Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inner Workings of Souls and Cybernetics

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar

The Inner Workings of Souls and Cybernetics

When the boy was 8 years old, he was in a fire that consumed most of the downtown Shinto of Fuyuki City. It was a terrible accident in which most of the residents were killed and even those who were rescued died soon afterwards from their injuries. There were no survivors except for a boy, and a girl who was found under him as he tried to shield her body from the flames. The lives of these two children were amazingly spared, however the girl was in a coma and never regained consciousness. As for the boy, he was completely paralyzed by the burns at had crippled his body.

When the boy's injuries had healed, he suddenly became aware of the situation and the effects the fire had on his life. His family was in all likelihood dead and even if they weren't the trauma from the flames had erased his memories, leaving him without a way to identify them or his next of kin. It was difficult for the lad to accept all this in his young mind but he tried as best as he could.

It was then that he began to think of the little girl who was sleeping in the bed next to his, this child who was in the same straits as he was, as his only friend in the world. "Please, let her wake up." He prayed that again and again as he was forced to watch her sleep without being able to help her. A while later, the poor girl's condition took a sudden turn for the worse and she was taken to the emergency room.

The next day a doctor came to him and offered him a choice, there was an experimental procedure that will allow them to completely replace his paralyzed body with a synthetic one. Despite to regain some control over his life, he agrees and they begin the operation.

That day a boy known only as Shirou and a girl by the name of Motoko Kusanagi became the first two human cyborgs. Shortly after their operations, they were paired up to provide mental and emotional support as they made their way through the two year physical rehabilitation process. It was the start of a friendship that would last a lifetime, and to the knowledge of a select few, it turned out to be so much more then simply that.

Later on...

Lemon route: Shirou and Motoko become the first recorded instance of a sexual encounter between two cyborgs, it was reported to be "clumsy, awkward, slightly painful at first and totally worth it afterward" by Motoko. They are also the first to realize that having cyber sex with the opposite sex is dangerous, due to the nerve incompatibility between sexes from having some unique organs present in only that sex. It was really, really hot.

Crack route: Starts and proceeds the same as the lemon until Motoko straddles Shirou and proceeds to relieve him of his clothing. Foreplay happens until Motoko realizes a small oversight on her part, their cyber-bodies are not built with perfect human biological accuracy in mind. As both of their bodies are technically lacking the "equipment" needed to have sex she decided to correct this oversight. It ends with her holding a division of scientists at gunpoint while screaming demanding that they create bodies that would allow her to indulge in her more carnal impulses. Shirou gets dragged along so they can get started as soon as the bodies are finished. Fear a sexually frustrated Motoko, fear her.

possible line:

"Make it BIG. Long and thick enough to split me in fucking two! I swear if I'm not satisfied when this is done, I will personally come back here and shove it up your asses until you GET. IT. RIGHT. Do you understand me?" Motoko ranted.

The scientist nodded fearfully in the corner, crying at the abuse from the cyborg teenager as Shirou tried to apologize.

"Now you!" she said pointing at Shirou, "Keep me occupied until they finish, this may take a while."

Shirou knew better then to argue right now...

By mangafreak 9973

*A few hours later*

A slightly irritable Makoto drags herself from her office as she had gotten an earful of Shirou's scolding until a Tachokoma greeted her.

Tachikoma: Hey, Miss Kusanagi!

Makoto: Not right now..., I have a headache.

Tachikoma: But I have something to tell you!, Please, Please, please!

Makoto: Make it quick....

Tachikoma: Why do you dress differently when your brother is around, since Shirou didn't give me an answer when I asked him.

Makoto: You what!

Tachikoma: Yeah, you act differently when you are around him so it is kind of strange, is this what you call sibling love?

Makoto:....

*Later that day, they had found a complete bullet ridden Tachikoma behind a deserted alley, and the other Tachikoma's memory bank doesn't recall anything, except a very distinct fear of formal clothing*

By qsurf

He's the only not terrified of Motoko? Motoko stops wearing her usual clothes when he's around? He comes in one lunchbreak and he -

"Oi, lazy bones, you forgot your lunch again."

"Shir-"

"Don't you 'Shirou' me, this is the third time you did this missy, and the other two times you practically starved yourself at school...remember, Gao-tan?"

"Now wa-"

"Nuh uh, I'm nowhere near done yet Motoko-nee, you seriously need to take care of yourself, Laughing Man or no Laughing Man, you should stop forgetting to eat!"

