Page 1 of 18 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: King Of Fakers

Blog Entries

King Of Fakers

My Beta/Editor... for some reason would like you to blame mistakes on him. He has helped me a lot so kudos to him.

Prologue:

The fires raged across the land, the smell of sulphur and death hung ominously in the air, trying to claim as many victims as it could, the trees were charred black, parts began to break apart and burn until nothing but ash and dust remained, the sweltering storm of heat seemed almost alive, as it sought out lie, leaving a trail of destruction and ash in its wake, it’s feasting of flesh and peeling of skin seemed to create a cackling sound, deranged and prideful of the destruction it wrought.

The cries of children, mothers, fathers, brother and sisters made faint, silent and wretched screams that fed the malice of the disaster, the armour clad body of the legendary King of Heroes had no problems repelling the heat of the flames that had surrounded him, in the midst of the destruction he had helped create.

Not that he had any real feelings of compassion for the mongrels humanity had become, those who were too weak would die; they were unworthy of his divine rule.

Walking through the almost palatable wall of heat, the legendary king of heroes allowed his eyes to wander the area, searching for anything of interest.

He stopped.

Saber’s Master, Emiya Kiritsugu.

The King of Heroes barely kept his name as a vague footnote, being a bit unique, but still nothing that really shone to him, his body was covered in blood and burns; he was hunched over on the ground, moving, Inch by inch, heading forward.

Suddenly, a torrent of flame erupted from a nearby gas pipe, quickly enveloping the man in its soon to be fatal embrace, the man chucked his body downwards and as the fire began to char and rip apart his flesh as he struggled to continue on.

The King watched with only vague interest, after all, the outcome was obvious, this man before him was not going to survive; the only question was how long he could delay the inevitable.

The man opened his arms and forced something past him. A young boy dressed in a dark blue jacket and white undershirt, with red hair; he couldn't have been more than five, maybe six years old.
    The blood soaked fire caught up with the aged man, then devoured him whole.

Gilgamesh stepped forward; The Master of Saber was dead.

The boy was just as doomed as the man who had saved him, yet he did not give up; his tiny hands stretched out, reaching for air, finding itself in the bloody, rotten and burnt earth.

His nails dragged across the land. The King watched.

And watched.

The boy’s body was shaking; fear, a very simple thing.

The gluttonous blazes slowly approached its prey, bursting up for a mere moment, before swiftly declining into an eerie malevolent silence, cinders and small flames licked at the boy’s wounds as he desperately yearned to live, shred of skin began to crumble, blood slowly poured from his cuts.

It spread across the withered dead grass and was soaked up within moments; it seemed as if the very world, and nature itself, were merely toying with the boy, as if doing something as delinquent as playing with it's food.

The boy grit his teeth; a small instinctive stubborn atmosphere began to surround him. He wanted to cry, yet not a single tear fell; he didn’t want to give such an accursed world the satisfaction.

The flames seemed to make playful yet deadly leaps and bounds charring his clothes and what remained of his body, smoke forced its way down his lungs and throat, gripping him with the embraces of death; he coughed for a few seconds and then forced his body to take another degrading step forward with all fours.

This boy had lost everything.

Nothing remained but the primordial bestial instinct that snarled at him to live.

Any normal child would surely be dead by now, any normal human of this day and age would have given up, letting themselves burn into ash, forgotten like a common dog, never leaving a legend in his wake.

His mouth opened for a brief moment, wide it looked like the fangs of a beast as if he had something to say, yet no words came, only small feeble breaths.

The boy could not roar.

Or scream.

Or yell at the heavens that cursed him with this fate.

The King lifted his left foot just above the boy's head; the red haired child mustered as much strength as he could spare, glared at the King for impeding his path, eyes blazing like hot steel.

The boy continued onward, ignoring the King's presence, refusing to beg for his life.

The King was mildly surprised, he would never admit it, but he saw something of himself in the child, something rather similar to his search for immortality, or disregard for the god’s and elders.

A man will continue to fight and live, to change his fate; to leave his mark on this world.

This was the first time the King had seen such a person in this new world, Perhaps, the King thought, this child might be worth saving.

