Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the World of rend

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What, the fact that I don't trust Leo after he fucked me over previously means I can't be leader?
    see

2) Everyone is welcome to play, everyone is to stow there baggage upon arrival to the thread.
    what this mean is until your guilty of X problem is demonstrated here you are innocent.

further it's an adviser post, it's designed as a helpful post to the party, it's a grace because I don't have to offer it but because I am and that i'm certain that the other players will want the assistance I presume they won't want you as leader.

And yes I want to join.
    noted lare

but it's a moot point as I have god knows how many other projects right now that take time.
    fair enough

Well, I have good reason to distrust Leo, given what happened with the Reunion RP.
    the only issue that was honestly a bfd imo was the disrespect to milbunk. in any case until someone acts up in my games they've committed no crime.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    what this mean is until your guilty of X problem is demonstrated here you are innocent.
    That doesn't magically make me trust him.

further it's an adviser post, it's designed as a helpful post to the party, it's a grace because I don't have to offer it but because I am and that i'm certain that the other players will want the assistance I presume they won't want you as leader.
    I guess.

Still, why would the party have a "leader" at all? I sure as hell won't obey any leader (either OOCly or ICly)....

the only issue that was honestly a bfd imo was the disrespect to milbunk.
    What, so him deliberately starting a new RP with the specific intent of killing Milbunk's and allowing everyone else to participate whilst ensuring I would not be interested (by deliberately leaving out Sakura despite that making absolutely no sense whatsoever) was perfectly reasonable?

in any case until someone acts up in my games they've committed no crime.
    Sure, and I couldn't say anything about him if he wanted to play. However, I would not trust him as an adviser.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Still, why would the party have a "leader" at all? I sure as hell won't obey any leader (either OOCly or ICly)....
    Were gonna die. Dissent is death. Loyal oppsotion is progress. That which is many and many is weak. That which is many and one is strong.

What, so him deliberately starting a new RP with the specific intent of killing Milbunk's and allowing everyone else to participate whilst ensuring I would not be interested (by deliberately leaving out Sakura despite that making absolutely no sense whatsoever) was perfectly reasonable?
    enh enh unh. Pm I it that has nothing to do with this.

Sure, and I couldn't say anything about him if he wanted to play. However, I would not trust him as an adviser.
    What reason do you have to trust his tactical advice? Please elborate your reasoning with evidence that has nothing to do with the mods Character.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    That doesn't magically make me trust him.
    perhaps not but you might want to get rid of that attitude. while you are sitting here.

good parties run leaders situational wise but a general leader always comes out of the framework eventually. And in this case I mean the informal leader who speaks for the parties general actions after discussion.

What, so him deliberately starting a new RP with the specific intent of killing Milbunk's
    did you read my statement?

and allowing everyone else to participate whilst ensuring I would not be interested (by deliberately leaving out Sakura despite that making absolutely no sense whatsoever) was perfectly reasonable?
    excluding players is a dick move yes but it's not the end of the world. i'm bigger then petty revenge and you should be too.

odd considering that giving advice to a whole party should make you more trusting.

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    Were gonna die. Dissent is death. Loyal oppsotion is progress. That which is many and many is weak. That which is many and one is strong.
    Rubbish. Anyone who just obeys orders without question is an idiot.

But, anyway, I'll probably be playing the monsters, unless there are only three players interested, so it won't matter since I'll be against you.

perhaps not but you might want to get rid of that attitude. while you are sitting here.
    What "attitude"?

good parties run leaders situational wise but a general leader always comes out of the framework eventually. And in this case I mean the informal leader who speaks for the parties general actions after discussion.
    Doesn't everyone RP their own character?

excluding players is a dick move yes but it's not the end of the world. i'm bigger then petty revenge and you should be too.
    It's not "petty revenge", I just don't trust him.

odd considering that giving advice to a whole party should make you more trusting.
    Well, he said he wasn't going to anyway, so....

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar

I'll probably be playing the monsters, unless there are only three players interested, so it won't matter since I'll be against you.
    You art blind he who speaks as if countering me when your words affirm what I say.
    The loyal opposition is progress. That which serves to vet plan while still working with the group. You tone of absolutes is also false. Obeying orders with out question can save lives in the heat of battle when the source is trustworthy. Thus as the loyal opposition you vet the quality of the leader. The Damage six people can working as individual is pathetic comapared to their power when united as a team. This is the basis of human warfare.

