Page 678 of 805 FirstFirst ... 178578628668673676677678679680683688728778 ... LastLast
Results 13,541 to 13,560 of 16094

Thread: Prisma Illya

Currently working on this, don't know when / if I'll finish. You know how this goes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

And I'll be waiting for you.

598,535,004 (NA)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The movie was, uh...

It was pretty meh, tbh.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    The movie was, uh...

It was pretty meh, tbh.
    I loved it. I find it to be the best to have come out of Prisma. There's not too much from the series that I actually enjoy, but the movie was one thing.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

So Bea was only a year older than Ilya when she died. I see Hiroyama likes to traumatize them young. I’m really surprised how these few chapters have made me like Beatrice so much. She was annoying before, but when you learn she’s basically a big chuuni with self-esteem issues crushing on her childhood (only) friend, it’s actually cute.

Julian is also hard to hate. He acts like an asshole, but it’s clear he cares about his friends and his ideal. He does bad things, but it’s hard to call him a bad person. Shirou brought it up before in the flashback, but we didn’t really see this until now. He’s someone who was thrown in a shitty position and given a losing hand.

It really helps that we know exactly what kind of future the world is headed to. The world of Notes is one of the few true dead ends that we get to see in the Type Moon franchise. The demise of humanity is used a lot as a plot point like in F/GO and Fate/Extra, but it’s mostly forgotten because we never get to see its effects directly. Meanwhile, Hiroyama welded an actual short story detailing the death of the human race to his magical girl spinoff. The goal of the series, therefore, isn’t to avoid a hypothetical bad end, but to save humanity from an established timeline where the planet is dead, true humans are extinct, and the remaining human subspecies are slowly killed off battling planetary level threats trying to purge them like cancer cells.

... Geeze, no wonder Nasu praised Hiroyama for 3rei’s plot.

598,535,004 (NA)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    The movie was, uh...

It was pretty meh, tbh.
    It felt really rushed to me.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    So Bea was only a year older than Ilya when she died. I see Hiroyama likes to traumatize them young. I’m really surprised how these few chapters have made me like Beatrice so much. She was annoying before, but when you learn she’s basically a big chuuni with self-esteem issues crushing on her childhood (only) friend, it’s actually cute.

Julian is also hard to hate. He acts like an asshole, but it’s clear he cares about his friends and his ideal. He does bad things, but it’s hard to call him a bad person. Shirou brought it up before in the flashback, but we didn’t really see this until now. He’s someone who was thrown in a shitty position and given a losing hand.

It really helps that we know exactly what kind of future the world is headed to. The world of Notes is one of the few true dead ends that we get to see in the Type Moon franchise. The demise of humanity is used a lot as a plot point like in F/GO and Fate/Extra, but it’s mostly forgotten because we never get to see its effects directly. Meanwhile, Hiroyama welded an actual short story detailing the death of the human race to his magical girl spinoff. The goal of the series, therefore, isn’t to avoid a hypothetical bad end, but to save humanity from an established timeline where the planet is dead, true humans are extinct, and the remaining human subspecies are slowly killed off battling planetary level threats trying to purge them like cancer cells.

... Geeze, no wonder Nasu praised Hiroyama for 3rei’s plot.
    To be fair, the thing that is made apparent is that Humanity has fucked the earth and even the things that birthed us up the bum and expect the Earth to nurture us until we leave it's dead carcass for other planets to do that same.

Pretty sucky both ways.

Yeah, but even Type Venus thinks humans didn't deserve this, and she was shot in the face by one.

598,535,004 (NA)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If CCC is any indication, the plants have got our back

- - - Updated - - -

so we must be nice to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Trying to save Miyu's world and all of the humanity in it is just too much effort. They should all just escape to Illya's world instead, and let Miyu's world sail its course, since that is a possible option. Much easier. Much more selfish and less benevolent, of course, but I'm selfish and lazy, so that's what I would do.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Trying to save Miyu's world and all of the humanity in it is just too much effort. They should all just escape to Illya's world instead, and let Miyu's world sail its course, since that is a possible option. Much easier. Much more selfish and less benevolent, of course, but I'm selfish and lazy, so that's what I would do.
    This is a magical girls mangá.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    This is a magical girls mangá.
    And like all magical girl manga, it's gonna end with a lot of people dying.

598,535,004 (NA)

Living Dead Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post

Good thing you aren't a magical girl, huh? :V

E: Selfish and lazy described Sailor Moon at the start, but she got her shit together.

祖 Ancestor
    You know considering they have 3 wishing devices on their side (give or take 1 depending on if Irisviel shows up and whether you count Illya/Kuro as one or two) I do wonder whether they'll try pulling off a wish together in the end of things.

Looking back on it while Miyu isn't inherently a grail she's actually a super strong for one considering she was able to go through the whole wish granting process without dying or becoming imobile like the ones we've seen so far. Sure her wish basically amounted to just some use of the 2nd magic but that's still pretty decent.

I do wonder whether Illya and Kuro will eventually merge into one being by the end of the series. Whenever these split personality plots come up a frequent resolution is the merging of both sides but I'm unsure of the applicability here.

I assume the Magni Card is permanently damaged and unable to return to Thor Mode at this point? As the Thor mode seems like a pretty strong asset to give to our heroes.

JP Friend Code
    No chapter this week
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Hiatus? Or just a delay? I was really looking forward to the next chapter, since we're finally dealing with Julian.

JP Friend Code
    Sorry, meant month

no chapter this month's number of the magazine
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Anyone gonna translate the last two chapters?

598,535,004 (NA)

The one thing I really want is a Julian vs Shirou magecraft battle. We need this

Spoiler:

598,535,004 (NA)