The fire leapt forth like to devour the boy; just as it had his would-be saviour, A quick shining blur then swept across the flames, the golden armoured ruler bent down and grabbed the boy; his instincts told him that there was something different with this child, something unique

The child was almost unconscious. He looked up at the King with silent sincere eyes before he let his mind wander to the land of dreams, Maybe, just maybe... the King thought back to the lands he owned thousands of years ago. A small voice, that sounded suspiciously like Enkidu, whispered.

“Let us see, if you can live up to my expectation, boy...”

[COLOR=#ffffff]xXx

Kotomine Kirei had but the slightest look of intrigue upon his face, he saw Gilgamesh by the door of the Church, holding a young red haired boy within his arms, sleeping without a sound.

“Who is this?” The priests face was dark yet collected as well as his expressions; he was a tall man that looked fairly strong.

“Something interesting I discovered, amongst the corpses.” The words left the heroes mouth with little emotion; Kotomine had to raise an eyebrow for a moment. He had not expected such behaviour from the King of Heroes.

“Where did he come from?” Kotomine was the type to ask what was most relevant and important, often getting to the point, yet in a rather concealed way.

“From the fire we caused, the boy was being protected by Saber’s Master. The kid looked interesting, so I took him. Is there something wrong with that?” The King’s voice and expression contained a dark sense of enjoyment.

Kirei made a small subtle look of confusion for but a mere millisecond; to him it was odd, Gilgamesh wanted to wipe out all humans unworthy of his rule, due to his views of the current state of humanity, So for him to save someone…

As for the heroes question, common sense dictated that it wasn’t.

“Well… if you truly wish to have this child, I suppose I should go and adopt him then, having a child unaccounted for appear around here would cause unnecessary trouble. I shall go to settle this.”

The priest was still vaguely interested enough to be willing to see how this turned out, maybe it would entertain him or perhaps show him something

The King’s arm stretched out and stopped the man in his tracks for a moment.

“Wouldn't it be prudent to learn the boy's name first?” The King questioned, mocking the priest for his oversight, the priest’s mind stopped for a second, to let him grasp what the former servant had said.

He then gently shook the boy, who awoke with sleepy eyes.

“Boy, what is your name?”

The boy thought for a second, struggling to recall one of the most basic things about his own existence, and then spoke.

“Shirou… my name is Shirou.” His voice was feeble and hoarse.

The King smirked, there was a foundation there, something he could build upon; Kotomine grabbed the boy from the King’s hand and let his feet touch the churches ground.

“Come with me. I’ll adopt you child.” The priest’s voice seemed devoid of any real emotion, the child stared at him, no real emotion present in his eyes as he calculated the priests offer.

“Ho? Presumptuous, aren't we? Do not forget, that child is mine to do with as I see fit.” The King's cold glare met Kirei's amused eyes, before turning away, to address the child himself.

“Do not forget, boy I was the one who saved you, and thus, your life belongs to me.” The King smirked, provided the boy was given the correct teachings, he could make for a fine subject, and if he impressed him, maybe even a squire.

“Of course.” The boy agreed, far more easily then he had to the priest words.

And the story of the boy called Shirou, began anew.
    Last edited by Sakuraba Haru; December 16th, 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Could be interesting, but paragraphs, use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Shirou as Gils' heir? This'll turn out well...
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the premise of Gil saving Shirou. I do not buy Gil taking Shirou as his son. Eventually maybe, but immediately? No. It stretches my suspension of disbelief. I feel like Gil would see Shirou as something unique in this day and age, and therefore worth saving. Upon Kotomine offering to adopt the boy Gil refuses because it would give Kotomine a claim over something Gil considers his. Thus Gil resigns himself to adopting the boy himself. Insert generousity of a king, et cetera. That seems much more plausible.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; November 24th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    I like the premise of Gil saving Shirou. I do not buy Gil taking Shirou as his son. Eventually maybe, but immediately? No. It stretches my suspension of disbelief. I feel like Gil would see Shirou as something unique in this day and age, and therefore worth saving. Upon Kotomine offering to adopt the boy Gil refuses because it would give Kotomine a claim over something Gil considers his. Thus Gil resigns himself to adopting the boy himself. Insert generousity of a king, et cetera. That seems much more plausible.
    Yeah I thought that would come up... so I could edit it a bit with some guidelines or... I can give this feeble arguement, since Shirou is a unique being that Gil has found and thus Gil wants Shirou as his possession and using the word of Son as this identification since their would be a unconditional association that Shirou is Gil's.

