Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fate/Genesis

The year is 1817
    The date is 31st of January
    The location is the booming town of Fuyuki
    Japan is under the Sakoku, forbidding any foreigner from entering the country
    Even so, six foreigners risk their lives to sneak into the country…
    …In order to witness a miracle

This is where it all began

Scarred by his experiences of a war, the unwilling head of the Zolgen family embraces his heritage, for the sake of one woman.
    Master of Saber
    Makiri Zolgen
    “I was but a mere shell of a man. You gave me a purpose. Am I not allowed to adore you because of that simple fact?”

The weight of her destiny rests heavily on her slender shoulders, yet she pushes forward, unflinching and unyielding, till that future has arrived.
    Master of Archer
    Justeaze Lizrich von Einzbern
    “I do not understand either of you. And never will. I am not a human; I am just the pinnacle of the wishes of our past.”

Grudgingly, he succumbs to the will of his mentor and prepares the scene of the ritual, spurred by beauty unlike he has ever seen before.
    Master of Lancer
    Nagato Tohsaka
    “Make no mistake! I’m not doing this because I like any of you or anything! I am just here to prove my…no, this country’s pride as magi!”

Daughter of an internationally famous magus, she vows to become just as great as her father, and reach the promised miracle.
    Master of Rider
    Euragelita Edelfelt
    “I hate this country. It’s rural, smells weird and the food here is meant for sparrows. If it wasn’t for the prize, I’d leave this backwater town immediately!”

The best of the best, the most perfect of them all, she cannot allow herself to remain still when a miracle is about to be reborn.
    Master of Caster
    Melusine Barthomeloi
    “You are weak, you are flawed, you are nothing but trouble. To leave such a grand ritual in your hands…I cannot allow it.”

Desperate to stop her great-grandfather, she places all her faith in the promised miracle, in order to find a way to end the nightmare.
    Master of Berserker
    Samaria Eltnam Astarte
    “I don’t care about any of that. But you made a promise to me, heir of Einzberns. And if you will not hold that promise, I will make sure…you will pay the price!”

Hungry for knowledge and power, he forsakes his morals as a human in order to achieve his own desires, spurred by pure jealousy.
    Master of Assassin
    Alexandre de Plancy
    “Me? Mad? No, it is you all who have gone mad. Can’t you even see it yourself? The insanity that was given birth by greed?”

---

The miracle that was never meant
    The revival of what was lost
    The future that was out of reach

They all come to together in the form of a ritual that none of them could anticipate
    And so, they must decide
    What do they hold more important?

--Their humanity
    Or…
    --The miracle

This…

Is where it all began.

FATE/GENESIS

---------------------------------------------------

So here it is. Fate/Genesis, the First Holy Grail War. It'll be a fic that will be running alongside my other fic, Fate/Somnium Summer Redux, but unlike that one, this is strictly a fanfic, and does not feature points where readers can vote for the actions of the main character. In other words, it will run like a normal novel. The updates will also be longer than the ones in Somnium Summer Redux, but they will appear less often.

In any event, the next post is the first part of the three-part prologue of the story. I'm reserving this post for the index, Servant stat-screens and that kind of stuff to keep this thread from being cluttered.

So, without further ado, on to the first part of the prologue~
    The next part will updated tomorrow, and the third one the day after tomorrow.

Servant Status Screens

Saber
    Saber

Spirit: ---
    Master: ​Makiri Zolgen
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Strength: A
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Mana: B+
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Abilities:

Riding
    The ability to ride beasts and vehicles. If the Servant has a Noble Phantasm which works as a steed, etc. the Riding skill’s rank has to match the rank of that Noble Phantasm for the Servant to be able to use it.

• A: All creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have aptitude for the Rider Class.

Magic Resistance

The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself.

• A: Cancel spells of A-rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a 'Magus Killer'.

Details:
    ---

Skills:

Eye of the Mind (False)
    Innate talent to sense and avoid danger based on intuition, that can also be called the Sixth Sense or prescience, gained through many ordeals and adventures.
    • A: Resistance to modifiers from visual obstructions. A natural talent for the prediction of danger through the sixth sense.

Prana Burst (Wind)
    The raising of stats by soaking one's weapon or body with magic energy and immediately expelling it. A jet burst using magic energy. This variation of the skill infuses the armaments with prana that imparts a gale effect.
    • A: A normal weapon that is not on the level of a divine mystery can be destroyed in one blow. Raises defense several times. Due to the variation of the skill, the prana dwelling in Saber's armaments is infused with destructive power of wind.

Noble Phantasm:

Root of Royalty
    Title: Living Blade of the Wild King
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-3
    Maximum Target: 1 person

A living sword that receives its life-force straight from the magical energy of the user. Rather than a Noble Phantasm, it could be called a spell that has been bound to a more mundane form of a weapon, but due to the legend associated with it, it has been elevated to the level of a Noble Phantasm. The true form of the weapon is a single, large seed that Saber usually embeds into his arm. After tasting the blood of the user, the weapon forms a contract with the user, and becomes part of his thoughts and imagination. As sharp and tougher than any normal weapon, it is capable of besting even the more orthodox weapons of other Servants, at least when it comes to simply testing their mettle in melee.

The true advantage in Root of Royalty is how it forms itself after the preferences and magical energy of Saber. The more magical energy is poured into it, the more it grows, toughens and sharpens. Simply by sacrificing the power he would have used otherwise, Saber is capable of momentarily boosting the power of this Noble Phantasm vastly. The shape and length of the sword can also be varied, creating a weapon that is suited for every situation. When it is combined with the power of the elemental prana burst that Saber possesses, it becomes a deadly Noble Phantasm that, while traditional, can threaten any Servant it comes across.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; March 24th, 2013 at 02:16 PM.