Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's try this again, shall we? (aka You are special, Naruto!)[Naruto/Nasuverse]

Blog Entries

Let's try this again, shall we? (aka You are special, Naruto!)[Naruto/Nasuverse]

Your name is Uzumaki Naruto, and for the most part, your life absolutely sucks!

For one thing, hardly anybody has treated you with respect, and the only people that care about you are not able to do much to ease the pain that the glares and hateful comments deal with upon your person. The main reason for this to happen was that you were born on the day of a monster attack, more specifically the Kyuubi no Youko, or Nine-Tailed Bewitching Fox, a beast hardly anyone has ever figured out the name of. On that day, you were orphaned and nearly forgotten about in the orphanage, nothing had ever been going well for you until a year prior when the Hokage, or Fire Shadow, managed to get you an apartment where you could be safe from harm's way.

Oh, how you wished for someone to help you, to give you the welcome warmth of family, but that was only a fools dream at the moment. If anything, you have some deep and unfettered hatred for the people that spite you for just being alive, but when you can, you put on a mask that says you are one of the happiest people alive, even when you get the worst of life thrown your way.

Sure, sure, you have some necessities, but nothing much, and what you do have is either second-hand or worse, except for food and bath supplies, by decree of old man Hokage who is doing his best to protect you, so that you can at least be healthy and clean, even though you don't honestly believe he's doing a good job. For the past 6 years of your life, you've tried to do as you should, but that hasn't been easy for you.

Now, this doesn't mean that life is out to get you, far from it. At least you aren't getting mobs out to end your life, mainly because the Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai or ANBU for short, under the old man were handpicked to protect the village and you for whatever reason. If anything, you wish that you could understand the severity of the situation, but that's hardly an option at this time unless you were allowed in the library at the time.

However, it was a mandatory requirement for those who wanted to serve in the Ninja force, which you do wish to do, to have some access to education of any sort. If anything, you have learned a few things about yourself in this regard, to be perfectly honest.

You are:
    [ ]Intelligent ("Whoever came up with these tests was thinking I was unable to handle stuff none of the other Academy hopefuls would even know? Impressive!")
    [ ]Athletic ("Hey, what do you know? I can actually keep up with a grown Inuzuka clansman when he's taking me seriously and outpace him!")
    [ ]Brave ("I didn't know that girl that needed rescuing from bullies, but I wanted to help her one-hundred percent, because she was just like me for even a brief bit.")
    [ ]Strong ("At least I know how to properly defend myself in case of a dangerous situation...")

In your pursuit of knowledge about yourself, you made sure not to neglect your outward manners to people around you, especially those that needed to know you weren't out to get them. This included the kids that were a bit young to recall what happened with the Kyuubi no Youko, which does include you, but not in this case.

Your outward manners are:
    [ ]Of a practical joker ("If I can make the biggest joke on the village, I wonder what it would be?")
    [ ]Along the lines of whatever Chivalry is ("I wonder if a code of honor is really that important?")
    [ ]Power is everything ("I'm even worse than the fan girls when it comes to how weak I am, so I'll correct that mistake, even if it kills me... wait, maybe not that last bit.")
    [ ]You value love above all else ("I've never known what it's like to love someone... hopefully I can learn soon.")

Knowing your "family", the ones that do their best to take care of you, they have people that would need to visit them, among other things. However, if you would prefer it, you could have some of their attention when you absolutely deserve it.

Your favorite part of your "family" is:
    [ ]The Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen ("Believe it or not, he's the only one that knows how to best handle my life for the time being, as he's practically my Grandpa.") and an ANBU who goes by “Ryu” while on duty (“Ryu’s a cool ANBU, and an even cooler big sibling. Why didn’t I get to know Ryu sooner?”)
    [ ]The Ichiraku's ramen bar owner, Ichiraku Teuchi ("He's a close second to Grandpa material, but I consider him a good uncle instead.") and his daughter, Ichiraku Ayame ("She's like the big sister that I never had... and I think she really cares about me, too.")

