Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft/Warcraft General

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, my sides. I love how people are trying to defend the Whirlwind and Slam nerfs when it's Blizzard's own damn fault that Arms only has 3 non-execute damage abilities worth using without having to resort to damage-meh talents. Also, the blatant "Oh, our internal simulations are so much better than what's available to public" snobbery is enjoyable too. Always so amusing to watch yet another nerf/buff patch after something major that wouldn't have been necessary had they just looked at the public sims than their own.
    Last edited by Trubo; October 30th, 2014 at 03:31 AM.

マリーの味方
    With the $5 WoW promotion going on and RaF, decided I would begin the multiboxing adventure of a hero of justice, his dog, and his hound...

Anyway, WoD seems to be pretty okay so far. Loving MM Lonewolf, it's crazy fun and in a really good state at the moment. Garrisons are decent, though I hate the profession changes a lot. Also still hoping they'll add racial buildings.

Gladiator Stance is feeling awesome, even after the nerf. I must confess, perhaps Tate no Yuusha was one of the things that ended up making me wanting to use a shield to dps (And Fire Emblem Hero class) (And young me's dreams while playing MapleStory hoping that one day I'd earn enough Meso to get an ATK shield)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm hating Garrisons with a passion. I'd probably have five 100s if they didn't exist. Crafting changes have been neat so far, but if something new doesn't happen then they're going the way of the dodo a month after Mythic.

マリーの味方
    >hates garrisons
    >likes crafting changes

How. Literally the worst part about Garrisons is the profession integration. If they removed them Garrisons would be so much better. And much easier to manage on alts, for that matter.

The Mine just spawns too much ore, stuck at over 1k Blackrock with nowhere to dump since I don't want to AH it for less than 75silver a piece.

マリーの味方
    First time using RaF, and holy shit is it ever fast. 4 hours /played and already 43. And that's counting the half hour or so I ran around Stormwind trying to find signatures for my token 'Throne of Heroes' guild.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaItalianFish View Post
    >hates garrisons
    >likes crafting changes

How. Literally the worst part about Garrisons is the profession integration. If they removed them Garrisons would be so much better. And much easier to manage on alts, for that matter.
    I hate the Garrison because of follower missions, not because of profession work orders. The four hour sequential queue order makes it so that I would only need to check once a day and be done with it, whereas the missions with varying timers + followers with epic mounts + the fact that missions will disappear if they aren't attempted makes the Garrison far more tedious than need be.

As for the professions themselves, the freedom to craft whatever slot you want is quite refreshing, as opposed to generally being stuck with 2-3 slots for an entire tier. However, this new system can suck if Blizzard doesn't either:

1. Increase the item level of crafted gear with the next tier (the Grom raid, not Blackrock Foundry).
    2. Increase the max number of crafted pieces you can have equipped.

For now though, I'm happy that I can wait until after my first normal+heroic run to see what slots really need to be upgraded, then craft those upgrades. If I'm really crazy, I could wait until the second normal+heroic assuming that I could complete them before my guild starts Mythic the following week.

- - - Updated - - -

First time using RaF, and holy shit is it ever fast. 4 hours /played and already 43. And that's counting the half hour or so I ran around Stormwind trying to find signatures for my token 'Throne of Heroes' guild.
    If you're on US - Mannoroth I can hook you up with a starter 50k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    The Mine just spawns too much ore, stuck at over 1k Blackrock with nowhere to dump since I don't want to AH it for less than 75silver a piece.
    It's not so much that the Mine spawns too much ore, there's just no demand for normal crafting mats once you're 600+. Only real exceptions are Fish, Herbs, and Meat.

Blog Entries
    I went and bought the game. Where's everyone on, server and faction wise?

Saurfang-EU-Horde.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deviatesfish View Post
    I went and bought the game. Where's everyone on, server and faction wise?
    US - Mannoroth - Alliance

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Mmf. I've heard good things about WoD and it's kind of tempting me to get back into WoW. What's the consensus here?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

マリーの味方
    It's pretty good. I've seen some hailing it as the best or 2nd best expansion ever or whatever, and I don't really think that's the case, but it's still good. Definitely better than Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're on US - Mannoroth I can hook you up with a starter 50k.
    They're on US-Scilla, which is connected to Zuluhed (my main server) and Andorhal + Ursin. Thanks for the offer though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephirin View Post
    Mmf. I've heard good things about WoD and it's kind of tempting me to get back into WoW. What's the consensus here?
    If you don't care about doing the Garrison, I guess it's not that bad. So far I'd have to say that MoP's and Cata's first months were better.

But sheesh, this Garrison is burning me out worse than the 300+ wipes we had on Heroic Garrosh (pre-6.0) before we finally got him on farm.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just got my Poundfist mount. The others should be pretty smooth sailing.

I try to understand why Blizz made the loot tables like that, but after two 630 necklaces failing to have Bonus Armor, and thus being a downgrade from my 615 crit/bonus armor neck as Gladiator, one gets a little frustrated. They should make it so that Bonus Armor items have a higher droprate compared to the non-bonus armor ones for tanking loot specializations.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Look at the bright side: at least you're only looking for 3 pieces with Bonus Armor (neck, 1x ring, cloak), as trinket-wise Strength > Bonus Armor and they have the same weights on a trinket. The one exception would be a Strength+Bonus Armor trinket.

I'm still using my heirloom weapon and it's been over a week since I hit 100.

Edit: Fuck the Iron Horde Garrison Invasion. There simply isn't enough stuff that spawns to hit 1000 points.
    Last edited by Trubo; November 29th, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

マリーの味方
    A couple minutes ago I was on a FP to Gorgrond while in a LFG queue to join a poundfist farm. Invite was taking forever, and I eventually made it to Gorgrond.

Suddenly, someone on my server called in general that poundfist was up. People thought it was a joke, but he was actually up.

And that's the story of how I got Poundfist without spending a single minute in a farm group. I feel bad for the people who spent hours and hours waiting for him.

Grats on that. I had an invasion, got a couple guildies to help me out, we got gold by a good shot thanks to no buildings being destroyed. They both got 645s, I got some gold for my trouble.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A couple minutes ago I was on a FP to Gorgrond while in a LFG queue to join a poundfist farm. Invite was taking forever, and I eventually made it to Gorgrond.

Suddenly, someone on my server called in general that poundfist was up. People thought it was a joke, but he was actually up.

And that's the story of how I got Poundfist without spending a single minute in a farm group. I feel bad for the people who spent hours and hours waiting for him.
    Nice. I'm just glad I didn't have to take too long getting mine either. Camping TLPD was far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    Grats on that. I had an invasion, got a couple guildies to help me out, we got gold by a good shot thanks to no buildings being destroyed. They both got 645s, I got some gold for my trouble.
    Which invasion? I've noticed that Botani and Shadowmoon Clan invasions are easy while Shadow Council and Iron Horde suck to get Gold Defender rank.