Page 1 of 17 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchens and Classrooms

Ginger Magus

Kitchens and Classrooms

Okay, so this technically isn't a fanfic. It's a webcomicish project, ripped off from inspired by Darths & Droids and DM of the Rings.

In this world, Nasu does not exist. Of course, neither do any of his works. Kitchens and Classrooms will be about a group of gamers who will essentially create Fate/stay night through their campaign. Even though I will be going through the events of a certain route, the order of events, characterization, dialogue and overall motives of everyone can be very different from the original. I thought about using screencaps from the anime, but decided against it. Sprites give me greater control over things. With that being said, here's the first page.

Index
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7
    Last edited by Certis Baliano; March 26th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This appears to be amusing. I will add it to my entertainment queue.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I... huh. First time seeing something like this. (Don't judge me.)

Subscribing and interested to see how this turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ....I haven't kept up with Darth and Droids for a while, but this format is most interesting. FSN as run by a group of gamers? I can't believe I never thought of this myself. It's perfect. FSN already has mechanics like a video game. so why not?

This has the potential to be absolutely awesome. You've definitely got me following along, at least for the beginning.

Can't wait to see how you spin Shinji and Sakura. Let the comedy commence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    ^
    Likewise. HoR put it eloquently enough for me.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Subscription get.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    ....Actually, I have a question. Are you going to be using Expies of Darth and Droids? Because while I admit that I can definitely see how they fit (Ilya seems like an easy shoo-in for Sally), I can also see how that could get old after a while.

I mean, I already stopped following D&D because I got distracted and didn't feel engaged enough to pick it up again. While I can see the novelty of the Expies in FSN being entertaining, if they're just copying D&D I don't see my interest lasting very long. For what my opinion's worth, I encourage you to shake up the dynamics a bit, make something novel, but above all else, make it funny.

Hope I'm not being pushy with this. I am interested in what you're going to do, I'd just like to see some novelty in the process.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Ginger Magus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    ....Actually, I have a question. Are you going to be using Expies of Darth and Droids? Because while I admit that I can definitely see how they fit (Ilya seems like an easy shoo-in for Sally), I can also see how that could get old after a while.

I mean, I already stopped following D&D because I got distracted and didn't feel engaged enough to pick it up again. While I can see the novelty of the Expies in FSN being entertaining, if they're just copying D&D I don't see my interest lasting very long. For what my opinion's worth, I encourage you to shake up the dynamics a bit, make something novel, but above all else, make it funny.

Hope I'm not being pushy with this. I am interested in what you're going to do, I'd just like to see some novelty in the process.
    While the characters in here might occasionally share a few resemblances with the cast of D&D, I assure you that they won't be expies.

Hopefully that'll become more clear in the future updates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Certis Baliano View Post
    While the characters in here might occasionally share a few resemblances with the cast of D&D, I assure you that they won't be expies.

Hopefully that'll become more clear in the future updates.
    Fantastic, I'm glad to hear it.

Here's hoping the players and their characters play against their canon personas.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Wait.... what. Komrade Kwestions's Avatar
    This has the potential to really go places. It will be cool to see what direction the plot goes, because as you said, you have a lot of freedom with sprites. The planned premise wrecked as the players cheerfully decide to become cultists? Kuuuuruu!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois McMaster Bujold
    The rule for the plot of character driven stories is to ask: So what's the worst possible thing I can do to *this* guy?' And then do it.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Rin/Rin's player already seems lulzy.

PROCEED MY GOOD MAN.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you enjoyed Darths and Droids you may also enjoy:

DM of The Rings is hilarious and has gems like this, which is my favorite comic and is in my bookmarks forever.

Watching with the force of a thousand waterfalls.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Ooh, this one looks like it's going to be fun.

Please, *gesture* continue.

Blog Entries
    I can see Archer's player already.

He's gotta be the munchkin character, I mean look at the bullshit Archer pulls.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    I'm expecting Kotomine to be a GM character.....but I really wish he could be a PC.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's gotta be the munchkin character, I mean look at the bullshit Archer pulls.
    gil is clearly

archer is the player who gets absurdly high rolls in combat but crap rolls everywhere else.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Gil is probably the guy who does not know how to play.

"Quick use Ea!"

"I have an Ea?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

I look forward to Lancer failing every saving throw he attempts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Gil is probably the guy who does not know how to play.

"Quick use Ea!"

"I have an Ea?".
    I suspect Gil is the guy who went because he has a crush on Saber and no other reason.

"S-s-so uh, Arturia, how about..."

"No."

"But-"

"No."

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    gil is clearly
    Nah, Gil doesn't show up often enough. He could be a PC...maybe....if the author is making essentially an entirely new route....but he seems like the Final Boss, or in line to suffer the Worf Effect. Like in canon.

....I hope Ilya is an evil loli who cozies up to the heroes when her minion is already dead in an attempt to take over the world. And is The Big Bad.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.