[ ]Your next door neighbor and his family, Matou Kariya, a former Kiri-nin (“I don’t know how he got permission to live here, but at least he helps me out when needed, so he must be a nice guy.”), and Aoi, with daughters Rin and Sakura (“I mean, yeah they’re a great family, but I somehow think the girls would need a responsible figure in their lives.”)
    [ ]Your academy instructor, Umino Iruka (“He’s a great teacher and all, but I’m starting to think that something is inhibiting his teaching ability, something not so good.”) and his assistant, Emiya Kiritsugu (“While I don’t know if Kiritsugu-sensei is a good teacher, I do know that he’s a good marksman, it’s just that he misses on purpose to give students an idea what to avoid doing.”)

Okay, so I decided to try cleaning it up a bit, as well as adding some details to make sure that there's no write-in material involved. For the experienced Naruto fan, you'll notice that I included four Narutoverse characters and at least four Nasuverse characters to the options as paired options somehow. No, I'm not pairing the people in the options with each other, unless you count Kariya and Aoi (who, in this AU, got married and had Rin and Sakura with Tokiomi out of the picture of this love life) as a pairing (I certainly do for this one).

If you have any questions, please let me know, and I'll answer them as best as I can within the story (I don't like trolling readers) and outside the story (though the answers to the questions will be answered in the story as well for benefit of the characters).

...Let's just hope this goes off the ground for once (as in past the scene where I got furthest in for the original version).

By the way, pairings will be done via choices on your end, with no need to worry about a harem quite yet for those that don't like them. Anything else you guys feel is important that I'm missing in this section?

Oh, one more thing, if a choice has a majority vote of 10 or more, then that option wins hands down in the voting portion, except in the case of multiple times to vote. I mean it this way: Suppose you voted for Brave, which gets at least 10 more than the other options in its section to vote in. That would mean that Brave wins the section that it is in for votes, but it doesn't count for any other section of votes.

(By the way, “Ryu” is a Nasuverse character that’ll have their identity revealed later, at least after choosing an option for the favorite part of your “family” in Naruto’s opinion at least.)
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    (who, in this AU, got married and had Rin and Sakura with Tokiomi out of the picture of this love life) as a pairing (I certainly do for this one).

Oh, this'll be a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does this mean Rin and Sakura are now as crappy as Kariya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kariya is a pretty shitty father.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    ...I didn't remove Tokiomi permanently, if you thought I did, I just didn't have a good way of including him yet (so I left him out of the picture for the time being).

Either way, was that sarcasm, Leo?

EDIT: In regards to Kariya not being father material, what have we seen that suggests either way, guys? I'm honestly curious as to what you guys know that I might be missing out on.
    Last edited by Xamusel; May 13th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    ...I didn't remove Tokiomi permanently, if you thought I did, I just didn't have a good way of including him yet (so I left him out of the picture for the time being).

Either way, was that sarcasm, Leo?
    No, but I did phrase it badly: it's more like "oh wow, how did that happen" more than "oooh man this story."
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    EDIT: In regards to Kariya not being father material, what have we seen that suggests either way, guys? I'm honestly curious as to what you guys know that I might be missing out on.
    The part where he's always on the verge of death and shakes?
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Okay, you want me to give an explanation of how come that happened, Leo?

Well, it's like this: Kariya was on a mission for Kirigakure (where the main Matou family lives) as a Shinobi who had training as a Magus (I'll explain why he became a Magus in a later post, at least when I have it figured out), his mission worked in tandem with Aoi (who was a regular Kunoichi from a Magus family), the two fell in love while they worked together, and after the mission Kariya requested to go with Aoi, thus making him leave the village he lived in for a while (though not without packing his things and Thaumaturgical supplies that he owned himself).

That explain it in a brief way?

EDIT: I think you're talking about the Kariya that we see in the Fourth Heaven's Feel, Frantic. I mean, is there substantial proof that he isn't a good father figure at all?
    Last edited by Xamusel; May 14th, 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    I don't mean he'll be a crappy father, just a crappy magus. Or equivalent to a magus here, comapred to Tokiomi. And without Tokiomi contributing to Rin and Sakura....well, I can definitely see their ability taking a corresponding hit.