"Urgh, kill me now."

"And another thing what is it with-"

By mangafreak9973

At least Shirou has a home.

Shirou: Mikoto...

Mikoto: Yeah, Shirou...

Shirou: What is with this house?

Mikoto: You don't like it, We can go to another one.

Shirou: I asked if we could stay over at your place for awhile until I can get a apartment.

Mikoto: Yeah, and?

Shirou: This is the fifth house we've been to.

Mikoto: And...?

Shirou: How much you get paid again?

Mikoto: Psh, Who said I paid for these...

*Shirou sighs and then begins lectures her again*

Mikoto (mumbles): Too much like old times.

By qsurf

Meanwhile the scene is being live streamed back to headquarters and everyone's busting a gut.

You know, he's probably also really dangerous, this Shirou. While he's on duty, he's quiet and chilled, jokes with guys and just generally doesn't seem capable of or even wanting to hurt a fly. Then he's asked by Arakawa himself on the sly to help out Section 9 in their bodyguard duty, he manages to infiltrate as one of the black suited types much to Motoko's amusement and the other guys' stunned disbelief.

"Hey onii-san? Finally decided to stop playing?"

"Oh shush imouto, I'll remain close to our package, you can go ahead and stay mobile."

"Oh? Giving me orders now?"

"Just suggestions Motoko."

"...I've missed you Shirou."

================================

In retrospect, Motoko thought wryly as she looked on to the scene with a bemused half-grin, I should have expected this after the last mission.

And what happened in the last mission? Not much really, other than Shirou going berserk and managing to get in close to one of the latest battle tanks to work his magic...actually hacking into a tank in the field, she always knew that her ‘brother’ wanted to protect her, but that was the first time she had seen the lengths he would go to do so. Her professional side made a note for Shirou to visit the Section’s shrink when he could.

“Shirou! Shirou! Tell us how you did it again! Tell us!”

The whine from one of the Tachikoma, brought Motoko back to the adorable scene before her, with Shirou surrounded by the tanks and a smirking Batou, it was as if he was the father telling his kids (one of them adopted…poor, poor Batou), a particularly good story.

“I concur,” another, this one holding a book nodded. “While the way you got close enough to jump on to the tank could only classified as suicidal, the results you got proved otherwise, as did later diagnostics of the tank’s targeting system. I am curious as how you actually managed it.”

Shirou sighed good-naturedly and rubbed his forehead, “Alright, one more time, but after that, it's maintenance time, alright?”

“YES SIR!” The blue tanks and Batou all saluted at the young man.

“Batou? You too?” her brother’s betrayed face made Motoko giggle a little as she turned around and headed to the lounge, glad that Shirou was now okay.

===============================

By mangafreak9973

*Data corrupted*

*Data salvaging, rebooting*

All I remember was fire, burning flames melting the screaming corpses around me...

I couldn't remember anything, how I managed to get out of my burning house, how I walked what seemed to be miles, how I ended up collapsing as the fire start consuming my body as the other.

Then.

*Pat, grunt, swish**

I feel a painful slap, and patting of a cloth.

Opening my eyes I see, I badly burned boy trying put out the flames that were beginning to consume me with his ruined jacket. I blankly stared at him unable to think and barely breath as he was struggling to put out the small flames that were burning me even if he was getting worse burns in the process.

* Shatter, several wooden structures fell, while not directly on top of us, the hot sparks and splinters shatter like shrapnel*

"Watch out"

I felt a heavy weight fell on top me as the jacket covered my face as if to choke me to death.

Then everything went black.

By qsurf

Motoko gasped as she woke up, slowly sitting up as she fought her body for the first time in months, her breathing was heavy, almost panicked. Before she knew it, she was up and walking around her apartment, looking around her home for something and as she saw her phone, she knew just what it was.

Ring, ring.

There was a reason why she and Shirou once slept together so often, before the therapists separated them, ‘for their own good’. They were always close, closer than siblings, closer than lovers even, and everyone had called it ‘weird’, ‘unhealthy’.

“Motoko…”

They needed each other.

“Shirou…”

They lived for each other.

“…nightmares?”

While Shirou saved Motoko’s life in that blaze…

“…yeah.”

Motoko also saved Shirou’s life…

“I know this bar that’s open now.”

…she was what he needed to protect, and to do that, he needed to stay alive…

“I’ll be sleeping at your place, we have long day tomorrow.”

…she needed to be there for Shirou, to keep him alive, he would not be another Kuze.

