Thread: Hospital food sucks.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hospital food sucks.

Hospital food sucks.

I’ve been in and out of the hospitals in London for over the last year. My studies have suffered, but my magic has been spotty at best for nine months, so I don’t really care. I’m just glad they never found the bodies or the letters. Emiya doesn’t need anyone kicking down his door.

I stare out the window at the night sky, not really seeing it. Truth be told, my life has been something of a waste. I followed in my father’s footsteps, but that’s only made me the perfect idiot. If I could do it all again, I’d tell him to cram magic so far up his ass you'd see the kaleidoscope shining out his ears. Fuck him, and fuck Zelretch. Magic is pointless, and I hate the inhumanity of it all.

There’s a wet heat on my face. The old me would've blamed the ceiling being leaky or some other crap, but I don’t care enough to deny my tears, and there's no one here to see me anyway. Magic only ever gave me one good thing and, selfish as it is, I would trade all the world and my soul to have it back. To have him back.

Archer. That snarky, rude, overconfident, overprotective, cynical bastard. But, he was my bastard, and before I realised it, he was gone. Then it was over, and I was quickly thrust from my happiness into this lonely hell. I’m not sure when Ilyasviel died, exactly, but the letter had the funeral as a Tuesday. I couldn’t go. Sakura died, a year later. The letter telling me of Sakura's death came about three years after she was gone and buried. That was a month ago.

I snapped.

Luviagelita Edelfelt, a person who I honestly admire.

Make that "admired". I admired her. She’s gone now, thanks to my mistake. If she were here, she'd probably tell me there’s another way- hell she’d make another way. She'd disguise me as one of her servants or something. God I miss her, she really was my best friend. But she was a friend who would have tried within the system; I couldn’t have taken that risk even if I had been sane.

It’s taken the last two weeks of sleepless nights and backfires, but I’ve finally figured out the only other good thing magic will give me. I honestly thought I would hesitate- well, admittedly, it’s not like I have much to lose if I fail now. This must've been the same feeling Emiya had, this strange confidence that you find when you have nothing left.

No, not even Emiya was ever this stupid.

I open the large window. The cool air breezes in, and the city of London becomes clear to me. It’s a nice last memory, as these things go. It’s a beautiful place, but I’m not sure I ever liked the city. Backing away from the view, I go back to my training. I modulate my breathing, find my center. The spell requires the utmost concentration. Luckily, those idiots gave me a private room.

The spell takes thirty minutes, and thirty four of the thirty five jewels I had left, but it’ll be worth it to stop those bastards. They force the door open. I heard them coming long ago. My reflexes save the day, and the ruby I threw explodes in the doorway, fire rushing down both ends of the hallway, giving me precious seconds to leap out the window.

I wasn’t in a hospital gown then, but he still would have caught me if I had been.

There’s no one to catch me now- not even the softest memories could break my fall. The spell triggers. As usual, with anything I find important it’s too late. Two and a half seconds late, to be exact, but still late. The sound is that of an explosion; a big one, using my body as a silencer.

The pain is gone instantly. I don’t even feel my body hit the ground. The crest dies out, just as I planned, but I don’t die right then. As the life fades from me, he appears. He isn’t himself; his question is blunt, emotionless.

I will give you what you desire. In return, you will serve.

The world stands before me in his form. If I could move, I’d slug it. Still, what do I have to lose? Given what I learned upon coming to the clock tower, the idea of becoming a Counter Guardian seems like a good thing. I’m already willing to kill to change things, to see him.

“Yes.” The word sounds more like a gurgle. I taste blood. “Summoned as a Servant. Want to save them."

I don't bother to explain. Couldn't, even if I wanted to. The thing standing there is a part of me anyway; a part of us all. It knows.

He nods, and I lose my sight. I’ll wait for my chance for a do-over. I suppose I won't be allowed to yell at Archer when I see him again, though.

My curiosity gets the better of me. I wonder which Servant I'll be. The answer makes me laugh.

I hope I'll get Saber.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rin as a Saber is an oddly attractive idea . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, interesting.

It's a little confusing what, exactly, is going on here. Rin has obviously snapped after hearing that Sakura died and killed Luvia somehow, but it's not clear what else is going on here.

Well, she's becoming a Counter Guardian, but what lead up to this is a bit confusing, yes.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

What lead up to it is death, it reads to me.

Deaths of Archer, Ilya, Sakura, Luvia, all except Shirou.

I have to wonder if we're meant to conclude the 'my magic has been spotty for nine months' is a veiled reference to pregnancy. If so, it seems there is one more death that drove Rin to do this: her child. Who is the father? With the name-drop of Zelretch, it makes me think of an alternate reality Archer.

Blog Entries
    That's not really the vibe I got; it probably has more to do with her blaming him for Jewel Magic in general. I'm really looking forward to this as well. The play between her and Archer is going to be intense.

I wonder what that final spell she used did? It was apparently a big enough event that Alaya noticed.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, Zelretch is the patron of the Tohsaka family, magically speaking, so she's essentially saying "fuck all this magic shit, it's ruined my life".

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to wonder if we're meant to conclude the 'my magic has been spotty for nine months' is a veiled reference to pregnancy.
    nope. nothing like that here

I wonder what that final spell she used did?
    internal power reaction spell, she forcibly overloaded it. the impressive part is that she designed it to do so without assistance
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.