Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sakura's Got it Going On"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, honestly, the people who say that are idiots. If they don't like such arguments, then they should just not read them.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    *yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everybody already knows almost everything about Sakura.
    This thread can/ will be the cause of infinite flame wars.

IMO, this thread is useless.
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, honestly, the people who say that are idiots. If they don't like such arguments, then they should just not read them.
    ... aaaannnnd, you make a reasonable and peaceful conversation hostile again.
    *sigh*

Well, I'll drop out of it once more, then. But I'll leave it at; "it's hard to not read them (the Sakura arguments) when they are happening in topics for conversations you DID want to have, that are unrelated to Sakura". They aren't idiots because they didn't expect a Sakura argument to be happening in a topic for something where a Sakura argument wouldn't logically occur.

But, whatever.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, but even so the arguments don't just magically appear. They start at some point, and then that person can stop reading the thread.

And, honestly, I find it highly objectionable that people should have such a problem with one of the main characters of the game being talked about (as opposed to off-topicness more generally), to the point that they don't "enjoy" posting because she gets mentioned outside clearly marked Sakura threads with a special Sakura picture on the main forum and a default Cherry Blossom background....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stop with the fucking fanaticism people.
    There's already the Sakura's fanclub and group to discuss this trivial matters.

At this rate, we will have a thread for every fucking character, and a fucking flame war everyday till the apocalypse.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, and you seem to be trying your hardest to start one here, too....

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Mike, just this once, let go of your competetive spirit and let this thread fade into nothingness.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am, hence why I mostly ignored Void's blatent flamebaiting....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, and you seem to be trying your hardest to start one here, too....
    Absolute wrong.
    The groups have a option to create threads within them. It's more useful to create this kind of topic there.
    Mike1984, you know i like Sakura.

But i can't put up with discussions like "atheists versus christians"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think we even have enough users for a thread for every character the idea is ridiculous. I personally don't even want to bother to look in the game discussion threads.

Well, the thing is, BL always goes horribly off-topic. On the old forums, if a thread was on topic by page 5 or 6, it was doing pretty well. Sakura may well be a common topic for derailment, but like you said trying to restrict specifically Sakura-related off-topicness is just going to piss people (read: me) off, especially since she's an important character, and trying to limit off-topicness in general would go against the general intent of the majority of the forumites.
    Well, to be honest, we kinda did. Remember the CM3 thread? As long as we didn't have new information handed out by arai (which only happened every week/other week) we'd be discussing something else entirely.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

You know, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was stupid, but now I think it might have a good use. If we could tell people who get into a long debate about Sakura to take it to the Sakura thread, in the same manner how we tell people who argue about power levels to take it to the VS. thread, I think it serve a good purpose.

Though, I don't think it will really catch on like that.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People always tell Mike "make a Sakura thread for your Sakura argument lolol", and he always says no.

So that won't work.

Well, the thing is, BL always goes horribly off-topic. On the old forums, if a thread was on topic by page 5 or 6, it was doing pretty well. Sakura may well be a common topic for derailment, but like you said trying to restrict specifically Sakura-related off-topicness is just going to piss people (read: me) off, especially since she's an important character, and trying to limit off-topicness in general would go against the general intent of the majority of the forumites.
    You need to stop focusing in on the old forums. This a new start. There is no reason not to better ourselves and better the discussions. Encourage more activity and invite new users to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Oh, I know. lol

I didn't have this particular name, but I was around the old BL from time to time. I joined a very long time ago, but only popped up once every few months. I know how off-topic things got and how often they became arguments about the heroines. And, to be honest, it bugged me from time to time, but I'm generally not the type of person to make a big deal out of something just because it bugged me. I do think it is a shame that I saw several people saying they can't enjoy posting in this section because of the Sakura arguments, but I also don't intend to pretend I have a legitimate solution to that problem either. At least not one that doesn't then in turn make the forum less fun for other people, while taking away the nature of the community. As I said, there is a reason I have never been a mod before.
    You sir, have a very level head. I commend you. The Sakura discussion does get into everything and ruins so much.

If someone made a thread about Aerith from Final Fantasy VII and said she is the most tragic heroine they have ever encountered, I can bet you someone on here will bring up Sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradin View Post
    You know, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was stupid, but now I think it might have a good use. If we could tell people who get into a long debate about Sakura to take it to the Sakura thread, in the same manner how we tell people who argue about power levels to take it to the VS. thread, I think it serve a good purpose.

Though, I don't think it will really catch on like that.
    That can be one use of this topic, yes. It's not hard to say "Let's take this to the Sakura thread" and continue there.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    People always tell Mike "make a Sakura thread for your Sakura argument lolol", and he always says no.

So that won't work.
    Yeah, see what I said before. I don't see why Sakura-related off-topicness should be dealt with any differently from other off-topicness.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    If someone made a thread about Aerith from Final Fantasy VII said she is the most tragic heroine they have ever encountered, I can bet you someone on here will bring up Sakura.
    Yes, probably, because it would be relevant. Because Sakura is the most tragic heroine I've ever encountered (IMO, anyway).

Really, examples like that prove my point entirely. People complain about including Sakura in conversations where it's entirely reasonable to do so, which is why I have no intention of making use of this thread. Sakura fans have just as much right to discuss her as other people have a right to discuss their favourite topics, and unless you intend to stop all off-topic conversations, I don't see why we should be singled out just because some idiots think that she's less important that she really is and, thus, wonder why she gets her fair share of discussion.
    Last edited by Mike1984; March 23rd, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You need to stop focusing in on the old forums. This a new start. There is no reason not to better ourselves and better the discussions. Encourage more activity and invite new users to join.
    Oh, so you're the one who gets to decide what's "better" and what should be changed, all on your own, with no input from anyone else.

People are going to post off-topic if the discussion goes that way. Not everyone is going to want to keep everything in your topics. Accept it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What the hell is this?

The thread title is bait and switch.

I thought this thread is about Sakura's booty and lady lumps.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This thread.
    Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Oh, so you're the one who gets to decide what's "better" and what should be changed, all on your own, with no input from anyone else.

People are going to post off-topic if the discussion goes that way. Not everyone is going to want to keep everything in your topics. Accept it.
    I did not say how to better yourself or this forum in that statement. I know things go off topic, but when it comes to Sakura, it's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    What the hell is this?

The thread title is bait and switch.

I thought this thread is about Sakura's booty and lady lumps.
    What can I say... I am good with titles.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Counterguardian View Post
    Dude.
    What?

He put "Sakura's Got It Going on".

In quotation marks.

Obviously it implies the thread is about Sakura's buxom figure.