View Poll Results: Would you like to see Beast's Lair purchase and include a site Wiki?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 74.51%
  • No

13 25.49%
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like for us to make an integrated Wiki?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    But anyhow, this is not the time nor the place for another Sakura debate! It'll just leave a bitter taste in their mouths. Ahem.
    But those poor trees, Five! Having their names stolen by random human girls, fictional or real! It's a horrible conspiracy against plant-kind!
    And don't get me started on other plants that have their names stolen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Doesn't the Japanese law system take huge parts from the US anyway?
    The USA law system took huge parts from the British system, but is now quite different due to 200 years of separation and developing in a different country with unique needs. Wouldn't surprise me if something similar happened in Japan, and in fact would surprise me if anything is copypasta straight from our legal code.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    We can't even talk about talking about the wiki without it turning into a mild poo-flinging contest. Sorry, Bloble, but your faith is unfounded.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

All this talk about mudflinging on this potential, new wiki sounds entertaining. So, yes, I want this wiki.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Given that I talked to you about this some months ago, Dark Pulse, you can correctly assume that I am in favor.

Blog Entries
    Oh quite an interesting thing you have there DP. I'd love to help with something like this and even moving my wiki over to this newer one would be fun to do.

As for why I don't really advertise well I could, but I don't want to seem like I'm spamming and I won't change my sig anymore then it already has been.

Blog Entries
    I won't go and say it's an outright bad idea, but DP, don't drop a whole seventy bucks plus yearly just because we tell you to.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like a good idea to me, and I have enough of a lack-of-life to offer to be dedicated editor, following Five's suggestion.
    Only one thing: No interpretations allowed. None. Zilch. Zip. Nada. That way any and all edit wars are avoided.

Oh, and citations. More citation-nazism than even Wikipedia.

EDIT: I had no idea Milbunk had a wiki. Dude, if you have something like that, spamming it is what you gotta do. Spam is only bad when it's pointless. :V
    Last edited by Kyte; May 5th, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Mhmm, I can actually see this going quite troll-free if wiki vandalism will have forum punishments as consequences.

I mean flaming in blogs and stuff also falls under them, right?
    Yes. Blogs are reportable, and from what I can gather, so would Wiki vandalization/edit wars/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    Integration!?

*Slams fist on the table.*

NOT ON MY WATCH!

Segregation now!

Segregation tomorrow!

Segregation forever!

*Looks around.*

Sorry, I've just always wanted to say that.
    Don't come crying to me when you end up in a wheelchair in a decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Actually, it's not even that I'm calling it "trolling". The problem is that, as you say, both sides believe they are right. In that case, however, the correct thing to do is to include neither viewpoint (or, alternately, both).
    In the interest of fairness, I agree.

I'll wait while some of you pick up your jaws off the floor, for Darples and Mike agreeing on something almost never occurs.

Some characters are more debate-able than others and we all know that. Furthermore, while some have very clear motivations and such, even the protagonists' motivations change (Fate Shirou != UBW Shirou != HF Shirou). Thus I think it would be best if all viewpoints are presented... though I would say "interpretations" should be kept as a separate page from base, "known" facts. The fact that Shirou has Avalon in him is known; whether he knows it or not is another matter entirely. This way the factual pages aren't cluttered, and if people want to debate powerlevels or "which one is the right one" there's pages for that. This keeps both camps reasonably happy, I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I love lawfully murdering people. Fun as hell.
    Man I'm glad we picked you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I won't go and say it's an outright bad idea, but DP, don't drop a whole seventy bucks plus yearly just because we tell you to.
    The $70 is to buy it and one year of updates; after that I think it's only like $30-40 to renew for another year.

Also, while I'm not sure if I could change specific names over, I could definitely edit the vote counts. Will someone tell me (and please, be honest) what the "correct" vote tally should be?
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    Jumping the announcement gun, are we?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Hohohoho~

Blog Entries
    IMO, this will only work out if not every single forum user can edit it for the trolls and lulz. But then the problem arises that people would complain of unfairness of not being able to edit. If it's the case that everyone can edit, we'd need wiki staff to supervise the pages, and I dunno you'd need someone neutral to do that probably.

But if we can manage to not have edit wars, I'm all for it. It would be a nice place to gather the crapload of material that's scattered all over the place, and it might motivate me to translate the Tsukihime material since there would be a place to put it. Plus, I love organizing things.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    No. BL isn't BL without its hilarious powerlevel threads.

Also,

>Bannable edit wars

But what about Kayneth "Fast Wheels" Archibald El Melon!?
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    But powerlevel threads are speculation, and the wiki wouldn't have speculation. At least I hope not, because that would be a waste and just go to the TMwiki anyways.

edit: If it's possible, could you somehow integrate this wiki idea with the "section" thing on the homepage that Koto complained about before? That way you wouldn't need to pay for the separate wiki stuff.
    Last edited by Lianru; May 6th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    But if we can manage to not have edit wars, I'm all for it. It would be a nice place to gather the crapload of material that's scattered all over the place, and it might motivate me to translate the Tsukihime material since there would be a place to put it. Plus, I love organizing things.
    ...I would love you if you did this.

......I-In a purely platonic way, of course! N-No dirty thoughts, I promise you!

edit: If it's possible, could you somehow integrate this wiki idea with the "section" thing on the homepage that Koto complained about before? That way you wouldn't need to pay for the separate wiki stuff.
    Well, not quite as far as I know. I intended the CMS to be for more "current" news - i.e; new games, new animes, fan-translations, etc. The Wiki is more of a library of information.

But I don't really know how it interacts with the CMS, if anything.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    ...I-In a purely platonic way, of course! N-No dirty thoughts, I promise you!
    For shame, Darples. For shame.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    For shame, Darples. For shame.
    You shut your whore mouth.

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries

......I-In a purely platonic way, of course! N-No dirty thoughts, I promise you!
    If I what, translated the material or organized the wiki? I could do both if you wanted...

(no guarantees on other-people-level translation accuracy, though, because I'm a noob. XD)
    Now Loading...

Blog Entries
    You shut your whore mouth.
    Mean, Darples. ;A;
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    If I what, translated the material or organized the wiki? I could do both if you wanted...

(no guarantees on other-people-level translation accuracy, though, because I'm a noob. XD)
    Well, really, I'd love it if there was translations for the character material books in general and so on. I'd actually really love it if they got an official English translation, but I don't know how kosher it would be to actually have these things as downloadable PDFs or whatever. Then again, Type-Moon's stance on derivative works is "Do it because you love them, not to make profit," so I'd think that as long as we're not actually charging for it, it should be okay, and if not, I'm sure they'd let us know somehow.

Wiki organizing, well, I'd have a better idea of how it would work if there's enough yes votes to convince me buying it is a good idea. I mean, we could always certainly add a "Wiki Admins" userclass or something. It depends on how extensively it integrates into forum structures and whatnot, something I don't know without actually having the package, of course.

As for your translating skills, it could be good for improving that, and if anything, we have multiple moonrune-speaking types who could clean up translations. A rough one is always a good start, though, and better than zip.

Who knows, maybe it'll even get Hollow Ataraxia done quicker...

Old Quote Crap!