Thread: Fanfic Fanart

Fanfic Fanart

Hey, this is my first post here after lurking around the old BL for about half a year. I read and really liked the fanfics there, so I made some fanart. I have a lot of WIPs that I need to get around to finishing, but here's one that's presentable enough --

Takara Aozaki from Kieran's "Legacies of Fate"
    http://lesliep21.deviantart.com/art/...PT-1-201715055

Months ago, I saw an earlier Takara picture by Kiryuu-Rekka on DeviantArt and another one from an artist at the old Beast's Lair who drew Takara and Satsuki Arima, but I forgot his name and the images were lost along with the Proboards takedown. I admit taking their designs and tweaking them, so make sure to look at the originals.

If I have enough time and/or motivation (probably won't), then I want to try drawing a Legacies of Fate comic. It'll be good practice; I don't know if I am going to do a scene, pull off a good chunk, the whole thing minus sex scenes, or start the first page at all.

Comment, suggest, and critique to your heart's content, I need it.

I'm a big forum noob, how do you post images like in the Picture Fight thread? The Insert Image button asks for the URL instead of the file itself. Do I need to get a Photobucket account or something?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, there! Nice to meet you, and thank you for the work! Since you want a critique, though - Takara's hair should be a bit darker, and her face looks a little more masculine than it really should - but it's still better than anything I could do, believe me.

If you're going to try to draw her with her mother's hair colour, add silver eyes - then you'll be the first person to draw her in Nanaya mode!

And the images you can't remember in question are Emagevil's, and I'm pleased to announce that they're not lost - they're in an album viewable in my profile - feel free to revisit them.

I look forward to seeing what you decide to do, and watching you hone your skills.