Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2 Upgrade Complete.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4.2 Upgrade Complete.

As you well can tell, the forums are now back in operating condition.

Most of the changes are minor stuff, though obviously you guys note the Articles tab is now gone (until we actually begin using them, anyway...), that the Activity Ticker is now the default mainpage, and that there's now a doublepost prevention in place - any back-to-back posts within 10 minutes or so (for now) will be merged. Values will be changed if we see people beginning to wait 11 minutes or whatever so they can keep doubleposting.

Fire away with the comments, questions, or wishes to marry me and have my babies.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    any back-to-back posts within 10 minutes or so (for now) will be merged
    OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THANKS.

Blog Entries
    Changed tab arrangement; made Forums the default tab now (so now, going to forums.nrvnqsr.com should kick you right to the forums once more).
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One really annoying thing, though: can you make profile links default to visitor messages, instead of user activity stuff? I doubt a whole lot of people are going to visit a person's profile for that, and it'll always be secondary to visitor messages.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Not so sure about that, but I'll look into it. I've found how to rearrange the tabs, but not how to make that tab the default just yet.

EDIT: Done, but to do it, you made me have to write a plugin AND edit a template. You'd better be goddamn happy.

If not, I'll teach you to be happy. I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs.
    Last edited by Dark Pulse; June 10th, 2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: And I mean it. You'd better be happy!

Old Quote Crap!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    wishes to marry me and have my babies.
    I couldn't POSSIBLY do so... in public anyway.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I couldn't POSSIBLY do so... in public anyway.
    I'm not that kind of exhibitionist. We can always go to a bedroom.

Old Quote Crap!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's always IVF if you live too far away from each other to make it feasible.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    there's now a doublepost prevention in place - any back-to-back posts within 10 minutes or so (for now) will be merged. Values will be changed if we see people beginning to wait 11 minutes or whatever so they can keep doubleposting.
    Well, there are some instances where double-posting is actually necessary (for example, posting story chapters), albeit not generally within 10 minutes, so you should be careful about that. Also, what would happen if the combined posts were too long to fit into a single post (which would be the one occasion I could see good reason for double-posting in short order, although it's hard to see why that would be the case in the forum)? Also, does the new post get the timestamp of the first one, or the second one? Because sometimes a post edit will get missed due to everyone having already read the post, and if it's important enough then that might be why the person double-posted.

Blog Entries
    this new whats new function confuses and infuriates me
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I honestly dislike the "My Activity" addition...is there some way to change the settings to only allow friends to see it or something?
    The "What's New?" changing the way it did also bugs me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Changed tab arrangement; made Forums the default tab now (so now, going to forums.nrvnqsr.com should kick you right to the forums once more).
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    On the same vein as mike, will merged doubleposts still bump the thread/show there's new content? Particularly for RPs when announcements are made.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    It only goes for 10 minutes, so if you go post something new a day later, you wouldn't have to worry about a merge cock blocking your bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want to see how merged doubleposts work

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm doubleposting

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is this updated thing automatic?

- - - Updated - - -

Just testing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty lulzy

- - - Updated - - -

Does this trigger subscription notifications?

- - - Updated - - -

LOOK AT ME I'M A SPAMMER RAWR
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    or wishes to marry me and have my babies.
    huge gif

not really
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Blog Entries
    T-tonnura-san?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, there are some instances where double-posting is actually necessary (for example, posting story chapters), albeit not generally within 10 minutes, so you should be careful about that. Also, what would happen if the combined posts were too long to fit into a single post (which would be the one occasion I could see good reason for double-posting in short order, although it's hard to see why that would be the case in the forum)? Also, does the new post get the timestamp of the first one, or the second one? Because sometimes a post edit will get missed due to everyone having already read the post, and if it's important enough then that might be why the person double-posted.
    You can't be that kind of careful with machine-enforced systems. They work on their own.
    In general, you can trust the developers to not be idiots, anyways. If they really need to double post, they can wait 10min.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    You can't be that kind of careful with machine-enforced systems. They work on their own.
    Well, yes, which is why I'm not sure about "machine-enforced systems" in general.

In general, you can trust the developers to not be idiots, anyways. If they really need to double post, they can wait 10min.
    That's not always true, though, particularly if you're posting large amounts of material (e.g. fic chapters). I don't think it's reasonable to just expect everyone to wait 10 minutes in all circumstances.