Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And here I thought I couldn't love Marida any more than I already did...
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Marida is actually probably my favorite Universal Century character. She evokes what's awesome about characters like the Xia sisters in FMP! and what's emotional about characters like Maiya Hisau, but, you know, getting the limelight of a main character rather than as support or antagonists. Plus awesome mecha.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    親父にもぶたれたことないのに!

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Guess I'll be thirding that Marida opinion, then.

Latest episode had its share of cheesy speeches, but I'd be a lying liar pants on fire buttmunch if I said I didn't like it that way.

One of my favorite moments was when Full Frontal said that if Char were still alive he probably wouldn't be entirely human if only for the fantastic expression that Zinnerman had as soon he heard that. There was something deeply unsettling about that and it showed.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Build Fighters episode 1 has dropped.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    wow such plastic

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ramba Ral cameo for the win.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ramba Ral was back in a Gouf. That's all I'll ever need from Build Fighters.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Man, Build Fighters has surprised me by being amazingly entertaining.

Ramba Ral in a Gouf, yes please.

Also Sei's mom is voiced by Misato. THAT LUCKY BASTARD.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Kansai dialect and Gundam X Maoh comin' up next week. Waiting on Aila's debut too. Dat charisma break:

I was debating on making a Gundam Build Fighter thread but glad it's here.

...I'm not the only one who squee'd when the Dijeh just tore through a Freedom was I?

Also that kid with the Char Custom Zaku has me proud. He seemed too normal...then he styled his hair back, I was amused. This is the greatest guilty pleasure ever.

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Student council president-kun was great as usual. Didn't quite get what happened in the stinger though
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I love how Kirara was basically a parody of idol industry and every built from the ground up child soldier created by a shadowy faceless organization in a Gundam series. She even had the faux existential angst to go with it. "Was I an idol, or was I a modeler?"

For this and many other reasons, Build Fighters is a thing of wonder.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Spoiler:

This dude knows his shit
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I love you, Build Fighters. I love you so very much. You're just the palate cleanser/love letter to the Gundam Franchise as a whole I needed after all the melodrama of every single Gundam series ever minus the SDs which I never saw.

I heard a friend mention that Build Fighters came to be instead of the regular Gundam because APPARENTLY Valvrave took the spot of serious robot space drama this year.

Totally worth it in my opinion be it true or not. We always needed a self aware Gundam parody, now all we need is Reiji to become playable in the next Gundam VS game!

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It'll be even more hilariously meta if they somehow shoehorn Build Fighters in into a SRW title as well.

They already have Keroro in SRW OE with his Perfect Grade RX-78.

HOW DEEP WILL THIS GO!? A army of Gunpla. Now I need to buy Gundam Breaker, this is the most brilliant form of marketing ever.

Necowain the II

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The marketing is endearing for how blatant it is.

"We know you can't actual battle others using your Gunpla, but here's what you can do!" *cue Ral and Sei going on about the fun things possible with model kits*

The self aware humor is what makes it so damn funny because I had friends claim "Oh Gundam is just a 30 minute toy commercial." Now it took the idea literally, ran with it causing the greatest guilty pleasure.

I almost died whenever Ramba Ral showed Sei the Zeon bar. I KNEW it was going to be a bunch of middle aged cosplayers. Sei being a Seed fan is also hilarious, which leads to the joke his father left because he was disappointed his son didn't appreciate good ol' UC One Year War era. And Sei's mother is a 10/10, but Hi Nu Gundam is still my one true waifu.

This show brings people together, all my Gundam fan friends put aside their differences and are just enjoying the anime. It beautiful.

Necowain the II