Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Venari Strigas

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Fate/Venari Strigas

*Fate/Venari Strigas*

Welcome to Fuyuki City, home to the esoteric ritual called Heaven's Feel, where magi battle to the death with the spirits of legendary heroes at their side in the quest to gain the Holy Grail. It is a city sprung up around a cluster of leylines - the second greatest magical land in all of Japan - and one of the two where True Magic might be activated. It is a place where the boundaries between worlds were necessarily weakened due to the nature of the ritual, meaning that if one was...subtle enough, had enough thaumaturgical power and acumen, or just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, one could slip through them with...not ease, but certainly less difficulty than in the other dark places of the earth.

So, in February 1993, when the Russian Federal Space Agency deployed a 25m wide space mirror to use for signalling purposes, and accidentally (or was it accidentally) triggered the photonic crystals of the Moon Cell, sending a ripple across the fabric of reality, several souls fell through the cracks, pulled in the wake of spirits drawn from the Throne of Heroes to the land of the Grail.

But while Heroic Spirits were given containers by the Greater Grail, these lesser spirits were not, and thus were simply bound to the fleshly vessels of those who had summoned them by way of the Command Seals, without the freedoms of a wandering shade.

For now, their eventual fate is unknown, and for all they know, they share their body's fate - so what will they choose to do in this strange new world?

Save those they do not know? Advise the "other" on how to attain victory? Something else entirely?

Take heed, mortals, War is about to begin, and every action has its consequence...

Premise:

You (a member of Beast's Lair) awaken to find yourself in a different body - that of one of the assigned masters of the Holy Grail War (or closely associated character), at the very moment of their summoning. You are not entirely yourself, nor are you entirely the character whose body you wear, as something of a merger of minds has happened, though they are the primary stakeholder, as it is their body, after all.

You possess whatever canonical knowledge and abilities the character did, PLUS anything your RL self might bring to the table - so use what tools you can. Make connections, exploit your knowledge, dispatch your enemies, or propose truces - but be warned, should you go too far out of character, those around you may notice and the resident personality may intervene.

So open your magic circuit, and choose your partner. Put shape to mind, images to fantasy - know power, and become glorious.

Available characters:

Magi:

GM Controlled:
    Kirei Kotomine

Claimed:
    Tokiomi Tohsaka - Claimed by Mellon
    Kiritsugu Emiya - Claimed by Yun
    Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi - Claimed by I3uster
    Waver Velvet - Claimed by Five_X
    Kariya Matou - Bloble
    Ryuunosuke Uryuu - Claimed by Milbunk

On being out of character:
    You have the ability to affect the canon character by being a voice in his/her, so you can cause them to alter their actions through the information provided, since Fate/Zero is largely a tragedy of miscommunication and such. However, keep it reasonable, and be aware that character's soul remains the primary influencer of the two (and that they may expel you if you push them too far, too fast).

Further notes:
    This is one of two planned Fate/Heaven's Gate Reboots, taking place in Fate/Zero, with a second to come, carrying over some of the last thread's progress in the Fifth War. For now, good luck, and may the best spirit ...win? For a given definition of winning, at least (and I promise there will be no TATARI, for what its worth).
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; May 4th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tokiomi for me, please. :3

Blog Entries
    Well this should be fun and a tragedy in the end Kiritsugu Emiya for me please.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *read's the name as "Fate/Vegas Strippers*

*sees it has nothing to do with Vegas or Strippers*

*loses interest*

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Weiba-chan for me!!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kayneth.

I know he will eject me once I pimpslap Sola, but god damn it that will be worth it.
    (Also secure shipping for my Alexander coat)
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    ...I'd tentatively like to reserve ??? (Ryuunosuke Uryuu or Other).
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Eh screw it throw me Uryuu I'll take Kuzuki in the other one.

Blog Entries
    Question: how's Servant summoning and selection going to go with this? How will it work?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Question: how's Servant summoning and selection going to go with this? How will it work?
    You pretty much get the canonical selections, unless you're ???, which may or may not go Uryuu, or unless you can think of why you coming over might nudge things towards any other catalysts they have on them. You do come through very close to the time of summoning, after all - within a day or so.

Blog Entries
    I hope you guys like getting bounced by Kouma.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Well, going over the canonical selection...

Kiritsugu's would probably be fixed for him, unless he can convince the Einzberns to give him something other than Avalon.

Tokiomi, based on his own personality, would still go with Gilgamesh and the snake's shedd skin.

Kayneth very well could still have Alexander's cloak on his person, since player control could make him hold onto it a little more tightly.

Uryuu/??? is as you said.

Waver is a bit of a vague zone, since he stole his catalyst from Kayneth and all.

Kirei is GM controlled, so no question with him.

Kariya apparently travelled pretty extensively. Who knows; he might be able to find his own catalyst and be a little more divorced from Zouken's help.

^ Spinach, why are you posting under Leo's name?

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My knowledge of Fate/Zero is lacking. I really should at least watch the anime. But Kariya hasn't been claimed, hmmm.

I know nothing of RP's, lol. Can I set a tentative claim?

Current Fanfics:

Blog Entries
    Ah man it looked like Lyco and I grabbed Uryuu right at around the same time. Hey Lyco do you wanna work something out?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Kariya! Can I be Kariya?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Ah man it looked like Lyco and I grabbed Uryuu right at around the same time. Hey Lyco do you wanna work something out?
    Well, I was just tentatively grabbing the spot, so if you definitely want to join this RP, I can step down. I'm in 3 already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post

Kayneth very well could still have Alexander's cloak on his person, since player control could make him hold onto it a little more tightly.

Waver is a bit of a vague zone, since he stole his catalyst from Kayneth and all.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that Kayneth's catalyst was stolen way earlier then just a day before his summoning (I sincerely doubt Kayneth could secure another catalyst within a day). Heck, Waver was in the Clock Tower during the time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that Kayneth's catalyst was stolen way earlier then just a day before his summoning (I sincerely doubt Kayneth could secure another catalyst within a day). Heck, Waver was in the Clock Tower during the time.
    That was my understanding as well.

Blog Entries
    That still allows for possible pre-emptive action.