Thread: Holy Grail War: Seattle - a Fate/Stay Night Quest from /tg/

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar

Holy Grail War: Seattle - a Fate/Stay Night Quest from /tg/

I found this interesting little quest on 4chan's Traditional Gaming archives the other day, and it was surprisingly well-planned. Puerile in places, and full of stupid humor, but rather well put together. I thought I'd link to it here, for good posterity's sake and to see if what folks' feedback was.

Quest Thread are, for the record, a Play-by-Post format in which a game-master runs and describes the plot like a tabletop GM, while the players post suggestions to influence the decisions the characters make. EGO is our GM, and a damned good one, at that.

Holy Grail War: Seattle

The Planning Phase
    Planning, Part 1
    Planning, Part 2
    Planning, Part 3

The Quest Proper
    Holy Grail War Seattle, Part 1
    Holy Grail War Seattle, Part 2
    Holy Grail War Seattle, Part 3
    Holy Grail War Seattle, Part 4
    Holy Grail War Seattle, Part 5
    Holy Grail War Seattle, Part 6
    Holy Grail War Seattle, Part 7

As well, there's a little side-story quest set 10 years into the future.

Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 1
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 2: Exploding Hobos and the Vegetarian Executor.
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 3: Hating On Catholics Is A Proud Magi Tradition
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 4: Your Ex Is A Werewolf
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 5: Pool Parties Make Existential Angst All Better
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 6: You Done Goofed And People Are Dead
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 7: Marty Stu's Weasel Makes Me Feel All Better
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 8: Nobody Talks Shit About My Waifus And Lives
    Nasuverse Side Story: Canis Rising 9: In Which We Abruptly End To Set The Stage For Future Plans

This time around:
    Spoiler:
    David is the protagonist, Atalanta & Eliza are living as his parents, and David is working himself towards a Shirou-like hero complex.

What do folks think?
    Last edited by LunarLegend; July 21st, 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Welp, considering I live about an hour north of Seattle I'm going to have to give these a read.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It's funny, I've always thought that if I wrote a not-Heaven's Feel Grail War, it would be set in Seattle. Mainly because Seattle is the sister city to Kobe, the place Fuyuki is based on. Also, yeah, live nearby, so, easy to come up with stuff.

I forgot how fucking annoying reading 4chan threads is.

Asshats don't cease when they die but after folk forget what made them fun LunarLegend's Avatar
    There was another thread this week. THis week and every subsequent week thereafter, I'll update this thread, for those with an interest.

The side quest just concluded! What do you guys think?

Not bad. I felt the voices were pushing a little too strongly towards a harem end (because what is Anonymous on the internet but a horny and emotionally stunted manchild), but the dynamics between the main cast felt largely believable.

I felt the ending was a little too rushed. We go from a climactic, traumatic moment to a finale in which we're told all of the really neat plot element bits? WTF?

Overall, I like EGO as a quest-leader and look forward to the next Holy Grail War quest, though I hope we'll get a bit better of a resolution (and less immature antics)

Living Dead Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarLegend View Post
    Not bad. I felt the voices were pushing a little too strongly towards a harem end (because what is Anonymous on the internet but a horny and emotionally stunted manchild), but the dynamics between the main cast felt largely believable.

I felt the ending was a little too rushed. We go from a climactic, traumatic moment to a finale in which we're told all of the really neat plot element bits? WTF?

Overall, I like EGO as a quest-leader and look forward to the next Holy Grail War quest, though I hope we'll get a bit better of a resolution (and less immature antics)
    >less immature
    >Anons in a Quest

Everybody gets one. If there is the most remote possibility that a harem can be formed, Anon will take that chance.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    EGO also made an actual second season. You can find at the end of the archive here:
    HGW Seattle archive on sup/tg/
    Haven't read it myself though, so I don't know how good it is.

You might also care about this thing
    Fate/Stay Again
    It's an attempt to take another go at FSN with the premise that anon controls Shirou more or less completely and can, to the extent of the RP being valid, metagame. It's basically "What if Shirou was a lot sharper". It seems to have ended abruptly though, which is strange, because the last thread is bananas.
    Last edited by Ratman; December 23rd, 2012 at 03:18 PM.