“Ah alright, nee-san.”

They will always be closer than siblings, closer than lovers.

=============================

By Riven

"So wait a minute. We're not taking this job alone?" asked Batou, scratching his head in confusion. "Why? It seems like something that's right up Section 9's alley."

Aramaki sighed. "The top brass is interested in making sure that this particular agent is on the case. Apparently he has prior experience with the target."

"Well, who is this guy? Can we trust him?" questioned Saito.

"Tch" snorted Paz, "If the top brass is sending him then I'd be checking your wallets every five minutes."

"Now now" insisted Aramaki, trying to calm them down. "This man is apparently a top agent with an exemplary record. He's seen combat in the Peninsula and several other conflicts during the past few years." He glanced towards the blue spiderlike robot int he corner. "Tachikoma! Call in Agent Archer!"

"Yes Sir!" it chirped before heading off.

Suddenly, a door above them opened, revealing a very tired Motoko Kusanagi, who had just finished checking through all the hefty files related to their target. "Hey guys. What's happened so recently that's got you all on edge?" she asked, reading the atmosphere in the room.

There was a bit of a pause in the conversation. "HQ apparently wants us to act as backup for one of their cleaners instead of taking down the target ourselves. They say it's because he has more experience with the target, but you can bet your ass that it's because they want to claim the op for themselves."

"Hunh, is the agent any good?"

Togusa shrugged. "We're not sure yet. He apparently has a good record, but you know HQ with these things. They can be faked." He ran his hand through his hair. "Whoever this Agent Archer guy is we're gonna have to see for ourselves."

Motoko smiled. "Well, we can at least give him the--" Suddenly her smile vanished, replaced by a look of shock. "Wait. Did you just say Agent Archer!?" She demanded, slamming her hands down on the table.

Most of the others looked rather confused at the reaction. "Umm...yea. Something the matter Major?"

"Oh no..." she groaned, covering her face with her hand. "You don't have to worry about trustworthiness then. This guy is--"

"Are you going to do the introductions for me Motoko-nee?" laughed a voice from the other side of the room.

All heads, except for the Major's, turned to see the rather well built, red headed man walk into the room. He was wearing a business suit and had a relaxed expression on his face. "A shame" he smirked. "I do like doing my own introductions. It's a fun experience." He bowed to Aramaki. "Chief Aramaki. It will be a pleasure working with you."

"Ah...Yes of course" said the Chief quickly, eyeing the Major's still rather perplexed look. "By any chance, Agent Archer, are you familiar with Major Kusanagi?"

"Familiar? Why of course" he laughed again. "After all, she's--"

Motoko raised a hand to cut him off. "Thanks, but I got this" she sighed. The man smiled and motioned for her to take over.

She took a deep breath and said. "Guys, may I introduce you to Agent Archer, also known as Shirou Kusanagi...my brother."

There was a very, very pregnant pause. Several jaws fell open. Amidst the awkward silence the man known as Shirou looked at Motoko with a playful expression and asked, "I do hope you've been eating properly Nee-san. Don't tell me you've roped some poor kid into doing your cooking for you just because you're a workaholic."

Motoko was about to deny everything when the tension in the air was released, explosively.

"WHAT THE HELL!?"

When not out in the field Shirou is one of the lead mechanics for the Moon Cell, a mecha maintenance and rehabilitation base. They specialize in cyber vehicles that have been physically damaged or are experiencing programing errors beyond the ability for their own Sectors to repair. Shirou himself is the Chief Engineer for the "Special Cases" division, which are forced encouraged to take on the bat shit crazy more difficult cases of personality defects. Before he was transferred to Section 9 temporarily he had a full case load of SC mechas.

These include a...
    Mk.6 Caster: Cyber Warfare Tachikoma, who believes herself to be Tamamo-no-Mae and has decided that Shirou is now her master and husband. Has recently started wearing a pink wig, fox tail and ears, as well as a tachikoma size kimono modified for the extra legs... Well played Tohsaka, well played.

Mk.4 Drake: Digger Wasp, who has adopted the persona of the famous privateer Sir Francis Drake and spends a questionable amount of ammunition when on the practice range. Recommended interaction between Caster and Drake or Nero should be kept to a minimum.

Mk.1 Nero: Kenbishi Light Weight Tank, was admitted to Moon Cell due to problems with its prototype personality matrix. Claims to be the Roman empress Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, displays hedonist tendencies and painted itself red. Proclaimed Chief Kusanagi her "Praetor" after its first maintenance and refuses to let anyone else operate on it.