Also @ Leo
    I didn't want to use paragraphs for sake of easier reading for the audience... if you think that's not a good idea tell me so.
    Also I'm adding a note at the top of the page due to insistence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
    Yeah I thought that would come up... so I could edit it a bit with some guidelines or... I can give this feeble arguement, since Shirou is a unique being that Gil has found and thus Gil wants Shirou as his possession and using the word of Son as this identification since their would be a unconditional association that Shirou is Gil's.

Also @ Leo
    I didn't want to use paragraphs for sake of easier reading for the audience... if you think that's not a good idea tell me so.
    Also I'm adding a note at the top of the page due to insistence.
    For me, not having paragraphs makes it harder, not easier. Not sure if that's just me, but I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I like the premise of Gil saving Shirou. I do not buy Gil taking Shirou as his son. Eventually maybe, but immediately? No.
    Yeah, this. Don't get me wrong, it's not the idea in itself. It's more the word. I really doubt Gilgamesh would immediately consider the found orphan his son, let alone his heir - even though he might secretly consider him already like a son/heir -.

He would treat and consider him like his servant. Maybe really fond of him (Gil is fond of his possessions), but only after some time he could admit his real plans for Shirou.

Blog Entries
    Gah, this was going to be part of an edited post but I got taken away from my comp too soon.

Hmm. Gil is pleased that Shirou can replicate his father's armory, but insists that Shirou learn to do something unique. He's Faking his father's power, but that reflects badly on Gil, to have an heir that is a shadow of the father's glory. Thus he pushes Shirou to do something original. Like, to use an old example, arrows with Gae Blog's heart seeking properties, or a weapon with Durandal's unbreakable properties. A Blacksmith King who forges his peerless creations is more suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford
    Yeah, this. Don't get me wrong, it's not the idea in itself. It's more the word. I really doubt Gilgamesh would immediately consider the found orphan his son, let alone his heir - even though he might secretly consider him already like a son/heir -.

He would treat and consider him like his servant. Maybe really fond of him (Gil is fond of his possessions), but only after some time he could admit his real plans for Shirou.
    Agreed. Also, there's the public declaration. Shirou hasn't proved himself yet. Gil claiming a child whose greatest moment was refusing to die? Not worthy of being his heir. It's too much, too soon. Gil should be seeing Shirou for his potential but not revealing his hopes quite yet. He should start with dropping hints.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    For me, not having paragraphs makes it harder, not easier. Not sure if that's just me, but I don't like it.
    Okay my Editor is making paragraph format now. So it'll be up soon, if people prefer line by line here go to Fanfiction.Net since the site auto does it anyway. (BTW haven't uploaded it there yet, and I won't today... probably)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post

Yeah I know... but if at all possible let this slide... once.
    If not... uh, well... add some of Gilgamesh from the Legend and mix it with Nasuverse Gil, since by that logic Gil's Biological Son was just born into his position and didn't do anything...
    If you don't accept the above options... then give me hints on how to rewrite that section.

Sorry for DoublePost.

Let's see... One thing are paragraphs, and another matter is wall of texts. Paragraphs makes a text easier to read, while they aren't too long.

About the story... it picked my interest. Let's see where this go.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Gah, this was going to be part of an edited post but I got taken away from my comp too soon.

Hmm. Gil is pleased that Shirou can replicate his father's armory, but insists that Shirou learn to do something unique. He's Faking his father's power, but that reflects badly on Gil, to have an heir that is a shadow of the father's glory. Thus he pushes Shirou to do something original. Like, to use an old example, arrows with Gae Blog's heart seeking properties, or a weapon with Durandal's unbreakable properties. A Blacksmith King who forges his peerless creations is more suitable.

Agreed. Also, there's the public declaration. Shirou hasn't proved himself yet. Gil claiming a child whose greatest moment was refusing to die? Not worthy of being his heir. It's too much, too soon. Gil should be seeing Shirou for his potential but not revealing his hopes quite yet. He should start with dropping hints.
    Oh by the way, I'll try to keep a 2 chapter lead over myself, the next chapter is already done but unedited and I've planned the basic course of things so far...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
    Yeah I know... but if at all possible let this slide... once.
    I don't know know, what do you say guys, shall we forgive him?

