Page 1 of 11 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Postbellum RP

Blog Entries

Postbellum RP

Notes: Inspired by Maoyuu, Crusader Kings 2, and a lot of other junk.

“The end of the war happened in an instant.

While there will always be conflict between we humans and the vile demons that plague our world, in that instant, everything changed. It was a brief shining moment as the Blessed Light guided our sights to the center of the raging battlefield, greater than any seen before. This was the battle that raged through the six lands, a maelstrom circling around the Demon Emperor and the Hero. Theirs was a titanic battle that shook the lands, the seas, and the skies.

But it all ended in that moment, when the Hero killed the Demon Emperor. It was a brief, shining moment that was to have led to our victory, but the enemy had one last hand to play. In his death throes, the enemy uttered one last curse at our beloved Hero. In his final act, the Demon Emperor enveloped his material form with all the evils of the world… and shattered the land.

That is how the island of Evil’s End came to be, through the destruction of the rest of the continent—along with our greatest champions. It was a horrifying, I tell you now, to have half a nation destroyed and sunken into the black deeps. In the ensuing chaos, the world was wrapped in a terrible veil of black clouds for one hundred days and one hundred nights. The air choked, the water poisoned, and the earth dead.

When our forces were finally able to regroup, the greatest army of humanity had been burned to ashes and our greatest champion was missing. But he had struck the last blow, which ended evil’s terrible reign,” the clergyman exclaimed again to the crowd of youths and hopefuls. Each of the eyes of his audience was alit with a thirst for the wealth and prestige that the man’s words seemed to promise. He cried to the crowds, “Aye, it is now up to you to reclaim the lands that the Hero had fought for. The kings call for you! The Kingdoms need you! I want you for the coming crusade!”

With his speech done, the priest stepped off his podium with practiced ease. He seemed to have done this speech many times, and you could feel a stirring in your heart. It was a strange feeling, but what did you know of war propaganda? And yet, you feel special, as if you could become the next Hero… or something.

Who knows? This was a time of strife, but also a time of the greatest opportunities. Neither the human forces nor the demonic forces had the numbers or the power to muster up a decisive army to end this seemingly eternal conflict.

The power vacuum left by the millions who died in the final battle between the Lost Hero and the Demon Emperor caused many changes in the world. There were positions and places of power left vacant, riches beyond measure to be taken, and thousands of voices crying out to be saved… or to be snuffed out.

And amidst all this, you wonder what your place in the greater scheme of things would be? But then, only you would know.

The choice is yours.

Current World Map
    Spoiler:

Notes: I’ve simplified the classification of difficulty levels of opponents and NPCs to Nonexistent [-3], Easy [-2], Minor Threat [-1], Equal [0], Greater Threat [1], Very Challenging [2], Impossible [3]. Attribute points are gained through completing challenging missions and events, or through achievements. Skills are progressed by utilizing against challenges of the difficulty level Equal or above. Player classes are changed by which skills/abilities are progressed and learned. All skills/abilities can be learned.

Character Sheet
    Name: (Given Name, Family Name)
    Class: (Choose One of Five Archetypes Below)
    Appearance: (Hair Color, Eye Color, Skin Tone, Facial Features, Birth Marks, Default Expression)
    Body Type: (Choose One of Below)
    Chubby Body Type (-2 Dexterity, +2 Health)
    Muscular Body Type (-1 Magic, -1 Intellect, +1 Strength, +1 Health)
    Agile Body Type (-1 Strength, -1 Health, +2 Dexterity)
    Shut-in Body Type (-1 Dexterity, -1 Strength, +2 Intellect)
    Lean Body Type (-1 Will Power, -1 Magic, +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity)
    Back Story: (Optional)
    Starting Location: Wealthy Port Town OR Isolated Mountain Village OR Chaotic Capitol City
    Personal Wealth: (Roll d20)
    Personal Items: (Roll d6)

Squire
    Spoiler:
    As a youth, you have yearned to have the martial prowess of a knight. While serving the warriors of the realm, you learned to hone what skills you could by watching them. After hitting your growth spurt, you found yourself able to match the least of these warriors in stamina and strength. This was enough to convince yourself that you were ready to seek out your fortunes on your own.