What "attitude"?
    The above I believe.

Yeah as a team and group talking to others. You never had a spokesman? Or Tactical Leader?

It's not "petty revenge", I just don't trust him.
    For reason not relating to his practical skill thus something that should be ignored.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh wait you're serious, let me laugh even harder...

What "attitude"?
    the hostility

yes but for the sake of moving as a group announcing group actions and so forth there's a caller within the party for the sake of clarity

Banned
    Blog Entries
    yes but for the sake of moving as a group announcing group actions and so forth there's a caller within the party for the sake of clarity
    I see....

What if a player doesn't agree with what that "caller" has claimed their character will do, though?

Blog Entries
    I see....

What if a player doesn't agree with what that "caller" has claimed their character will do, though?
    the caller is told by the players what they'll be doing in terms of group actions and given that you would use this thread to tell them they would be a record of it

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So, Vahan, are you still interested? If so, we should be able to start, once everyone has made characters....

errr ... would I get dragged out and shot in the back of the head if I say I've never played D&D before and have had no idea what you've all being going on about ;_;
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

Blog Entries
    errr ... would I get dragged out and shot in the back of the head if I say I've never played D&D before and have had no idea what you've all being going on about ;_;

no.

Meh, might as well give it a shot, I'll just take things as they come then, here's what I managed to come up with:

Player: Vahan
    Character: Sonam Narayan
    Height: 5’ 11”
    Weight: 142 lbs
    Eyes: Blue/Silver
    Hair: Bald, black.
    Skin: Tanned.
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Class: Caster
    Job: Buddhist Monk
    Skills: Martial Arts Mastery, Natural Circuit

Stats:
    Hitpoints: 4
    Hit die: d4

Strength: 10
    Dexterity: 10
    Constitution: 10
    Intelligence: 10
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 10
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

Akaska
    Edited and finished

Player:Truthwraith
    Character: Gareth Ebros
    Height:7'3
    Weight: 339 pounds
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Hair: Long Dark Brown
    Skin: Extremely Pale
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Class:Archer
    Job: Wandering Mercenary
    Skills:Improvisational fighting, Combat Evaluation
    Stats
    Hit points:8
    Hit die: 8
    Strength:10
    Dexterity:10
    Constitution:10
    Intelligence:10
    Wisdom:10
    Charisma:10
    Last edited by Truthwraith; June 10th, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
    ...mongrels.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wait, so we have a Neutral Evil guy, a True Neutral guy and a Neutral Good guy?

I think your team will be doing more damage to each other than my monsters will

Akaska
    Ok that is hilarious though the guy I have in mind is more neutral evil from greed then anything. So he at least won't be starting fights.....It is amusing that we manged to make a party of 3 they each have the same alignment on one part of the axis but each one has a diffrent one on the other half even though theres only 3 to choose from.
    Last edited by Truthwraith; June 9th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
    ...mongrels.

Lol, we're all so half-assed we are going to die in our own half-dug graves

Akaska
    Although I did notice something.
    if no one else wants the job then sure

the person playing the monsters doesn't have to build their character til after the first part is over

only the three knight classes have to be summoned, after that we could have all casters or something.
    Archer,Saber,Caster.....we are missing a lancer.
    ...mongrels.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthwraith View Post
    Ok that is hilarious though the guy I have in mind is more neutral evil from greed then anything. So he at least won't be starting fights.....It is amusing that we manged to make a party of 3 they each have the same alignment on one part of the axis but each one has a diffrent one on the other half even though theres only 3 to choose from.
    You're still not likely to get on well with someone who is Neutral Good, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthwraith View Post
    Archer,Saber,Caster.....we are missing a lancer.
    That's for the real Grail War. What he's saying is that, if we have multiple members of the same class, they can be accomodated as long as the final war has at least one of each of the knight classes.

Akaska
    You're still not likely to get on well with someone who is Neutral Good, I suspect.

That's for the real Grail War. What he's saying is that, if we have multiple members of the same class, they can be accomodated as long as the final war has at least one of each of the knight classes.
    Well its a party of 3 with 3 different alignments...What could possibly go wrong? lol and need to stop speed reading tis a habit of mine. Like how this looks in all honesty it's not quite a Roleplay till a drunk giant passes out cold after having a conversation on the the meaning of good and evil with 2 others who are wondering what the hell he is talking about.
    ...mongrels.