*various nods and mumbles of assent*

Ok, you're forgiven. Keep writing. ;D

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I like this idea and hope this will not die out while I live. Please continue
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    My advice depends on what you plan to do. Are you more or less having Gil declare Shirou his son and skip to the HGW? If so, I guess you do need to be less subtle, but I think you're missing out on oodles of fun scenes to write.

If you're going to document Shirou's development, nix the Son and Heir for now. Shirou's earned Gil's interest, but it's up to Shirou to prove himself worthy of the title of heir. Also, there is a shocking lack of any mention of Enkidu, mister beastman IIRC. Enkidu was born of the dirt I believe, but he still proved himself worthy of Gilgamesh. He was Gilgamesh's most cherished companion. Gil should be thinking of Enkidu and see similar traits in Shirou.

Ooh, an idea. Gilgamesh remembers Enkidu suffering from diseases, but he still fought for what, a full week of divine retribution? But in the end Gilgamesh could do nothing to save Enkidu from the gods. Shirou, however, is not being targeted by a divine entity. Gil sees the similar, makes the connection, and saves Shirou on complete impulse. After the fact, he decides that it would be unworthy of the greatest of kings to do anything by halves and adopts Shirou. Thus Shirou is raised on stories of Enkidu and is determined to live up to the legacy of Gil and/or Enkidu.

If Gil doesn't outright adopt Shirou, Gil recognizing Shirou as his heir should be the moment where Shirou has either proven himself or at least proven that he does have the potential for greatness.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Mh, I agree with Hymn. That could be an idea.

I'm not replacing the role of the author, though. Of course, continue as you want, Virtue.

Btw, I'm wondering... what kind of education will Shirou get, with Gilgamesh as tutor?

Blog Entries
    Yeesh, I did pretty much propose a completely different opening didn't I? That was a bit presumptuous of me. My apologies. Feel free to pick it apart for useful elements as needed.

My point about the lack of Enkidu stands though. There should be more references to him.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Yeesh, I did pretty much propose a completely different opening didn't I? That was a bit presumptuous of me. My apologies. Feel free to pick it apart for useful elements as needed.
    Well, not that much, come on. I don't think Virtue is offended. More than a completely different opening, it could still be integrated in the following chapters (of cpurse, if Virtue wants it, that was my point).

And yeah, since this will be more Gilgamesh's POV than F/SN-F/Z, Enkidu should be mentioned at least once.

Blog Entries
    Paragraphed Format and editted prologue ending to suit you people.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Well, not that much, come on. I don't think Virtue is offended.
    Yeah, but my suggestion would at least necessitate a partial to complete rewrite and potentially force replanning future events and interactions. I felt an apology would be courteous, particularly if he did end up taking offense. We'll see what he thinks when he posts again, I suppose.

More than a completely different opening, it could still be integrated in the following chapters (of cpurse, if Virtue wants it, that was my point).
    True enough, and I hope he does. I'm just not getting a strong King of Heroes vibe from this Gil. Gilgamesh desires and respects only the very best, and I don't feel Shirou meets the cut yet. Calling Shirou Son seems like something that should be reserved for a momentous occasion that validates Shirou's worth and Gil's affection. Until then the more impersonal heir seems appropriate.

As for Gil as a tutor...seems to me like Gil would hire the best for Shirou as is required for Shirou's education, with Kotomine tinkering with their memories as necessary afterwards. Gil would dispense advice when Shirou requires it, but makes it clear how valuable his time is. Shirou shouldn't be Gil's only focus in this new world. So Shirou ends up treasuring his father's time and attention, and considers Gil paying attention proving that he's proving himself worthy.

Eventually this devotion aspect of his personality would have to be beaten out, possibly traumatically, and then Shirou seeks or receives validation from others. That would make him a stronger, more independent figure. I don't think Shirou could ever match Gil for sheer ego if he's anything like his canon self. And did this Shirou still have that moment seeing Kiritsugu? That could change a lot. Hmm.

And yeah, since this will be more Gilgamesh's POV than F/SN-F/Z, Enkidu should be mentioned at least once.
    Agreed.

EDIT: Odd font color that you should get rid of at some point, but that already sounds more like Gilgamesh. It's an improvement.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.