Attributes
    Magic: 0/5
    Health: 2/5
    Intellect: 0/5
    Strength: 2/5
    Dexterity: 1/5
    Will Power: 0/5

Skills
    Fighting – E: You have learned how to correctly swing, thrust, and block. You are capable of handling most simple weapons without looking like a fool, which is more than what most could say of themselves.
    Maintenance – E: You have learned after long hours of how to keep most basic armors and weapons from getting damaged from misuse. Not only that, at least you also know how to use your equipment without damaging them unnecessarily.
    First Aide – E: You are capable of patching up most minor wounds.

Abilities
    Sweep – E: A basic weapon skill that hits nearby opponents.
    Thrust – E: A basic weapon skill that pierces physical defenses.
    Block – E: A basic maneuver that prevents you from being hit.
    Repair – E: A basic maintenance skill that allows you to patch up nearly broken weapons for one more fight.
    First Aide – E: With the necessary materials, you can heal minor wounds and poisons.

Rogue
    Spoiler:
    As a youth, you had a way with words and you were always a step ahead of the other children. You were a good shot with the short bow, skilled with the sling shot, and more than good enough to know how to put a small, pointy-end in another man’s back. But you were far from the best. It is perhaps because you were caught for anything from ‘borrowing’ something to having a tumble with a pretty lass that you soon found yourself need to leave your home for your safety.

Attributes
    Health: 0/5
    Intellect: 1/5
    Strength: 1/5
    Dexterity: 2/5
    Will Power: 1/5

Skills
    Silver Tongue – E: You have learned how to lie well, but you are also able to use the truth to coerce others do to what you want, such as coaxing a buxom barmaid into your stack of hay.
    Marksman – E: You are well practiced with the sling shot, and have some skill with the short bow. Though your accuracy with targets at further distances needs work, you could easily live off of the land with this skill.
    Thievery – E: Your hands are quick and agile. If you are careful enough you could the pockets of the unwitting.

Abilities
    Coerce – E: A basic ability that is able to bluff, intimidate, or trick those with a difficulty level of [-3] or less.
    Hawkeye – E: A basic shooting ability that will almost always hit where you want to hit.
    Sneak – E: A basic stealth skill that allows you to bypass some threats.
    Lock Pick – E: You have some knowledge of how basic locks work.
    Light Fingers – E: Your fingers are very nimble.

Monk
    Spoiler:
    As a youth, you were sent away to a monastery away from your parents. You knew not what normal children did at your age, but you learned how to call upon divine energies to your aide, through will and through prayer. But you were not a good student, too fidgety to sit still and pour through dusty tomes for the rest of your life. So you set off after picking up a trick or two along the way, to do good in the world, or whatever it is you wanted away from those stuffy, old men.

Attributes
    Intellect: 2/5
    Strength: 0/5
    Dexterity: 1/5
    Will Power: 2/5

Skills
    Blessed Light – E: You have studied since you were young, learning not the secrets of the world but how to call upon them to your aide. This holy light can banish many ailments and could be used to strengthen yourself.
    Pugilist – E: You picked this skill up off of a stranger in a tavern in the middle of nowhere. Your hands are now able weapons as strong as iron, and you know the basic moves pertaining to striking with the fist.
    Learned – E: You are able to read your own language and know the basic history of most of the world, according to the authorities in your homeland.

Abilities
    Blessed Healing – E: A basic skill that heals small cuts, indigestion, and a minor illnesses.
    Blessed Protection – E: A basic skill that protects your hands with a thin layer of divine energy.
    Punch – E: A basic striking skill using the fist.
    Endure – E: A basic skill that allows you to take a hit or two without feeling it.
    Languages – E: You can read and write your own language.

Sorcerer
    Spoiler:
    As a youth, you were gifted with manipulation of energy. With a severe lack of tutelage in your immediate area and being far too poor to hire a court wizard to teach you the ropes, you had to keep your gifts a secret or face prosecution. But you were fascinated with your powers, finding that starting fires without flint being far too useful to do without. So you practiced in secret. One thing led to another, and soon everyone in the village knew you were a literally playing with fire. So it was either be tarred and feathered before being drowned, or get the hell out of dodge.

Attributes
    Magic: 2/5
    Intellect: 1/5
    Dexterity: 0/5

Skills
    Elementalist – E: You are capable of making a ball of one of the five basic elements within your palm and propel it at your targets, never missing unless they are magically protected.
    Element Skinned – E: You are able to wrap one of the five basic elements around you to make a thin layer of protection against most things.

