Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Postnuptial Disagreements (Sekirei crossover)

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Ahahaha, Omake 3 is gold. Just some nitpicks, just to dispel misconceptions: Tech level's actually 1600s, so 17th century, and mages actually do work quite a bit. They're the ones who mass-till the soil, build the big fortifications, etc.

On the other hand, the joke's great so who cares. :V
    Last edited by Kyte; June 15th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

I don't believe I'm the first person to notice this, but at the end of all of Kayneth's letter's he claims to be a "Special Consultant to the Hellsing Organization (ret.)

Pray tell, is this the same Hellsing Organization as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellsing ?

BTW, I love your story Zalgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirex101 View Post
    I don't believe I'm the first person to notice this, but at the end of all of Kayneth's letter's he claims to be a "Special Consultant to the Hellsing Organization (ret.)

Pray tell, is this the same Hellsing Organization as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellsing ?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirex101 View Post
    BTW, I love your story Zalgo.
    Thanks. Glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by xelloss View Post
    Mrs. Popo X Meriwether Archibald El-Melloi

I'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Crack Pairing.
    Louise Valliere (with whip) x Volumen Hydragyrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Next crossover, Lady Lorelei: Vampire Hunter?
    Waver summons the Abridged Series, trolling version of Alucard during the 4th War. Insanity ensues.

OH GOD, YES.

Just to clarify, you are talking about the Alucard from this correct?
    Last edited by TheGreatFluffy; June 17th, 2012 at 09:49 PM.

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    Waver summons the Abridged Series, trolling version of Alucard during the 4th War. Insanity ensues.
    Every word you speak simply makes me love you even more.

The first time I saw the Hellsing thing, I thought "You know what would be funny? If Kayneth manages to call in Alucard! But wait, what if it was ABRIDGED Alucard?!"

I remember him eating Miya while ranting about wannabe goddesses.

EDIT: ...Does that make me a bad person?
    Last edited by xelloss; June 17th, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Quote Originally Posted by xelloss View Post
    Every word you speak simply makes me love you even more.

The first time I saw the Hellsing thing, I thought "You know what would be funny? If Kayneth manages to call in Alucard! But wait, what if it was ABRIDGED Alucard?!"

I remember him eating Miya while ranting about wannabe goddesses.

EDIT: ...Does that make me a bad person?
    There are no bad people in BL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    There are no good people in BL.
    Fixed for the sad truth.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Fixed for the sad truth.
    There are no people on BL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatFluffy View Post
    OH GOD, YES.

Just to clarify, you are talking about the Alucard from this correct?
    Yep. It's been one of the ideas bouncing around my skull recently.

Other candidates for my next story include:

(1) A sequel to Postnup.

(2) A post-4th War murder mystery set in the Clock Tower with Waver Velvet as the protagonist.

(3) A weird crossover buddy-cop-ish vampire hunting story with Abel Nightroad and Alexander Anderson (as his loony, vampirophobic partner). Not sure about this one, though.

Yep. It's been one of the ideas bouncing around my skull recently.

Other candidates for my next story include:

(1) A sequel to Postnup.

(2) A post-4th War murder mystery set in the Clock Tower with Waver Velvet as the protagonist.

(3) A weird crossover buddy-cop-ish vampire hunting story with Abel Nightroad and Alexander Anderson (as his loony, vampirophobic partner). Not sure about this one, though.
    I would read none of those. Except maybe for the sequel.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    More Postnup would be cool, although murder mystery is a sorely missing genre in the general repertoire of F/SN fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    More Postnup would be cool, although murder mystery is a sorely missing genre in the general repertoire of F/SN fanfiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by legoguydude View Post
    I would read none of those. Except maybe for the sequel.
    Yeah, I've been leaning toward a sequel myself (after I finish this one and lighten my writing for a little while), but I've also wanted to experiment with the mystery genre for a while. Waver's the perfect sort of guy to do it with. We'll see.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. I don't know Abel, but I do know Alexander. I trust you to write an entertaining story with him.

That said, it's a sequel or Waver story that I'd be most interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Hmm. I don't know Abel, but I do know Alexander. I trust you to write an entertaining story with him.
    Abel...hm. Picture a pacifist Alucard in glasses who hides behind a veil of obfuscating stupidity and goofy wimpiness. Also a clergyman. It's exactly as strange as it sounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Blood

The series is like a really, really, REALLY toned-down Hellsing with more drama. It's okay-ish, but I'm more interested in it for the potential humor when you squash the two universes together. Just like how Sekirei becomes more interesting when you add Nasuverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That said, it's a sequel or Waver story that I'd be most interested.
    One of the advantages of the Waver story would be that it would allow me to delve into slice-of-life stuff at the Clock Tower.
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; June 18th, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In that case, go for the Murder Mystery.

That said, would it follow the Knox Decalogue or Van Dine's rules?

Quote Originally Posted by KooriRenchuu View Post
    In that case, go for the Murder Mystery.

That said, would it follow the Knox Decalogue or Van Dine's rules?
    Probably for the most part, but with allowances made for magi's expanded definition of "normal" murder methods. Waver's alchemy might occasionally stand in for forensic work as well.

It would use standard Nasuverse "rules", and it would make sure that the readers could follow what was going on. Siccing familiars on the victim? Yes. Something like the Death Note? No.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Abel...hm. Picture a pacifist Alucard in glasses who hides behind a veil of obfuscating stupidity and goofy wimpiness. Also a clergyman. It's exactly as strange as it sounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Blood

The series is like a really, really, REALLY toned-down Hellsing with more drama. It's okay-ish, but I'm more interested in it for the potential humor when you squash the two universes together. Just like how Sekirei becomes more interesting when you add Nasuverse.
    Hmm, okay fair enough.

One of the advantages of the Waver story would be that it would allow me to delve into slice-of-life stuff at the Clock Tower.
    I had not considered that, I must admit. That narrows the gap between my interest in the sequel and Waver.

Any hints as to the subject matter of the sequel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably for the most part, but with allowances made for magi's expanded definition of "normal" murder methods. Waver's alchemy might occasionally stand in for forensic work as well.

It would use standard Nasuverse "rules", and it would make sure that the readers could follow what was going on. Siccing familiars on the victim? Yes. Something like the Death Note? No.
    I would expect no less.

If you did the murder mystery, It would be the first Fairplay Mystery aside from Umineko that I have read.