Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elf takes the Ipod Challenge- Archer- 1st Edition

Blog Entries

Elf takes the Ipod Challenge- Archer- 1st Edition

So, Beam told me all about the Ipod challenge and I thought it was really intriguing and decided, as a writing exorcise, it's a pretty neat one.

She said you hit random on your Ipod and the first ten songs you hear you write drabbles about and try to write them in the same span of the song. I only did five my first time, but I hope to do more.

Disclaimer: I don't own them, Type-Moon and Nasu does.

Warning- Some Character death here. I have a lot of dark music on my ipod.

Iron Maiden- "The Trooper"

He stood there, perched high with hands upon his hips as moonlight gleamed against his gilded armor and hair. The King of Heroes hand lifted as a lazy smirk graced his handsome features and then he snapped his index and forefingers. A hazy, red miasma ripped behind Gilgamesh as more and more swords appeared into reality.

Archer gritted his teeth, flexed his hands around Kansho and Baykura, and whispered, “I am the bone of my sword.”

Gilgamesh’s crimson eyes narrowed and he said, “We are going to put this to an end, Faker.”

“Yeah, yours,” Archer replied in a near whisper as he began his charge.

The battle began, a clash of originals against perfect copy. Owner against welder. With each pass both men became more and more bloodied, with Gilgamesh becoming more and more frustrated. Then, in the end, neither Archer was standing.

Steppenwolf- "Born to Be Wild"

“Come on, don’t be afraid.”

Archer swallowed as he looked into those gorgeous yet eerie lavender eyes with their squared pupils. Rider leaned back and patted the seat behind her. “You can hold onto me as tight as you want.”

“Fine,” Archer said with a sigh as he mounted the Hayabusa behind the Gorgon. Rider flashed him a gorgeous smile before revving up the powerful engine. With a laugh the pair took off on breakneck speed on the world’s fastest motorcycle.

Rider rode nimbly through Fuyuki and then once they were out of the city limits she dropped gears. Archer wrapped his arms around her even tighter as her long banner of hair whipped back. Icy wind stung his face, but it felt like they were flying and soon he found himself smiling into her neck.

Rise Against - "Ready to Fall"

Archer spun around right as he saw the familiar blur of red and black rushing towards him. He reached out his hand and Rin took it, her aquamarine eyes locking with his. With a nod he looked back around at the skyline of Fuyuki from their vantage point.

In the distance he could hear Berserker bellow as the Servant rushed up the steps.

He pulled Rin close and said, “Don’t look down.”

“Wait, what are you going to do?” she asked right as the door to the roof they were on burst open.

He grabbed his Master and held her tightly before launching them off Fuyuki’s tallest building as Berserker roared in his maddened fury. Air rushed around them and Rin’s fingers were tightly gripping his mantle as he readied his bow during freefall.

Nine Inch Nails - "The Day the World Went Away"

Armageddon raged before him, fire and flame as if he had been thrown into the very depths of hell. Willpower was the only thing keeping Archer together as he looked up at the false priest standing before him and the sacrifice bound to open the Grail. Rin had long since stopped screaming, but her mouth was open and closing while dulled aquamarine eyes looked at nothing.

The glow of her crest was almost painfully bright to look at despite the darkness that was spreading more and more from her. Kotomine smirked and said, “You’re too late to save her, Servant Archer. You defeated Gilgamesh all for naught, you are barely keeping your body together. It has ended.”

“You’re right,” Archer said as he looked at Rin’s lost form before him. He used the last of his prana to trace his bow and a simple arrow. Wordlessly, he nocked the arrow into the bow and took aim. Kotomine’s eyes widened before he started to laugh, shaking his head.

Archer felt his body fading more and more as he let the arrow fly. It hit its intended target with a hollow thud and Rin’s body jerked. For one last moment her eyes focused on Archer, just as brilliant as he remembered, and then she went utterly still.

“But you didn’t win either,” Archer replied as he greeted oblivion once again.

Kotomine Kirei’s voice followed him into the either, “Oh yes Servant Archer, I won.”

A Perfect Circle - "Judith"

Emiya Shirou was deaf to the executioner reading off his list of atrocities as he looked out into the crowd. His eyes widened as he saw a familiar face looking up at him. Eyes like aquamarines met his and he stared, almost tripping as he was lead to the gallows.

He noticed the small white hand resting on top of a small bulge in the woman’s middle as she continued to look at him, a mixture of sorrow and anger in her radiant eyes. Shirou’s eyes widened as a thousand questions passed through his mind, but Tohsaka Rin was here. She was here with him when he’d been abandoned by everyone else, betrayed by his closest friend, and forced to carry out his sentence to the end.

However he smiled at her and mouthed, “It’ll be okay. I’ll keep saving others who need saving.”

He didn’t see the tears in Rin’s eyes as they put a black hood over his head and the noose around his neck.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, impressive. And interesting! I think... maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and do one of these, huh? God, that... that would lead to some ridiculous stuff if the more interesting songs got played. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    In order:

1) Badass.

2) Sexy.

3) Cute.

4) Gutwrenching.

5) Heartbreaking.

Welcome to Hell, Emiya Shirou.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Oooohhh, I like.

You did well. It's fun when you get into it, huh?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now, Elf, give us moooooore!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    . . . So it wasn't too dark and depressing? I mean, 90% of what I listen to on my ipod is rather dark.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Saw that one coming.

@Elf: Not very depressed right now, though admittedly I did most of my crying on Archer's behalf in the scene in UBW where he disappeared in front of Rin at the end, smiling.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    I think I've gotten used to your brand of depressing, honestly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    I think I've gotten used to your brand of depressing, honestly.
    . . . I don't know if that's good or bad.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Short and good, yes.

People before me have put it more eloquently than I have.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This was highly entertaining. I wouldn't be able to do this though. Half of my mp3 player is Fortissimo, Chaos;Head and Da Capo II OSTs.

I pretty much only have like 20 songs on my player that are by actual bands. :/
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Very grimdark-feeling, especially towards the end.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Born to be wild and The dat the world went away are my favorites.

Nice work.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Ironically, the grimdark "The Day the World Went Away" was the easiest to write. It just clicked.

And I love me some NIN.

Blog Entries
    Ironically, the grimdark "The Day the World Went Away" was the easiest to write. It just clicked.

And I love me some NIN.
    I can see that. I'd say it was my favorite too, though Born To Be Wild comes close.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    I can see that. I'd say it was my favorite too, though Born To Be Wild comes close.
    As soon as I heard "Born to be Wild" i was like, "Okay, Rider taking Archer out on a ride on the Hayabusa."

Blog Entries
    As soon as I heard "Born to be Wild" i was like, "Okay, Rider taking Archer out on a ride on the Hayabusa."
    It was right in every way possible.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

.....Damn yo-

Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    It was right in every way possible.
    I second this sentiment!

Although I did think of Beam's snip of Saber riding with Rider on her bike. And getting mauled by Rider's hair.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Nice work, Elf, albeit with a slightly predicatable subject coming from you.

(And sheesh, I am so bad at this. Not only do I end up doing 6 instead of 5 just because a really neat song came on in sixth, but I've managed to make even just 5 pieces out-word yours and Beam's put together by over 10%. I've spent several hours on it now, too. Evidently I'm straight-up incapable of concision. )
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Hmm, you think we could have a thread dedicated for this challenge?

Really nice work Elf considering the time restraints and the such.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10