Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 712151617

Thread: Postnuptial Disagreements (Sekirei crossover)

The Raging Fantastic Magnum Fancy Face the First's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm divided. Murder mystery sounds cool now.
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Karna would totally sympathize with Shinji.

"Bro, your family does not want you either? We will show them, by killing everyone."
    "Nukes, nukes everywhere."
    [*ruby=text on top]text on bottom[/*ruby]

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    Okay, here's a preliminary possibility or two:

Waver returns from the Fourth War in a pensive, slightly depressed mood now that Iskander's gone. He tries to pick up where he left off, and reintegrate into normal Clock Tower society. Bored. Out. Of. His. Mind.

...Fortunately(?), one of his fellow students dies for no apparent reason. Waver appreciates the distraction, and tries to figure out who committed the murder and how. Secretly, because the faculty doesn't approve of his extracurricular investigations.

In the meantime, yet another distraction prevents the poor guy from putting his life back in order. The Archibalds have taken an interest in Waver because he survived Heaven's Feel. While Waver won't become the second Lord El-Melloi for a while yet, the family has already sent an Archibald student from Waver's age group to wheedle the story of the Fourth War from him. And she doesn't like Waver at all.
    Funding this with all the gold in the Golden Land!

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    Okay, here's a preliminary possibility or two:

Waver returns from the Fourth War in a pensive, slightly depressed mood now that Iskander's gone. He tries to pick up where he left off, and reintegrate into normal Clock Tower society. Bored. Out. Of. His. Mind.

...Fortunately(?), one of his fellow students dies for no apparent reason. Waver appreciates the distraction, and tries to figure out who committed the murder and how. Secretly, because the faculty doesn't approve of his extracurricular investigations.

In the meantime, yet another distraction prevents the poor guy from putting his life back in order. The Archibalds have taken an interest in Waver because he survived Heaven's Feel. While Waver won't become the second Lord El-Melloi for a while yet, the family has already sent an Archibald student from Waver's age group to wheedle the story of the Fourth War from him. And she doesn't like Waver at all.
    This fic.

THIS FIC THIS FIC THIS FIC.

I live in the fiery depths of an Octopus's garden in the SHADE!
    IT'S A TRAP! He's setting this up so we forget about the Fifth War! But I will not fall for it!

...No matter how awesomely tempting it would be to fall to my knees and beg you to do that idea because it sounds outrageously awesome... I won't!
    A profound assessment of fanfiction, in general.

Apparently, I'm okay at writing quests. Neat.

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    This fic.

THIS FIC THIS FIC THIS FIC.
    This author.

THIS AUTHOR THIS AUTHOR THIS AUTHOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ars Poetica View Post
    IT'S A TRAP! He's setting this up so we forget about the Fifth War! But I will not fall for it!

...No matter how awesomely tempting it would be to fall to my knees and beg you to do that idea because it sounds outrageously awesome... I won't!
    Hmm...

Speaking of distractions, I could also continue the plot-bunny I began a while ago. Heaven's Feel transplanted into Lovecraft's universe, with a reluctant Marsh family assassin as the protagonist: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...aft-s-Universe.

Not sure if it's technically a FSN "crossover", since it takes the premise rather than the characters.
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; June 23rd, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

Wow, I read this *entire* story in one sitting, and I have to say: Excellent work. This is possibly the best fanfic I've ever read, let alone a F/SN fanfiction. I loved the writing, the seamless flow of continuity - Though Meriweather's snarkiness rubs the wrong way on occasion, his character development (and the slow-burning not-quite-romance between him and his Sekirei) is incredibly well done.

I especially liked the sheer amount of detail included - The intricacies - about the life of the Magi, and the workings of the Association: This story was a labour of love, and it shows - I felt you just get the way the Association works, in a way few other stories explore.

I've seen a bit of Sekirei, and I didn't especially like the anime or the manga; This story, however, is a great example of how a crossover can be much more than the sum of its parts. I'd say it did this significantly better than In Flight, which had an ostensibly similar premise, but quickly lost direction.

You've written an excellent story out of two entirely different settings, and done credit to both. I especially like the characterization of Emiya Kirigitsu and Kayneth, and (again) the meticulous care/attention dedicated to the backdrop.

I'd highly recommend this fic, not just to fans of either setting, but to fans of good writing in general.