he's a Death Eater, and they have had to run into some competent muggles at one point or another. He supports that propaganda because he truly, without a doubt, believes it to be true, and a single witch (even a living legend), would not refute his beliefs, nor would her husband, because he's seen plenty of competent witches/wizards marry "Below their station". (Andromeda Tonks, ect.)
    Last edited by Frantic Author; April 29th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The last thing Sakura needs is someone who will encourage her to act like her mother and be submissive to him.
    kinda my point
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    kinda my point
    But you said they'd "work well together"....

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But you said they'd "work well together"....
    in a surface sense IF sakura didn't have shirou.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    in a surface sense IF sakura didn't have shirou.
    But they still wouldn't, because he would be extremely bad for her, due to his misogynistic attitude....

Blog Entries
    Also, in true BL fashion, POWERLEVELS.

How would the strogest wizards of today stand a chance against a freaking Heroic Spirit?

Speacially against some of the strongest heroes EVER.

King Arthur, Cu Chullain, motherfucker Herackles, Medusa. Do not forget that when close to their influence sphere they get even stronger.

Cu becomes a monster near Ireland, he gets SEVERAL bonuses.

Here is the list:

A castle, a chariot, better stats and a Bonus against sleep (you never know, it might be useful)

And England is right there, close to Ireland.

Oh yeah, don't forget the greatest monster of them all. FREAKING GILGAMESH, who is as strong as FOUR SERVANTS, the only beings on Earth that can stop him are the top tier DAA and Arc.

Voldemort is a pussy compared to all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Blog Entries
    I'd rather have had Harry stay as Haruru Potter/Kuzuki.

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I cannot do this. My eyes are burning, and this will be my last post in this thread + my last visit in order to prevent myself from filling up the thread with flames.

Everyone's mostly brought up the huge GLARING flaws with this fic. Lily Potter does not send her son to some stranger family and Typemoon characters do not just suddenly go, "Oh hey let's fuck and have kids." There is no way in hell Shinji would live if he got Rider pregnant. Gil? If it's not Enkidu, he does not pair. Ever. Except in the Crack Pairing thread.

And no manipulative Dumbledore? He cannot be not manipulative. In my cross, yes, Dumbledore did lay some facts in front of Tokiomi in order to persuade him to take him in, but he did have a prior connection to the family, and he's still holding stuff back. In addition, he will definitely continue to manipulate Harry, which cannot just "happen" offscreen like some fucking coincidence.

I'm not touching those pairings with a ten mile dildo. Just NO.

There is no Grey!Draco. Draco does not just have some "epiphany" and decide to think his actions through. He's a self-obsessed, arrogant little faggot all throughout the first five/six books, and only something really fucking drastic will change that.

Point is, there is just way too much fucking handwaving and "oh, this is how it'll be" shit going on. Magical sex all throughout the Typemoon cast? Dumbledore being reduced to a kindly old man who does complete shit? Light Dark Grey? Harry becoming "Akito"? This is like some kind of fucking Mary Sue, and I will not do this anymore.

Good luck on making this an actual worthwhile read.

Current Fanfics:

After re-reading my own posts...

I'm forcet to admit I was waaaaay to much outside my normal fields of competence.

It was a good idea, but ruined by a single fact: my knowledge of the potterverse is limited, flawed and distorted. BY coming out of FF-only readings on the matter.

Screw this, I'm letting this thing go and work more on the crossover Fate Stay Night/Soul Calibur, I'm more prepared on that work.

Consider this half assed work closed people, even if I left the basical concept (Harry is raised by Caster/Medea and Soichirou Kuzuki) open to adoption by any other one who want to take the idea.

Note to self: THIS is what happen when you try do to a crossover fic in which you know one of the parts only by fanfictions (in this case, Harry Potter) and try to use crack parings without having a good idea of HOW to make them happen.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!