Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How did you react at the time? Did you fall down?

Blog Entries
    What? No, I stood back up and racked the weight. Then after lying down on the bench for a few minutes, I decided I was done for the day and left. Didn't seem that bad at first, since it didn't hurt at all when my back was perfectly straight, but by the time my night class rolled around I was shaking and sweating and almost collapsing when I took a wrong step.

So I ducked out early, bought a bunch of dihydrocodeine, and laid around in bed for a few weeks. Then when I finally got better, I reinjured the same exact place fucking around in the pool and the cycle started again!

In the meantime, I brilliantly lost muscle and replaced it with fat, undoing months of progress in the gym.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; September 26th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So I ducked out early, bought a bunch of dihydrocodeine,
    Like, "Scuse me shopkeep, I'll have a newspaper and five of those, please. There's a good chap!"

Blog Entries
    Yes.

It actually was five boxes, too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Was this in Japan?

Blog Entries
    Of course, it's cough medicine here.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And rape is hello. It seems like a strange place.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Nothing like a good workout to make you remember how god damn pathetic you are. Feel like I pulled a muscle in my leg.

Blog Entries
    Haha failed at my personal running goal for today, got a stitch partway through and tried to push through it for like 1.5 or 2 minutes until the stitch became unbearable. Still didn't manage to attain personal goal.

Feel like a sackload of crap. Should have continued until I collapsed out of pain or something, get used to military conditions. Haha I suck, and my pain tolerance sucks harder. Try harder next time, but my body recovers slow as all hell.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting unhealthily overweight (5'11", 185 pounds), so I've started exercising more regularly.

I don't want to bulk up at all, which is a problem because I bulk up easily. I also play competitive football (soccer) weekly and could use all the extra stamina that I could muster, so I'm going 100% cardio.

I also have limited spare time with a full time job and couple life. Fortunately, there's a mini-gym in my apartment block with a couple of treadmills, 2 elliptics, 3 bikes, a rowing machine, and a weight machine.

Currently my menu is a simple 30min/5km jog on the treadmill, 5 times a week. I expect to progressively crank up the speed to 30min/6km. As soon as I feel confortable with that, I'll start trying other stuff (intervals, etc).

I'm not dieting but I already have a somewhat healthy diet, so I'm just keeping the quantities under check.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 8th, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    - similar calorie intakes over the course of the past three days

- didn't go to the gym yesterday or the day before
    - weighed self yesterday and the day before at 10 am
    - 60 kg on both counts

- go to gym today at 9 am
    - come back and weigh self at 10 am
    - 61 kg

What is this I don't even o__0
    You probably hydrated yourself more/peed less the day you went to the gym?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The term "don't over do it" exists for a reason. Knowing your body's current limits can help avoid potential serious injury. Don't always take pain lightly.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Currently my menu is a simple 30min/5km jog on the treadmill, 5 times a week. I expect to progressively crank up the speed to 30min/6km. As soon as I feel confortable with that, I'll start trying other stuff (intervals, etc).
    At 6'1", 200lb, I should probably follow your example and focus on cardio like I used to a few years ago. I prefer low-impact exercises (stationary bike) due to knee issues, though.

I used to be able to ride a hilly 9 mile bike trail in 38 minutes, and now I struggle to finish that same loop in less than 50 minutes. Not good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    You probably hydrated yourself more/peed less the day you went to the gym?
    I don't remember now but that is probably it.

Does anyone know if normal vaseline or the other types of lubricants (designed for sensual activities) help reduce friction caused by running better? I keep getting blisters while running, so I put lots of vaseline between my feet and my socks at the advice of the internet (still got blisters but they didn't hurt) and I am running low on vaseline... I was wondering if I should swap brands.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It sounds more like a sock/shoe issue. If you keep your feet too moist, the skin will be more prone to tearing.

Blog Entries
    Not tearing, blistering. The fluid filled bubbles. Tried several shoes, different fit type size and still got blisters. My friends who are currently in the military also have blisters from training and stuff (blood blisters no less, apparently they also get infected very frequently) so I'm assuming I might as well get used to them.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Usually start off by getting smoother and/or more padded socks, making sure your shoes are actually decent quality and breath well, and keeping your feet nice and dry with powder. Lubrication is really only a last ditch effort for long distance running. You should hopefully be able to prevent or lessen blisters before it comes to that.

On the other hand, blisters are also just a predecessor to callusing, which is the body's natural protection against blisters and chafing. It takes a little while though.

Blog Entries
    You really shouldn't be getting blisters really frequently with just running, though, especially if you've done it a fair bit. Do you run in places where a lot of dirt gets in your shoes? Are your socks dirty? What kind of socks do you wear anyways, actually? That might be the problem itself.

Blog Entries
    Hahahahaha, like we get to choose socks! When we go into mandatory military service the army supplies everything except underwear, and you damn well use it unless you're looking for punishments. It's not their business how your feet look or feel.

Just keep running until the blisters turn into rock hard calluses that cover the entire bottom of your feet, then your feet will be invulnerable. That's what happened to me.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」