Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: On the Mike Facebook Controversy.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    sure, thats what the ban was about, everyone was quite concerned about the potential real world implications of what Neir did, but the way he is going about it is pointless insulting. Which is either baiting mike about it, or I suppose might be an example of having worked himself into such a tiff about mike's somewhat cavalier attitude that he is haranguing mike out of some misguided sense of moral responsibility, though to me it looks far more like the former
    If you feel that way, then just ignore him. Trying to chastise him for it has only made the situation worse as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Because I have seen people getting burned by having Internet crossing into their real lives, and I am not sure here Mike has realized the gravity of the situation and how important it is to avoid having things like this happening again in a more malicious environment.

I have already vented and laughed at Mike for being dumb as nails in the IRC, I am trying to help here.

And the mod is just being a fuckwad.
    Well, you really haven't helped anything. Mike isn't going to listen to you yell at him, and the mod is well within his rights to keep this forum civil. If you want people to take all of this seriously instead of just your personal vendetta against Mike, then it would help if you didn't end all of your posts in an insult against someone.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    You can't really say "just ignore it" to one of the guy's who's job around here is to not ignore anything.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    If you feel that way, then just ignore him. Trying to chastise him for it has only made the situation worse as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you really haven't helped anything. Mike isn't going to listen to you yell at him, and the mod is well within his rights to keep this forum civil. If you want people to take all of this seriously instead of just your personal vendetta against Mike, then it would help if you didn't end all of your posts in an insult against someone.

The insult was because it just boggled my mind that EVERYTHING he said was real.

If you have half a brain, and have suffered the heirarchy and politics of post graduate studies, you will realize the truth in what I said. Talent is one thing, but image and reputation is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    You can't really say "just ignore it" to one of the guy's who's job around here is to not ignore anything.
    Yes, but if you feel that someone is being a troll, the best thing to do to help your forum is to not give him food and encourage others to do likewise.

Blog Entries
    nah its fine, mike seems like he has slipped the hook, and food flaming me doesnt really bother me, so everything kind of ok now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The insult was because it just boggled my mind that EVERYTHING he said was real.

If you have half a brain, and have suffered the heirarchy and politics of post graduate studies, you will realize the truth in what I said. Talent is one thing, but image and reputation is HUGE.
    Yes, but you haven't answered my question.

What is it that you solve by continuing this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    nah its fine, mike seems like he has slipped the hook, and food flaming me doesnt really bother me, so everything kind of ok now.
    Perfect.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fuck, the irony.

Your trolling gets taken seriously all the time, and the one day you are applying real life lessons, you get branded the troll.

What the fuck is wrong with you people.

Yes, but you haven't answered my question.

What is it that you solve by continuing this?

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect.
    To do something.

Get this incident off of the radar, like getting the mods to remove this thread, for starts.

Right now, he is just complaining and taking the sitting back stance.
    Last edited by food; June 24th, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

US Friend Code
    Eh, they'll realize eventually, food. It's not worth the effort.
    何処に行くの

Blog Entries
    ^This.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, but he does have the option of saying "fuck this" and handing out a warning....

Get this incident off of the radar, like getting the mods to remove this thread, for starts.
    The thread is here to explain what happened, I think removing it would be very unwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    No, but he does have the option of saying "fuck this" and handing out a warning....

The thread is here to explain what happened, I think removing it would be very unwise.
    Mike, just don't. The thread is going to stay up. I don't think any of us have to worry about it going down.

Continuing this only removes it farther from it's original purpose.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post

Are you really dumb as nails?

People read this, they will be curious, "o mike's irl stuff has been leaked, let's see what's the real story". They will talk, and ask around. You do know your information does not disappear from here just by suspending Neir.

Then MORE people will get their hands on your information, and the potential for unsavory people to know your identity increases.

Threads like this are huge neon signs screaming "ask about the Mike incident!"

Mike, just don't. The thread is going to stay up. I don't think any of us have to worry about it going down.

Continuing this only removes it farther from it's original purpose.
    The original purpose is to inform thr resolution, and that purpose is served, now it is just gossip starter.

It makes people MORE curious about the dirt.
    Last edited by food; June 24th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoS2 View Post
    Eh, they'll realize eventually, food. It's not worth the effort.
    ^
    This.

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    Mods, just lock the damn thread. I know you guys loath doing that around these parts, but this is the best solution right now. Things have already been said, there's no more point to this.
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Quote Originally Posted by VelspertheCat View Post
    Mods, just lock the damn thread. I know you guys loath doing that around these parts, but this is the best solution right now. Things have already been said, there's no more point to this.
    I second the Cat's idea.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's still Neir saying his part.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Unlock it when Neir gets back.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now let's forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    There's still Neir saying his part.
    At this point I'm not sure that would be helpful. The case has already been made for him and I suspect that the only responses we would see if he did post his side of the story would be rehashes of ones that we already have here.

The reasons for this thread are twofold. On one hand, it was meant to ask for a mod verdict on the appeal. On the other, it serves as a reminder of both the fact that any case similar to this is unacceptable and the reasoning for said verdict. Both purposes are served by keeping the thread up, but neither are served by letting this argument continue. Locking the thread seems to be a good idea.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Now let's forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream!
    Strawberry Cheesecake!
    何処に行くの