Abilities
    Element Ball – E: A basic spell, costing no magic power, conjures a ball of Fire, Water, Rock, Wind, or Arcane in one hand to be propelled at a target.
    Element Skin – E: A basic spell, costing no magic power, conjures a protective skin of Fire, Water, Rock, Wind, or Arcane in front of you.
    Ray of Light – E: A basic spell that makes a thin beam of light.
    Ball of Light – E: A basic spell that makes an illuminating ball of light in your palm that is brighter than mundane torches.
    First Aide – E: With the necessary materials, you can heal minor wounds and poisons.

Scholar
    Spoiler:
    As a youth, you were the studious one of the family. You often wondered about the mysteries of the world, but you also learned from the lessons of life practical to your use. Thus you knew what all the rules were and you knew how to bend them. But you liked to learn, so when you had chanced upon a rare book or two, you quickly buried yourself in these treasure troves. But there is so much to learn in the world, and your home offered so little. So you set off, attentive to your surroundings.

Attributes
    Health: 1/5
    Intellect: 2/5
    Dexterity: 0/5

Skills
    Detective – E: The hours you have poured through the books have taught you well on paying attention to the smaller details. You may notice things that others do not, and you might connect the dots better than others.
    Learned – E: You are able to read your own language and know the basic history of most of the world, according to the authorities in your homeland.

Abilities
    Quick Learning – E: A basic skill that you have learned to apply to all things, after figuring out a way to best learn for yourself.
    Memorization – E: A basic skill that allows you to gain skills faster.
    Evaluation – E: A basic skill attained upon an understanding of the value of currency and economics. You can better guess the true value of things, and thus get a better deal.
    Languages – E: You can read and write your own language.
    Last edited by deviatesfish; June 18th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

Ooooooooh ... something original, sounds interesting. Sign me up. Now all I have to do is make the choice between Rouge or Scholar
    I really have to stop signing up to new RP's, I have enough as it is ;_;
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

Blog Entries
    Sounds interesting and I'm thinking of going with a Monk or Squire.
    Edit.
    Actually Sorcerer it is.
    Last edited by Yun; June 18th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    To anyone interested, please make a profile, and I'll pick! I guess I'd like to kind of balance the genders and stuff...

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Interested!

Making profile now!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle HolySeraph's Avatar
    I'll see what I can brainstorm then.

So, first query of the day, can anyone learn Magic, given time? or is it just those of us that become Sorcerers?
    "An A+-Rank in Imagination, a D-Rank in Writing and an E-Rank in Luck ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Personal Note: Somehow create own RP when/if I get to 2000* Posts ... that won't crash and burn on the first day after weeks of planning.

"Insufficiently analyzed genius is indistinguishable from insanity ... nishishi~"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahan View Post
    So, first query of the day, can anyone learn Magic, given time? or is it just those of us that become Sorcerers?
    I think so considering "Player classes are changed by which skills/abilities are progressed and learned. All skills/abilities can be learned." from the OP post.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do we PM our profiles to you, Fish, or do we just post them here?

Sorcerer class? More like Shounen Class.

Wrap yourself in fire and punch people with your hotblooded fist.

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oheyhey looks cool!

Can I get a spot?

Current Fanfics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have decided on a Scholar.

We need a balanced number, so it wouldn't do to have no squires or rogues...

Well, I'm stuck between my Shounen Scholar, or my roughish ... Rouge, time to do some background writing and see who I'd rather have.

Blog Entries
    I'm going with Sorcerer if anyone was leaning between it and another class, assuming they care about duplicate starting classes.

Blog Entries
    I'm definitely starting as a Rogue, but I guess I could be a Monk or something if need be.

How many males are there so far?

Current Fanfics:

Well, both of mine are males, so it doesn't matter which I pick it's one for the Men's side.

although don't blame me if I change my mind, a female Rogue might be nice.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm a guy. I just can't seem to write female characters well...

That's it! Next RP I join, I'm making a female character!

Blog Entries
    Mine is pretty gender neutral atm, so I could go either way.

Current Fanfics:

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Female Squire -> Female Knight?!?!

Though to be honest, I'm leaning towardd male character. It's been ages since I last played one...