Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19242728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Good luck at MEPS Tobias. I hope you enjoy your taste of private snuffy. You'll have to deal with boots like him for a long while. Buying cars he can't afford, marrying strippers, and comes crying to you when the divorce rolls around.

There's no better place to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, make sure you're passing your APFT tho. I dunno how it is in AMEDD but it's gonna be silly.
    Only because you said this, when I was talking to the military medical recruiter, he asked me what made me good enough to be a military therapist. So I told him a few horror stories from my life as a therapist to criminally insane, most of which would sound like something out of Arkham

the guy guy stared at me, took his glasses off, and rubbed the bridge of his nose. After a long moment of silence he said something like “all right, son, I’m gonna level with you. You do realize that about 95% percent of your patients are going to be 18-21 year olds who got sad cause their girlfriend left them, right?”

i told him I understood that, I just wanted him to know when the other 1-5% got methed up and returned to base naked and began discharging a firearm, or started having flashbacks and attacking his neighbors ‘cause he thought they were viet cong, I could handle it since I already have patients doing things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    So I hired a trainer to help build some muscle and maybe actually be able to pass this damn thing. I have been going every day after work for the last 8 days.

i feel like I should have just paid someone sixty bucks an hour to kick my ass.

i would hurt less.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I dunno if you’re supposed to go every day

lazyass here speaking

Blog Entries
    According to the guy who may also be satan, it’s fine if you are “working different muscles”

and be running a mile and a half each day as a pre work out is fine because we walk all the time anyway. Or something. Again, Satan.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    hardcore

ganbatte and watch out for hair loss

Blog Entries
    Rest days are important so you don't burn out, but he's not entirely off base about cycling through different muscle groups to minimize the strain.

You can murder your legs on a Tuesday and go right back to kill your chest on Wednesday.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Also just be born with good bone structure
    sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries View Post
    overhead presses
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Lateral raises, be it with dumbbells or cables, and boxing workouts

An old roommate of mine had disproportionately big shoulders and spent pretty much all of his workouts doing cardio, lateral raises, overhead shoulder presses, pushups and bag work.
    on shoukders day I already do OHP + military press

what is bag work

what kinds of pushups I already do the normal ones on chest day
    Last edited by Apple; March 25th, 2018 at 12:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    I have reached a point in my life where I don’t just dream about the gorram duck walk, I am now consistently dreaming about it. Every night for at least a week.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    At least Germany should be fun! Um, since I’m assuming you are getting enlisted

Blog Entries
    Duck walk is actually not bad, assuming you allow yourself to do distance progressions

Blog Entries
    I failed it at MEPS the last time. Believe me. I have practiced the shit out of it. I’m pretty good at it now, but for the last like 2 weeks I practice either duck walking or duck walking plus that god awful thing where you stand from having your knees on the floor in a single motion without using your hands.

every time I do that second one I always wonder if this is going to be the time I break every last one of my toes when they have to catch my weight.

Blog Entries
    Downloaded MyFitnessPal last week because I was losing weight like it was my job even though the goal was to put on weight

MFP puts me at 3200 (though I occasionally bump up to 3700 if I feel hungry enough) calories a day if I want to gain. I'm going to die of an exploding stomach.
    Last edited by Imperial; April 23rd, 2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eat lots of schnitzel.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Downloaded MyFitnessPal last week because I was losing weight like it was my job even though the goal was to put on weight

MFP puts me at 3700 calories a day if I want to gain. I'm going to die of an exploding stomach.
    Either heavy smoothies or a full breakfast will get you most of the way I think
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Eat lots of schnitzel.
    I'm vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Either heavy smoothies or a full breakfast will get you most of the way I think
    Yeah, in the last week, I've started whipping up big smoothies full of peanut butter, pineapple, banana, spinach, protein powder, oatmeal, chia seeds and flaxseed with a soy milk base. A good 500 to 600 calories right there.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

3700 is just going to get you fat (buff too, but still fat) unless you're doing like boot camp or a ton of swimming or some shit lmao.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    I'm 6'4", 181 right now, lifting five times a week (Push/Pull/Legs/rest/Upper Body/Lower Body/rest) and on my feet most of the day at my job.

MyFitnessPal tells me I should be eating around 3200 a day, and I bump it up to around 36/3700 on those days I've thrown it back and still feel hungry. I was 178 just a few weeks ago, which is the absolute lightest I have ever been in my adult life. I'm looking pretty skeletal.

But who knows? I'm not a personal trainer or a nutrionist. I might get back to you guys next month and declare that I've decided to do something completely different. Only time will tell.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    Oh, damn, vegan, protein forcing that much sounds hard. At that point it might be easiest to do 'fat but buff' first and do serious bulk/cut cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    MyFitnessPal TDEE estimates are not accurate. It puts me at 2.5k (iirc) but from experience my actual maintenance is like 700kcal lower.

Also, vegan bodybuilding?? Do you hate yourself or something?

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Lmao

Duck walks suck.

- - - Updated - - -

My hips hurt. I've been runnin too much.

Every time I stop I limp around like an old man.

Five miles here, three miles there, sometimes with a weighted vest.

Iyarashii.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I failed it at MEPS the last time. Believe me. I have practiced the shit out of it. I’m pretty good at it now, but for the last like 2 weeks I practice either duck walking or duck walking plus that god awful thing where you stand from having your knees on the floor in a single motion without using your hands.

every time I do that second one I always wonder if this is going to be the time I break every last one of my toes when they have to catch my weight.
    Those were kinda fun. Make sure to stretch first.
    Try to make it into the ARSOF BH program. The shit there might be more up your alley.