Fuyuki Tiger: Close Combat Tachikoma, one of the bases own spider tanks. There isn't a problem per say, the staff are just tired of it throwing tantrums when called "Tiger". Damn it Tohsaka, why did you have to paint orange and black strips on it!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    When not out in the field Shirou is one of the lead mechanics for the Moon Cell, a mecha maintenance and rehabilitation base. They specialize in cyber vehicles that have been physically damaged or are experiencing programing errors beyond the ability for their own Sectors to repair. Shirou himself is the Chief Engineer for the "Special Cases" division, which are forced encouraged to take on the bat shit crazy more difficult cases of personality defects. Before he was transferred to Section 9 temporarily he had a full case load of SC mechas.

These include a...
    Mk.6 Caster: Cyber Warfare Tachikoma, who believes herself to be Tamamo-no-Mae and has decided that Shirou is now her master and husband. Has recently started wearing a pink wig, fox tail and ears, as well as a tachikoma size kimono modified for the extra legs... Well played Tohsaka, well played.

Mk.4 Drake: Digger Wasp, who has adopted the persona of the famous privateer Sir Francis Drake and spends a questionable amount of ammunition when on the practice range. Recommended interaction between Caster and Drake or Nero should be kept to a minimum.

Mk.1 Nero: Kenbishi Light Weight Tank, was admitted to Moon Cell due to problems with its prototype personality matrix. Claims to be the Roman empress Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, displays hedonist tendencies and painted itself red. Proclaimed Chief Kusanagi her "Praetor" after its first maintenance and refuses to let anyone else operate on it.

Fuyuki Tiger: Close Combat Tachikoma, one of the bases own spider tanks. There isn't a problem per say, the staff are just tired of it throwing tantrums when called "Tiger". Damn it Tohsaka, why did you have to paint orange and black strips on it!
    So with the help of the other tanks, in that division those four managed to escape?

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    Subscribed. Too good and too much potential to not do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

I might add a little something...watch this space ^^
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Agent Archer. You know it's funny but when I hear that name, I imagine Shirou acting like Sterling Archer from Archer.

As for Lurk's post about the SC Tachikomas, what connection does Rin have to Shirou?
    Last edited by warellis; June 9th, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    As for Lurk's post about the SC Tachikomas, what connection does Rin have to Shirou?
    Rin heads up the Moon Cell's R&D division and is a rival of sorts to Shirou. When she heard that he can fix just about any mechaical problem she took it upon herself to screw with him by egging on the SC mechas behavior, she's the one who got Caster the giant kimono and wig. Caren is the bases cyber therapist with Iskansder as the base commander... Lancer is the janitor. Basically Moon Cell is where they send anyone who's too excentric to go anywhere else, exept for Issei god knows the place needs a good task manager.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Rin heads up the Moon Cell's R&D division and is a rival of sorts to Shirou. When she heard that he can fix just about any mechaical problem she took it upon herself to screw with him by egging on the SC mechas behavior, she's the one who got Caster the giant kimono and wig. Caren is the bases cyber therapist with Iskansder as the base commander... Lancer is the janitor. Basically Moon Cell is where they send anyone who's too excentric to go anywhere else, exept for Issei god knows the place needs a good task manager.
    This... this sounds absolutely hilarious.

And Iskander? Truly this place is full of amazing and awesome people.

Poor Issei...
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
    This... this sounds absolutely hilarious.

And Iskander? Truly this place is full of amazing and awesome people.

Poor Issei...
    Is this Extra Rin or FSN Rin if its the latter then the whole Moon Cell Division is ruined,

Should we have Fem MC and Male MC as Shirou's ex-partners?

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    Highly unlikely, given what's been stated, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    now that I think about this throughly, how does someone like Lancer and Iskander get into the GITS verse?

Besides they are not native to japan to begin with so even if they do exist they have to be a part of a international unit.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Is this Extra Rin or FSN Rin if its the latter then the whole Moon Cell Division is ruined
    Yes~
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793
    The twins are Shirou's assistant's/apprentice's.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    now that I think about this throughly, how does someone like Lancer and Iskander get into the GITS verse?

Besides they are not native to japan to begin with so even if they do exist they have to be a part of a international unit.
    Modern day counterpart I would imagine. This is a crossover, that really isn't important.

Moon cell would have to be international given it's operational focus.