But that isn't funny, so I said it in a way that amused me. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Wait wait wait.

There are Magi and Shinobi, and you can be both? That seems a bit pointless, if you don't mind me saying.

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Ah, you're AUing harder than I thought. Proceed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    I don't mean he'll be a crappy father, just a crappy magus. Or equivalent to a magus here, comapred to Tokiomi. And without Tokiomi contributing to Rin and Sakura....well, I can definitely see their ability taking a corresponding hit.

But that isn't funny, so I said it in a way that amused me. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
    No need to apologize, Hymn. I should've seen that coming, in any regard.

In any event, as an AU, I made a couple needed changes to Kariya's training regime. For example, he indeed has Matou Magecraft down to a reasonable level (though he refuses to use worms at all), but he's at best a Chuunin-level in Shinobi terms... and he was a Jounin when he left for Konoha.

Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Author View Post
    Wait wait wait.

There are Magi and Shinobi, and you can be both? That seems a bit pointless, if you don't mind me saying.
    If you see what I left for Hymn, you'll see what I mean with how one can be both, Frantic.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Ah, you're AUing harder than I thought. Proceed.
    Note that I don't know what you mean by AUing harder, Leo, so I'll need clarification.

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Alright, fair enough. This story isn't to be my usual tastes, but I think I'll keep an eye on it.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Wait a sec.

Aoi had two kids with Tokiomi, but she hooks up with Kariya afterwards and completely abandons the father of her children? And Tokiomi's completely out of the picture?

WHY DIDN'T TOKIOMI SUE FOR CUSTODY IT WOULD BE TOTALLY IN CHARACTER FOR HIM

Unless you're somehow implying that Kariya is actually their father, which if you know even the slightest thing about genetics should obviously be impossible.

Blog Entries
    Understood.

By the way, because Frantic needed a better answer (as of my most recent talk with him), I'll provide one about how Magi and Shinobi can be in the same setting. Essentially, Shinobi use the "deep breathing" ability instead of relying on magic circuits, even though there are some magi that choose to be Shinobi as well. It's more a matter of "Do Shinobi have Magic Circuits", to which the answer is, "Not normally".

A Shinobi has a different manner of determining elemental affinity than a Magus, if any of you are wondering about that, but that's what I get for trying to mix the Nasuverse with Naruto. Shinobi don't know what Magi normally know, unless a Magus becomes a Ninja, but even then secrecy is required.

Hope that answers Frantic's question.

Also, you guys gonna vote, or do I need to manually choose a choice per option?

EDIT: I was saying that Kariya was the father, but why the heck would it be genetically impossible, Bloble?
    Last edited by Xamusel; May 14th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    They wouldn't be "Rin Tohsaka" or "Sakura Tohsaka/Matou" in that case, because it's impossible for that to happen when it happened because Tokiomi was their father.

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

Blog Entries
    Rin and Sakura were made from a mixture of Aoi and Tokiomi's genes. Kariya and Aoi can't recreate Sakura and Rin, genetically speaking. It's impossible, but this is also fiction.

Aoi and Kariya can have daughters named Rin and Sakura, but they couldn't be exactly the same as the daughters produced in canon.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, as Hymn mentioned, that was what I meant.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    EDIT: I was saying that Kariya was the father, but why the heck would it be genetically impossible, Bloble?
    ಠ_ಠ

Xam. It's impossible because half of who Sakura and Rin are comes from their father. In canon, that's Tokiomi. So if Aoi had two kids with Kariya, they couldn't be Rin or Sakura, as Rin and Sakura are Tokiomi's daughters.

Genetically, half of Rin and Sakura comes from Tokiomi. If you replaced the genes they got from Tokiomi with genes from Kariya, you'd have two completely genetically different people.

Blog Entries
    Right, that makes sense, Bloble.

Anyway, I think the issue was taken care of through Hymn, so...