Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Thread

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Second episode in and Gundam AGE is already breaking science.

If this trend keeps up then AGE really will become the Gurren Lagann of the Gundam franchise.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

After years of mega-particle cannon technology, they've finally discovered a way to increase the velocity that dense plasma is fired at by rifling it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The laws of physics can kiss my ass if this continues.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Watched this yesterday.

I find the idea of making new weapons on the spot and the dragon mechs pretty kewl.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Episode 3 GET!!

Wow, those mook suits are actually rather hard to kill. Dipping and diving all over the place. Really goes to show the difference between their technologies and that pretty much only the Gundam can barely handle them at this point in time. The UE are also planning something too, considering they had the Diva at their mercy and they decided to let it go...that doesn't bode well.

I personally find the UE (at this point) fascinating, since we know so little about them right now.

Spoiler:
    Heroic Sacrifice from Commander What's-His-Face. One of the best moments in this episode.

Also, Yurin points get. Oh, and more pseudo-Newtype business going on with her. Instinctive foresight and all that.

I have to wonder...where did that UE's wingman get off to? o__0

Spoiler:
    And on a final note....Wolf-Earred Bishounen? In my Gundam? More likely than we think.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually more sure Yurin has something to do with the UE. The fact that she was in the Gundam was probably why they were only going after it and nothing else (like literally flying up to the Diva and scanning it then ignoring it). Oh, and I think so of those UE ships might be unmanned (can't remember the specific lines but something made me think that). Probably only ones like the black one is manned.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Curiously enough, I feel the same way, especially regarding the manned UEs vs un-manned UEs, and am also of the same opinion that the black one was probably piloted (a potential future rival character? maybe...)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    About the same as what I said at TFF.

Gundam Age. I'm sorry. I really am sorry but I have to say this. Two episodes in and I just can't like it. I want to like it just to prove that art styles don't matter and that I can like the series but I don't think I can. I'm asked to believe that these people can have an enemy attack them for nearly fifteen years and not know a thing about them (and apparently have almost no success bringing them down). I'm not sure how they could ever expect the Diva to protect the core in any kind of combat. The Age System feels like it's going to be a deus ex machina. And worst, I have no idea why the hell that butler or Flit kept calling Mobile Suits 'warriors'. That's not a poor translation, you clearly hear them say 'senshi'. Flit apparently designed a lot of the Gundam, doesn't seem to show Setsuna's strange mentality and is (probably) a teenager (seriously, how old is he?). He should be fully aware that a Mobile Suit is not a warrior any more than a tank is a warrior. A Mobile Suit is a military vehicle.

Also I'll go ahead and say it, I really dislike the art. Especially Vargas and Dique. Flit, surprisingly, doesn't irritate me as much as those two do. His hair is kinda annoying, but it's not Yu-Gi-Oh! level ridiculous. I will admit that Yurin looks pretty cool, but that just adds to the problem because (going by Gundam trends) she's going to die to give Flit emotional trauma and he'll end up with Emily.

I think I'll keep watching until episode 5 and then start again once it shifts to the next generation but I really think that I'm doing this to try to prove to myself it isn't a bad series.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Hoo-kay.

Well, this is an interesting implication.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Hoo-kay.

Well, this is an interesting implication.
    What?[/hasn't watched the episode yet because Type Moon Card Game has distracted me]
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you want to get spoiled, then take a look below.

If not, disregard this until you watch the episode...

Episode 5 spoilers! Seriously.
    Well, we have another "newtype" kid. He's a tricky little tyke who is definitely in the know about Mobile Suits and combat and the like, since he is an adept pilot even though he looks like he's six or seven years old.

I would have initially thought that he was affiliated with the UE, but since he had no qualms about gunning down the attacking Gafrans after he gundamjacks the AGE. I'm inclined to think otherwise. ...maybe. I dunno. He probably is for all I know.
    Anyway, he's apparently an orphan who is raised/part of some enigmatic cult-looking group who refers to themselves as EDEN.

On another note, Grodek believes that if the Diva can get enough resources together, then they can go attack the UE on their hometurf which is in an abandoned colony somewhere. If that's the case, they can start by giving those Genoaces DOTS Rifles to replace their flashlights that they call beam weapons...
    Grodek is still a boss, BTW.

Emily, well, annoyed me in this episode. I can understand her point of view, but...something about her attitude this time just grated on me, even if just a little.

Oh yeah, and we have some monoeye mobile suits due to appear in the next episode as the Faradain Arc continues.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; November 6th, 2011 at 06:51 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. I think he's affiliated with the UE. The thing about him destroying their own units makes sense if they were unmanned (remember in the earlier episode they said something about them going moving in certain patterns). Actually, I think it would also make sense even if he was destroying his own people (I believe I've seen this before). And I'm wondering how those UE mobile suits got into and out of the colony in the first place (you see that they were inside of the place when Flit and Desil first meet). So I'm cutting risk cutting off a limb and say that the colonyy (or more people then we think) are affiliated with the UE.

Actually, I was thinking Grodek might actually kill Frau Bau Emily. Cause he was so hardcore.

I dislike Emily. I hope the heroine is Yurin.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice

Dunno if newtype super race collective are affiliated with the UE. Another side to this conflict would be pretty cool.

"Proper story's supposed ta start at the beginning. Ain't so simple with this one"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    At this point it's still rather unknown whether or not the "newtypes" are a part of the UE or not, but at any rate the UE seemed to have shown some interest in them, if we remember what happened with Yurin in Flit's home colony.

Yeah this Eden lot scream secret villainous organization. I'd doubt that they'd end up just being part of the UE.

"Proper story's supposed ta start at the beginning. Ain't so simple with this one"

I hope EDEN is a seperate faction opposed to both the Federation and UE. That way we get a threeway murderfest! The more the merrier. But personaly, I think that EDEN is some kind of organization within the Federation.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm...the possibilities~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    War. War never changes. Now this is starting to look like the Gundam I know.

Also, I'm kind of digging the new gradual changes in Flit's philosophy. He's subtly changing, I can tell.

Woolf is getting sneaky, and looking for an upgrade, too.

Interesting developments with Grodek. We confirm his backstory AND get to see how far he will go to take the fight to the UE.

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    Not from gundam AGE, but this must be seen.

so much rage, so much win.
    this guy is a genius.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    *looks at other videos* HOW DO I PLAY BALDR SKY THAT AWESOMELY
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice